test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, will you be sticking to Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    SWTOR: you HAVE seen their F2P model right? It was so bad, that other MMO's converting to F2P in fact used it against them in advertising. If ever there was a place that is just NOT WORTH trolling or going near. It's the SWTOR forums. I think the "golden poo" EA won, kind of hints towards that.

Precisely, you know all those comments I make about being charged for entering end game dungeons, being charged to roll on loot in end game dungeons and being charged to equip the loot from endgame dungeons, SWTOR is the MMO I'm talking about.

SWTOR is fine, so long as all's you want to do is the single player story, any more than that and EA start charging. People complain about this game being heavily charged, but lets face it, compared to EA's failed attempt to make SWTOR free they're literally giving you this game on a silver platter.

If EA were running it we'd be charged to enter the endgame dungeons, to play any race other than human, to equip any loot above Green, to roll on stuff in teams, the modules, no free bags in game, no bank unless you pay, no mail, no chat, no crafting or limited to 1 slot, 1 active companion slot, reduced crafting bag space and to play Foundry missions.

Isn't what we have good once you have a little perspective?
  • Options
    bbsoonerbbsooner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    You betcha

I'm just hoping that some of the bridge dwellers who are threatening to leave actually do.

This. Completely.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Precisely, you know all those comments I make about being charged for entering end game dungeons, being charged to roll on loot in end game dungeons and being charged to equip the loot from endgame dungeons, SWTOR is the MMO I'm talking about.

SWTOR is fine, so long as all's you want to do is the single player story, any more than that and EA start charging.

SWTOR was more than likely the reason why they won said "award" a second year in a row.

Haven't heard of paying to roll on endgame loot though? do tell more :P
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    SWTOR was more than likely the reason why they won said "award" a second year in a row.

Haven't heard of paying to roll on endgame loot though? do tell more :P

In the version of the model I read on their official site F2P players needed tokens to roll on loot in Flashpoints (this is as well as tokens to get in), you got 2 free tokens a week then had to buy more, no tokens, no loot.

At that point I stopped reading, made sure the game was uninstalled, wiped the leftover data and snapped the install discs in 2. It's a shame as I was looking forward to going back as I hadn't been able to pay a sub as I was out of work, now I can budget for a sub but I'd prefer to put the money into Zen for Neverwinter or an STO sub.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    For those just starting and those who have been sitting at 60, will you be staying?

What keeps you glued to the game, and what repels you?

I love the combat, keeps me on my toes. The lack of classes is currently my biggest gripe.

I will stick around. Just login to collect coins each day so far. This full launch i think is way to soon. They better get the updates up and going fast to get them tested first. This is as it stands to worst beta launch i have been apart of. And this full launch end of the month is going to be very very bad if they dont get the update online ASAP to get the exploits that update will make. This could be the worst ever game launch in mmo history end of june. And thats something no mmo wants for a prize.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    In the version of the model I read on their official site F2P players needed tokens to roll on loot in Flashpoints (this is as well as tokens to get in), you got 2 free tokens a week then had to buy more, no tokens, no loot.

At that point I stopped reading, made sure the game was uninstalled, wiped the leftover data and snapped the install discs in 2. It's a shame as I was looking forward to going back as I hadn't been able to pay a sub as I was out of work, now I can budget for a sub but I'd prefer to put the money into Zen for Neverwinter or an STO sub.

Dear lord... That is some horrid design.

No wonder folks standards for F2P mmo's are so darned low xD there's the "triple A competition" xD haha
  • Options
    warezlolwarezlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have about 7-million in Astral Diamonds that I did not receive from my auctions due to yet another auction house bug. So yeah, if it doesn't get resolved, I'm out.
  • Options
    tygart88tygart88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    For those just starting and those who have been sitting at 60, will you be staying?

What keeps you glued to the game, and what repels you?

I love the combat, keeps me on my toes. The lack of classes is currently my biggest gripe.

yep. having a lot of fun since day 1. I feel like I can play casually and still progress. love the future content being released as "modules." was pleasantly surprised by this game. Do want to see more classes tho, a lot more actually.
  • Options
    miraiinamiraiina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I plan to keep playing! I had been waiting for a good D&D mmo for a while, and was disappointed in DDO.
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Im staying for sure,im lvl 60 and cant wait for this new pvp zone.What keeps me here is simple,this is best MMO game i played last few years.What repels me-nothing atall
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still playing, no plans to stop in the immediate future
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm staying. It's free...why not?

I probably won't be playing as much, but it's not costing me anything.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    daz0neforumdaz0neforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is the chance to fuse an enchant still 1%? if so....yeah, deal breaker for me ...1% is just to much of a money grab, i'd be totally fine if it where 20% or 30% but 1% just feels like a slap in the face. really hope this changes by launch , 'cause i really enjoy the game but that aspect of it just makes me not want to play PS: i have no problem with spending money on the game ...its just this single aspect that puts me off so much. just makes the game leave a sour taste in my mouth.

so basicly if they change that by launch im sticking with the game ^^
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    is the chance to fuse an enchant still 1%? if so....yeah, deal breaker for me ...1% is just to much of a money grab, i'd be totally fine if it where 20% or 30% but 1% just feels like a slap in the face. really hope this changes by launch , 'cause i really enjoy the game but that aspect of it just makes me not want to play PS: i have no problem with spending money on the game ...its just this single aspect that puts me off so much. just makes the game leave a sour taste in my mouth.

so basicly if they change that by launch im sticking with the game ^^

Could always buy a coalescent ward for 100,000 astral diamonds to guarantee success or just outright buy the enchant. To answer the question, I bought a founder pack just a few days ago because I love this game. I'll be sticking with it.
  • Options
    urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    I'm sticking till I live so far.

I'm spanish, from Madrid (sorry for any mispelling), and havent started playing for a long time (only open beta, got a lvl 17 GWF) but so far i've enjoyed the game. It has details that make it different compared to other MMOs. The combat style is very nice, dynamic, a very complete set of updates in powers and others, professions are most intriguing, the "dungeoneering" style (apart from being a GWF you know) is cool, and of course you have the paying system, although it is not a MUST in general (but there is really atractive stuff to spend on lol). Apart from that neat companions, mounts and other nice things...

Having that and considering whe are moving from open beta to live its at least VERY PROMISING.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It has Foundry.

Until it has ANY real competition on that front, I'm here!
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    It has Foundry.

Same... the foundry is epic.

In other games, I joke that I make people cry by ruthlessly ganking them in pvp.

With the foundry, I make them cry by ruthlessly crushing their emotions in uber tragic pve.

Epic.
  • Options
    abcyangabcyang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not really sure. I log in, update my professions quest and log out. If pvp is the only thing going for this game now, well I can tell you the pvp isn't anywhere near as good as PWI let along Planetside 2, League of Legends, GW2 etc. There's no reason to do normal quests now that I'm 60 and I cant be bothered trying to do epics since there's no end-game anyway. Every now and then if I need a time waster, I'll jump in and do a pvp or foundry for daily, but if I don't, what does it matter. I doubt I'll keep this installed much longer.
  • Options
    urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    It has Foundry.

Of course!!! I forgot that!!! Jesus!!! (or rather Tempus!!!)
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nope. Already gone. Thought I'd stick around until 60 but I've not even made it that far. just can't seem to motivate myself to get back into it. Been playing Rift and loving it and even though i have had connection issues ( or they have because it sure ain't me ) for two days now and been unable to play I still have not picked up nevrwinter to fill in the time. This is not a complaint or a criticism, it's merely an observation. I just don't feel it and i don't think I ever did. It pretty well lived up to my expectations, which were low given the development team but all the broken parts just killed it for me.

And before you ask, I come back to see what's changed, if anything. this IP has meant a lot to me for longer than many of you have been alive. I'd prefer it to improve and be the game I'd like. But not on this 5 year old engine.

The community is already becoming exactly what I predicted, just a group of people who paid a lot of money up front sitting around wearing rose-tinted glasses, patting each other on the back for sharing the best experience of their lives, with fewer and fewer people around to point out that the emperor, is in fact, not wearing any clothes.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really like this game, initially i wasnt so keen but i persevered and got to 60 pretty much solo.
    Sure theres not a hell of a lot to do at 60 and im not Min/Max player or Gear Junkie so im left with PvP which to be honest is just atrocious.
    I do want this game to do well, but with all the exploits and the trashy community its already looking grim, the intial selfish exploiters really damaged the game and cryptics credibility by highlighting their refusal/inability to act until it was too late.
    Some will say the economy isnt ruined but take a good long look at how many core elements of the game have been rendered pointless? Seals? PvP? Dungeons? All pointless as its available on the AH, some blues/purples as low as 1 AD, and before anyone says it will recover.. it wont..

In a real life economy yeah maybe theres always a chance of recovery but mainly due to the fact of a burgeoning population with constant needs/wants. Unfortunately this games population is only going to drop so the world is just flooded with T1/2 items for next to nothing which leaves the whole point of dungeons/seals etc just hanging..

Ive had a blast playing and really like my character a lot, but im finding im logging in for less an less time the past week and each time there has been a max 3-10 people on from my guild out of 190 so not looking good.
    There are so many plus points to this game but you have to weigh it up against the negs and when they outweigh it, maybe its time to move on:(
  • Options
    forumz24forumz24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    It's a nice game when you have a little time to waste. I like the combat for the most part and I am a fan of ad&d.

However, the prices on the zen store are outrageous which will cause me to never take this game seriously. I will never rush home to play that game with the 40$ mounts and 10$ bags.

If I am bored and have nothing to do its nice to play around on for a couple hours though.

Any person crying about zen store costs clearly haven't hit end game. 13,500 Gearscore Great Weapon Fighter with greater soulforged/plaguefire, all rank 7 enchants, 2 110% speed mounts, Wedding Garb, 3 24 slot bags, 6 character slots, 3 character tokens and ive payed for 7 or so respecs without spending a dime in this game. This is by far the best free to play model any game has put out to date. If you disagree you are just bad at the game. I was actually laughing at how easy it was to make 4000 zen today. The bads can move along. Pie Aficionados are here to stay.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm getting pretty bored, and I wanna stick around but atm it feels like Champions Online except with no customization in comparison.

Atleast there I could keep starting new alts/concepts lol.
  • Options
    mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You betcha

I'm just hoping that some of the bridge dwellers who are threatening to leave actually do.

Amen!!!! It pains me to read many of the posts.
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not as it stands now, no. I'll play until some of the upcoming titles I'm interested in come out (or I get into beta) but the cash shop prices (and MMO staples like respecs being in cash shop) and PWE/Cryptics outright refusal to even address the issue, it sadly won't be a long term game for me.

It's unfortunate because I feel there is potential here, I just won't support greed.
  • Options
    desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You betcha

+1

Can't wait to have real discussions in the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dafuq you cryin' about? You first MMO??!
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Of course I will. I really love this game!
  • Options
    jhbwolverinejhbwolverine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure I'll stick around for awhile. I'm having fun so far, and I can control how much I spend on it easier than I can a $15/month game. Whether I stick around long-term will depend on how quickly they add new content and whether that new content is any good. Leveling new characters is going to get REAL old if they don't offer another story path.
  • Options
    darthmarkus1971darthmarkus1971 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dunno, it seems fun at first, but the fact that my health doesn't regen, or that my class doesn't have a health regen ability seems kind of lame now, especially after playing SWTOR, where even my Sith Warrior can heal up after fights.....I dunno....chugging pots after every fight just seems annoying and lame (although I could go with the Cleric companion for all my toons, but that seems lame aswell - none of the other companions are viable then)...... *shrug*
  • Options
    trylleskoventrylleskoven Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope, havent loggind in for a week or so, mainly because the game brings nothing new to the mmo scene.

The F2P model dosent seem to fit me that much tbh, mainly because i cant find the time to farm enough in them. I simply find it to boring to be forced to log into a game everyday to do some specific things to make some kind of currency you cant live without. I will much rather play a game, where i can pay a sub, and then have access to do whatever i find fun.

Logging into NW to do daily pvp, daily dungeon, daily foundry and praying is just not for me.
This discussion has been closed.