Options

Why Gauntlgrym Seems Like Bad Game Design

2»

Comments

• Options
    geohingeohin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Then obviously a statement like "combining pve and pvp will lessen the enjoyment of players" not some players...this means all players. Is a giant, terrible, stupid assumption.

Clear enough?

You have reading comprehension problems. It is you my friend, that needs to read a book.
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Then obviously a statement like "combining pve and pvp will lessen the enjoyment of players" not some players...this means all players. Is a giant, terrible, stupid assumption.

Clear enough?
    You assumed he meant all considering he never said all players either. Anyways, he's correct either way, if you'll enjoy the new content that is alright and good for you.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    geohin wrote: »
    I supported the argument with the following facts:

- There are players that only enjoy PvP
    - There are players that only enjoy PvE
    - It will be difficult to assemble a 20 man raid balanced for both endeavors.
    - It will be difficult to optimally spec characters to participate in both events.

Clear enough?

STOP.FEEDING.THE.ARGUMENT.

My personal advice, stop giving a hoot.

tumblr_lcciysus2I1qzv306.gif
    ^^^
    This was my reaction to the trailer. So that should convey enough of what I think.
    And it's pretty apparent this thread is being seriously milked for lulz.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    EDIT: Fighting the trolls has led to me being trolled. Welcome to the internet.
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    aronwen wrote: »
    You assumed he meant all considering he never said all players either. Anyways, he's correct either way, if you'll enjoy the new content that is alright and good for you.

I don't know if i'll enjoy it. Saving that decision for when the content is RELEASED. Buncha silly twats up in this mother fer today.
  • Options
    coolarsonistcoolarsonist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thread starter is simply put, a crying baby.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

1237466918_cows.gif
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013

no, he's a cute little carebear
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    squid2dsquid2d Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I supported the argument with the following facts:

- There are players that only enjoy PvP
    - There are players that only enjoy PvE
    - It will be difficult to assemble a 20 man raid balanced for both endeavors.
    - It will be difficult to optimally spec characters to participate in both events.

Clear enough?

only the first two are facts btw.

replace the word difficult with either the words 'nice change of pace' or even 'challenging yet rewarding' and your glass suddenly becomes half full again :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013

1240589141_dog_milking_a_goat.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    squid2d wrote: »
    only the first two are facts btw.

I see your point. Do you deny that this is a fact :

- There are optimal specs for PvE and optimal specs for PvP
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Don't do it... you're just 2 days from retirement!
  • Options
    masfunkmasfunk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All I know is one thing: I won't be bothered with Gauntlgrym if PVP is required in order to access PVE content. And I know many players that only enjoy the PVE aspect of games.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I don't understand where everyone is getting this. I love PvP. I called for ranked PvP in my post. I farm Glory every day.

I do, however, think that adding Gantlgrym as the 'new PvP' is a sham and should be a massive disappointment for any PvP player that expected dedicated Gantlgrym PvP.
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    250px-Grumpy_Bear.jpg
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If Neverwinter just added a brand new PvP Map/Type then people who only PvP will be happy and enjoy.
    If Neverwinter just added a brand new dungeon then people who only PvE will be happy and enjoy.
    If Neverwinter just added a brand new type of Dungeon + PvP then people who enjoy both will be happy and enjoy.

If you hate PvE, don't do Gauntlgrym(then why are you playing NW? If had Domination and two maps..)
    If you hate PvP, don't do Gauntlgrym.

There will be more PvP and more Dungeons in the future. No one will force you to run this new hybrid style. Its as simple as that. Just don't run it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I cant' deny that, as the game stands, at this very time: there are various optimal TEAM stats for pve and pvp. when you get down to individual builds, there are typically one or two (at most) builds that work.

After the 'balance patch' - who knows?

It's not pvp as we know it - 5v5 is too small to make anything other than optimal, viable.

can't you see that a 20 man raid party can have all sorts of nice combinations of class/builds and still be totally viable ?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    squid2d wrote: »
    can't you see that a 20 man raid party can have all sorts of nice combinations of class/builds and still be totally viable ?

Sure, but it's going to freaking suck to spend a respec token when I want to go back to doing Epic CN.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sure, but it's going to freaking suck to spend a respec token when I want to go back to doing Epic CN.

Assuming that your CN build isn't viable for GG that is :P

it will suck if you have to. we wait and see
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013

And here's a perfect example of why many of us wouldn't pvp if you paid us. The charming people you meet.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    And here's a perfect example of why many of us wouldn't pvp if you paid us. The charming people you meet.

Can't stand the heat, stay out of the primordial of fire heated kitchen.

You were probably one of those who creid to the teacher when the other kids whooped you at kick-ball and then made fun of you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just underlining my point, really.

At least in NWO, we don't have the crazy "world" pvpers, insisting with a straight face that ganking & corpse-camping some dude 50 levels below them is "real pvp". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    Exactly. By releasing this hybrid, PvP gated, content... Neverwinter just fed the PvP trolls.

Hilarious.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Just underlining my point, really.

At least in NWO, we don't have the crazy "world" pvpers, insisting with a straight face that ganking & corpse-camping some dude 50 levels below them is "real pvp". :rolleyes:

Right, and I did so on purpose. PvP isn't for everyone, I agree with you. If you can't stand the fact people are going to act superior and brag and insult, maybe you should stick to single player console games.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Right, and I did so on purpose. PvP isn't for everyone, I agree with you. If you can't stand the fact people are going to act superior and brag and insult, maybe you should stick to single player console games.

ROFLOL

nothing to say to this mess, so here's a random gif

tumblr_mnl4m6uRwg1rluyhko1_400.gif
  • Options
    uedajiruuedajiru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At lesat try it before hand. I duno all this talk on it like your an exspert and no one has even played it yet. As somone else said there are still pve elements in the pvp phase, which is only one phase out of 3 btw. So there no reason some cant focus on the pve part to force the transition into phase 3. Infact i wouldnt be surprsied if those players focusing on the objective during pvp will be the winning team while the people who just go no brain pvp can go have fun doing that.
    There very little we can say right now until we try it, everything until then is speculation, we dont even know how the game will form groups yet so its kinda pointles saying anything right now.
    My thoughts personaly is that its a cool idea, the zone looks prity epic and the mix of gameplay seems better than just doing dungeon crawling all the time. Still id like to see some end game dungeons that dont require the need to go through phases to start them, that is an issue, but as long as they come up with new dungeons in the new module later on then i dont see this new gametpye being a problem. Those who like it will queue, those who dont can stick to the old style dungeons. Its not like there only going to do this kinda content and totally forgoet the classic dungeon style end game content forever is it now, lets just hold our horses abit and wait to see what happens.
    End of the day, new content already is a good thing, how is it not.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    maybe you should stick to single player console games.

Or single player PC games. Or multiplayer co-op PC & console games.

edit: and actually, there's a large number of really excellent single-player console games. So I'm not sure how that's supposed to be a bad thing, or a put-down. But, then, I've used both computers & consoles for decades now, so I've never understood the point of the whole platform-war thing. Well, besides the typical pointless tribalism that pops up in sports, politics, religion, and everything else.
  • Options
    lilmonkey333lilmonkey333 Banned Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    You're a funny guy if you think trolling the boards is a better use of your time than making an opinion post on the future of the game.

I just finished Inferno by Dan Brown. Good, quick read.

lol, is that something to be proud of?
  • Options
    andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds interesting mixing pve and pvp,
    as tried in for example WoW's Alterac Valley (before they destroyed and nerfed it).
    Not a big pvp'er myself, but this is something I must test and play for sure.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    For those complaining about Gauntlgrym as I said in other threads.. you don't have to do it. It doesn't drop better gear than what is already accessible. It's tier 2. It's not necessary in order to progress. Just ignore it's existence and run the same dungeons you're currently running. This update isn't aimed at you. Wait until they release a tier 3 dungeon.