Install Arc
Options

Major updates on the way!

Comments

• Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    naamaesa wrote: »
    Dear Mr. sominator, and Neverwinter developers team!

With all due respect, this game will die much, much faster than promised "changes" in this "Open beta", which is actually the game release, being betatested for the cost of users and their braincells due to shifted game release date.

So please, explain lead developers, that waiting for any actual changes in the game is getting boring and annoying, and basically, any new game on the market will easily turn my attention as a customer to it if it is better polished and taken care of by devs.

Since I don't care about dungeons with their cliff-knockdown fights and add-ridden bosses, here is basic PVP TODO for coders to start, today:

- BUG! Fix people not being teleported into next PvP zone after they were kicked from previous PvP zone.
    This bug is so easily reproduced, everyone is annoyed by this and it makes the game unplayable, because every player who is bugged will bugs new parties and break their PvP zone because thy cannot join, and the guys left 3v5 will find out, when they leave the PvP zone only to find out they cannot join PvP anymore themselves! And YET devs take time to fix frigging "gems in calendar" instead of gamebreaking stuff? Really???

- BUG! Fix broken/completely not working as advertised skills and feats.
    Grab those calculators, check your math, then check your code. And check your heads too - why this is not in priority queue for development???

- IMPROVEMENT! Prohibit random people from kicking each other from auto-premade PvP/dungeon party. make kicks vote-based.
    Fire developer/designer, responsible for current party system. Allowing me to kick someone from my own party, I have pre-made in TOWN is OK. Allowing me to kick people from auto-queued-random-collected party, teleported to instance without means of vote is plain DUMB.

No new features even! Let's fix these 2 bugs and improvement on next sprint!

Until then - NO, I will not pay a single cent into this game until I see developers actually doing something meaningful.
    Was thinking about Hero of the North pack, but really - you have to work for this guys, so I trust my $200 into you.

Let us analyze developer's Last patches!

1) Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.45
    - The Bid and Buyout buttons are now greyed out when an auction has expired
    (I dont care about non working auction house! I cannot join PvP zone because Im bugged!)

- The Hrimnir Item set can now be completed
    (what the heck is this item? I dont care!)

- Items will now be correctly consumed during fusion
    (I havent noticed any issues when fusing my stuff, dont care!)

THIS PATCH IS NOT EVEN WORTH THE DOWNTIME!!! WHY YOU ARE UPLOADING THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> TO LIVE AND STOP CLIENTS FROM PLAYING?

2) Patch Notes: NW.1.20130416.42
    - Great Weapon Fighters can no longer become invulnerable due to cancelling specific powers.
    (Yes, lets fix 1 bug for GWF! Rogues/CWs/Clerics are still broken, whatever!)

- A Double Gems event has been added to the calendar, starting June 14 and ending June 16.
    - A Double Astral Diamonds event has been added to the calendar, starting July 3 and ending July 7.
    (Are. You. Kidding. Me??? DONT CARE ABOUT THIS!!!)

- The game client will no longer get stuck at the loading screen for some users.
    (Thank God for this fix, getting stuck on loading after instance was ridiculous)

Okay, 2 bugs fixed for the WHOLE sprint, omfg, now that is some productivity!

Please, put your priorities and mark your dev sprints into something that really matters and cost your player base from level 1 to level 60!
    Fix critical bugs and non-working functionality instead of barely noticeable things.
    Otherwise this game is dead real soon.

This is why everyone ( yes, everyone ) hates PvP'ers in this game....your wanna be entitled pieces of dung who thinks the world revolves around you.
  • Options
    ulyxosulyxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    People dont hate PVPers, they dislike foulmouthed people, trolls and other wild animals ...

On topic now ... I am glad they are rebalancing stuff, but i must agree the way they bring this about make me cringe. Even with a free respec it will cost people to adjust. Since we cant have all powers at full most people opted totally out of some notoriously bad/bugged powers/feats. After the patch we wont be able to test for ourselves those reviewed powers and in the end it will cost us a couple respecs to "test" them (which is the right word this being a beta).

I would prefer if they would allow free respecs for a week in order for people to get an idea of what powers they do like and which they dont and give a free respec at the end of the week to make sure that people are not stuck with a test build.
  • Options
    fanelitefanelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Need this update... FAST ! ^^
  • Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    olvanator wrote:
    ]And not a single date was given.

No offense, but I also have Christmas vacation 'on the way' as well.

Thanks for the update though - it's good to see 'what' is being worked on, even if we don't know 'when' it will be fixed.
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Wow.... that made me facepalm while shaking my head.
    Yeah... the truth causes different types of reactions to arise out of different people.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    derangedfetishderangedfetish Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    This is why everyone ( yes, everyone ) hates PvP'ers in this game....your wanna be entitled pieces of dung who thinks the world revolves around you.

This is why everyone ( yes, everyone ) hates carebears in this game....you wanna throw all "pvpers"* into the same bag as the foul creature you commented on.

*Seen the inquisition coming down on people that just said something positive about pvp on zone chat.
  • Options
    iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    japo1 wrote: »
    So finally GF e GWF will be released :)?

i like this one. :)
  • Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is why everyone ( yes, everyone ) hates carebears in this game....you wanna throw all "pvpers"* into the same bag as the foul creature you commented on.

*Seen the inquisition coming down on people that just said something positive about pvp on zone chat.
    The Inquisition!

What a show!
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wow that is an ominous list of changes to balance. I imagine everything I have built and spec'd for will be completely useless now. =/
  • Options
    ivaneyesivaneyes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe 4 set's will be worth getting now so we dont have to wear 2 2 set bonus. Also seriously you could not make all sets 5 pieces and make the legs worth something instead of some lame low stat item. Also add another healer class and that will fix the most problems with the game.
  • Options
    twigdoctwigdoc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lichlament wrote: »

I agree, this guys is obviously so self absorbed he simply cant see that anyone or anything matters beyond his extremely narrow view. I particularly like how he predicts doomsday if his specific needs arent met immediatly. Must be a real gem irl.:cool:
  • Options
    xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, haters aside, it's a known fact that balancing both PvP and PvE aspects of the game is a royal pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for any company, even more so for Cryptic which has somewhat of a reputation for ridiculous blunders. Unless you modify the skills to work somewhat differently in PvP when compared to PvE, "balancing" either of them usually leaves the other in a pretty messy state.
  • Options
    iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daxtax86 wrote: »
    It gets tiresome having to knock adds off some ledge in every single "hard boss fight", I really do hope something will happen in this regard in the nearest future, more boss mechanics, fewer (perhaps harder hitting) adds that you actually have to do stuff with and not just kite / knock off some ledge, would really be appreciated.

All in all I like the game, looking forward to these changes but Dread vault final boss + CN final boss is a perfect example of the overcrowded add/knockoff description stated above and it honestly isn't fun, nor is it really hard in any way, it's just stupid.

Big +1 for this. Honestly if all of Gauntlgrym is "Rogues dodge a bunch of **** in melee while CW+DC kite/knock adds", I'm going to quit. It's really stupid and not fun, and that's the case already for way too many fights.
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not a single mention of anything for the foundry. homosexual.
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    khedrak wrote: »
    Gold farmers NOT bots they real people playing a toon gathering anything that they can sell for gold to sell on their bosses website. What you see are not bots. Those spams are also NOT bots, just a person typing, copy and pasting and using macros. Those you think are PvP bots are also NOT bots they are players BOXING it looks like bots and act like bots but they are not bots. I also cunsider those cheaters but they are allowed in most games.
    I feel the need to make a correction here.
    FmAlK7b.jpg
    Lets see, we have a player, lets call them Mikal.
    We have spam. said spam is A: From a Bot, or B: Not From a Bot.
    I have focused on a area of interest. Since it is a steadily increasing number after each post posted in quick succession. 10Min after collecting this screenshot(D: took to long getting a chrome photoshop clone), a saw a new "acc" with the same message in the value range of 1950, and just now I see a new acc again, this one Yuehnw(less creative :(), with the number range at 2080.
    They sir, have a very strong macro program.

Furthermore, the pvpbots you can actively count, and time and see the horridness and repetition of "the afker" who has nothing better to do for 14 hours a day.
  • Options
    tsatixtsatix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So looks like you made this post to discuss the patch notes a little early seeing as there are none in sight. A preview would be nice.
  • Options
    dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Original post in this game looks like a desperate try to make some of the playerbase stay ingame, infact there is no content now, and CN's last boss can be killed fully legit 3 man. There is only 1 PvP game mode with 2 maps which are not designed very well, so there is nothing to do in this game.

You guys indeed need a good, big and hardcore piece of content which players would struggle to walk through.

Right, because every PvP'er is the same as the person you've quoted. You are not very smart, aren't you? Well I'm not surprised since I already know that doing only PvE affects people's intelligence in a negative way.

And by the way there are obvious reasons for any developer to pay attention for PvP part of their game. Because you don't need to create new huge corridors filled with mobs for players to walk through and forget, all you need is to create a couple of maps and game modes probably using recycled content in order to create PvP content, which unlike PvE content in theme-park MMOs can never be walked through and forgotten. There also is a foundry system in NWO which has huge potential, not used at all so far. If you'll give players a foundry toolkit to create their own PvP maps with pre-moderation - they will create content for you and devs won't even have to worry about it. Imagine that we can create any circumstances for points gain for example - players will give you CTF and TD maps in a matter of days, all you'll need to do is moderate it to avoid possible exploitation.

I have alot of thoughts and ideas on the subject of course, but long story short - time an effort you have to give creating PvP content is nowhere near what you have to give creating PvE content, and on top of this PvP content has much-much longer longevity. How do I know? People still play UO, people still play RO guild wars on private servers etc., while all they had are very basic class mechanics and a couple of well designed castle maps. Same with WoW arena which once created holds hundreds of thousands players ingame, became a E-sport discipline more or less, while all blizzard actually did - they made a simple ladder for arena players with titles and a fancy dragon as a reward for top 0.5% players. They've created PvP sets recycling content from PvE. They had this result with almost zero effort made. Plus my mates always tell that rated battlegrounds are doing fairly well - once again it's just a couple of maps which are like 8 years old or something + one simple ladder system.
  • Options
    midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    tsatix wrote: »
    So looks like you made this post to discuss the patch notes a little early seeing as there are none in sight. A preview would be nice.

An anything would be nice. Some patch notes, and date less ambiguous than "soon", anything. It feels like I've been waiting forever for a balance patch. Maybe that's because my class has been forever ineffective.

I wish they would have announced this the day of the patch. Now it feels like I'm doing more of what I've been doing for a month+ ....waiting.
  • Options
    thorsonwongthorsonwong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's hoping that the GWF gets a MAJOR buff in both AoE DPS and survivability. For a class with as much AC as it has, there's no reason they should be squishier than Rogues/CWs. >.<
    Time is like new-fallen snow, it is precious.
  • Options
    bananamannbananamann Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was completely prepared to give you guys 3+ months of leniency. Thanks for being on the ball. You got a loyal player here. Hopefully these changes are the right ones and if they're off, you listen and tweak again. Seems like you're doing just that though, so I'll sit in the corner and watch things play out; hopefully for the best.
    Toodles.
  • Options
    thomaskipthomaskip Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys need to fix the requirements needed to respec my character! I got to 60 and now my talent trees are so far out of what they should be that i can not go any further in the game. The dungeon needed to get the last piece of my T1 set requires that i have certain powers and feats in place to proceed - and because i messed up my tree while leveling - i am no good to anyone as a tank in this dungeon.
    I have one piece of my T1 to go and i can not do that without spending all day every day for a month playing and grinding to earn AD to respec and then i have to pay Zen for my feats tree, why is this like that!
    I am so frustrated with this. I know it is my fault that i messed it up so much but come on why do i have to pay for what is called a free game this is not cool :mad:
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cats cats cats.. nerf
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    volkaervolkaer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xenobius wrote: »
    Well, haters aside, it's a known fact that balancing both PvP and PvE aspects of the game is a royal pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for any company, even more so for Cryptic which has somewhat of a reputation for ridiculous blunders. Unless you modify the skills to work somewhat differently in PvP when compared to PvE, "balancing" either of them usually leaves the other in a pretty messy state.

I would take it a notch further and say that it is IMPOSSIBLE to fully balance a game around both the PvE and PvP aspect. The developers need to either make a PvE game with PvP elements in it, and balance it around PvE, or make a PvP game with PvE elements and balance it around PvP. Trying to do both at the same time would cripple the whole concept, immersion, and everything that the game was trying to achieve in the first place. Which is something that I sincerely hope does not happen here. Especially considering, the developers did state on several occasions that they wanted to try and give players a feel of DnD experience.

I really don't want to argue with regards as to what would be better, PvP or PvE, and frankly I don't want to say which I prefer - but it WOULD be nice if we can get a confirmation (unless we already did) as to the direction this game is inclined at, and the developers to stick to their guns with that chosen path, thus ignoring people complaining for 'balance' in the alternative.

On a completely un-related note, can tanky companions get some love terms of aggro? Pretty much every tank companion - including Galeb Dur - is absolutely useless keeping aggro off pretty much every single unit in a group of enemies. Don't get me wrong, probably one of the most survivable mortal pets there is, and he does occasionally hold aggro for a few seconds every couple of minutes in a big fight on one enemy, but I don't think it would break the game to make a tank companion, at least a remotely viable tank class - something that currently a cleric companion (with defensive enchantments for survivability) does better through keeping aggro significantly more efficiently.
  • Options
    elwardenfelwardenf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    urlag wrote: »
    @rck2roll
    this game is based on pnp dnd 4e.
    in pnp 4e, clerics wear chain armor (unless they take feat for scale/plate), cannot use shields (unless they take feat for it), and a vast majority of their powers are ranged spells. the melee weapon based powers, are highly situational, and not taken very often due to that.

Yeah, but I dont recall seeing these feats available to us here?!? As cleric or healer in other MMOs had shield and mace. In DDO even, would select abilities (or multiclass) that allowed us to use weapons of certain types if we wanted to. Yes aware they only implemented the Divine oracle, but cant become a War Priest, Battle Chaplain, *sigh* waiting patiently for that option. Leveling is too fast also.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    volkaer wrote: »
    I really don't want to argue with regards as to what would be better, PvP or PvE, and frankly I don't want to say which I prefer - but it WOULD be nice if we can get a confirmation (unless we already did) as to the direction this game is inclined at, and the developers to stick to their guns with that chosen path, thus ignoring people complaining for 'balance' in the alternative.

Kinda obvious that this is a PvE-focused game considering that PvP was added as an afterthought and has a limited amount of content. PvP is a side-activity.
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    thomaskip wrote: »
    You guys need to fix the requirements needed to respec my character! I got to 60 and now my talent trees are so far out of what they should be that i can not go any further in the game. The dungeon needed to get the last piece of my T1 set requires that i have certain powers and feats in place to proceed - and because i messed up my tree while leveling - i am no good to anyone as a tank in this dungeon.
    I have one piece of my T1 to go and i can not do that without spending all day every day for a month playing and grinding to earn AD to respec and then i have to pay Zen for my feats tree, why is this like that!
    I am so frustrated with this. I know it is my fault that i messed it up so much but come on why do i have to pay for what is called a free game this is not cool :mad:

You're not alone. I have raged about this as well. Do not make needed game functions a cash buy or else it is no longer a free to play game. It becomes a free to log in and camp the AH until you have managed to collect enough AD for a possible respec. At which time they will "rebalance" and make you need another respec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is the most fun MMO I've played! However, I'm begging Cryptic to consider slowing down level advancement. I really feel I'm moving too fast through levels. I'm just enchanting gear, then 30 minutes later swapping it for even better, higher level gear. It takes away from the joy of questing.

Hey, it's the root of any complaint I have about Neverwinter! I can even live with the insane Hit Points and Damage Points, although it would really be sweet if those got trimmed down to PnP sized numbers (or at least DDO numbers, which are close), in time for the Live Launch date of June 20.

I otherwise LOVE this game!
    Thank you Cryptic, for bringing the Forgotten Realm back into my home!
    :)
  • Options
    killdroxkilldrox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the control wizard needs to seriously nerfed. Way to op when playing pvp. either reduce the effects of his slow/imoobilizing spells or reduce the amount of health/armour they have.
  • Options
    cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    too little too late sadly
    lol then you have the attention span of a rock. i dont care what anyone says this is still an open beta and they are taking all of the "feedback" and trying to fix the issues for an official launch. You act as if the game has had no attention from devs for a year or something. The funny thing is that probably everyone that makes a silly post like this will actually be back to play after the updates, even if just to check them out.
  • Options
    cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bnaude65 wrote: »
    If they are charging money for anything related to the game, it is not beta. Such a misuse of the term. What you are experiencing is a soft launch. Get over the beta misnomer.

lol they have to beta test the zen system nooblet.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    olvanator wrote: »
    And not a single date was given.

No offense, but I also have Christmas vacation 'on the way' as well.

Thanks for the update though - it's good to see 'what' is being worked on, even if we don't know 'when' it will be fixed.

did you even read the OP? your name should be "Oblivi-nator" see what i did there?
This discussion has been closed.