test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Major updates on the way!

Comments

• khedrakkhedrak Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    And if a major bug is discovered in internal testing and the patch is delayed 3 weeks, what then? Do you want to be the person dealing with a community of annoyed people who were expecting the patch to go live by a certain date. Their current policy of Soon may annoy you, but it's the best policy for them.

By your definition either WoW is F2P or has none of those things, seeing as neither of those is true, I suspect you are wrong.

If the patch includes exploit fixes then we won't see the notes until shortly before the server goes down.

I've played WoW from start till now and NOPE NO BOTS and NO HACKERS. Gold farming there WAS but not so much anymore. SO YES I AM RIGHT! Clearly your not or ever were an avid WoW player!
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    khedrak wrote: »
    I've played WoW from start till now and NOPE NO BOTS and NO HACKERS. Gold farming there WAS but not so much anymore. SO YES I AM RIGHT!

No Bots in WoW vanilla? yeah, sure...
  • gluthongluthon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hallipo wrote: »
    I honestly hope that with said changes to class abilities and rebalancing that you include free respecs? Or are they going to make us pay $6 to make our characters playable again after said rebalancing and ability changes? I mean, not that I would doubt that Cryptic would pass up a chance to gouge yet more money from thier player base, I was just kinda hoping, you know?
    if they do that, im out"D
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    madqhue wrote: »
    So with Cryptic's sense of time 'finishing touches' probably means "we'll release it in 2-3 weeks".

There's a typo in your post....you accidentally wrote weeks when I'm pretty sure you at least meant months.
    edited June 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    No Bots in WoW vanilla? yeah, sure...

No where near as many as this game and other f2p games. The ones you THINK are bots were the gold farmers. They act similar to bots and hard to tell, find and take care of because they are not bots or hackers. Not to mention the players that are Multi-boxing also look to some people as hackers or bots but they are not and are allowed in the game. Actual hackers and bots were always few that were noticeable anyway. In free to play games they are ALWAYS noticeable and many.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Here's hoping you fix Knight's Valor.... I only made a thread a month ago (acknowledged by a red name) that it's totally FUBAR atm.
  • aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No where near as many as this game and other f2p games. The ones you THINK are bots were the gold farmers. They act similar to bots and hard to tell, find and take care of because they are not bots or hackers. Not to mention the players that are Multi-boxing also look to some people as hackers or bots but they are not and are allowed in the game. Actual hackers and bots were always few that were noticeable anyway. In free to play games they are ALWAYS noticeable and many.
    so bots are allowed as gold farmers in WoW? I Vividly recall running into bots ALL the time.
    NWs bots are mainly just spam bots and pvp bots, wait, gold farmers! in NW! its HORRID!.
    edited June 2013

"A number of bots developed by numerous people started appearing within a year or two of World of Warcraft's release, such as Openbot. However, the most notable and famous of which was Glider, which first appeared in 2005. Developed by Michael Donnelly, Glider was noted for it's particular ease of use, numerous features, and robust community. It's strong community created many profiles to use with the bot, and distributed them freely. After it's initial popularity, Glider was developed into a full featured bot in 2007 and sold for $25. The bot and it's community thrived for over 4 years, and over 100,000 copies of Glider were sold (as of 2008). Glider quickly became the de-facto program of choose for most botters."

Taken from: http://www.wowwiki.com/Bot

I wonder why Blizzard bothered to file a lawsuit against them if it was just a barely noticeable phenomenon. *rollseyes*
    edited June 2013
    avean wrote: »
    so bots are allowed as gold farmers in WoW? I Vividly recall running into bots ALL the time.
    NWs bots are mainly just spam bots and pvp bots, wait, gold farmers! in NW! its HORRID!.

Gold farmers NOT bots they real people playing a toon gathering anything that they can sell for gold to sell on their bosses website. What you see are not bots. Those spams are also NOT bots, just a person typing, copy and pasting and using macros. Those you think are PvP bots are also NOT bots they are players BOXING it looks like bots and act like bots but they are not bots. I also cunsider those cheaters but they are allowed in most games.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So this massive update going to come with MASSIVE amounts of more EXPLOITS added to the exploits we have now.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Implements.. Or kill stuff until one drops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jasondeangelojasondeangelo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So this massive update going to come with MASSIVE amounts of more EXPLOITS added to the exploits we have now.
    Go back under the bridge, good news for 99% of us but someone has to whine, its open BETA, of course there are problems, I play a GF main and tbh all I would like is about 50% more threat so I can spec more into tanking, right now I CAN keep adds off my healer, but that's running a high DPS build, so more threat to me = more defence.

I will say I strongly second the calls for a free respect tokens for all toons that are being patched.
  • swedishtrexswedishtrex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've played WoW from start till now and NOPE NO BOTS and NO HACKERS. Gold farming there WAS but not so much anymore. SO YES I AM RIGHT! Clearly your not or ever were an avid WoW player!

stop lying it makes you look stupid, there was not even 3 months of launch before we had massive botting going on in wow because they where naive and let alot of stuff on the client (like this game did) like the x/y axis... no bots ? how about dire maul roundups and a billion epic swords flooding ah ? a trillion chest farmers in stratholme by bugs ? k-blades being flooded from underground wpl chest farming ?

so yeah, there is and was bugs, exploits and hacks in wow that was 10x worse than what we seen here and it took them 10x longer to fix, remove rose tinted **** goggles plz.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please improve the class system first! guardians should be able to tank! astral shield shouldnt be so game changing! bosses should be tuned, to allow other classes (little love for gwf at the moment, and control wizards just do the same ball of suck routine in every encounter)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • idunazidunaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    Go back under the bridge, good news for 99% of us but someone has to whine, its open BETA, of course there are problems, I play a GF main and tbh all I would like is about 50% more threat so I can spec more into tanking, right now I CAN keep adds off my healer, but that's running a high DPS build, so more threat to me = more defence.

I will say I strongly second the calls for a free respect tokens for all toons that are being patched.

Respect is never free, you have to earn it.
    edited June 2013
    idunaz wrote: »
    Respect is never free, you have to earn it.

I demand respec! No, wait. I command it!
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    I demand respec! No, wait. I command it!

It can be yours for only 600 zen :)
  • rck2rollrck2roll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think TR should get great burst DPS if they are backstabbing ... And combat advantage applies and all that ...

Seriously ... if Clerics were to be the way DnD had them from the start then why aren't they wearing Platemail and using blunt weapons with shields?? What's with this casting Cleric only class anyway ... MAces, Morning Stars, etc. where are those??

As it is Clerics are locked into chainmail and casting only ... That is NOT the way Clerics have been played thru the years in paper DnD ... It's some new addition ...
  • urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    @rck2roll
    this game is based on pnp dnd 4e.
    in pnp 4e, clerics wear chain armor (unless they take feat for scale/plate), cannot use shields (unless they take feat for it), and a vast majority of their powers are ranged spells. the melee weapon based powers, are highly situational, and not taken very often due to that.

also, if tr's get higher burst when backstabbing/combat advantage, then their dmg when not backstabbing/combat advantage will have to go down a bit to compensate. in majority of fantasy gaming history, more burst = more requirements, and more burst = low dmg when not bursting

if tr's got more burst, all other classes would start qq'ing about pvp, and tr's would start qq'ing about pve, this has happened in every online game with a high burst class
  • tomhic19tomhic19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great work on this game so far. I really enjoy the game and its playstyle and look forward to the updates and such. For those asking for all this stuff like free respecs, upgraded companions and all this other stuff here, please remember its an open beta still which means a lot of things are in the mix. This is tweak time and not give people free stuff time. If your committed to the game wait and see what happens, it will all eventually get worked out as it is beta and they are not wiping characters so just assume they are giving respecs or buy your own if not. Also for companions they are lvl 15 max yes, but if you look in the companion vendor there are already upgrade items there going to be released, wait for those or use AD, Zen or even gold through zone chat and buy a better one. I saw the game as a worthwhile investment and bought a founders pack and haven't looked back since and have enjoyed the game a ton more since.
  • xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Believe me, it doesn't work, the boards will still be full of threads along the lines of "Where's the patch we were promised!" even if they state openly that a major bug is why they missed the "promised" release date.

The forums will be full of chronic whining no matter what happens or what game we're talking about. All you can do is work to adjust the volume and clarity of the whining ;p
  • cbpettycbpetty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    super stoked!!!
  • naamaesanaamaesa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dear Mr. sominator, and Neverwinter developers team!

With all due respect, this game will die much, much faster than promised "changes" in this "Open beta", which is actually the game release, being betatested for the cost of users and their braincells due to shifted game release date.

So please, explain lead developers, that waiting for any actual changes in the game is getting boring and annoying, and basically, any new game on the market will easily turn my attention as a customer to it if it is better polished and taken care of by devs.

Since I don't care about dungeons with their cliff-knockdown fights and add-ridden bosses, here is basic PVP TODO for coders to start, today:

- BUG! Fix people not being teleported into next PvP zone after they were kicked from previous PvP zone.
    This bug is so easily reproduced, everyone is annoyed by this and it makes the game unplayable, because every player who is bugged will bugs new parties and break their PvP zone because thy cannot join, and the guys left 3v5 will find out, when they leave the PvP zone only to find out they cannot join PvP anymore themselves! And YET devs take time to fix frigging "gems in calendar" instead of gamebreaking stuff? Really???

- BUG! Fix broken/completely not working as advertised skills and feats.
    Grab those calculators, check your math, then check your code. And check your heads too - why this is not in priority queue for development???

- IMPROVEMENT! Prohibit random people from kicking each other from auto-premade PvP/dungeon party. make kicks vote-based.
    Fire developer/designer, responsible for current party system. Allowing me to kick someone from my own party, I have pre-made in TOWN is OK. Allowing me to kick people from auto-queued-random-collected party, teleported to instance without means of vote is plain DUMB.

No new features even! Let's fix these 2 bugs and improvement on next sprint!

Until then - NO, I will not pay a single cent into this game until I see developers actually doing something meaningful.
    Was thinking about Hero of the North pack, but really - you have to work for this guys, so I trust my $200 into you.

Let us analyze developer's Last patches!

1) Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.45
    - The Bid and Buyout buttons are now greyed out when an auction has expired
    (I dont care about non working auction house! I cannot join PvP zone because Im bugged!)

- The Hrimnir Item set can now be completed
    (what the heck is this item? I dont care!)

- Items will now be correctly consumed during fusion
    (I havent noticed any issues when fusing my stuff, dont care!)

THIS PATCH IS NOT EVEN WORTH THE DOWNTIME!!! WHY YOU ARE UPLOADING THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> TO LIVE AND STOP CLIENTS FROM PLAYING?

2) Patch Notes: NW.1.20130416.42
    - Great Weapon Fighters can no longer become invulnerable due to cancelling specific powers.
    (Yes, lets fix 1 bug for GWF! Rogues/CWs/Clerics are still broken, whatever!)

- A Double Gems event has been added to the calendar, starting June 14 and ending June 16.
    - A Double Astral Diamonds event has been added to the calendar, starting July 3 and ending July 7.
    (Are. You. Kidding. Me??? DONT CARE ABOUT THIS!!!)

- The game client will no longer get stuck at the loading screen for some users.
    (Thank God for this fix, getting stuck on loading after instance was ridiculous)

Okay, 2 bugs fixed for the WHOLE sprint, omfg, now that is some productivity!

Please, put your priorities and mark your dev sprints into something that really matters and cost your player base from level 1 to level 60!
    Fix critical bugs and non-working functionality instead of barely noticeable things.
    Otherwise this game is dead real soon.
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Honestly the biggest issue with this game's endgame from a PvE perspective is not class balance. Sure it is an issue that 2 clerics is always supperior to 1cleric 1gf and the fact that the GWF is pretty insignificant, less DPS than the Rogue, no real control like the CW - So yes balances are needed.

Having said that the biggest issue is really how PvE content "scales", right now a "harder fight" means more adds at a rapid rate, which is honestly rather boring in the long run and it is ashame since the game in itself, the combat, mechanics etc are awesome.

It gets tiresome having to knock adds off some ledge in every single "hard boss fight", I really do hope something will happen in this regard in the nearest future, more boss mechanics, fewer (perhaps harder hitting) adds that you actually have to do stuff with and not just kite / knock off some ledge, would really be appreciated.

All in all I like the game, looking forward to these changes but Dread vault final boss + CN final boss is a perfect example of the overcrowded add/knockoff description stated above and it honestly isn't fun, nor is it really hard in any way, it's just stupid.
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • alexarisalexaris Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they are going to fix anything, I hope they start with the server problem ... I'm only playing for a little right now due to the constant "server not Responding" delay and boot .... very frustrating.
  • radnutradnut Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I, for one, welcome our new Gaurdian Ftr/Grt Weapon Ftr overlords, 8)
  • snewfielokisnewfieloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sadly for Cryptic Studios your changes are not arriving fast enough you are loosing player base as we speak half my guild quit Neverwinter they have nothing new to do...

Was a great Concept sadly mishandled release and please stop calling this a Beta or give every penny back to players!

Dott lvl 60 TR
    Jazz lvl 60 DC
    Snewfie lvl 36 CW

Snewfie signing off
  • sirwatson8181sirwatson8181 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    naamaesa really, really, REALLY needs to get outside and get some fresh air.

And please for drink less vodka, comrade!
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hallipo wrote: »
    I honestly hope that with said changes to class abilities and rebalancing that you include free respecs? Or are they going to make us pay $6 to make our characters playable again after said rebalancing and ability changes? I mean, not that I would doubt that Cryptic would pass up a chance to gouge yet more money from thier player base, I was just kinda hoping, you know?
    What this person said... Free respec tokens should be awarded, at least one per existing toon. Nothing worse than getting to a certain lvl, spending points in a certain way due to current bugs, only to have those abilities killed/balanced/nerfed etc and have to spend money to fix something that was none of our doing.. Pay to respec? Sure, if I was the one who screwed up my speccing. This is your issue though. Should totally be on you to fix it, not our pocketbooks...
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just hope they decide to actually release the game now that they're adding content. Not sure how much longer Cryptic can hide under the beta label, anyway.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
This discussion has been closed.