test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(CANCELED) Scheduled Maintenance 6-4-13 7AM PDT

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone!

We'll be having a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, beginning at 7AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?). Estimated downtime is 1.5 hours.

Please look here for patch notes when they become available.

Thank you!

Update: This maintenance has been canceled and will be rescheduled to a later time. Apologies for the change of plans! We will let you know when we have an updated time regarding when this build will go live. Thanks for your support!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    dekarteadekartea Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys have seriously short downtime. Props for that.
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    LMAO \m/
  • Options
    finalcatalyst454finalcatalyst454 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dekartea wrote: »
    You guys have seriously short downtime. Props for that.

that's because there's only like, 2 to 3 changes per patch. (idk if it is 2 to 3 but it does tend to be very few)
  • Options
    mrcatchymrcatchy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why dont you just take the shards down now? there is a new exploit ffs. Well, there is some exploit where you can enchant with 100% success without using a coalescent ward. So you are killing the economy in this game more by keeping the shards up for 12 more hours.. Take them down asap if you want a future for this game!!
  • Options
    michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    I don't know about this and haven't played in like a week but kids like you ruin it. lol
    mrcatchy wrote: »
    Why dont you just take the shards down now? there is a new exploit ffs. Well, there is some exploit where you can enchant with 100% success without using a coalescent ward. So you are killing the economy in this game more by keeping the shards up for 12 more hours.. Take them down asap if you want a future for this game!!
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Update: This maintenance has been canceled and will be rescheduled to a later time. Apologies for the change of plans! We will let you know when we have an updated time regarding when this build will go live. Thanks for your support!
  • Options
    narc17narc17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't enter the game >.<
    Says my username is incorrect and I have already registred 5 times.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    narc17 wrote: »
    I can't enter the game >.<
    Says my username is incorrect and I have already registred 5 times.

Try using your e-mail.

And note that your username is different than your display name. :)
  • Options
    omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grokc wrote: »
    So the enchant/coal ward exploit will continue? Any chance on a quick fix so the economy doesnt get wrecked?!
    I like that you think you are helping, but you aren't helping. Quiet, please.
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    viktta1viktta1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    but where are the patch notes you are gonna implement? I wanna have a look to that!
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    omhols wrote: »
    I like that you think you are helping, but you aren't helping. Quiet, please.
    I understand your desire to keep it under wraps but there was a post on how to do it on the general forums for 3 hours last night...about 8 pages worth before it got closed. I wont mentioned it anymore but the damage migjt be done already. Not trying to sound like the bad guy here at all...I just want a smooth economy!!
  • Options
    zylodeuszylodeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grokc wrote: »
    I understand your desire to keep it under wraps but there was a post on how to do it on the general forums for 3 hours last night...about 8 pages worth before it got closed. I wont mentioned it anymore but the damage migjt be done already. Not trying to sound like the bad guy here at all...I just want a smooth economy!!

Being a drama queen. It's not even some major game-breaking economy-breaking exploit. You're not duping, you're not making infinite diamonds, it's just making ONE item in the game useless and not valued until the patch.

Everyone is ready to run off a cliff if a house cat is growling at them and has them cornered.
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    zylodeus wrote: »
    Being a drama queen. It's not even some major game-breaking economy-breaking exploit. You're not duping, you're not making infinite diamonds, it's just making ONE item in the game useless and not valued until the patch.

Everyone is ready to run off a cliff if a house cat is growling at them and has them cornered.
    Easy man...no need for name calling.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zylodeus wrote: »

Everyone is sick of exploits is what everyone is. What makes it worse is that the coalescent wards are ridiculously priced and the fact that the high level enchantments REQUIRE them to make is a greedy cash grab. No wonder people are using the exploit:rolleyes:.

It also isn't "one item". It allows a person to make as many high level enchants as they want and sell them on the AH. Wakey wakey.

At some point, those of us who love and support the game are going to get tired of being so horribly disadvantaged to the cheaters and we will walk away. Then there will be no one to support the game with hard cold cash. Then game dies.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Everyone is sick of exploits is what everyone is. What makes it worse is that the coalescent wards are ridiculously priced and the fact that the high level enchantments REQUIRE them to make is a greedy cash grab. No wonder people are using the exploit:rolleyes:.

It also isn't "one item". It allows a person to make as many high level enchants as they want and sell them on the AH. Wakey wakey.

At some point, those of us who love and support the game are going to get tired of being so horribly disadvantaged to the cheaters and we will walk away. Then there will be no one to support the game with hard cold cash. Then game dies.

This, mostly, only with less doomsaying.

People being able to create mass quantities of high-level enchants with no chance of failure and without using the wards cuts Cryptic's profit out of that picture.

For those of us that did not cheat, we were (or will be) spending money on the wards, and if they do nothing about it, the exploiters will have a great many for next to nothing. Not just for now, not just for one or two characters, but as many as they could make, to use for their own characters (some of whom may not even be created yet) or to sell for ADs.

They will have not only not spent money on the wards, but will have used the exploit to prevent themselves from having to spend money on something else later, too.
  • Options
    micjijimicjiji Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    plz fix the GF dmg bug while u guys are working
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This, mostly, only with less doomsaying.

People being able to create mass quantities of high-level enchants with no chance of failure and without using the wards cuts Cryptic's profit out of that picture.

For those of us that did not cheat, we were (or will be) spending money on the wards, and if they do nothing about it, the exploiters will have a great many for next to nothing. Not just for now, not just for one or two characters, but as many as they could make, to use for their own characters (some of whom may not even be created yet) or to sell for ADs.

They will have not only not spent money on the wards, but will have used the exploit to prevent themselves from having to spend money on something else later, too.

Basically, this.

Everyone who is anyone in this game already knows how to reproduce the bug, and you people saying "Shhh..." are most likely the ones taking advantage of the bug for personal profits.

Although I agree this exploit did not single-handedly break the economy, but we are up to about what, 6-7 major exploits that more or less give the exploiter unlimited AD. The culmination of all these exploits, and don't tell me EVERYONE who exloited got banned, becuase I know a few people personally that did, and are still, is what will eventually kill the economy.
  • Options
    iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Oh i see maybe you guys adding more Zen items?
  • Options
    saagesaage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What can I say about the exploit...there will always be a bunch of people *cough* ******bags *cough* out there that don't see the consequences until it's too late.
  • Options
    urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    @saage
    more likely, they dont care about the consequenses and just do it for the cheap thrill
    or less likely than above but more likely than being blind, they do it on purpose knowing full well the consequenses of thier actions

most of the major exploiters of videogames out there, are proud of what they do, which is a huge problem.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    You're joking, right? You're just going to let this exploit go on?
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saage wrote: »
    What can I say about the exploit...there will always be a bunch of people *cough* ******bags *cough* out there that don't see the consequences until it's too late.
    urlag wrote: »
    @saage
    more likely, they dont care about the consequenses and just do it for the cheap thrill
    or less likely than above but more likely than being blind, they do it on purpose knowing full well the consequenses of thier actions

most of the major exploiters of videogames out there, are proud of what they do, which is a huge problem.

what consequences? that ppl buy less wards and the price for high tiers gets cheaper on the AH?

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    what consequences? that ppl buy less wards and the price for high tiers gets cheaper on the AH?

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!

People like u "sadface",

How proud i would be if my character had a great enchant after months of farming, now i dont think so.
    Where did the pride go to, and the honor :(?
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nvm 10char
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    People like u "sadface",

How proud i would be if my character had a great enchant after months of farming, now i dont think so.

Made my day.

You are talking about something that can be done easier and more effectively by a few hundred lines of poorly written code. If you want pride and honor do something real, all these games are is a way to WASTE time.
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    People like u "sadface",

funny, just because my point of view is different (since I actually took 5 seconds to think about the actual consequences) I must be one of them.

you know what they say about assumptions, right?

also, the point about honor and pride is pretty much moot cause all it takes is mom's credit card....
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Did i point out you where one of them? No i did not, your attitude however absolves them of blame.
    Since you enjoy the end result = cheap items on ah
    You dont see the flaw in that logic?
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    who says I buy my stuff on the AH? assumptions again. I just stated the effect.

I admit I might have misread that "people like u". nonetheless, the only "victim" here if you want to talk about consequences is pwe when they sell less zen for wards. otoh they might see reduced prices and higher number of auctions as an alternative that drives zen sales. beancounters... *shrug*
  • Options
    urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    Made my day.

You are talking about something that can be done easier and more effectively by a few hundred lines of poorly written code. If you want pride and honor do something real, all these games are is a way to WASTE time.

well, if you know code that well and know for a fact that the it is that bad, then you should have no problem volunteering your services to rewrite it, so you can better play a game that you so dearly love to play.

wait.

i dont think any of my interpretations about you based on what you posted are even close to the truth
  • Options
    zylodeuszylodeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »

Did you even read your response, or are you just a downs kid? Wakey wakey, I know people are making high level enchants, but it's ONE ITEM that's allowing it. Go get some sleep.