test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.41

12346»

Comments

• tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You guys get irate and yell and scream when there are exploits. Then you get irate and yell and scream when they fix the bugs causing the exploits. The adjustments they are making to the quest rewards and crafting nodes where done to stop exploits. I am just as eager as anyone to see some changes to fundamental flaws in several areas like agro, auction house and class balance, but try to understand that they have to be certain the game is stable before they focus on those issues.
  • sm177ysm177y Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2013
    When (or if?) they ever add content or do anything other than fix broken stuff with these patches, it's going to take them a week to implement it based on the time it takes for these extremely minor fixes.
  • dracuarddracuard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh my lawdddd! I made it through about 6 pages of this hot mess.

TLDR -

OMG I QUIT! You broke my farming methods!
    OMG STOP CALLING IT A BETA IT'S A SOFT LAUNCH!
    OMG PEOPLE WHO PAY TO WIN IN A FREE GAME ARE SO TERRIBLE!
    OMG FREE GAME WITH BUGS WTF DO I PLAY THIS HOW DID YOU SUCKER ME IN!

I'm sure there are more.. it's just that's all I could literally take.

Honestly, free game is free. Features in the game are there to make it where you want to pay to get through the gate. That's called Microtransacting. It's not new. You're playing a free game for a reason.

Game will get better/worse - it's okay to be passionate - it's going to fluctuate. Temper your expectations and enjoy the ride or rage quit and go play something else. It will be alright either way.

Dracuard - Dragon Server - No Lag - <3
  • moridan369moridan369 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would have been nice if they fixed the issue with logging into Protectors Enclave. 9-(
  • zxetzxet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soft launch or not its more like aphla beta if you ask me I mean half the game is missing and the other half that's here isn't even working right.
  • elvynbladeelvynblade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Easy interim fix to the level issue on the AH: just put a LEVEL heading at the top of the item display window to the left. Then when people click on it, items can be sorted lowest to highest or if you hit it twice, highest to lowest. Do the same with bids...no one cares what the current bid is, but for a specific item the relevant info is the LOWEST price/bid at any given moment. The way the sorter works makes very little sense as it stands but these are straightforward remedies to this conundrum.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So as of 2 hours ago I can't even start my launcher anymore and I know the servers aren't down. Everything in the game is skipping and it seems my connection with their servers is just garbage. I don't know what they did 1 hour ago from this post but I am downloading their patch at 1kb/sec but I am running all other games fine and doing ping test + speed test and cmd Ping tests.
  • dbdgirldbdgirl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all i'm getting after patch is

fatal error , unable to initialize on-demand patching
  • konnerkonner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope that they're not fingering it to make it work, that would lead to a sticky situation.

oh god i just lost it.

And dbdgirl, go to the cryptic launcher, click options, check "Disable on-demand patching" enjoy the a huge patch, game is fully downloaded after.
    My in-game handle is @Ishamii and my STO/CO handle is @konner920 if you wanna add me on anything.

Shard: Beholder

Characters: Ishami (GWF level 60, geared for pvp) waiting for the Ranger class to be added

Neverwinter FTW
  • mangojammangojam Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    really nice
  • praematurapraematura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glowyrmz wrote: »

I'm of the opinion that everything will stabilize eventually and that the devs will patch most of the big stuff. Many people won't forgive these problems though, even if they get fixed quickly. People now have an issue with Cryptic's capability to keep a game running smoothly. They don't want to play a game where game breaking exploits can pop up during any patch (this isn't my personal opinion, I'm just relaying how others seem to be feeling).

Many people agree that there is a solid game in Neverwinter though. There are some great mechanics and the combat is the best part. It's enough to keep me around and I think the game will get much better, but like I said, some people can't play a game where severe issues crop up more than usual relative to other MMO's.

Exactly. Great game but as I've spent $140 for a broken game I'm done. I went back to my old MMOs and I'm dumping my money into them now, never again with PW or Cryptic. I read all the bad reviews on this company but invested real money because I believed in the broken game. That is no longer true, the zero customer service, the broken game mechanics of my GF (companion threat is stronger than my enhanced mark, etc), slipshod work arounds, etc.

Sad fact is its embarrassing to use the founders title or be associated with the game as the goodwill for it is gone. Servers have already depopulated by PAYING customers. If you can sit at a game for 10 hours farming to pay for a 1 cent purchase, well you don't pay and your concerns are not relevant. Once PAYING customers are completely gone, the game is gone. Sadly I think this game is has already lost too many of us to recover.....
  • shaleehshaleeh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can't log in anymore after this patch...at -38mb from patch to be complete, client goes on error 14 :/
This discussion has been closed.