test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Read if you are Stuck/Frozen at the Loading Screen

Comments

• enziet1enziet1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude! That sucks I didn't think that was three days ago! I thought maybe an hour or two tops. Screw this then. Gona login with safety netting move my char logout and crank up the settings. No more logging out in the main town there.
  • skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voidroamer wrote: »
    Rendering power is not the bottleneck here. This is an MMO. The client is limited by the rate at which it can receive data. Issues like latency, packet loss, your ISP connection speed, line contention and many other factors outside the control of the developers have very significant influence.

The problem here is that this was introduced with a patch, it worked fine before a certain patch.
    And it doesnt have anything to do with how fast the client can receive data.
    It doesnt have anything to do with packetloss, connection speed or latency either.
    I use a tier 1 ISP wich guarantees me less than 0.001% packetloss through their whole network and they have their own TAT-14 cable that they have installed all over the world. Every single one of the bigger MMO's are using this ISP or one of their peering partners, wich guarantees me a very fast and reliable connection. If what you say would hold any truth this bug wouldnt exist on my end?
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll add a detail that when it does get stuck at loading in PE, my graphics card suddenly makes a lot of noise. If I have the game set to "Safe Mode" (the check-box in the launcher options), then I load into PE immediately and smoothly, regardless of how many players were in the instance.
  • fuzzylogic7fuzzylogic7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The work around seemed to do the trick at first... but now I am again stuck on the loading screen.
    This is really wearing out my motivation to play. Hope this will get fixed soon.
  • thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Why hasn't this been fixed yet?
  • stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My friend is, even as I type this, having this problem for the very first time. It's never affected him previously. Once he went into Safe Mode, it screwed up his other settings, so now he has to re-do them. He's a trifle miffed. Shouldn't this be a priority?
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captgrizz wrote: »
    Thank you for all the hard work Dezstravus, you and the Cryptic team are doing an amazing job.

No.

• futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I take it a lot of people still haven't figured out that they can log out in the instanced areas of town like the PvP room, either tavern, the companion shop... for some people just getting away from the mailbox works (no problems here at the top of the stairs with the alter).
  • vardanoirvardanoir Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tried the safe mode thing and was able to get in but now my graphics are all fubar'd ...any idea on how to fix them so the game doesn't look crappy when I play? Also does loading once in safe mode make the game play this way all the time after? Looked in options after I quit to restart game once my toons were logged out in zones other than PE and I don't see the button checked but if this makes me have to play in safe mode with ****ty graphics I'd rather re-download the whole game and/or just wait til you fix this issue (which I hope you are working on diligently right now) to play again. I like this game ...really fun to play in a world I spent the better part of my 30+ yr tabletop D&D roleplaying in but if I can't play with good graphics or even load in where I last left my toons, it's not gonna be a game I'll play much longer
    edited May 2013
    You can choose the option to reset your graphics settings to defaults, which should restore your prior configuration.

Whatever you do, don't log out from Protector's Enclave -- go into a building or to another zone, and then log out.
  • drezsdrezs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For GOD PW fix that bug or close this game and open on release date 100% fixed.
    Dont worry about the Money you are losing while fixing it!!!
  • eqballzzeqballzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't get the advice to just "not log out from PE". Even if you log out in a building or another zone you still have to zone into PE because that is the main hub of the game. You get the same behavior logging in from offline to PE as you do zoning in from another zone. There is no practical way to avoid loading PE. This is why I can't understand why they aren't putting a higher priority on this. It was working pre-patch so they should be able to narrow down which change is the likely source.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xanyxany Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unchecking UAC virtualization in task manager solves the problem for me.
  • squibshotsquibshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    xany wrote: »
    Unchecking UAC virtualization in task manager solves the problem for me.

Care to elaborate? I can't seem to find any option resembling UAC in task manager. Where is this UAC virtualization?
    edited May 2013
    eqballzz wrote: »
    I don't get the advice to just "not log out from PE". Even if you log out in a building or another zone you still have to zone into PE because that is the main hub of the game. You get the same behavior logging in from offline to PE as you do zoning in from another zone. There is no practical way to avoid loading PE.
    I never get hung up from zoning into PE -unless- I was logging into the game entirely. If I log into, say, The Tower District, just outside the PE gate, I log in fine. Then I use the gate to PE and zone into PE fine. If I try to log into PE then I get hung up. For me, it's only logging into PE, not just any zoning into PE.
  • jaidentjaident Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is really, really getting on my nerves. If I run in safe mode it always loads PE the first time and lets me into the game, into PE, just fine, but after that it can freeze at any attempt to zone back into PE (within the same play session, not relogging). Just got the bug going from my completed Foundry mission back to PE while safe mode was enabled. Tried to get back into the game a minute later with two attempts -not- using safe mode, got the bug both times, could not get in game. It would not be a big deal if my graphics settings did not default back to low settings every time I turned on safe mode and ran the game. Fix this now please! It is very annoying!! :mad:
    Join responsible gamers and boycott the Xbox One
  • ghostmanbuggghostmanbugg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    once you get to the select character screen, lower your graphic all the way down, then once in game raise them back up, worked great for me, i sat at the dern screen for at least 10 mins before finding this thread and changingthe settings, worked perfect the first time. thanks guys!!! game is great !!
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    once you get to the select character screen, lower your graphic all the way down, then once in game raise them back up, worked great for me, i sat at the dern screen for at least 10 mins before finding this thread and changingthe settings, worked perfect the first time. thanks guys!!! game is great !!

Some people don't read the forums, and people should not definitely alter the game to run in safe mode, even to the extreme changing graphic setting to lowest setting, then switch back to the way they have is way too annoying just to play the game every time. This should get priority fix over anything else because a lot of people will leave the game if they cannot play. Instead, you guy released Cash Shop item. Wow, just wow.
  • randomone777randomone777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently experiencing this issue; turning off UAC worked once, but not since. Recently updated to the latest drivers (NVidia 320.xx)... wondering now if that is the issue (or part of it).

Will try resetting options and hope that works.
    Maniacal mage making magical messes; mercifully, made mostly of menaces.

Helpful links:

Morbic's channel list
    - Guide - Custom Channels and List
  • barathian333barathian333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voidroamer wrote: »
    Rendering power is not the bottleneck here. This is an MMO. The client is limited by the rate at which it can receive data. Issues like latency, packet loss, your ISP connection speed, line contention and many other factors outside the control of the developers have very significant influence.

LOL bro, this is 2013, all that stuff you just said was only a minor issue 20 years ago. and the 486 pentium pro is also out of date.
  • samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Player's Log, Stardate 11005.29

It has been 3 days now. We have been orbiting a small planet called Neverwinter. Our Prime Directive is to get inside and test the surface to see if it is inhabitable for future colonization by other players. So far we have been unable to penetrate it. It seems to have activated some sort of shield around it that prevents entry.

When the previous team was scouting the planet before us they seemed to have no issue landing, but all of a sudden, it seems to have sprung a shield preventing us from our Prime Directive. I have had Data run a series of scans and try to figure out a way to get inside to no avail. We are still waiting, going on day 4.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're still continuing to investigate the cause. Fortunately, there are a variety of methods to get you in game. Please check the first post on how to get past the "stuck at loading screen" issue. Thanks!

Still not working and UNFORTUNATELY the variety of methods you have posted does not always work. Also having to go into safe mode then readjust my graphics settings every single time I log on is beyond stupid.

Please fix this issue.
  • raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    futrix wrote: »
    I take it a lot of people still haven't figured out that they can log out in the instanced areas of town like the PvP room, either tavern, the companion shop... for some people just getting away from the mailbox works (no problems here at the top of the stairs with the alter).

Or I guess that after 4 days people are just expecting that the game will work properly and allow us to log in where we logged off like every other game out there.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about you fix this serious problem instead of adding new items for sale? Any chance of that?

Also, I have never had an experience where mashing buttons helps load the game.

It is an issue with graphic settings taking far too long to load. If I lower all my settings to zero, it loads fine.

Sometimes if I close the client window and restart it loads fine.

It also does seem to be a problem related to logging out near the one mailbox in the game. How idiotic is that? It is idiotic. How about you morons add some more mailboxes to your stupid game, and maybe people will be able to log in, instead of having thousands of people trying to log in to the same spot at the same time.
  • thykierathykiera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me its ONLY happening with toons that are L 60 and toons that are not L 60 with max settings can still login.
    For some reason it is different for me my L 24 CW cannot login.

I have tried ALL other methods here do not work except for logging in via SAFE MODE.

Ok everyone I have narrowed it down to a specific area where the cause of the problem is.

You DO NOT have to lower ALL SETTINGS down to its lowest or LOGIN via SAFE MODE, it will save you the trouble of having to change *ALL* settings back to MAX again.

Within the CHARACTER Select screen got to OPTIONS (not the OPTIONS in Launcher) -> Video TAB -> Detail -> and lower your
    Character Texture Quality down to its lowest
    Terrain detail distance down to its lowest
    and thats it you can LOGIN to your MAIN or your ALTS.

At least this way it will save you some time.

OR alternatively if you don't want to change settings at all you can simply zone into a building within PROTECTORS Enclave to logout OR before you go PvP. This way you can have it on MAX settings and still be able to LOGIN.
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Same, only happens on my level 60 character in protectors enclave. The two level 13 characters in protectors enclave login fine
  • moriaelini9moriaelini9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So happy that this is now fixed AND that there is a new tomb spider companion in the cash shop! Oh wait...
  • rictor77rictor77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the above posts that it is VERY annoying to have to start in safe mode every time I want to switch toons (provided this does work, as it often doesn't). This creates and un-needed and drawn out process for what should be simple and quick. A fix is needed, not a band-aid.

Thanks!
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
    "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously.":)
  • losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is extremely frustrating and makes me want to go play some other mmo.....

I like NWO, but hope this is fixed soon.

Pressing a key usually does not work but it does sometimes.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. this is stupid
    2. I am NOT running my computer on safe mode to play a game. That is not a reasonable suggestion.
    3. I am NOT walking back my DirectX version to an archaic version and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up other things on my machine that require the most current DX version. That is another unreasonable suggestion.

It's really simple... this game is unfriendly and is running people off. If I cannot log in like a NORMAL game. I'm going somewhere that wants my money.