test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Read if you are Stuck/Frozen at the Loading Screen

Comments

• urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    here's what ive found that works for every1 ive told this to

go to ur options from char select, go to video tab, and them look for the option labled "Display Mode"
    if it says windowed-fullscreen, switch to fullscreen
    if it says fullscreen, switch to windowed-fullscreen
    hit accept.
    then load in.

that 1 switch will fix the loading screen bug. no need to change any other options. every1 that ive told them to do it has no more probs with it. thats 100% sucess rate.

now, time to get in-game.
    enjoy!
    not sure what will happen if u switch it back.
  • foreadforead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well.. for me that solution doesn't work.
  • alfinnetealfinnete Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The development team slept? We are waiting for the correction!
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for me it isn't protectors enclave... but specifically the mailbox area.

and I wasn't stuck, but the load took something like 7 minutes so it appeared stuck.
  • thisisridicilousthisisridicilous Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This bug is still in there, just thought you should know since nothing has been done about it. And it's ****ing annoying.
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dr3yfuss wrote: »
    here maybe i can get my answer, i got banned 1 week ago on neverwinter, i sent 5 tickets no one i get answer too, i was banned just for send one website to my friend, while i was writing the website in the moment i press "Enter" i got the ban, i didnt receive any e-mail and i dont have any answer of any admin or support about my ban, i'll be pleased if u guys can resolve that! im not playing since my ban, hoping for one answer!

Well maybe you should learn to play the game legitimately? and not to buy and promote Gold Seller by sending the website to your friend to buy Gold and Diamond?
  • m0shulm0shul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game knows is garbage it even don't start know LFMO.
  • xashkaxashka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes... i have some problem and use space bar to resolve it. The message from server is no responding and take a lot of sec to pass the next screen. I have problem with pvp also, i join to pvp domination, the interface appear and i accept but i am kicked from group because take a long time arrive to the pvp map. Sometimes i join to pvp domination, the interface appear but the other members are in gray color and i am not transported at pvp map but they are in there.
    best regards.
    (sry about my english i am latinoamerican i speak spanish xd)
    see you in game
  • raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's now 3 days since this was posted and this still isn't fixed, why not??

I can't even load in to the game without it stalling and taking forever to load in, if at all it even loads me in. And no, Pressing any key does not always work.

Please fix this already.
  • tinchoxiitinchoxii Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I accidentally hit the ALT key and I could load into the game after waiting 5 minutes on the loading screen.

I guess randomly hitting keys somewhat worked for me.
  • weirdmooseweirdmoose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you serious crpytic? People can't even login into your game and you're balancing some quest loot rewards ? WTF really, it's just getting worse and worse every day....

Communication with players, whole PR department should be sacked straight away...
  • tinchoxiitinchoxii Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bah I'm stuck again at Protector's Enclave loading screen after ONE pvp -.-
  • krixx73krixx73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is borderline INSANE on patching this game. W T F?? still messing around with bull**** workarounds to LOG INTO THE GAME??? Fix it already. Take the game down for a week, get it right. START A TEST SEVER... (so close to showing you the middle finger, but you got to much of my cash)
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had problems with Protector's Enclave, but am able to load if I start in window mode and switch to full screen after loading. Only zone I have problems with.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • fe5nicsfirefe5nicsfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have this problem right now today 28 may 2013. probably it is started after patching game.
  • altumusaltumus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem only starting today - EVERY time i login to a char in protectors enclave. Lowering settings till i zone helps but seriously this bug sucks - been playign for a couple weeks without it
  • fenadarfenadar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree with the posters above. I would think that being unable to even log into the game should take precedence over adjusting loot on a quest. The load in bug has gotten progressively worse for me over the past week. I would have to make 4 or 5 attempts to log in before actually getting into the game. Today I have made 15 attempts, freezing up at 100 percent loaded every time.
  • omfgvexeromfgvexer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please fix this already its getting VERY old
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's getting to the point where I simply cannot leave any characters in PE when I log out, or it'll take forever to get back in.
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL; I waited until it let me in, and after that very looong wait, it logged me out instantly since I'd been 'idle' for over fifteen minutes. o.O
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yey! Finally I know how to get rid of that problem. Hopefully they can get rid of the bug I have right now. Ability scores aren't working properly. Someone posted these bug on forum long ago and didn't get much attention...
    SIGNATURE
  • skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    Yey! Finally I know how to get rid of that problem. Hopefully they can get rid of the bug I have right now. Ability scores aren't working properly. Someone posted these bug on forum long ago and didn't get much attention...

This need to be fixed asap, it's been far too long already, the game cannot be enjoyed in any higher graphics settings without going bonanza when you load protectors map when there are many players there.
  • voidroamervoidroamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe I have determined the issue behind this problem.

I think the problem comes as a result of players setting their graphics details too high. Particularly with respect to character distance and texture detail.

When logging in to Protector's Enclave, particularly in an area with a high player count such as the auction house, the server must immediately send data for all characters such as their physical appearance, clothing, enchantments, etc in addition to dynamic world content. This must cause something along the way to choke.

I have found that reducing the character related detail settings closer to standard resolved the issue immediately without having to resort to safe mode.

Can others please try this? Thanks. Hope it helps.
  • swaptrick321swaptrick321 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone found a fix or workaround for the "Too many attempts, please try again later" issue with the launcher? I've changed my password 3 times and it always gets me. Tried changing my IP address to no avail as well. Support staff has not responded in 3 days time. Help!
    Graphic designer, available for commissions. http://swaptrick.deviantart.com/
  • wrathierwrathier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Listen up man I can run this game max FPS in Protectors Enclave everything maxed 300 percent or 100000 percent it doesn't matter. - I want to play the game maxed that is what I builded a GAMER PC for.

Please fix this issue ASAP.
  • voidroamervoidroamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrathier wrote: »
    Listen up man I can run this game max FPS in Protectors Enclave everything maxed 300 percent or 100000 percent it doesn't matter. - I want to play the game maxed that is what I builded a GAMER PC for.

Please fix this issue ASAP.

Rendering power is not the bottleneck here. This is an MMO. The client is limited by the rate at which it can receive data. Issues like latency, packet loss, your ISP connection speed, line contention and many other factors outside the control of the developers have very significant influence.
  • enziet1enziet1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just not playing it until the problem is fixed. Hopefully by tonight. I'm stuck at home with a broken foot and books can only get you so far without sleeping 20 hours. Although the cat loves it :P
  • mccarronxldmccarronxld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tested the lower graphics to see if it would help and it did not.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."
  • sutekhonesutekhone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is not the graphics setting, as I have 5 characters and it only seems to affect my level 60 characters. I can log my lower characters in fine without any delay, but one of my upper characters (I swear it changes each day) can never load unless I ctrl-alt-del minimize then bring back, which usually (until todays patch) let me in. Now I can't seem to log in my cleric no matter what I do - though my other characters log in fine. The graphics setting is the same for all characters...
  • samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What cryptic has is very much like Wizard/Pirate 101 if anyone has played them, it loads very basic data and then sends you the details slowly as you go. They have very low polygon placeholder models for npcs and pcs. While I am not saying that it can't help, lower settings on high-end pcs shouldn't be the issue and because of the placeholder models, the data they send from other players shouldn't either from what I gathered. Maybe I am wrong, but I am sure about the placeholder models unless for some extremely strange reason they use them in the foundry to make it load faster, but don't use it in the actual game. That would be odd.

In regards to the latest patch, the chest rewards balancing wasn't them choosing better or worse chest rewards. It was to fix chests that were at the start of a zone/instance and were being farmed every 15-30 seconds for enchants. It was ****ing up the economy and had to be fixed, it was actually important, admittedly so is this, we can't log into the game at all on some characters, I am just saying they weren't jerking off.

That being said, they have had 3 days to fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It's just getting to an unacceptable level of service and it feels like they do not care. They released the game too early and are in over their heads.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA