test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Read if you are Stuck/Frozen at the Loading Screen

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We have identified an issue where some players are not able to advance past the loading screen after selecting a character and loading a map.

We are investigating this issue now and hope to have a resolution soon.

In the short term, we have found that many players have been able to work around this issue by loading Neverwinter in Safe Mode. You can load into Safe Mode by opening the Neverwinter Launcher, then clicking on Options.

Additionally, some players have reported that hitting a key after the yellow bar finishes (even though the Press Any Key prompt has not yet appeared) has helped as well.

Thanks for your patience while we work on this issue!

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    captgrizzcaptgrizz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for all the hard work Dezstravus, you and the Cryptic team are doing an amazing job.

Once I was Grizzlan, but I got promoted :tongue:
  • Options
    iamkimburyiamkimbury Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this! German speaking people could take a look here as well: http://nw-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=31281
  • Options
    focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Safe mode works fine indd
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • Options
    vykozpkvykozpk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you get in game, dont log out in protectors enclave, it seems to load just fine in any other zone, for instance at the pvp vendor area etc.

There seems to be no problem in zoning into protectors enclave from another zone, seems to be only when you load it from character select screen, that the bug appear.
  • Options
    codaofsoulscodaofsouls Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Safe Mode does not 'Fix' the problem.

I did the safe mode thing and got into the game. Logged out and turned safe mode off. Logged back in and it seemed to work so I reset my graphics settings then played a PvP match after which I was greeted by the same never ending loading screen that I started with.

So it seems to be the graphics settings that are causing it but now I have to got through the whole thing all over again ever time I want to go to protectors enclave it seems or run the game in 1920's graphics settings...
  • Options
    jubanikjubanik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like codaofsouls said, looks like it's the graphics settings. My usual high settings on safe mode and I'm stuck at loading enclave screen. Lowest settings on normal launcher and I can get in.
  • Options
    iamkimburyiamkimbury Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you are using the DX11 settings, you should try to change it to DX9!
  • Options
    ph4ng4nph4ng4n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was stuck 100% loading, pressing a key fixed it for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    captgrizz wrote: »
    Thank you for all the hard work Dezstravus, you and the Cryptic team are doing an amazing job.

Yea, thanks for working super-hard to fix this new bug you just created. You're just awesome.
  • Options
    iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    it gets worse and worse
  • Options
    daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seeing as turning safe mode off again doesn't restore your graphics settings to what you had beforehand this is a terrible and annoying solution. Once you fixed your client so we can play outside of 2d graphics do give us heads up :(
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • Options
    thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Seriously...what's the deal?
  • Options
    rubixxfreezerubixxfreeze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, thanks for working super-hard to fix this new bug you just created. You're just awesome.

you are just an *******. bloody hell. they are at least posting and trying to fix the problem straight away
  • Options
    remilieveremilieve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I managed to login by using the safe mode. You guys should go try it.
    Would you sacrifice your past for the future?

Rose - Control Wizard
    Dragon
  • Options
    thisisridicilousthisisridicilous Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, you can login with safe mode, but you can't really play it in safe mode, so doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    wehuwehu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hew that same problem, loading stop in 100% plz fixed it

dragon serv...
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it gets worse and worse

this - every patch has made the game worse...more laggy, more freezes and crashes and the gpu turns in the red...u should really test your patches and your engine

basically your new idiotic patch broke the game for me - patched, wanted to play this weekend - cant get passed the login screen, i tried a dozen times now - games broken...im waiting 48 hours, after that im gonna charge back my cc - no game, no money
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed the same conditions as you vykozpk. What a shame all my toons are currently in PE! :D
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    remilieveremilieve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Sure, you can login with safe mode, but you can't really play it in safe mode, so doesn't really matter.

what do you mean that i cant play in safe mode? i went in and did a Epic Dungeon.
    Would you sacrifice your past for the future?

Rose - Control Wizard
    Dragon
  • Options
    thisisridicilousthisisridicilous Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    remilieve wrote: »
    what do you mean that i cant play in safe mode? i went in and did a Epic Dungeon.

For me the safe mode locks the game in ridicilously low graphics settings. I can't play it with these settings and I can't change the settings.
  • Options
    edrick1976edrick1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it was not for the fact that I have invested way to much money into this game I would have all redy left it. You people need to TEST patches before they are put on the live servers.
  • Options
    krixx73krixx73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is starting to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off more and more. Its a chore just to find out how to get the game to even work from one patch to the next. Not recommending this game to anyone in the state it is. :mad:
  • Options
    moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Great to find a topic on the problem. It just happened to me and I came here to check things out.
  • Options
    baldahiirbaldahiir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got it to work running in "admin mode".

-> Right clock on the start-up file or link, and select "run as administrator".
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is a better option than the "Safe Mode" fix.

Load the game and log in.
    In the bottom left hit the Options
    Select Video
    Check the "Show Advanced Video Settings"
    Scroll down to "Max Shader Quality" and set this to Low
    Hit Apply

Now try launching the game. This worked for me and solves the issue of Safe Mode resetting all the graphics options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    teedrappateedrappa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem started for me when I updated my nvidia drivers - was fine this morning on whatever the old version was, now on 320.18 (xp) and it freezes at 100%. Works fine in safe mode.
  • Options
    marceosmarceos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    ...Additionally, some players have reported that hitting a key after the yellow bar finishes (even though the Press Any Key prompt has not yet appeared) has helped as well. ...

I was stuck at the loading screen too and after a minute of waiting i was hitting the "Enter" Key (one time) and it works.
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This appears to be a better option than the Safe Mode "fix".

Select Video
    Hit Apply

Now try launching the game. This worked for me and solves the issue of Safe Mode resetting all the graphics options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sinailtsinailt Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You, sir/madam, are my hero.
  • Options
    morbisbackmorbisback Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is a better option than the "Safe Mode" fix.

Select Video
    Hit Apply

^^ This +1