test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    What game has done a wipe on an open beta in the past few years? I've played well over 35 different mmo's and can't recall any that wiped on an open beta. That being said, I can't recall having played an mmo who claimed to have an open beta longer than a week.

Off the top of my head...Wizardry online?..not such a good game...p2w, perma death was fun in the betas tho...wouldnt touch the live game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Off the top of my head...Wizardry online?..not such a good game...p2w, perma death was fun in the betas tho...wouldnt touch the live game.

Haven't played that one to be honest. Willing to give most games a shot that wasn't one of them. :P
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't played that one to be honest. Willing to give most games a shot that wasn't one of them. :P

I am in **** near every open beta...most closed.

That said, my level of scorn here is worth noting...I have put up with a lot from gaming company's ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    See? There you go, good job! Now then, what happens when you have mass inflation. And translate that to the in game practice.

And now you understand how it affects EVERYONE.

Except me. I only use AD for vendor purchases, and unless someone finds a way to hack the game and raise vendor prices....I'm largely unaffected by these exploits. Pretty sure I'm not the only sane person playing the game, either. Nor the only intelligent person, so there's bound to be more like me that simply aren't going to spend money on a game that's supposedly in testing.

Oh, and for the record, since all this has become some kind of issue, I've been watching the exchange and the market on my server. Nothing changes. The exchange rate fluctuates on a minor basis, and prices in the AH as well. Things are pretty average since the rollback. I see no financial or economical woes befalling anyone but those who exploit, so perhaps your last sentence should read, "And now you understand how it affects CHEATERS."

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ftwerotic wrote: »
    if 2/3 of players wants a full wipe while half of the other 1/3 are the exploiters then you must hear the community

I just love how people assume that because someone is against the wipe, they must be exploiters.

I ask you...how am I able to exploit anything when my HIGHEST LEVEL CHARACTER IS ONLY 40?
    How am I able to exploit anything WHEN I DETEST PVP AND WON'T SET FOOT IN AN ARENA EVEN FOR TEN TIMES THE AMOUNT OF AD THEY OFFER?
    How am I able to exploit anything when I simply don't care about gear, but I care more about having fun while playing, and the bugs I tend to report are more quality of life things?

• Options
    mego9500mego9500 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snipped

I honestly don't even know what I'm trying to White Knight here? Cryptic? Exploiters? All I'm saying is that half these people aren't even looking at the full blunt of what could happen. They want a wipe because they think its fair (albeit, half of them not being even involved in the whole losing out on items business) but still. What they don't realize is that just maybe, some people don't want to lose their items, like myself. They also don't realize that people could actually LEAVE from a wipe.

Instead of playing Hotshot with reaction pictures, I'd give a good argument next time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    poac1 wrote: »
    You're either the most successful troll or most ignorant person I've ever met. The chances of any 1 patch containing as many game crippling exploits as have been found and used since open beta launch would have to be some mathematical almost impossibility.

You obviously haven't been playing Cryptic made games a lot.

• Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What game has done a wipe on an open beta in the past few years? I've played well over 35 different mmo's and can't recall any that wiped on an open beta. That being said, I can't recall having played an mmo who claimed to have an open beta longer than a week.

If players are prepared to put up with open ended betas - then that's exactly what they'll get. Some development companies will happily hide behind the description for as long as they can.

As for ToS - don't compare one for an officially launched product against another in a beta stage - that has a specific beta paragraph describing the unfinished conditions and possible full resets.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    draogndraogn Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Star Wars the Old republic
    Guild Wars 2
    Rift
    Defiance
    Tera
    CO
    STO
    Aion
    DDO
    The Secret World
    Age of Conan
    DC universe
    and many other 'major' mmos all had wipes after open beta and had open betas that lasted more then a week, just saying.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    Guild Wars 2
    Rift
    Defiance
    Tera
    CO
    STO
    Aion
    DDO
    The Secret World
    Age of Conan
    DC universe
    and many other 'major' mmos all had wipes after open beta and had open betas that lasted more then a week, just saying.
    Those games all announced their intention to wipe on a schedule. Not a single one of them said, "no wipe" and then performed a wipe.
  • Options
    praematurapraematura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have spent easily $150 last week, so your $2 or 200 zen investment isn't going to give you a voice, now if they wipe again, people like me with cash to spend $150 every few weeks, done with the game and they know it. Heck the last wipe for a few hours has kept me away from the game ever since. So full wipe? I'm an attorney and ill be getting the money back for wasting my time. That being said, if they could avoid alienating further people like me, with more money than time and do a wipe (restoration of zen only) so I don't have to repeat content then I'm ok with that.
  • Options
    mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    praematura wrote: »
    I have spent easily $150 last week, so your $2 or 200 zen investment isn't going to give you a voice, now if they wipe again, people like me with cash to spend $150 every few weeks, done with the game and they know it. Heck the last wipe for a few hours has kept me away from the game ever since. So full wipe? I'm an attorney and ill be getting the money back for wasting my time. That being said, if they could avoid alienating further people like me, with more money than time and do a wipe (restoration of zen only) so I don't have to repeat content then I'm ok with that.

YDHAV;DR
    I spent $150000 last week, so you don't have a voice.

I could have saved hundreds of starving children in Africa, but I did what was right.

Think about it.

Wipe this ****, or children in Africa stop dying.

It will be my doing.
  • Options
    relsharrelshar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is in open beta so there will be a full wipe says so in their FAQ.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    relshar wrote: »
    The game is in open beta so there will be a full wipe says so in their FAQ.

Source? Because everything that I've seen is contradictory to this fabrication.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    jormunrekjormunrek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point they really should seriously consider a wipe.
    There are way too many items/currency still ingame as a result of exploits.
    Give everyone their purchased zen (cash purchased, not AD purchased) and give Founders a single level 15 token (so they can immediately access foundry).

Additionally they should communicate this intention to wipe on the "real launch" (for lack of a better term) asap so all the gnashing of teeth can get over with prior to the actual wipe. It was a poor concept to run an open beta without a wipe at it's conclusion. I mean we are suppose to be identifying bugs/exploits so they do not in fact effect the game on launch. With the current situation this is not the case. We are playing in a launch status with artifacts of current/past bugs/exploits alive and well in the game.

Jorm
  • Options
    mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013

Next time read the TOS before blindly accepting them.
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmogfails wrote: »
    Next time read the TOS before blindly accepting them.

Then I want the money that I spent on the Adventures Pack back.

I didn't pay money and getting overcharged by six dollars to have the items deleted.

Seeking American lawyer for a million dollar sueing... lol is that a word?

Basically sue the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of PWE.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    stormhammystormhammy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    Then I want the money that I spent on the Adventures Pack back.

I didn't pay money and getting overcharged by six dollars to have the items deleted.

Seeking American lawyer for a million dollar sueing... lol is that a word?

Basically sue the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of PWE.

Go for it.
    I'll be laughing when your legal expenses overshadow what little compensation you may receive & judging from your overall intelligence, it's very likely that you'll be screwed by whatever lawyer you manage to hire.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope.
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sad to say that I do not think anything will be done. I am walking away, but I promise i am not taking a loss..Not one cent, PWE needs to be blacklisted for this. As a community we have the power to do that. Founders, revolt.

Blacklisted lol for following t hrough on what they promised. Get off your high horse already. "No more wipes" was what was announced prior to OB even starting. There would be a larger revolt if they went back on that.

Feel free to leave though. Unfortunately I don't think that will stop you from spreading your negativity with every post you make. If you bought any zen good luck getting that refunded.
  • Options
    scorpion2112scorpion2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    When I produce <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, before I flush the toilet, I wipe. Please WIPE this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Why a wipe won't work.
    Any game not in maintance mode gets updates
    updates can contain bugs
    bugs can be exploited
    sometime in the future you'd be asking for a wipe again.

Wipe at the end of Beta and start the "release" clean. Give HoTN/Guardians a two day head start. Done.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    lukecage#5283 lukecage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How are you going to vote when you don't see the yes or no near the circles to vote? I support what's right.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Guild Wars 2
    Rift
    Defiance
    Tera
    CO
    STO
    Aion
    DDO
    The Secret World
    Age of Conan
    DC universe

DC Universe did not wipe after open beta. There open beta lasted four days. I'm starting to think you don't know what an open beta is. Star Wars the Old Republic did not wipe after open beta. Prior to their open beta they started allowing in large numbers of people to beta test for a weekend. Some people got selected to beta test more than once. This was a beta test weekend and not open beta. Open beta lasted a week. There was no wipe. Aion's open beta lasted four days. There was no wipe. There open beta required a sign up and a key but everyone got one. Guild Wars 2 allowed an open beta for anyone that pre-purchased a game. Some companies call this a headstart they called it open beta it lasted three days (no wipe.) Age of Conan did not wipe on their open beta either. They only allowed you to get to level 20 during the open beta but you could continue to play the same character on release.

Haven't played some of the others but given how much misinformation is in this post alone? I doubt it.
  • Options
    ozcolloozcollo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DC Universe did not wipe after open beta. There open beta lasted four days. I'm starting to think you don't know what an open beta is. Star Wars the Old Republic did not wipe after open beta. Prior to their open beta they started allowing in large numbers of people to beta test for a weekend. Some people got selected to beta test more than once. This was a beta test weekend and not open beta. Open beta lasted a week. There was no wipe. Aion's open beta lasted four days. There was no wipe. There open beta required a sign up and a key but everyone got one. Guild Wars 2 allowed an open beta for anyone that pre-purchased a game. Some companies call this a headstart they called it open beta it lasted three days (no wipe.) Age of Conan did not wipe on their open beta either. They only allowed you to get to level 20 during the open beta but you could continue to play the same character on release.

Haven't played some of the others but given how much misinformation is in this post alone? I doubt it.

To add one more legit example to the list: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR. After phase 3 ends and open beta begins with what they call phase 4 (there are 4 in total and there's been a wipe after each phase so far) and if the same issues appear that have in Neverwinter, there will absolutely be a wipe. Even if those customers pre ordered.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Guild Wars 2
    Rift
    Defiance
    Tera
    CO
    STO
    Aion
    DDO
    The Secret World
    Age of Conan
    DC universe

There's one name missing from that list.

Oh, yeah. NEVERWINTER. Because it's not going to wipe.

• Options
    ftweroticftwerotic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

i will set examples of open beta wipes for the most recent major games:marvel heroes,wizardry,ragnarock 2(i can pm you tons more i just send you the most recent not few years but this year so you can google and prove me right)also most open betas are up for around 15 days now.idk what ob have you played but it isnt recent game.if the community wants a wipe.your arguments are all invalid.let players have the power to control the game they play and not help the cheaters destroy a beautifull game even if it costs time cause in one way or another a lot of these 1,6k players will ragequit an unfair game
  • Options
    venger0405venger0405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope that their master plan is to see all the bug/exploits/hacks come out, fix them and do a wipe.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    venger0405 wrote: »
    I hope that their master plan is to see all the bug/exploits/hacks come out, fix them and do a wipe.

I hope not (for the wipe part) because then all my efforts to get 500 Zen through pure gameplay would be wasted.
    Also: what makes you all think that cheaters, exploiters, etc. care for wipe? They would find another exploit/cheat and start again and then what? Another wipe?
    What makes you think that new updates (after "release") wouldn't contain bugs that would allow people to exploit stuff again?
    Seriously, what will wipe do?
    PS see clcmercy sig it's good solution for all of you who want wipe
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The forum community doesn't represent the whole game community, so just listening to the forums won't do, about this whole wipe nonsense.
    As well as others mentioned in this thread all ready, cheaters/exploiters will stay around and find other ways to do what they do, just have to think of it as this, with every single update they do there are possible exploits/bugs within it that can be taken advantage of. So what are we meant to now have a wipe after every single update? O - o
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    relsharrelshar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Will there be a character wipe before Headstart begins?

Yes.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ I suggest you read it. Open Beta is not a head start.
This discussion has been closed.