What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    darkslaya27darkslaya27 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh and im also slotted with lunge, griffon's wrath,and frontline surge for encounters; cleave and threatening rush for at will; combat superiority and ferocious reaction for passive; villain's menace and terrifying impact for daily. at level 40, is there anything i really need to change? like i had said, maybe crushing surge for cleave?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hey, just around level 40. i had read comments saying that crushing surge is WAY better than cleave, which is more tanky. that true? it has a higher base damage AND heals you on 3rd hit. also how about anvil of doom? i heard that if you know how to use it right, then it is really good. plz reply.

Crushing surge is awful. It's single target with a slightly slower animation and slightly higher damage. The heal does **** all and it's not worth 3 points or any. Anvil of Doom isn't something you should keep on your hotbar. If you want to use it on boss fights you can simply swap it out around 30% health.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oh and im also slotted with lunge, griffon's wrath,and frontline surge for encounters; cleave and threatening rush for at will; combat superiority and ferocious reaction for passive; villain's menace and terrifying impact for daily. at level 40, is there anything i really need to change? like i had said, maybe crushing surge for cleave?

Maybe use Fighter's Recovery instead of Terrifying Impact. I don't really care for that awful animation time.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    sinthraxlolsinthraxlol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, Jeremy.

Congratulations for this nice perspective of Tankers.
    I would like to say that its an awesome Power and Feats build, i read everything, tried to modify something here and there, but your build is pretty solid, could not have done better. Moreover, there isnt that much feats (wich I keep calling em as talents, because of WoW) that could improve damage without losing some improvements, if not those you have chosen.

I really hope they add new Paths and Arenas/ Battlegrounds soon.

Is it possible to tank dungeons with this build? I feel some aggro issues on this game, maybe its just the mechanics. Nowdays, a Tank isnt needed for Dungeons, when Rogues can handle the damage easily. Maybe the change it soon, its so fckn wrong.

Keep the good work.

Apologise for my really bad grammar, I hope it is readable.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey, Jeremy.

Congratulations for this nice perspective of Tankers.
    I would like to say that its an awesome Power and Feats build, i read everything, tried to modify something here and there, but your build is pretty solid, could not have done better. Moreover, there isnt that much feats (wich I keep calling em as talents, because of WoW) that could improve damage without losing some improvements, if not those you have chosen.

I really hope they add new Paths and Arenas/ Battlegrounds soon.

Is it possible to tank dungeons with this build? I feel some aggro issues on this game, maybe its just the mechanics. Nowdays, a Tank isnt needed for Dungeons, when Rogues can handle the damage easily. Maybe the change it soon, its so fckn wrong.

Keep the good work.

Apologise for my really bad grammar, I hope it is readable.

A new battleground is coming the next few weeks. Paths are in the pipeline but could be a while before we see new ones. You can tank any dungeon with this build although I use the term tank loosely. You can keep aggro with this build, but trash died too fast for that to matter and you can just walk out of boss AoEs.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    playing PvE as a level 40, i know that lunging strike and frontline surge are amazing. i dont really feel the greatness of griffon's wrath in PvE. is enforced threat better than griffon's wrath in PvE? how about knight's challenge? threatening rush and cleave are really good i believe. terrifying impact is my main daily, but i want villain's wrath to be replaced with indomitable strength, but im not a high enough level yet
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    playing PvE as a level 40, i know that lunging strike and frontline surge are amazing. i dont really feel the greatness of griffon's wrath in PvE. is enforced threat better than griffon's wrath in PvE? how about knight's challenge? threatening rush and cleave are really good i believe. terrifying impact is my main daily, but i want villain's wrath to be replaced with indomitable strength, but im not a high enough level yet

PvE trash: Lunging/Enforced/Frontline
    PvE boss: Lunging/Kneebreaker/Knight's Challenge - swap kneebreaker for Anvil of Doom ~30%

I personally don't like Terrifying Impact. It has a long cast time and it's outshined by Villian's Menace and Fighter's Recovery. IMO, those two should always be your PvE dailies.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    When will you state what bug you're abusing.

I'd rather not have an immature argument on Envy's guide, if you have something to pick with me feel free to pm me on the forum so I can ignore you there.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    tarlockentarlocken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    I'd rather not have an immature argument on Envy's guide, if you have something to pick with me feel free to pm me on the forum so I can ignore you there.
    To be fair, with this being a guardian fighter guide, it would be a service to everyone who reads it if you could share how to obtain such stats. Perhaps include what buffs you have in the picture next time? We're all quite interested.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ****E! i accidently messed up some feats because i was following your un-updated guide on a different website, is it going to affect me if i accidently put an extra point into a heroic feat that was supposed to be 2/3, and not one that was supposed to be 1/3? i also accidently wasted 5 whole points in the very 1ST paragon feat at the very TOP which was supposed to be 0/5... :mad:
  • Options
    sinthraxlolsinthraxlol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wich stats I should priorize?

Power + what?
    I'm leveling yet, and feeling stuck by this decision. Every stat seems to be interesting in some point.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »

Sanctums got some sort of fixation with trying to be the best and if he sees someone pushing better stats than him he's going to cry abuse. Just ignore the kids and they go away.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    ****E! i accidently messed up some feats because i was following your un-updated guide on a different website, is it going to affect me if i accidently put an extra point into a heroic feat that was supposed to be 2/3, and not one that was supposed to be 1/3? i also accidently wasted 5 whole points in the very 1ST paragon feat at the very TOP which was supposed to be 0/5... :mad:

Sorry about that. I haven't given permission nor been contacted for my guide being used on any website so I can't be responsible for any outdated information. That older build, while not the most optimized is plenty sufficient to clear all the content currently released with spectacular results.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Wich stats I should priorize?

Power + what?
    I'm leveling yet, and feeling stuck by this decision. Every stat seems to be interesting in some point.

Don't prioritize power. It's on **** near any piece of gear though, so it's not like you'll be lacking. The only reason I recommended Reckless Attacker is because it's double power for only 1 paragon point. If it were something like a 5 point feat, I probably wouldn't touch it.

The stats you should focus on depends on the set. IMO, the three big ones are crit, arpen, recovery.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sanctums got some sort of fixation with trying to be the best and if he sees someone pushing better stats than him he's going to cry abuse. Just ignore the kids and they go away.

Haha, no, I know maiku is doing it legit, I wanna know how he got to 18k power. It's some broken set bonus (from the million that exist) that someone in parties is abusing. On the topic of you, you're an idiot giving false advice.
  • Options
    propingproping Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your comments on the Ancient Grand Knight's Set? Great guide.
  • Options
    humunguzhumunguz Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    s anyone using the ioun stone of allure and can post the stats which he get from it
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holy, i think i've ran caverns and spellplague 20+ times now without getting my timeless parts XD

anyway, hey envy

im still using that previous crit set of yours, hitting 2.5-3k per cleave hit when i have temp hp (have greater PF), it's actually quite good given the relative cheapness of that set :D

anyway when using the timeless hero set, do you still use pow/crit/recov accessories or arpen/crit/recov?

anyway guy on top of me.

i'm using stone, just bec of the icon slot, which will always be better than the belt of cats. Planning of slotting armor pen on it but im not sure yet

I also still have my cat, its full of my recov and crit things

only dif is that i think cats give 225 225 on crit and recov, stone gives 150 150 150 but he can use icons
  • Options
    gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    humunguz wrote: »
    s anyone using the ioun stone of allure and can post the stats which he get from it

Ion stone is something like 155 power + crit + recovery where the cat is 225 Recovery + Crit (thats without enchantments or gear)

Envy - What are the major differences between this and the hybrid tank guide? Feat choices?
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »

anyway when using the timeless hero set, do you still use pow/crit/recov accessories or arpen/crit/recov?

If I am not mistaken those accessories have a Defense slot, not an Offense slot. You are better off with the power/critical/recovery ones slotted with Armor Penetration enchants I think.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    holy, i think i've ran caverns and spellplague 20+ times now without getting my timeless parts XD

anyway, hey envy

im still using that previous crit set of yours, hitting 2.5-3k per cleave hit when i have temp hp (have greater PF), it's actually quite good given the relative cheapness of that set :D

anyway guy on top of me.

i'm using stone, just bec of the icon slot, which will always be better than the belt of cats. Planning of slotting armor pen on it but im not sure yet

I also still have my cat, its full of my recov and crit things

only dif is that i think cats give 225 225 on crit and recov, stone gives 150 150 150 but he can use icons

You won't notice an astronomical leap in power when you change from the mixmatched set to Timeless. Timeless' sole improvement is that it frees up your offense slots for whatever stat of your choosing.
    I'm using arpen/crit jewelry.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    gravityx19 wrote: »
    Ion stone is something like 155 power + crit + recovery where the cat is 225 Recovery + Crit (thats without enchantments or gear)

Envy - What are the major differences between this and the hybrid tank guide? Feat choices?

I haven't checked Rokuthy's latest feat preference but I'm pretty sure our builds are very similar with only differing preferences in gear choice. While he encourages Stalwart, I encourage Timeless. It's up to you.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Good to know, will have to collect Timeless to get some PvP lulz in
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • Options
    goodfellasxgoodfellasx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey envy I'm rolling a Human guardian even though I have a dwarf guardian. I just can stand the look of my dwarf guardian LOL. Any advice where to put the 3 extra feats?
  • Options
    maligkn0maligkn0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi, im going to hijack your topic a bit envy if you dont mind, i got lvl 20 platesmith and im crafting both pants and shirts for you for the price of 1 dragon egg + materials needed for both, i only have 1 16% quality bellows and a 24% quality bellows at the moment but if you have the mithral 1 i could borrow it and could handle more than 1 request a day. take in consideration the shirt its 500k and the pants are 600k on the AH

thanks

pm at:

maligkno@maligkn0 GF
    melicia@maligkn0 TR

edith: i have upgraded to a mithral bellows and now i have a higher chance to get t3 shirts and pants but can only handle 1 item request at a time for the price of a dragon egg each.
  • Options
    delfimjrdelfimjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey there, Envy
    I'm here just to thank you for this amazing build! It gave new life to my Guardian
    Thanks a lot for your good work!!
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    how are you dealing with this block being broken lately, i hate it :( and i really hope this is not how its intended to work
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    how are you dealing with this block being broken lately, i hate it :( and i really hope this is not how its intended to work

I've been playing my GWF.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing my GWF.

i see :) yeah i rolled one of those to try it
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So trample the fallen and crushing pin have outweighed a survivability loss of improved vigor? Like how is it a noticable loss of survivability. Im still leveling im at 29
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA