test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Yet ANOTHER EXPLOIT! Are you even trying Cryptic?

nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know coding a project the size of an MMO is difficult. I know that mistakes will get made. I am a forgiving person but it really seems like you simply don't have anyone in your studio that actually tests this software before you push it to the live servers...

So, if anyone is wondering here is a SS of the duping exploit:

http://imgur.com/a/bLHdo

Got another ineffective rollback coming, Cryptic?

Are you going to delete 7 more hours of legitimate players' work while people who have been exploiting/duping for weeks get to keep everything they were able to sock away before you finally opened your eyes and accepted what was going on?
Post edited by nwobrock on

Comments

• Options
    fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doubt it's a duping exploit or else they'd be doing something more valuable than those runes. My guess is there is a bugged or several bugged resource nodes that they are able to just loot repeatedly.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this isn't an exploit o.0 how the hell he got all that stone o.0 he work in a mine o.0
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Probably just chest spamming profits.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is already a thread about it, the one where you took the screenshot from.

Exploits happen. This is why the game is in Open Beta still (no one wants to hear that, I realize that), and even if it were not, these things happen. They get fixed, like in every game, and the world continues to spin. If you expect a more finished game, not spending time on a beta or newly released game is a better approach. Wait a year or so. (I do that with many single-player games these days.)

If there is another rollback (I don't think this issue is very severe), blame the people who exploit everything instead of reporting it or being unable to resist the urge to take massive advantage of it for personal gain. I guess that is more likely to happen in F2Ps as there is less accountability for one's actions.

The previous rollback was very efficient. There have been no cheap cats around, the AD/Z exchange rate is low again, and we have seen no actual evidence of any large amounts of unaccounted for ADs.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's from the chest exploit, which was fixed last patch. You could just find a chest in the world, loot it, relog, loot it again, time and time again. There were even bots and scripts for this.

If they fixed it, I'm sure they're already tracking down anyone that might have used a bot/script, as it is a violation of the EULA, hence that person/people involved will (should) be banned.

Also, if you gonna make another thread about the same subject that already exists, at least list the original thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?299182-dupe-op-huehuehue.
  • Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ye, they fixed all exploits guys. cmon..
    also they fixed pvp afk and rogue bots.
    give them credit....
    nothing to see here
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That's from the chest exploit, which was fixed last patch. You could just find a chest in the world, loot it, relog, loot it again, time and time again.

Good information, thanks. So this seems to be like people crying wolf after the wolf has already been skinned and turned into a rug.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have yet to see an mmo where there weren't exploits. Blasting the programmers isn't going to help.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course there will be exploits. Doesn't mean we should just turn the other cheek when we discover them. Complaining about it here might be of some use, actually.
  • Options
    nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's from the chest exploit, which was fixed last patch. You could just find a chest in the world, loot it, relog, loot it again, time and time again. There were even bots and scripts for this.

If they fixed it, I'm sure they're already tracking down anyone that might have used a bot/script, as it is a violation of the EULA, hence that person/people involved will (should) be banned.

Also, if you gonna make another thread about the same subject that already exists, at least list the original thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?299182-dupe-op-huehuehue.

I'm not going to post in a thread where the title is nearly incomprehensible.

"dupe op huehuehuehue" it's a wonder I even clicked the link.

Cryptic and PWE have proven that if you don't shine a spotlight on exploits, hacks, and bugs they will just pretend like it doesn't exist.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Good information, thanks. So this seems to be like people crying wolf after the wolf has already been skinned and turned into a rug.

This is from TODAY.

The chest exploit may have been patched but thats only HALF the job!

Also, as I can think of no reason why anyone would ever need/want a stack of 99 rank 4 enchants...this has got to be how he is moving around his AH exploit AD that was never removed from the game.
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    Cryptic and PWE have proven that if you don't shine a spotlight on exploits, hacks, and bugs they will just pretend like it doesn't exist.

You don't have to be rude and argumentative to do that. Also, shining a spotlight on an exploit that has already been taken care of is rather pointless.
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kinda too early to call that exploit, maybe hes just guy who is testing enchant selling business. Many want to buy stuff in bulk and theres tons of people that sell stuff in very small numbers, so maybe he scoop up stuff and sell them bulk. It might come bite him in the *** or not, but you dont really need to mine that stuff yourself to have so many enchants.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    There is already a thread about it, the one where you took the screenshot from.

Yup, and isn't there a bunch of posts there explaining how this is an AH scam rather than an exploit? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    You don't have to be rude and argumentative to do that. Also, shining a spotlight on an exploit that has already been taken care of is rather pointless.

Please try to do some critical thinking.

Do you believe he should be able to keep all the items he exploited?

Do you think he should be able to sell those items on the AH?

Do you think anyone out there really wants/needs a stack of 99 r4 enchants?

No? Well what other reason could he have to do this? Maybe to launder the billions of AD he exploited through the negative bidding on the AH?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    teepussi wrote: »
    Kinda too early to call that exploit, maybe hes just guy who is testing enchant selling business. Many want to buy stuff in bulk and theres tons of people that sell stuff in very small numbers, so maybe he scoop up stuff and sell them bulk. It might come bite him in the *** or not, but you dont really need to mine that stuff yourself to have so many enchants.

I highly doubt the guy has spent hundreds of hours buying up and fusing rank 1 enchants. These enchants are the result of an exploit.
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do we even know that pic is the real deal?

Could very easily be a shop
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    How do we even know that pic is the real deal?

Could very easily be a shop

Because I went on the AH and LOOKED at it.
  • Options
    realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    i'm surprised they didn't combine them. could always whispers them ingame and ask them if you can just buy one and see how they respond. i heard people say you could get items for free on ah when servers reset, and that went on for a few weeks. maybe they just were stocking up on ah house ones. i'm kinda more towards duping or chest spaming though. real players would fuse them and aren't stupid to try to sell stacks of 99.

i would bid 6 ad on those.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Please try to do some critical thinking.

Do you believe he should be able to keep all the items he exploited?

Do you think he should be able to sell those items on the AH?

Do you think anyone out there really wants/needs a stack of 99 r4 enchants?

No? Well what other reason could he have to do this? Maybe to launder the billions of AD he exploited through the negative bidding on the AH?

None of these questions have anything to do with the point I made. Here it is again:

Do you think being rude to the programmers is going to help the situation?
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know coding a project the size of an MMO is difficult. I know that mistakes will get made. I am a forgiving person but it really seems like you simply don't have anyone in your studio that actually tests this software before you push it to the live servers...

So, if anyone is wondering here is a SS of the duping exploit:

http://imgur.com/a/bLHdo

Got another ineffective rollback coming, Cryptic?

Are you going to delete 7 more hours of legitimate players' work while people who have been exploiting/duping for weeks get to keep everything they were able to sock away before you finally opened your eyes and accepted what was going on?

The funny thing is most exploits can be discovered using mathematical simulations that require very little man hours or effort. Just mind boggling how there are so many exploits of this nature. Cryptic just hasn't done their due diligence.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Yup, and isn't there a bunch of posts there explaining how this is an AH scam rather than an exploit? :)

I only remember a single story that may or may not be true but it was from another game and has almost nothing in common with this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Alright, let us see for ourselves. Which server is this on?
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Alright, let us see for ourselves. Which server is this on?

Dragon and they all sold already.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given your attitude and need for attention by making a duplicate thread i don't place very much value on your anecdotal evidence sorry. Also, since you're a fan of critical thinking how do you know it's a new exploit?
  • Options
    realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    Given your attitude and need for attention by making a duplicate thread i don't place very much value on your anecdotal evidence sorry. Also, since you're a fan of critical thinking how do you know it's a new exploit?

how do people know it's an old exploit?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    how do people know it's an old exploit?
    Burden of proof fallacy, try again
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Aww I figured this would be possible just by moving to a different instance.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    None of these questions have anything to do with the point I made. Here it is again:

Do you think being rude to the programmers is going to help the situation?

It has everything to do with the "point" you made.

You think an exploit stops when they patch it.

I think it an exploit goes on MUCH longer than that.

For example, someone makes hundreds of billions of AD negative bidding on the AH over the course of a few weeks. Cryptic rollsback 7 hours and patches the AH to stop the exploit.

At this point you think its over.

I don't think the exploit is over until the hundreds of billions of AD have been removed.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Dragon and they all sold already.

That's what's weird though.

WHO WOULD BUY THAT?

WHYYYY?