test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changes to PvP balance inc!

izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Take a look at the changes coming in next patch. Some good stuff, assuming you are not a rogue
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3&p=5240371&viewfull=1#post5240371

Some notable passages:

PvP
Rejuvenation Potions may no longer be used in PvP.
Health runes activated in PvP now expire when the player takes damage.

Trickster Rogue
Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.
Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bye bye permastealth rogues then?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    looks like it! Also, the crazy crits that kill in one hit should be gone.
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nerf perma stealth and leave gwfs and gfs alone?

Silly! Is all i can say.

Nerf isnt harsh enough a word really- they are totally gutting it
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TR tears incoming..
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    griz024 wrote: »
    There are changes to them too, just smaller. In particular GWFs can no longer do crescendo and another daily at once.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    griz024 wrote: »

Silly! Is all i can say.

Nerf isnt harsh enough a word really- they are totally gutting it

Um how can you be mad Rogues have been broken for so long. This is a step in the right direction and they still need to nerf SE more.
  • Options
    godsdozergodsdozer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    looks like it! Also, the crazy crits that kill in one hit should be gone.

That has nothing to do with it. Greater Vorpal and Perfect Vorpal give you 1 shot ability with lashing blade and impact shot.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »
    That has nothing to do with it. Greater Vorpal and Perfect Vorpal give you 1 shot ability with lashing blade and impact shot.

Well then that needs to be addressed next. About time this broken class is fixed so players can enjoy PvP.
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »

i agree %100

perme-stealth just non-skilled players build. (hold right click and score: 30-2) but now executiner TR's coming. lashing blade 30k+ crit. instant kill.
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    inexgrav wrote: »
    i agree %100

perme-stealth just non-skilled players build. (hold right click and score: 30-2) but now executiner TR's coming. lashing blade 30k+ crit. instant kill.

They still crit for to much and it will be interesting but I am for the TR having to make a real build
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1 to the PVP changes!

Seriously how hard to remove rejuv pots and the regen ticks from the pvp pots if you take damage?!

Also to note: The TR that got nerfed... How was it even balanced at all to begin with?!

I mean 10 seconds of a 60% damage buff AND it refills your stealth meter faster? Point me to another daily that even comes close to that.....
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    TR tears incoming..

Nope no tears at all, I am leaving with pride and simply find another game or just stick to consoles and forget about MMO's, definitely is my last PW/Cryptic game. You can have this junk as I wasn't that thrilled with it to begin with and they wont get any more of my money. Simple as that, you can continue to play game that has tons of exploits they wont fix and adding things to the zen market as a priority.
  • Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    bye bye permastealth rogues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've recently begun playing a TR. I don't play PVP and have no intention to play it ever, not out of dislike for Neverwinter but out of dislike for PVP gaming in general.

I'm not sure I like my TR's abilities being nerfed to placate those who play in a mode of the game that I avoid like the spellplague, knowing that this will make everything a lot more difficult for me when I play solo as I do pretty much every time I fire up the game.

I'd also point out that stealth does deplete over time already (you can't just sit there thwacking stuff endlessly with your at-wills), and that when every class has unique and powerful abilities, it's easy to perceive one class as being overpowered if it's a class you don't play.

Am I really alone on all of this?
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    I've recently begun playing a TR. I don't play PVP and have no intention to play it ever, not out of dislike for Neverwinter but out of dislike for PVP gaming in general.

I'm not sure I like my TR's abilities being nerfed to placate those who play in a mode of the game that I avoid like the spellplague, knowing that this will make everything a lot more difficult for me when I play solo as I do pretty much every time I fire up the game.

I'd also point out that stealth does deplete over time already (you can't just sit there thwacking stuff endlessly with your at-wills), and that when every class has unique and powerful abilities, it's easy to perceive one class as being overpowered if it's a class you don't play.

Logic and reasoning don't belong around these here parts. Burn the witch! :p
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bye Bye players that used to play the rogue (unless they are really good sports and reroll another class)
  • Options
    najjanajja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    abell39 wrote: »

Nobody likes getting nerfed, get used to it and get over it. Also yeah stealth does deplete over time, guess you haven't read around enough to know that with the right build/gear a rogue can perma stealth. Theres a big difference between the rogues and the rest of the classes though, do you really not understand that? The difference being that you can see the other classes approaching and ready yourself, try to time a dodge on their cast. With the rogues they come in invisible and have the potential to one shot people. Also these changes really wont make your solo playing more difficult by any noticeable degree.
  • Options
    harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    any tr crying for new patch ...........dnt cry they have nerfed gf and gwf also ....if u knw
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Bye Bye players that used to play the rogue (unless they are really good sports and reroll another class)

Or they can keep playing the Rogue class that is still extremely powerful. These changes were to bring them inline with the other classes not bring them below them. To reroll another class would state that other classes are better and after these fixes and adjustments that isn't the case. Now the game can be better I balance and more enjoyable and that is a great thing. Rogues are still a great class.
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Or they can keep playing the Rogue class that is still extremely powerful. These changes were to bring them inline with the other classes not bring them below them. To reroll another class would state that other classes are better and after these fixes and adjustments that isn't the case. Now the game can be better I balance and more enjoyable and that is a great thing. Rogues are still a great class.

Disagree, they nerfed CW to the ground and after months of QQ now nerfing rogue, the next inline are the GWF/GF. I think that's the wrong approach, there's too much time between the balances, by the time these changes come out people are way gone from this game.

They should either buff the weaker classes like DC/CW or nerf (especially fix broken feats) of all classes SIMULTANEOUSLY.

How come you never see many threads of GF/GWF crying about rogues? If you only give CW their prepatch enfeeble and feats everything would be ok, but now everyone going to start crying about unkillable GWFs fest and one shot GFs.

It doesn't matter who got nerfed, what matters is who will be getting most attention in pvp, when statistics show GWFs are best class in pvp BY FAR, people will start crying and making threads about them (more than you see now).
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's because the Devs have no clue what they are doing. They don't actually have any first hand experience how things play out and they listen to unskilled players crying about getting killed in pvp. They don't even keep in mind that the game has pve when they do drastic character changes.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    Disagree, they nerfed CW to the ground and after months of QQ now nerfing rogue, the next inline are the GWF/GF. I think that's the wrong approach, there's too much time between the balances, by the time these changes come out people are way gone from this game.

They should either buff the weaker classes like DC/CW or nerf (especially fix broken feats) of all classes SIMULTANEOUSLY.

How come you never see many threads of GF/GWF crying about rogues? If you only give CW their prepatch enfeeble and feats everything would be ok, but now everyone going to start crying about unkillable GWFs fest and one shot GFs.

It doesn't matter who got nerfed, what matters is who will be getting most attention in pvp, when statistics show GWFs are best class in pvp BY FAR, people will start crying and making threads about them (more than you see now).

This is how it works in most games as well.

The nerf bat goes around and around, because balance is elusive and some class is always "on top" after any nerf cycle, which means they will be considered "OP" by players who are getting beaten by them. If the in-game stats that the devs see confirm that the suspected "OP" class is outperforming, it gets nerfed. It happens this way because it is faster to triage things than it is to redesign an entire system of classes and abilities. It also is generally the case that when a class is nerfed, it is *nerfed*, because again, that is easier than doing something more subtle and addresses more directly the issue they want to address -- so they "turn the problem off" and see how players do with that for a while, and then see if it needs more buffing. This was how it generally worked in a certain other game that has a lot of very professional developers, mind you.

A better approach, of course, is to separate PvP and PvE skill-wise, so that one can be adjusted without impacting the other. This requires a bit more programming, however, which makes it unlikely in the short term here. PvP by its nature will always require a lot of ongoing balancing and rebalancing because players will always find the min/max class and spec in any arrangement -- but if this can be quarantined to the PvP side of the game, it would be less disruptive to non-PvP players.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is how it works in most games as well.

The nerf bat goes around and around, because balance is elusive and some class is always "on top" after any nerf cycle, which means they will be considered "OP" by players who are getting beaten by them. If the in-game stats that the devs see confirm that the suspected "OP" class is outperforming, it gets nerfed. It happens this way because it is faster to triage things than it is to redesign an entire system of classes and abilities. It also is generally the case that when a class is nerfed, it is *nerfed*, because again, that is easier than doing something more subtle and addresses more directly the issue they want to address -- so they "turn the problem off" and see how players do with that for a while, and then see if it needs more buffing. This was how it generally worked in a certain other game that has a lot of very professional developers, mind you.

A better approach, of course, is to separate PvP and PvE skill-wise, so that one can be adjusted without impacting the other. This requires a bit more programming, however, which makes it unlikely in the short term here. PvP by its nature will always require a lot of ongoing balancing and rebalancing because players will always find the min/max class and spec in any arrangement -- but if this can be quarantined to the PvP side of the game, it would be less disruptive to non-PvP players.

I absolutely hate games that divide pvp and pve. SWTOR is a great example of how bad it is to divide gear and abilities between pve and pvp. It makes those players who enjoy both pve and pvp have a difficult time transitioning between them.

You will get the pvpers who get bored of pvp wanting to do some epic runs and they will get the door slamed in their face for not having gear to run with. The same will go for trying to find a pvp group when all you have is pve gear. It is a horrible idea to seperate the two. It divides the world too much and not only that but causes space problems with having to carry around two sets or sometimes four sets of gear clogging up inventory space just so you can cross between them.

The problem isn't gear, the problem isn't the powers are inbalanced. The problem is there are a huge majority of players who have NO skill to adapt to pvp situations. Instead they want the devs to nerf all competing classes while leaving their favorite class alone. This is how they get the edge over the other classes. They simply do not have any skills to actually compete so they cry about a class.

As soon as the "OP" class is nerfed into uselessness the next class gets the OP spotlight until it too is nerfed into uselessness. Meanwhile the bad players continue to complain about other classes because the fact of the matter is, and the reality is, they suck at pvp.
  • Options
    lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Lol, rogues are still a great class after this patch? Why is it that you don't see him playing a rogue if it is that great. I will be ROFL when the next patch nerfs gf and gwf. You will see him QQ in the forums.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    I absolutely hate games that divide pvp and pve. SWTOR is a great example of how bad it is to divide gear and abilities between pve and pvp. It makes those players who enjoy both pve and pvp have a difficult time transitioning between them.

It did? Before I stopped playing (due to plunging population), I was able to tank raids or wreck face perfectly well on the same reasonably-geared Shadow, and operate as a sneaky healer in both raids and PvP on the same Scoundrel. Is there another game called "SWTOR" of which I was previously unaware?

That said, most games benefit hugely from the ability to switch between multiple specs, even if it took a few of them years to get around to it. I suspect that NW would be improved by at least dual spec support. It's a shame that respeccing is such an obvious and obviously abused cash cow right now- it would seem to reduce the chances of this happening.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    llantiss wrote: »

The good point you make is whoever is performing the best gets a lot of attention. I feel that these adjustments as I don't call them nerfs because the rogue needed to be fixed. It was broke and way out of line with exploit abilities and functioning how it wasn't supposed to. So big adjustments were made. There was only one class I feel not functioning how its supposed to and that is the rogue hence only some big adjustments needed.

I do feel paragon paths need to be released so we actually can get some true idea of what we are working with for builds and then make some skill buff and nerfs then from there in a class balancing patch. It took way to long and rogue got to run around broke for to long but at least you got to enjoy that. Now they are just getting fixed and this is for the good of the game and this game really needed that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lemollen wrote: »
    Lol, rogues are still a great class after this patch? Why is it that you don't see him playing a rogue if it is that great. I will be ROFL when the next patch nerfs gf and gwf. You will see him QQ in the forums.

Its well know that I stand by my beliefs in not using anything that is broken in this game. Rogues were broken and exploit heaven I stoped lvling my rogue at 25 and had no interest in participating in that. With these changes I probably will now play my rogue. I don't use Tene's either and will never because they are also broke and are a reason for other broke builds to be made. Its about things working correctly and being fun how it functions in the game.

So yes these fixes makes me want to dabble in the rogue now some knowing that its not super bugged with all the rest of them.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »

That said, most games benefit hugely from the ability to switch between multiple specs, even if it took a few of them years to get around to it. I suspect that NW would be improved by at least dual spec support. It's a shame that respeccing is such an obvious and obviously abused cash cow right now- it would seem to reduce the chances of this happening.

I agree. The upsides outweigh the downsides substantially. Dual spec, different gear, different skills. And let the devs balance the PvP skills and gear every two weeks, really, as long as it doesn't screw around with the rest of the game.
  • Options
    smezzasmezza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol rogues will have to listen to GFs and GWFs telling them to LRN2Play. Nerfed CW and DC now nerf hits rogues who were the easiest class to play.

Your tears taste soo sweet.

Dont complain rogues just LRN2Play.

The irony is fantastic.

I only PvP,
    I don't use Lurker's Assault,
    I don't use Duellist Flurry,
    I don't stay hidden in the shadow,
    And I don't fear any class.
    Did the nerf kill some rogues ? Probably.
    You think it killed all of them ? Think twice.
    Don't expect to see me cry,
    I'll still top the tables,
    And you'll be the disillusioned one if you cross my way.

Enjoy your so-called "irony", the nerf bat is now coming to you.

See ya on the battlefield
  • Options
    tsayoktsayok Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    My mage 11.5K Gear Score and 23 000 life.
    No match confrontation high level or high Gs :
    Spell controls, dodges and teleports are completely ineffective and useless, i just have to watch me die.

- Rogue stealth permanent : untouchable + hit high dps + good dps away.
    - Rogue permanent immune controls (cheat?): High dps + high resistance dps.
    - Classic Rogue : control unstoppable + very high dps -> one shoot (or two max).
    - Defensive Warrior : shield immune dps and controls + high dps -> 3 shoots with knockbacks distance (equivalent to a spell of area)

Thank you Cryptic, continue like this, shortly you can finally merge server !
    http://tugaleres.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/titanic-sink.jpg