test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Back to WoW everyone

Comments

• savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darknssss wrote: »
    Enjoy your pandassssss next expansion is bunnys kido lol enoy your 14 year game. so childish.

beware about that we don't know what the next playable race in Neverwinter will be :p:D
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i actualy still have a wow account with play time on it :D didn`t look back at it since nwo.
    didn`t miss much, how was that currency called, my wow memories are fading away :D
    conquest, that was the one. :)
    almost full tyr a month ago, but the way they keep changing pvp all the time is not a trustworthy thing for me to keep playing.
    it does cost me too much money ;p each month, each year, each...
    it`s like a loan of a big amount of money which doesn`t get payed off.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vanilla WOW was good.

I remember hating Dwarves with a passion because I had to grind up levels then find a way to still avoid spider mobs totally cannibalising my lv 25 Night Elf just for my first even look at an Ah (Auction Houses were only in Dwarf and orc city at the start). Oh to see their glorious AH. I was so happy when I actually had some money from selling on Ah could buy non vendor bought weapons.

I also miss hitting lv 60 and with no pvp battlegrounds.The alliance and the Horde just squaring off in the (name now forgotten) field and just smashing each other backwards and forwards for weeks.

Then the big giant PVP Battleground came out Arathi Highlands (name forgotten also - I think that is it) lol. The first game was so intense it actually lasted for 3 days - I would sleep and log back in and just re-enter and continue the same fight - it was terrific and beautiful.

Then the $&$(##@ took over with their Nancy pants Armour Checks and continual bashing of anyone even remotely sane who even wanted to try a Dungeon.

Ya, go hug a Panda - in fact go move to China - cause we don't play it anymore.

Let the door hit you really hard on the way out - so when u remember the pain - you remember you lesson.

Cheers Big Ears.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    Is that why they have lost over 20 Million subs in the last expansion or two?

Do you mean 2 million? It's funny because this number is more than any MMO has in total active players, and it's only 20% of their userbase. Not just that - it's an expected loss, people always quit during expansion and come back for the next one. I've seen this 'WoW is dying' <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> every year for the past 5 years.
    It WAS a good MMO, now it's all kung-fu panda <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and once you get to end game, you really don't even need a guild, you can do the LFR thing and enjoy end game content. There is little to no skill required to play it anymore, looking at how the talent trees have changed has proved that. This is from a 7 year veteran of WoW. I came to Neverwinter because I am tired of playing with kids on a game that used to be played by adults. Granted there are plenty of kids in Neverwinter, but at least I will find a few adults there.

You're angry about the lore setting for one expansion? You still need a guild if you want to clear heroic content, just like any wow expansion. LFR is literally in the game so that casuals can see the content without Blizzard having to nerf the real content. The talent trees are no less complex than before. They just made every choice meaningful instead of 80% of any given talent tree being mandatory.

It's also hilarious that you come here to avoid children - it's a Perfect World game. World of Warcraft has some of the highest age and education averages out of any game. You can pretty easily observe this using any website trackers.
  • rezonedrezoned Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    So how does it feel to be terrible at video games and not able to adapt to stuff that is challenging?

I am having a great time playing this game but come on challenging

I hit LvL 60 in 2 weeks only doing questlines
    A full set of the PvP gear in 3 days

I have played a lot of MMO's and this has to be the easiest one I have ever played.
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mreagleye2 wrote: »
    WOW gotta laugh how many subs 8-11 million and is the best and biggest, lol takes a look at any number of MMO's out there just 1 for example is Scarlet Blade 40 million players

They probably are laughing as World of Warcraft has been the most profitable game in the world for several years running, and is the highest grossing video game ever.

I think the thing is with so many of these This vs That arguments, there's no acceptable middle ground for 'But I like them both'. I loved WoW, I just couldn't play it anymore after going from the F&F Alpha all the way to the end of Wrath of the Lich King. I also like Neverwinter, and am having a very good time playing it right now. One of the best bits of praise I can give Neverwinter is that other than Perfect World's less than savory practices (Promoting online credit checks for zen on the company webpage? Totally classless.), Cryptic has delivered a game that really feels to me much like Warcraft did on launch. Fun, interesting, some warts, but a ton of potential.
  • smokinroachsmokinroach Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IMO, WoW lost me when they took the fun factors out of it. Here are their downfalls, maybe NW can learn from this. (BTW, I was the 12th alliance player on Blackrock so I did play it right from the beginning).

1/ PvP Battlegrounds. DESTROYED the fun that was to be had from open world PvP. PvP ganking and quest interrupting was soooooooooooooo much fun and caused some massive all-in faction wars that stop happening once battlegrounds were introduced.

2/ Dungeons. Why of why would you take away the adventure of traveling to a far off instance with your party? Fighting your way to and into the instance was freaking awesome and added a whole other dimension to doing instances. Both factions would often take control of every access point to an instance on purpose just to cause some more world PvP, that was **** good fun! Look at what is left now, nothing but a glorified slot machine mechanic that has had the fun drained out of it. Click on the dungeon quest you want, party forms and BANG, you are in the instance. Where exactly is the fun in that? There isn't any.

3/ The game was simply made too easy. Blizz bent to the will of the forum whiners and made the difficulty level of the game more suitable to 8 year olds than adults. Blizz, you must chose the demographic that you want your game aimed at, if you choose an 8 year old audience then you can expect your game not to last too long, they have no attention span. It was the adult population that grew your game and made it the success it became, it was also that population you turned your back on.

My two cents.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully another run on the mill shoot um up action mmo will come out soon and pull the wow gen entirely (fingers crossed) This will allow devs to focus on the NWN2 pool of D&D traditionalists. Hopefully. Maybe even implement D&D rules...... so exciting to think about!
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    IMO, WoW lost me when they took the fun factors out of it. Here are their downfalls, maybe NW can learn from this. (BTW, I was the 12th alliance player on Blackrock so I did play it right from the beginning).

1/ PvP Battlegrounds. DESTROYED the fun that was to be had from open world PvP. PvP ganking and quest interrupting was soooooooooooooo much fun and caused some massive all-in faction wars that stop happening once battlegrounds were introduced.

2/ Dungeons. Why of why would you take away the adventure of traveling to a far off instance with your party? Fighting your way to and into the instance was freaking awesome and added a whole other dimension to doing instances. Both factions would often take control of every access point to an instance on purpose just to cause some more world PvP, that was **** good fun! Look at what is left now, nothing but a glorified slot machine mechanic that has had the fun drained out of it. Click on the dungeon quest you want, party forms and BANG, you are in the instance. Where exactly is the fun in that? There isn't any.

3/ The game was simply made too easy. Blizz bent to the will of the forum whiners and made the difficulty level of the game more suitable to 8 year olds than adults. Blizz, you must chose the demographic that you want your game aimed at, if you choose an 8 year old audience then you can expect your game not to last too long, they have no attention span. It was the adult population that grew your game and made it the success it became, it was also that population you turned your back on.

My two cents.

Downfall? WoW has only gone up since vanilla and bg was introduced back then.

World pvpers are mostly bad anyways and I would switch servers if I can if it didn't cost hundreds of dollars. Most servers are pve.

I simply stopped doing dungeons in Wrath because I was so sick of the logistics. Fighting over meeting stones got old eventually when you just wanted to run a dungeon. You couldn't even get a group for lower level dungeons and the queue system works cross realm.

Please I'm sick of hearing these types of comments. Don't make it seem like it's universal. There isn't even any world pvp at all in this game so I don't see how it's relevant anyways.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    So how does it feel to be terrible at video games and not able to adapt to stuff that is challenging?

But the OP already answered that, there is that kindergarden MMO that holds your hand all the time and protects you from failing(yes, players get BUFFED when they wipe on boss) and will make sure no charm meets if you love it(and by love it means throwing moniez at it until the end of times).
  • wctp0wackowctp0wacko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow is highly unbalanced. It was fun for a while, but it's character balance is awful. Worst PvP in any MMO. PvE reliance on timer status.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    Sorry to say but its back to WoW, NW failed me with its crappy balance and p2w cash shop, WoW 5.3 = baseline 65% resil so yes you can actually pvp again on your chars, sorry but even WoW is better than P2W, I am many others are now going back to WoW, Wildstar.....lets see what you can do

Cya mate,hope you have fun back in your favorite game.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to say but its back to WoW, NW failed me with its crappy balance and p2w cash shop, WoW 5.3 = baseline 65% resil so yes you can actually pvp again on your chars, sorry but even WoW is better than P2W, I am many others are now going back to WoW, Wildstar.....lets see what you can do

I'll commend you in that so far you haven't posted anything since. Let's see what you can do.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    wow is a better game than neverwinter. I don't think any coherent intelligent person can argue otherwise. It has a better design, more content, less exploits and you don't have to wait 5 years for a customer service ticket. They also don't try to gouge you on microtransactions.

The problem with wow is that it's too good - it has been the best mmo for many years, and if you have played it for many years, it's kind of difficult to keep enjoying it. No mmo is really going to be able to directly compete with wow because it has 8 years of development funded by millions of subscribers, but lets not pretend that it isn't better.

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I stopped at Lich King... If I EVER wanted to go back to WoW (not the case), I'd need to buy Cataclysm and Mist of Pandaria, or whatever the new expansion is called.

Assuming Cataclysm is half the price, it means I'd need to invest AT LEAST 90 euros to enjoy the full content of the game. Oh, and a prepaid card, since expansions, unless they've changed it, don't come with prepaid time.

And no, I don't think it's a better game. Honestly, looking back, the best experience I had from MMOs besides Neverwinter was GWs Factions. I really enjoyed the storyline and felt like it was an awesome game, even though I only played a couple of months and didn't felt like there was much to do after clearing the main plot. I never bought other expansions, though.

I think I'll stay here, thank you. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played WoW since early beta their Sargent peppers was Wotlk, then the game became this giant pop culture reference, and I felt more like I was in a Shrek movie than playing the Warcraft franchise. I'm still a big Blizzard fan I spend a lot of time playing D3 and SCII, but the devs turned WoW into a pop culture icon for soccer moms and hipsters, no self respecting gamer would go there, and honestly our hobby has enough issues with the invasion of hipsters...why financially support that abomination?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • derpyliciousderpylicious Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    That baseline resilience doesn't mean anything for me, but it's causing some issues with world pvpers. You're still going to suck without gear so whatever.

Aside from that this game is brand spanking new. How do you possibly think they can fix things so fast? You realize the paladin overhaul happened in late BC? That's nearly 3 years after launch. There is balancing practically every patch and it takes at least a couple months for a patch to be released.

Warriors were broken at the start of MoP and it took until 5.2 to tone them down and finally 5.3 to balance them a little better. That's over 6 months since the MoP launch. NW has been in open beta a little over a week now.

How can you be so unreasonable when it takes WoW minimum a couple months to release a patch?

Excellent, keep up being reasonable on the internet, but I must correct you, NW had been in open beta 3 weeks. Now I will fly away.
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Back to WoW? Never, PVP already ruined that mmo.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played WoW since early beta their Sargent peppers was Wotlk, then the game became this giant pop culture reference, and I felt more like I was in a Shrek movie than playing the Warcraft franchise. I'm still a big Blizzard fan I spend a lot of time playing D3 and SCII, but the devs turned WoW into a pop culture icon for soccer moms and hipsters, no self respecting gamer would go there, and honestly our hobby has enough issues with the invasion of hipsters...why financially support that abomination?

WoW nowadays is for nostalgics and people who can't/won't move on for reasons I won't discuss here to avoid a flame war with some wowtards
    I am happy OP went back there (not that I believe it, this is some frustrated troll swan song..)
  • rezargamerrezargamer Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    What's NWN2 like anyway? Want to try it but if it's anything like DDO I'm just not interested
    It's a single player game so it's nothing like either NW or DDO.

If you are a fan of D&D and the Forgotten Realms setting it's the best somewhat contemporary game there is.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Activison paying people to bang on about WoW on other forums again?

Seriously OP your fooling no one.
  • viciousjediviciousjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just canceled my 2 accounts for wow. and I run a large guild. That has been together for 5 years.. slowly but surely my members are moving to neverwinter.

The first time I did lair of a Mad dragon and faced that green dragon.. I knew that Wow was dead for me.
    and I enjoy the pvp in this game. And yes I have invested .. thousands of dollars in wow.. via server transferres.. race changes.. and subs and pets.. And despite all that I had done in the past.. I was bored to tears. I love my guild mates but the game holds no challenges anymore. IT doesn't excite me anymore.

I started a Guardian fighter and the moment I blocked the attack of a control wizard in pvp.. I knew.. oh my .. I control my fate... not friggin rng based combat.

Graphically this game is AMAZING! In a day I will posting a nice link of a compilation of pvp/pve events my guild has experienced .. because we want to show more of my guild mates why we think this is superior.

Pissedjedi Wrathborn
    Guild leader of League of Shadows
    Pvp/Pve guild on Dragon.
    Old School gamer, reviewer of mmos and slayer of dragons.
  • rezargamerrezargamer Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    the best experience I had from MMOs besides Neverwinter was GWs Factions. I really enjoyed the storyline and felt like it was an awesome game
    We agree on something :)

If you never bought any of the other expansions you are really missing out, Nightfall and Eye of the North are both awesome as well, and you can usually get them really cheap so if you ever want to play something other than NW I suggest you pick them up.
    I just canceled my 2 accounts for wow. and I run a large guild. That has been together for 5 years.. slowly but surely my members are moving to neverwinter.
    But really that can't be something new, it happens EVERY time a new MMO comes out, people have a strange love/hate relationship with WoW they hate it but always end up returning after a couple of months, and frankly I don't see NW offering anything long term.
  • mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A game community can only win, if all WoW players go home.
  • suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Oh thank god another dumpster baby is leaving us :)
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Activison paying people to bang on about WoW on other forums again?

Seriously OP your fooling no one.

More true than you know
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rezargamer wrote: »
    It's a single player game so it's nothing like either NW or DDO.

If you are a fan of D&D and the Forgotten Realms setting it's the best somewhat contemporary game there is.

Actually, compared to NWN 1, it was quite lame and not up to that standard (IMHO but also of most players)
    It kinda flopped when it came out
  • mikehamikeha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah have fun with your game that put's in new dances as one of the highlights to a expansion, and knows how to steal content from a children's movie. Really the people who think wow is great need to actually look at the game were in pvp all you get is bear bombed. I certainly bet this player only played a warlock in wow or rogue
    edited May 2013
    mikeha wrote: »
    Yeah have fun with your game that put's in new dances as one of the highlights to a expansion, and knows how to steal content from a children's movie. Really the people who think wow is great need to actually look at the game were in pvp all you get is bear bombed. I certainly bet this player only played a warlock in wow or rogue

Yeah it's pretty common knowledge that Chris Metzen was reading the Lord Soth series when he was working on WC III, there was a reason WoW classic through WotLk did so well he stole from the best, same thing with Starcraft the blatant plagiarism of Warhammer 40k even to the point of hiring Andy Chambers from games workshop to help write SC II story.

They are very good in knowing what sells, but they stood on the shoulders of giants.
  • dobies4lifedobies4life Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish newer gamers were required to play the older games. Then they would learn what real challenge is.