test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ah yes there it is, thanks man.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, since the Ioun Stone of Allure gives Power, Crit, and Recover, wouldn't that theoretically be better than the Cat for this kind of build since you will be focusing quite a bit of power, and Crit isn't a major factor anyways? Sure the Cat gives you larger Crit and Recover, however this may be marginal and an offset with the Ioun Stone of Allure. What do you think?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, since the Ioun Stone of Allure gives Power, Crit, and Recover, wouldn't that theoretically be better than the Cat for this kind of build since you will be focusing quite a bit of power, and Crit isn't a major factor anyways? Sure the Cat gives you larger Crit and Recover, however this may be marginal and an offset with the Ioun Stone of Allure. What do you think?

For one, I don't focus on power at all. I focus on crit. Power is a by-product of naturally being on gear that has crit. The cat gives higher base Crit and Recovery which is better. Neither of them give power. They're broken and that stat only transfers over visually.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GF nerf incoming :'(
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    GF nerf incoming :'(

Why do you say that?

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Why do you say that?

I read on the forum that devs are nerfing GF cause Timeless set is too OP or something >.< I think it's the base dmg that get's the nerf.. not sure... two of my guildies lvl 60 tanks are crying cause of this in chat =)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I read on the forum that devs are nerfing GF cause Timeless set is too OP or something >.< I think it's the base dmg that get's the nerf.. not sure... two of my guildies lvl 60 tanks are crying cause of this in chat =)

Devs havent said anything about the GF.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    refael123123refael123123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, nice guide but dont you think Archon Shield is better for pvp? coz of 18 AC..its give like 6% damage resist and if u got enought damage i think its better than timeless shield.
    Explain me please if im wrong :)
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the moment, I think Archon Shield is a very solid choice for any build. However, the 18 AC is clearly a bug and I'm sure will be lowered to where it's supposed to be soon enough.
  • Options
    awwyissmfbcawwyissmfbc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does the Timeless gear drop from the last bosses of the particular instances or the DD chests?
  • Options
    imyoimyo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    some tips for progressing gear please?, i was doing some pvp, a lot of frustration, im now equipped with full set of indomitable warrior (idk if thats even the right thing to do), and i dont see anything else to purchase with glory, i think im missing something.

Well i need somem advice for vendors and sets to buy progressively from early 60 and endgame please
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Does the Timeless gear drop from the last bosses of the particular instances or the DD chests?

Either. /10char

Youtube Channel

• Options
    refael123123refael123123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Either. /10char

can you please answer me for my question at last page please ? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey, nice guide but dont you think Archon Shield is better for pvp? coz of 18 AC..its give like 6% damage resist and if u got enought damage i think its better than timeless shield.
    Explain me please if im wrong :)

More damage > resistances.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not playing my GF or updating this guide / answering questions until they revert the block change. Sorry.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    what block change?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    basement12 wrote: »
    what block change?

^ Interested as well. Want to make me a tank cause gameplay looks rly interesting with all those disables etc. But total ****.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    ^ Interested as well. Want to make me a tank cause gameplay looks rly interesting with all those disables etc. But total ****.

They changed block from client side to server side. This made is so that if you're blocking, and you stop blocking, then try to block again immediately after you won't be able to. This pretty much ruins any timed blocking in PvP which is the only thing I do anymore so I'm just going to play alts or a different game until it's fixed.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    faulkalfaulkal Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    i see this is for pvp but is there a good build for pve?
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm not playing my GF or updating this guide / answering questions until they revert the block change. Sorry.

Have fun waiting forever then, considering they'd have to actually fix security issues if they revert it :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    faulkal wrote: »
    i see this is for pvp but is there a good build for pve?

sadly PVE in this game is broken because of clerics right now, any dps build works in pve, there is no need to tank in this game.
  • Options
    faulkalfaulkal Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    imyo wrote: »
    sadly PVE in this game is broken because of clerics right now, any dps build works in pve, there is no need to tank in this game.

clerics? i know they take alot of threat i suppose due to healing? so, if i should shelve this GF which class should i go with >.<
  • Options
    divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    faulkal wrote: »
    clerics? i know they take alot of threat i suppose due to healing? so, if i should shelve this GF which class should i go with >.<

It's broken because of clerics, but not really due to healing agro... you just get 2 clerics and have them both drop astral shield or whatever it's called and everyone in the party is a tank, until that gets fixed there isn't really a reason for them to work on fixing the healing agro, because no one brings GF's anywhere anyways, tanks aren't needed.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They changed block from client side to server side. This made is so that if you're blocking, and you stop blocking, then try to block again immediately after you won't be able to. This pretty much ruins any timed blocking in PvP which is the only thing I do anymore so I'm just going to play alts or a different game until it's fixed.

What the, doesn't hat make it difficult then for even PvE? Against bosses who do continuous large attacks? God no wonder playing GF became a little bit of a pain >.<
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    What the, doesn't hat make it difficult then for even PvE? Against bosses who do continuous large attacks? God no wonder playing GF became a little bit of a pain >.<

To my knowledge there are no such bosses. Either they do huge super-slow telegraphed attacks or they hit for less than your average add with their normal attacks.
  • Options
    wrannecwrannec Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    What set do you guys think would be best to use?

The stalwart set or the grand regen set?

Stalwart gives you power when hit, but grand regen gives you 20% power of your defense.
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Right now it pretty much comes down to either stalwart or timeless depending on your preference/how often you can keep up stalwart's stacks. I generally clear trash with bulwark and use timeless for bosses unless I have to block a lot. Grand Regent is just... not worth it. It gives a little higher defensive stats than Bulwark, which utility is questionable, but the power it gives is marginal at best...
  • Options
    wrannecwrannec Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    Right now it pretty much comes down to either stalwart or timeless depending on your preference/how often you can keep up stalwart's stacks. I generally clear trash with bulwark and use timeless for bosses unless I have to block a lot. Grand Regent is just... not worth it. It gives a little higher defensive stats than Bulwark, which utility is questionable, but the power it gives is marginal at best...

Thanks for the answer :) Stalwart might be the best set for me atm.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sadly im forced to reroll another class, i was enjoying this GF a lot even a bit underpowered atm (cos of my current gear and stuff) but this shield change to the server side is just impossible to handle with 200 ping like me. Good bye guys xD.
  • Options
    kpxstar9kpxstar9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asided from crusher and the timeless shield, which other shield would be a good alternative?