test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster Rogue PvP Stream and Info/Guide (attempt atleast)

Comments

• imosh2beatsimosh2beats Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You seem to love Duelist's Flurry, but I almost never saw you use it in your video. Is it truly as good as you say it is? Or did you just happen to put clips that didn't showcase that ability?
  • saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You seem to love Duelist's Flurry, but I almost never saw you use it in your video. Is it truly as good as you say it is? Or did you just happen to put clips that didn't showcase that ability?

the video was jsut a all around montage. yes there was clips of me weaving my DF in there. and you can catch it sometimes where I didnt point it out. DF is the best thing for a rogue. hits liek a truck and has a follow mechanic which forces a dodge giving you an advantage also DF gives you Deadly momentum stacks which makes you hit up to 15% harder with criticals
  • saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    updated news on where I'm going with game.
  • elhugeelhuge Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, you probably answered this before, but... im Lvl 60, and I have 3 more feat points to use than you.
    At first I thought "He's picture is probably from lvl 57" but that's not the case, so... how should I spend those 3 extra feats?
    edited May 2013
    wherever you desire. :) finish off stamina recharge OR out into max hp. up to you :D you are a human I bet right?
    edited May 2013
    man making videos take so long D:
  • strawbyxstrawbyx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    saythin wrote: »
    My new troll build!! might be mkaing video on it!!! shadostrike impact shot and IoC!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y48A7iA3q6w&lc=BN_uAf3O7kn8lfMX-YTsYFDXD2P5sMeTCGVGJYiDIoU

Catch up with the times, you're way behind.
    edited May 2013
    strawbyx wrote: »

you do realize this is a CoS spam nub build right.... sit in stealth spam daggers than impact before stealth ends and uses shocking execution..... I play skill based builds not the obvious overpowered ones. lol also I weave my CoS for chasing and use it smartly to get speed swindle if I need ot run or to chase not jsut spam till I have none.... So in reality I am way ahead of everyone :)

but kudos for trying. if you find sitting still spamming cos is fun by all means good job! was a good video

p.s I used to play that build, very **** and easy.
    edited May 2013
    thanks for all the support on stream!! giveaway for my followers on saturday!!!! next week saturday
  • fouinardofouinardo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Des, first of all I want to thank you for your wonderful thread and vids. I got a lot of inspiration from your build and playing techniques when I build my rogue and I must admit that even if I find it sometimes hard to play, it is a very rewarding play style when you start to get used to it.

I wanted to ask you if I may links to your videos (weaving technique and your PVP edit, with credits and a link to this thread and/or your youtube channel of course) in a thread I am doing for my guild board ? These are just perfect. =]

Thanks again ^^
    edited May 2013
    fouinardo wrote: »
    Hi Des, first of all I want to thank you for your wonderful thread and vids. I got a lot of inspiration from your build and playing techniques when I build my rogue and I must admit that even if I find it sometimes hard to play, it is a very rewarding play style when you start to get used to it.

I wanted to ask you if I may links to your videos (weaving technique and your PVP edit, with credits and a link to this thread and/or your youtube channel of course) in a thread I am doing for my guild board ? These are just perfect. =]

Thanks again ^^

of course!!! no problem! as long as you not making money off of it :P
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you do realize this is a CoS spam nub build right.... sit in stealth spam daggers than impact before stealth ends and uses shocking execution..... I play skill based builds not the obvious overpowered ones. lol also I weave my CoS for chasing and use it smartly to get speed swindle if I need ot run or to chase not jsut spam till I have none.... So in reality I am way ahead of everyone :)

but kudos for trying. if you find sitting still spamming cos is fun by all means good job! was a good video

p.s I used to play that build, very **** and easy.

Someone sure does get defensive quickly when someone that is not a complete nub calls them out. And if you honestly think you're "way ahead of everyone". EL OH EL. Its not an achievement to be better then 98% of the terribles that play this game and that's all I see you play against in your video. The skill cap for this game is a joke and breaks down to timing, cool downs, class balance and latency when any competently geared and "skilled" players fight.

Thank you for creating your "weaving" technique, I've been wondering what it was called and who created it ever since I started doing it when open beta launched. Now I'm informed. Keep up the competency brah! Even the bads need someone to look up to, and judging from this thread and your vids you're striving to be their hero! Must be a lonely feeling to have to search for validation from bads in a video game :(
    edited May 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Someone sure does get defensive quickly when someone that is not a complete nub calls them out. And if you honestly think you're "way ahead of everyone". EL OH EL. Its not an achievement to be better then 98% of the terribles that play this game and that's all I see you play against in your video. The skill cap for this game is a joke and breaks down to timing, cool downs, class balance and latency when any competently geared and "skilled" players fight.

Thank you for creating your "weaving" technique, I've been wondering what it was called and who created it ever since I started doing it when open beta launched. Now I'm informed. Keep up the competency brah! Even the bads need someone to look up to, and judging from this thread and your vids you're striving to be their hero! Must be a lonely feeling to have to search for validation from bads in a video game :(

well said well said. the issue is that I already played the cos spam build in closed beta. to easy. skilless and boring. im glad you dont think you are bad. because in ym eyes everyone is until they prove me wrong. which no tr has done yet so....yea.. glad you liek the weaving makes you better at game. and that is what I am here for. to help people. Thus why I made a guide / info because alot of people wanted me to. thus why I streamed and made videos. because alot of people wanted me to.
  • fouinardofouinardo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    of course!!! no problem! as long as you not making money off of it :P
    Nothing like that at all, I am just going to make a thread about TR builds in a private french guild forum and use links to your videos because they illustrate perfectly my definition of stealth classes. I also don't play as good as you do in PVP (I play a lot in PVE and I must admit that this build also rocks in PVE as far as I went) yet to make my own videos. ^^'

Thanks again. =]
    edited May 2013
    well said well said. the issue is that I already played the cos spam build in closed beta. to easy. skilless and boring. im glad you dont think you are bad. because in ym eyes everyone is until they prove me wrong. which no tr has done yet so....yea.. glad you liek the weaving makes you better at game. and that is what I am here for. to help people. Thus why I made a guide / info because alot of people wanted me to. thus why I streamed and made videos. because alot of people wanted me to.

If we can get a lot of people to want you to dress up like a monkey and have intercourse with your mom. Would you do it? :rolleyes: Maybe if we could get you 150 more subscribers for this endeavor you can give out a prize of a signed autograph copy of your monkey mom intercourse vid which includes your weaving technique on her!?

I never made any claim to be good or bad. Merely stated the facts about the skill cap for the game being a joke and the fact you somehow think you're "way ahead of everyone" is a joke. You get put down like a scrub just the same as everyone else when faced with equally geared competent player who got the upper hand early, but that's the wonderful thing about fraps, you can edit out the stuff you don't want your scrub followers to see. Keep vying for their attention though broseph.

PS My weaving technique is maxed.. Lvl 20 tailor.. I bet you created this too, U SO GUD CAN I HAS U AUTOGRAF? :D
  • lednaillednail Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    If we can get a lot of people to want you to dress up like a monkey and have intercourse with your mom. Would you do it? :rolleyes: Maybe if we could get you 150 more subscribers for this endeavor you can give out a prize of a signed autograph copy of your monkey mom intercourse vid which includes your weaving technique on her!?

I definitely want to see this. Where do I subscribe?
    I never made any claim to be good or bad. Merely stated the facts about the skill cap for the game being a joke and the fact you somehow think you're "way ahead of everyone" is a joke. You get put down like a scrub just the same as everyone else when faced with equally geared competent player who got the upper hand early, but that's the wonderful thing about fraps, you can edit out the stuff you don't want your scrub followers to see. Keep vying for their attention though broseph.

+1 The skill cap is a joke. I'm guessing polishing too many <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has gone to the poor guys head. Delusions of grandeur mixed with his need to escape reality have caused him to forget or block out all the times he gets rickrolled.

PS My weaving technique is maxed.. Lvl 20 tailor.. I bet you created this too

Lmao, well he did create basic combat mechanics. I wouldn't put it passed him to have created the crafting skills also.
    edited May 2013

PS My weaving technique is maxed.. Lvl 20 tailor.. I bet you created this too, U SO GUD CAN I HAS U AUTOGRAF? :D

We talking about neverwinter or IRL? Cuz I'm here to inform on the game.

Yes this game does take a certain amount of skill. You have to know what you have and what the other person has, what to dodge and when to make a move, in a TR's perspective.

I get put down liek a scrub by scrubs. Doesn't affect me at all. That is the wonderful thing about streaming. you can see me dominate live with no editing out :) I dont go out for attention I put it out to help people get better

See there is a difference even with trolls. A good troll knows what he is talking about, a bad troll just talks out of his butt :( You are a bad troll.I'll be glad to give you the attention you need on my stream if you show up. I can teach you how to troll even, because you are terrible at that as well.

But Ill give you that one. you got me to laugh by saying editing with fraps means you didnt read the part of my stream or know that all my footage was directly from stream and that I stream everyday. So good job on that one. I like when bad trolls attempt to troll me.
    edited May 2013
    Yes this game does take a certain amount of skill. You have to know what you have and what the other person has, what to dodge and when to make a move, in a TR's perspective

Let me translate the statement, "The skill cap is a joke" for you. It means the "certain amount of skill" you deem necessary to know what you have and what the other person has and what to dodge and when to make a move, in any classes perspective is a joke. The cap or top or peak or perhaps plateau of skill required for any given character for it to perform at its peak ability before the other game variables (gear, latency, etc) become involved in this game is a joke. So I'll say again the "certain amount of skill" is a joke. Understand?
    I get put down liek a scrub by scrubs. Doesn't affect me at all. That is the wonderful thing about streaming. you can see me dominate live with no editing out :) I dont go out for attention I put it out to help people get better

See there is a difference even with trolls. A good troll knows what he is talking about, a bad troll just talks out of his butt :( You are a bad troll.I'll be glad to give you the attention you need on my stream if you show up. I can teach you how to troll even, because you are terrible at that as well.

But Ill give you that one. you got me to laugh by saying editing with fraps means you didnt read the part of my stream or know that all my footage was directly from stream and that I stream everyday. So good job on that one. I like when bad trolls attempt to troll me.

Oh my bad! I forgot streams couldn't be edited for youtube purposes! But hey, if you want me to delve into it a bit more. Lets get down to the nitty gritty! I turned on your youtube vid that's "directly from stream footage with nifty music and well timed sound effects but no editing of course!" and I noticed while skimming through it that you're in at least a partial premade the entire video and fighting 1v1 maybe two or three times with some of them starting with the guy running away from your team. Pro.. At least running those premades against pugs allows for you to demonstrate those super combos like my favorite "the dismounting combo". Or another highly skillful move I saw, lashing strike the CW to 5% health and then shocking execution while the guy is in melee range. Pro! Teach me teach me!

Put a vid up of you solo and taking on multiple opponents or even competent players or perhaps include your premade but show it fighting something other then pugs. You say you stream and do all this for the educational purposes of others but you and I both know that the main reason is for the attention. And the sad truth of it all is that the only thing special about you was the education you received in school. ;)

P.S. bad trolls don't get fed.. nomnomnom.. gg :rolleyes:
  • alyxisalyxis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you are interrested in teaching me to PvP "properly" once I hit level 60 hit me up in game as "Sara Panthera". I'll be streaming at twitch.tv/PerfectionCSGO with my mates from bosstour.co.uk.
  • kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    While I'm sure your guide and videos are helpful to the uninformed, your unwarranted arrogance is what is so offsetting. Claiming creation of basic combat mechanics just makes you look (like a previous poster said) "special". Your videos are unimpressive, your screenshots are unimpressive, they're all things people do on a regular basis without a full or partial premade helping them. Your feat spec for the whole is pretty cookie cutter with, I'm sure some would argue, some misplaced points. Your encounter setup is easily countered with some of the encounters you don't use, but that's the beauty of it all. Ying can beat yang if utilized correctly.

You may respond with "No one (or rogue) has proved me wrong!" A couple flaws I see in you making that statement. You're probably in a premade 99% of the time. At the slight chance you do happen across another equally geared rogue that knows what he or she is doing and gains the advantage on you, I'm sure you do like most decent rogues and retreat away whether it be to your premade or a health pot. Now that rogue can do the same thing but inevitably the deciding factor is going to stem back to premade versus pug. Controlling the map limiting access to the same areas you have access to.

Now if you can say you have never lost a fight or "been proved wrong" with another rogue when the playing field was even, than I feel bad for your server and you're in for a rude awakening when merges happen and cross server pvp happens. Cheers.
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kulgribnar wrote: »
    While I'm sure your guide and videos are helpful to the uninformed, your unwarranted arrogance is what is so offsetting. Claiming creation of basic combat mechanics just makes you look (like a previous poster said) "special". Your videos are unimpressive, your screenshots are unimpressive, they're all things people do on a regular basis without a full or partial premade helping them. Your feat spec for the whole is pretty cookie cutter with, I'm sure some would argue, some misplaced points. Your encounter setup is easily countered with some of the encounters you don't use, but that's the beauty of it all. Ying can beat yang if utilized correctly.

You may respond with "No one (or rogue) has proved me wrong!" A couple flaws I see in you making that statement. You're probably in a premade 99% of the time. At the slight chance you do happen across another equally geared rogue that knows what he or she is doing and gains the advantage on you, I'm sure you do like most decent rogues and retreat away whether it be to your premade or a health pot. Now that rogue can do the same thing but inevitably the deciding factor is going to stem back to premade versus pug. Controlling the map limiting access to the same areas you have access to.

Now if you can say you have never lost a fight or "been proved wrong" with another rogue when the playing field was even, than I feel bad for your server and you're in for a rude awakening when merges happen and cross server pvp happens. Cheers.

I haven't met anyone in pvp who doesn't retreat to their team or get health pots when their health is low. Being dead doesn't help your team at all. One less person on the field for your team while you wait to rezz puts them at a disadvantage, especially since everyone likes to go to mid and cap it.
    edited May 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    I haven't met anyone in pvp who doesn't retreat to their team or get health pots when their health is low. Being dead doesn't help your team at all. One less person on the field for your team while you wait to rezz puts them at a disadvantage, especially since everyone likes to go to mid and cap it.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here, unless you cannot read and comprehend that I stated the decency required to perform such acts.
  • abe11abe11 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Ask away all your desires
    its pay to win they put pugs and premades to geather ill keep looking for a pvp game this will never b 1
  • lednaillednail Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    the issue is that I already played the cos spam build in closed beta.
    I seem to remember closed beta dates being in Feb and March and yet you decided to make a completely new account for the open beta? Poor guy makes claims without even taking the obvious time stamps into the equation. Definitely delusions of grandeur..

• vrhellvrhell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First I wanted to thank you for the guide, I have played by it up to this point. But I'd be glad if you could answer some questions:

While you say you use Dazing strike/lashing blade/deft strike plus lurkers assault/shocking execution you don't seem to do so on your stream. Why is that? Just because you don't like abusing obviously overpowered builds and instead want to try out new/fun alternatives? Or is the stuff you run really a viable alternative to the encounters/dailys listed above?

And secondly, when you run lurkers assault and shocking execution, when do you use your action points for which? I have pretty much not used lurkers assault in PvP a single time yet, because shocking execution seems so superior to it.

Also, while it might be that dazing strike/lashing blade/deft strike and shocking execution put out a lot of damage against a single target, your newer build seems to be suited better for 1v2 or even 1v3, since with the old build, after you blow your CDs it takes a lot of time until they come back up, especially lasing blade and shocking execution. What do you think about that, is the old build better at nuking a single guy but after that you are less useful than with the newer build which would give more consisten damage?

One more thing that I just thought of, do you still think that if you go with the old build dazing strike is superior to smoke bomb or did you change your mind? maybe even a completely different skill?

best regards, I hope you take the time to answer even though that are a lot of questions :P
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here, unless you cannot read and comprehend that I stated the decency required to perform such acts.

I can play word games too. For someone who tells the OP about arrogance, you reek of it yourself with that reply.

Why even bring it up then against the OP if you know everyone else does it or is it that you needed some filler for your troll post?

GG.
    edited May 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    I can play word games too. For someone who tells the OP about arrogance, you reek of it yourself with that reply.

Why even bring it up then against the OP if you know everyone else does it or is it that you needed some filler for your troll post?

GG.

Word games? Perhaps if you take your ADHD medication you could read the entire paragraph in question and not just the single sentence, then maybe try and grasp the concept that is implied of the whole. Let me know if I need to further explain it or dumb it down for you. As far as the reeking of arrogance in that reply, I just can't quite grasp what you're even trying to argue and idiocy annoys me. Plus, I'm not the one claiming to be the greatest of anything. Just one of many ominous rain clouds over ridiculous parades.

*edit.. GG lol.. so dense
    edited May 2013
    Let me translate the statement, "The skill cap is a joke" for you. It means the "certain amount of skill" you deem necessary to know what you have and what the other person has and what to dodge and when to make a move, in any classes perspective is a joke. The cap or top or peak or perhaps plateau of skill required for any given character for it to perform at its peak ability before the other game variables (gear, latency, etc) become involved in this game is a joke. So I'll say again the "certain amount of skill" is a joke. Understand?

Oh my bad! I forgot streams couldn't be edited for youtube purposes! But hey, if you want me to delve into it a bit more. Lets get down to the nitty gritty! I turned on your youtube vid that's "directly from stream footage with nifty music and well timed sound effects but no editing of course!" and I noticed while skimming through it that you're in at least a partial premade the entire video and fighting 1v1 maybe two or three times with some of them starting with the guy running away from your team. Pro.. At least running those premades against pugs allows for you to demonstrate those super combos like my favorite "the dismounting combo". Or another highly skillful move I saw, lashing strike the CW to 5% health and then shocking execution while the guy is in melee range. Pro! Teach me teach me!

Put a vid up of you solo and taking on multiple opponents or even competent players or perhaps include your premade but show it fighting something other then pugs. You say you stream and do all this for the educational purposes of others but you and I both know that the main reason is for the attention. And the sad truth of it all is that the only thing special about you was the education you received in school. ;)

P.S. bad trolls don't get fed.. nomnomnom.. gg :rolleyes:

... Bad trolls have no idea what they are talking about. Keep trying though. Everything you stated was pointless. I stream live action. And I solo que while pooping on premades myself. get your facts straight before you attempt to troll. it makes you look stupid :P
    edited May 2013

Before making posts you should watch my stream. If not than dont talk. I solo enemies base by myself :) 1 v 2 1 v 3 1 v5 (one after another) with no pots. it really amazes me how people can talk so much trash even though they dont have all evidence they need or proof of anything. I stream my pvp live with no editing. People watch me solo que with no lashing blade OR shocking execution and **** on premades by myself. cmon now... surely you have atleast watched the stream before you even attempted to talk right? You see us good players solo que because its boring queing a premade. the only time I que a premade is with viewers that want to play with me. Or when my team wants to 1000 - 0 other premades.

and yes I am that good. I also play on dragon server, there is just a lot of players. Not anyone outstanding. All the best players at their class is on mindflayer. UNless they are hiding forever on dragon.

And to voice your concern. Any smart person would grab a health pot if they can make it back in time to contest a node. If you just let yourself die and let them take the node than I am sorry to say you should not even speak. It is still a team game. not a 1 v 1 game. I just 1 v1 , 1 v 2 1 v 3 because I can. Again try to troll when you have your facts straight, I honestly think you have no PvP history whatsoever.... you talk like you know are confident but your facts and pvp literacy is all wrong... good attempt though.
    edited May 2013
    abe11 wrote: »
    its pay to win they put pugs and premades to geather ill keep looking for a pvp game this will never b 1

Look forward to wildstar. Looks pretty promising