test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• amazingramazingr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    I'd hope they put the AH up when the auction investigation is over. They can just turn off the gateway <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> til they fix it. The problem that was exploited existed in STO. Their browser based interface is the problem.

Ah gotcha. Well I hope they don't kill the Gateway as I use it to screw off at work and work my character's professions lol. I never did much but watch my consignments as far as the AH goes. They can just remove that if they can't fix it.

Though I do wonder if they hired the programmers like Michael Bolton from Office Space: "I must have put a decimal point in the wrong place or something ... I always do that. I always mess up some mundane detail." :D
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    amazingr wrote: »
    Ah gotcha. Well I hope they don't kill the Gateway as I use it to screw off at work and work my character's professions lol. I never did much but watch my consignments as far as the AH goes. They can just remove that if they can't fix it.

Though I do wonder if they hired the programmers like Michael Bolton from Office Space: "I must have put a decimal point in the wrong place or something ... I always do that. I always mess up some mundane detail." :D

The whole gateway needs to be deleted and rebuilt from scratch. Someone already wrote a program that automates the profession and auction house portions.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While we do not have an ETA of when the Auction House will be available again, we do know that it will not be before Thursday, 5/23, Pacific Time.
    Yeah, I'm done.

The lack of being able to purchase items/gear, sell my own, and the loss of money due to the AH going down while I had a bid on my items for 2% of their market value is enough to make me quit this game just as I did with GW2 (TP down for weeks).

All I've been doing since the day of the mass use of the exploit was invoking, setting my professions and standing around in town. I can't enjoy the game anymore.
    edited May 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm done.

The lack of being able to purchase items/gear, sell my own, and the loss of money due to the AH going down while I had a bid on my items for 2% of their market value is enough to make me quit this game just as I did with GW2 (TP down for weeks).

All I've been doing since the day of the mass use of the exploit was invoking, setting my professions and standing around in town. I can't enjoy the game anymore.

They're waiting out the auctions rather then deleting things by the looks of it. Is the max posting time the same as the minimum AH downtime? Wouldn't be surprised.
  • valkyr92valkyr92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What to do, if i had an item in the Auction House. That has been sold before the exploits. But, i got an EMPTY message with JAN 1 date that called: "Your item has been sold". So.. it's and empy one, i cannot recive nothing. The 2 emails worth 130,000 astral diamonds. I can make a picture, if it needed. Can i have an answer, how to solve it?
    I don'T like the drugs, but the drugs like me !
    edited May 2013
    valkyr92 wrote: »
    What to do, if i had an item in the Auction House. That has been sold before the exploits. But, i got an EMPTY message with JAN 1 date that called: "Your item has been sold". So.. it's and empy one, i cannot recive nothing. The 2 emails worth 130,000 astral diamonds. I can make a picture, if it needed. Can i have an answer, how to solve it?

Jan 1? Really?
  • valkyr92valkyr92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jan 1? Really?

Yess... and well it seems crazy.. still waiting for the solve, and no reponse on ticket :(
    I don'T like the drugs, but the drugs like me !
  • amazingramazingr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djarkaan wrote: »
    There is : copy paste their username go to User CP and edit ignore list, add a member to your list, click ok and save changes.

Pure gold!! Thank you thank you!! :)
    edited May 2013
    They're waiting out the auctions rather then deleting things by the looks of it. Is the max posting time the same as the minimum AH downtime? Wouldn't be surprised.

I am interested to see. The Nightmare mount I put up was Friday night I think and I put it for the max of five days. So tonight it would have expired at the earliest. I will have to keep an eye on my email and see if I get one of those emails with the last bid amount or min bid in AD.
  • corpse0grindercorpse0grinder Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eggsn wrote: »
    I believe the rollback was the right idea.

For those who think it is not, take note of my case: As a founder, the deal for the founder's pack is the 5 day access, on top of cool toys. Because of this, knowing there will not be a wipe, I took off 1 vacation day from work to play this game with my spouse for fun because we were so excited. That being said, how are they going to be able to pay for all those time I have spent if they wiped the characters? Should I expect that they will pay me for 1 day's worth of vacation, how are they going to refund me that time? Will they let the founders play 5 days by themselves and then bring in the F2P after and make them wait even longer?

Wipe is just not the right thing to do. They kept their word on what they promised as part of the founder's pack and the service. I'm glad of their decision for the rollback instead of the wipe. It doesn't fix everything but it is the best way for them to have handled that issue in my opinion. I just wished the cape can be made into a costume or something, it looks cool :cool:.

They just need to create a new shard for those who want to start over in a "clean" economy. Founders keep their chars, QQ'ers get their do-over. Everyone's happy.
  • ixsparixspar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    speed2x wrote: »
    If I receive astral diamonds from auction house what will happen to them I just made 1,800,000 AD :(

Looks like you're part of the problem.
  • ixsparixspar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still for a complete wipe; restore Zen from Zen purchases made with real money and restore AD to all original levels of each account based on packs purchased. The game is still in beta so wipes are to be expected. Personally, I would regard each person who isn't willing to do this as suspicious. Other's may have been taken in by gold/AD sellers, but buyer beware especially when making shady purchases.

Better to do it now than when we're six months into the game and discover the economy is hosed. There will be talk about progress made, but people will get over it.
    edited May 2013
    ixspar wrote: »
    Looks like you're part of the problem.

People paying tons of AD for t2 and the seller is part of the problem? Next piece of Timeless I get, should max buyout be 20k?
  • helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Q: When will the Auction House and Astral Diamond Exchange become available?

The Astral Diamond Exchange is currently open, and we're working on bringing the Auction House back up as soon as possible. While we do not have an ETA of when the Auction House will be available again, we do know that it will not be before Thursday, 5/23, Pacific Time.

WHY? This is just lazy and incompetent administration. The entire purpose of the roll-back was to eliminate the exploited transactions...UNLESS; you really didn't fix anything and you are just waiting for the transactions to expire.

Seriously Cryptic, if your pre-launch development strategy is any indication the support once launched, I hope you make enough during beta to pay off your development costs because you won’t be around for long.
    This would have never happened in a REAL MMO beta or not.
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • carnherbcarnherb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I know is, I'm not spending any more money on this game for a long time.
  • brodofragginsbrodofraggins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I won't be playing this game until AH is back up, impossible to progress in gear when my inventory is full of purples I want to sell but can't.
  • starkiller3434starkiller3434 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STILL no updates on Glory. Im beginning to think no one from PWE or Cryptic actually read this anymore.

Oh, and for whoever says wiping would be too punishable because he took one day off from work: what about people who cant afford to take a day off, but have only Sunday out of the 7 weekdays to really play? What about someone who can only farm his gear Sundays and did so, for seven hours on that day? Someone like that would be insanely crippled by a rollback, enough to make them quit the game. Yet, if everyone where wiped, the sting would seem equal to everyone. Cryptic doesnt want to wipe even though it is the safest/fairest course of action. Why? They would lose a lot of subscribers, more then with the rollback. But you know what? Tough ****ing luck. you knew about the exploit, did nothing, and there are consequences to be suffered, sorry. You want to show you are a good company and that you'll take the good decision without regards to profit? Wipe everything.
    Want to be seen as greedy developers trying to scrub this under the rug to be forgotten? Keep at it this way.

Its really too bad, I liked the game itself, the people working on it were doing a good job... Im going to assume its the asshats in charge making the **** decisions.
  • creedgamingcreedgaming Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    STILL no updates on Glory. Im beginning to think no one from PWE or Cryptic actually read this anymore.

Oh, and for whoever says wiping would be too punishable because he took one day off from work: what about people who cant afford to take a day off, but have only Sunday out of the 7 weekdays to really play? What about someone who can only farm his gear Sundays and did so, for seven hours on that day? Someone like that would be insanely crippled by a rollback, enough to make them quit the game. Yet, if everyone where wiped, the sting would seem equal to everyone. Cryptic doesnt want to wipe even though it is the safest/fairest course of action. Why? They would lose a lot of subscribers, more then with the rollback. But you know what? Tough ****ing luck. you knew about the exploit, did nothing, and there are consequences to be suffered, sorry. You want to show you are a good company and that you'll take the good decision without regards to profit? Wipe everything.
    Want to be seen as greedy developers trying to scrub this under the rug to be forgotten? Keep at it this way.

Its really too bad, I liked the game itself, the people working on it were doing a good job... Im going to assume its the asshats in charge making the **** decisions.

A a**hole like this who plays 1 day a week opinion should be worth about the same as Astral Diamonds during the exploiting.... Nothing... We play 7 days a week to level and get to 60 , and you have some broke , grocery bagger at the safeway who doesn't even have the time in his week to play trying to demand a wipe...
    edited May 2013
    Lol, look at this kid trying to make me feel bad for having a busy job: I play everyday, unfortunetly playing under one hour a night doesnt give much time for progress, does it? Your reaction here indicates what type of person you are, and you sir, are a sad little man. Ive been playing MMOS for years, and through all the bugs and exploits, this must be the worse handling ive ever seen... This rollback is a temporary, no, esthetic solution to a real, present problem. It has been happening for a while, before Sunday, so this seven hour rollback, what is it... arbitrary damage control? You sooo not wanting a wipe is actually a little suspicious! Dont wanna lose those gains you made and somehow didint get caught doing?

Im sorry my 6 figure income (witch I assume is chump change to you since Im a broke freeway bagger and all) doesnt give me any credit here, but seeing that a wipe is necessary, and mostly extended downtime to actually COMPLETELY fix the game (ah and such) IS nbecessary. I dont want to level my **** rogue to 60 again, but Id rather do that then keep playing it broken.

Lastly, I would hate to have **** people like you playing my game, but hey, thank god Im not in charge right?
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just need to create a new shard for those who want to start over in a "clean" economy. Founders keep their chars, QQ'ers get their do-over. Everyone's happy.

and zen is reset to accounts of people stupid enough to turn it into diamonds before all of this stuff came out into the open. no one should take a loss on zen bought with real money neither through ****ty conversions or having to abandon the ad on the other server. weeks back i converted most of my zen assuming as the game settled in conversion rates might go down a little and I could have a little bit of extra zen, totally the opposite as it hasn't gone below 400-420 at 'best' for the diamond to zen even after the servers came up. which was expected by anyone with any sense, there's no way everyone lost much with dozens of mule accounts. a new server though, if my zen was restored for as much as i paid for and my old server characters were wiped clean, then I could definitely deal with that it would be the same thing as a wipe for me basically so long as I could spend the zen I paid for again.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • alaazxxcalaazxxc Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    WHY?
    This would have never happened in a REAL MMO beta or not.

ohh so you did not play Diablo 3
  • creedgamingcreedgaming Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Lol, look at this kid trying to make me feel bad for having a busy job: I play everyday, unfortunetly playing under one hour a night doesnt give much time for progress, does it? Your reaction here indicates what type of person you are, and you sir, are a sad little man. Ive been playing MMOS for years, and through all the bugs and exploits, this must be the worse handling ive ever seen... This rollback is a temporary, no, esthetic solution to a real, present problem. It has been happening for a while, before Sunday, so this seven hour rollback, what is it... arbitrary damage control? You sooo not wanting a wipe is actually a little suspicious! Dont wanna lose those gains you made and somehow didint get caught doing?

Im sorry my 6 figure income (witch I assume is chump change to you since Im a broke freeway bagger and all) doesnt give me any credit here, but seeing that a wipe is necessary, and mostly extended downtime to actually COMPLETELY fix the game (ah and such) IS nbecessary. I dont want to level my **** rogue to 60 again, but Id rather do that then keep playing it broken.

Lastly, I would hate to have **** people like you playing my game, but hey, thank god Im not in charge right?

Get back to work
    edited May 2013
    Haha, Ill take that as admitance of your stupidity. Have a nice day, I have to go work.
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What additional steps are being taken to help bring the economy back to normal? Clearly it's not doing it on its own, with Zen / Ad exchange still over 400 AD to 1 Zen. Right now it costs almost 50k AD for a lockbox key. So for Founders 600k AD thats only 12 keys... not sure that is what was expected.

And the players that used the exploit of knocking the bosses off and farming instances with 1 hit 1 kill? And the boss respawn because being able to reset the boss without having to rerun the entire zone again?

You obviously can't control the market because it is player based afterall, but you CAN control the Zen shop. What consideration has been given to adjusting the Zen Shop to reflect the change in the market due to this, known since beta bug that has ruined the economy at this point?
  • cho83cho83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry I'm new to this problem u had pass few days because I was not so active on forum and in game ,got a lot of work irl.
    But what I read till this point bunch of people spamming lot of funny things ,angry or ignorant accusing devs and PW of some kind of fraud, not being responsible and fair to the customers and I really don't know what the hell are they talking about...
    I mean how can you accuse someone being greedy when they made u a FREE TO PLAY game ?
    They jumped from their own pocket for missing this crucial error in debugging the code for Auction House and hurt them much more then anyone else ...it's in their interest to have a solid economy so they can profit from it ....and Yes ofc they wana profit from the project they made with passion so people around the globe can play D'n'D saga online with their friends and make a new ones via guilds etc.
    Can't change the world I know but I wish more people would appreciate some ones hard work to provide them fun ....
    Yes games is all about fun ...who would say ....
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A robust package? It is actually another piece of garbage. A robust package would include a bag of holding or adventurer knapsack. THE AUCTION HOUSE IS STILL DOWN AND I AM RUNNING OUT OF SPACE FOR PURPLE STUFF. Now there are tons of people spamming as well. This game is becoming a waste of time simply because this bug could have been prevented by including the fix from STO. This bug occurred some time ago in STO and was repaired. Get your act together programmers and stop being lazy. The economy is still messed up because the rollback was not far enough either. A wipe with full refund of Zen would have been better. The company would not have lost money because everything the Zen was spent on would have been deleted.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • silvriquesilvrique Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really miss the auction house. When will this be back? My inventory and bank is full of stuff to sell and I am out of space! I already spent a ton of zen on new bags and bank slots because of this!
  • randomone777randomone777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silvrique wrote: »
    I really miss the auction house. When will this be back? My inventory and bank is full of stuff to sell and I am out of space! I already spent a ton of zen on new bags and bank slots because of this!

The snark side of me wants to say, "You just answered your own question... you spent a ton of zen on new bags/bank slots."

But the realist in me says, "I'm sure they're working on it and will tell us more soon."

It would be nice to have an update and ETA on the auction house, though... I, too, am running out of space and unwilling to sell at a loss to the merchants. On the other hand, I'm not willing to sink more into bank and bag slots.

I'm probably going to stop playing until it's back online.
    Maniacal mage making magical messes; mercifully, made mostly of menaces.

Helpful links:

Morbic's channel list
    - Guide - Custom Channels and List
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sorry my 6 figure income (witch I assume is chump change to you since Im a broke freeway bagger and all)

Never known anyone who bragged about their income on the internet to be actually telling the truth.

In any case a 6 figure salary WILL BE chump change to some people here, so should that mean their views are automatically superior to yours?
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm.... PW / Cryptic...

Can you explain this ?

http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.