test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• phingersphingers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ctdummy80 wrote: »
    By the way... I hope the guy who made $6000 selling to third parties remembers to claim it on his taxes... if not it's gonna suck for him the way the IRS is coming after people now.

As long as he doesn't run a political organization and apply as a non-profit he should be good.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what is the est final time for servers coming back on line. I need to invoke before I fall asleep at the keyboarfxdsaxsssssssssssss
  • moonbamoonba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    I have the founder's pack and used some of my legit AD to buy Zen during the weekend.

Sadly, I discovered that the exchange rate (roughly 450 AD per Zen) was actually seriously exagerated due to the AD exploit that has been affecting the economy for some time.

I tried selling the Zen I got on sunday to get my original AD back but the rollback will erase all that...

So my question is : what happens to players that were affected *indirectly* by this AD exploit ?
  • scarmoryscarmory Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm actually talking about both. Whether you spend your real money on websites to help you level your char or to buy ZEN coins...And then you complain when <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hits the fan as in like today's downtime.. Then go blame yourself. Don't blame the DEVS or anyone else... To answer your curiousity, seriously.. WHY SPEND MONEY ON A BETA?? Whether it's closed or open? When the game is properly released, that's when you SPEND your money.. otherwise you're just a fool for whinning and complaining. That's where I was going at.
    gulthuk wrote: »
    Scarmory I am curious are you talking about using real money as in buying gold/ad from a site or as in dropping some cash on founders packs and ZEN? I certainly agree its Ludacris to buy currency from sites for a free game but buying zen I would say is in no way bad at all. I like the game I want it to thrive and honestly I can think of plenty of worse things to blow a small amount of my disposable income on then getting random items off the ZEN market and supporting a game I truly enjoy. Which like you hasn't really been the case since vanilla wow.
  • haranded1haranded1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** i leveled up yesterday !!!!

hope your package doesnt disappoint me..should be atleast worth my time !

H@r@
  • mirimeromirimero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    I recognize that avatar from Twitter. :) Rest assured, the issue has been corrected and we have taken appropriate action against all players who took advantage of the bug, including but not limited to enforcing permanent bans.

(copied from the announcement)

According to people posting on a very popular exploit website (which i won't mention), at least 6 different individuals who used this exploit only got banned on the account that they actually used to perform the exploit but the accounts that they sent all the AD/items to are still unbanned. Obviously the rollback will remove most of the illegitimate AD/items, however there are a bunch of people that were doing this exploit weeks ago that never got banned and still have all their duped AD/items. I'm not sure how detailed your logs are, but please consider looking for the accounts that people used to launder their AD through and ban them and remove that AD from the economy too.
  • sykotikkytensykotikkyten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But i don't mind any of the other messages in chat. i just want the raid warning spam to stop.>_<
  • riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont care much one way or another... just playing this until Wildstar gets released :D
  • marumarimarumari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • nibby75nibby75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe that's because a lot of people didn't activate the Forum Account till today to see what was going on and weigh in, May 2013 is also when most people started playing it since it wasn't open till the 30. Not everyone was in the closed beta and not everyone uses the forums until something like this happens and they want to weigh in.

Exactly. Just because someone's join date is this month doesn't mean a thing.
  • bobnobobbobnobob Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genryu20 wrote: »
    STFU lol No one ignored any of it.

What a nice, well argumented reply.
  • fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    torvina wrote: »
    so i might have missed this.. but what about the stuff we have on the ah will that be lost or will all be there when the ah is brought back up?

Sigh. Your account will be reverted to its state before the exploit. If you had the item listed after 5:20, it will be in the inventory slot it was in before you listed it. If you listed it before then, it will be in your mailbox as an expired sale if the sale isn't still active.
  • blizzardof72blizzardof72 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    I recognize that avatar from Twitter. :) Rest assured, the issue has been corrected and we have taken appropriate action against all players who took advantage of the bug, including but not limited to enforcing permanent bans.

(copied from the announcement)

What about people who used it since closed beta? 7 hour roll back is a joke to people that have used it for well over a month.
  • taketurbinetaketurbine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Many donators feels that their donations are stolen! And we are in fear thay you can't clear all explited items.
    Previous exploits also hit hard your donations! And they were hitted so hard, that WE WANT full wipe to RESTORE IN-GAME COST of our dotaions. And you make such ridiculous thing like 7h rollback to make happy crying none-donators. We PAY you! Not them! You should listen us. You can make a poll to all donators and then count.
  • zerkrage22zerkrage22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will the Server be online? (boring right now)
  • gonnymgonnym Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happens with the objects that we are selling in the AH? There is less time to sell them.
    Also would be good to have an ETA, there are many people that yesterday they could have played for a longer time that they're going to do today...
  • estoicomioestoicomio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the token of apreciate got retrainint token
  • tujunitujuni Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I and my friends just started to play this game, but as i see that this exploit exists and is known since closed beta and nothing is done about it we decided not to invest a single dime into this game. The only way to fix this is a complete wipe....
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    So what is the est final time for servers coming back on line. I need to invoke before I fall asleep at the keyboarfxdsaxsssssssssssss

Reposting for an eta.
  • konnerkonner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Cryptic for not having to result in a character wipe. It sucks with the 7 hour roll back, because I was JUST about to be able to buy my last piece of pvp gear. This is the greatest game I've played in a long time, and "Cryptic Studios" hasn't always had the best name around, when it came to me. But I absolutely love neverwinter. Even STO, and CO has improved. I bought the CO box at a store the other day, got 30 days of gold for my account (It added as a time card) and gave me 1000 zen free. Well worth my 5 dollars. Considering doing the same for STO, since it's only 7 bucks there, where I got champions. Again, thanks for fixing the problem.
    My in-game handle is @Ishamii and my STO/CO handle is @konner920 if you wanna add me on anything.

Shard: Beholder

Characters: Ishami (GWF level 60, geared for pvp) waiting for the Ranger class to be added

Neverwinter FTW
  • cerb3ru5cerb3ru5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What if I sold items for AD on the AH? I'm going to lose all my astral diamonds?

I made a big sale.
  • blizzardof72blizzardof72 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Wow!!! You have to be either the biggest exploiter around or serious fanboy/employee i've ever seen!!
    genryu20 wrote: »
    STFU lol No one ignored any of it.
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    According to people posting on a very popular exploit website (which i won't mention), at least 6 different individuals who used this exploit only got banned on the account that they actually used to perform the exploit but the accounts that they sent all the AD/items to are still unbanned. Obviously the rollback will remove most of the illegitimate AD/items, however there are a bunch of people that were doing this exploit weeks ago that never got banned and still have all their duped AD/items. I'm not sure how detailed your logs are, but please consider looking for the accounts that people used to launder their AD through and ban them and remove that AD from the economy too.

This is why they said in the Q&A... that they put at the beginning of this thread... That this will handle the majority of the problem and the rest will be dealt with on an account by account basis as they continue to research the issue.
  • methodforumsmethodforums Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can i get my Forum stats To Say "Guardian" i bought that pack a week ago.
  • animus976animus976 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got an epic from a t2 dungeon right before servers went down....that was a hard run and took a long time...these packs better have something good in them or im going to have to take my business elsewhere
  • scarmoryscarmory Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHY WOULD YOU USE REAL MONEY DURING A BETA PHASE??? Where's the logic in that? Personally I would use real money when the game is properly released and it is not in beta form.
    redlance wrote: »
    If people won't use real money on the in game shop, game will not earn profits and game development and maintenance will be stopped. Are you really to blame who is supporting the development of the game? Thanks to them, you can play for free... There is no FREE to play game, it's only a game where you can play without buying box or paying a monthly fee, but has micro-transactions (in game store) to earn profits.
    Software Houses have to make profit or go bankrupt
  • ebloodzebloodz Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well, I completely missed the exploiting, I was happily dungeon delving at the time.

I hope the gift package includes a respec token, that would make me happier than (almost) any amount of AD.
  • mddoughtsmddoughts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drexl420 wrote: »
    Word. Thank god I pirate all my games and play only F2P online games. LOL at the idiots who actually pay for their games.

I pay for my games because I like my game developers to be able to feed their families. I like to pay for the content that I get because it means I might get more content like it later.
  • genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    bobnobob wrote: »
    What a nice, well argumented reply.

I know right? xD Im tired of wasting my breath/ typing on you people who dont listen and make sh*t up lol.
This discussion has been closed.