Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, please fix Rogues that are so OP.
  • Options
    noezznoezz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I chargd some zen and opened some boxes once again too earlier on sunday afternoon (CET)
    and had finally the Heavy Inferno Nightmare mount in one of them, along with a phoera and some enchantmentboxes.
    I get the zen back thats no problem and I also could care less about the phoera and the enchantmentboxes,
    but the Heavy Inferno Nightmare... man...you get lucky once and then a rollback is takin it all away from you again due to some
    idiots using exploits... QQ pls find a way to replace the mount again if its any possible...

Btw thx for the good twitter updates, and also thx for addressing this exploit issue quick when **** went downhill :D

EDIT: the quote a few posts above somehow didnt work properly lol xD
  • Options
    tannisstanniss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so no real eta on when servers will be back up ?
  • Options
    ferventfervent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    What happened to no roll back?

They said no wipe, not no rollback. They stand true!
  • Options
    fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cyrsia wrote: »
    no sir, just lvling with the normal quests, if u rush its easy to lvl fast in 2-3 days;)

I was "rushing" myself and it took me quite a bit longer than 7 hours to get those last six levels through normal questing means. I guess maybe if you had the AD to waste on BiS gear for every level you might be a little faster than my green machine.... but certainly not that fast. I guess maybe if you had a 110 mount too, I was only riding a 50.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    isn `t it possible to keep dungeon drops ?
    guess not and that`s easier for a global rollback, but ok since dungeon had nothing to do with it, it would have been great if items from dungeons wouldn`t be deleted.
  • Options
    tazman3002tazman3002 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will the servers be back up? Any estimates?
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Are you kidding. He looks like Bond right now. He screwed over gold sellers. Despite the fact that everyone else suffered minor inconveniences, this man is a hero to F2P games everywhere. He is a martyr and his account will be gone, but the fact that he stuck it to a bunch of gold sellers whose accounts will most likely be banned is a benefit to PWE. If developers would actually do this on purpose, and have a player duping and selling to a gold seller only to wipe out their accounts for breaking rules it would be the ultimate deterrent to 3rd party sales.

****I'm getting sick of my replies not showing up with quotes because it has me in the wrong response window. This was a response to the guy making $6000 looking like a bond villain.
  • Options
    affdeusaffdeus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    XP Booster inc!

/dream_off
  • Options
    storyboardherostoryboardhero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the "mule" accounts the exploiters used to transfer their newly acquired AD?
  • Options
    gulthukgulthuk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lnsur wrote: »
    I'll tell you one thing: I don't think the devs and mods are OK with the idea that some people got over 6000-8000$ selling AD to webs and these webs to normal people.

I quite agree lol. That is a crappy thing. It is unfortunate that this exploit occurred and has been around a long time and in previous renditions. Chances are they probably have been actively banning accounts the whole time for that exact issue. And now that its grown to astronomical proportions they are now doing much stricter and public fixes.

A lot of people on here are up in arms that this happened and are threatening quitting. I get it but I also don't really see it as a big deal. Any mmo has the economy ruined at least once a year from gold exploiters. I mean wow eq ddo these are all examples where this type of thing happens non stop. It is a hazard of playing an mmo. There will be people who will find ways to cheat and make money illegally off of this.

I am a bit sad about the lost crafting time and such but to be honest its 7 hours yeah that doesn't fix all the damage but the majority of peoples characters are a week or two old at most. Now if they did a roll back to say the week before open beta that means that 80%+ of the current active accounts would lose everything. So this is as reasonable a fix as one can hope for. All in all yes ive invested money in this game and will continue to do so iif for no other reason than the fact that the dev team is working so hard to insure as fair and reasonable a fix to this as they can and as per the fact that they have kept us well up to date every step of the way.
  • Options
    nova1690nova1690 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like this and it should work hopefully, it seems a fair way to work things.

My only concern is, with the exploit going on considerably longer than 7 hours for a few people before it went viral so to speak, the dev's will have to put a LOT of work in tracking AD transactions, finding every negative auction, checking every account that made one, every account that bought/sold to them and such.

If the dev's are going to put in that much work and not just fix the problem and roll back 7 hours to sweep things under the carpet, then I'm happy and I'm sure quite a few others will be as well.

For me, this is good, but only if the dev's do things correctly over the next few days and weed out all the selfish morons who exploited the game.
  • Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    even tho your right he could go in court for violating a contract, you should read the felony word in a dictionary

While contract violation wouldn't necessarily get him a felony charge, hacking/unauthorized use of a computer/computer network IS a felony charge.

Which reminds me, there's US lawmakers trying to get the anti-hacking act broadened (in the name of security, of course) so you could be sued/arrested for violating the ToS of a website (say, using a psuedonym on your facebook/google+ account)
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    talkiz0rtalkiz0r Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tehcly1 wrote: »
    I think this sums up the situation perfectly, if anyone is wondering what the final result of all this will be.

http://i.imgur.com/MjqjocV.jpg

till ppl buy 200$ packs, and shtloads of zen > pwi WIN.
  • Options
    abelcoeurdacierabelcoeurdacier Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, please fix Rogues that are so OP.
    lol nice try,but each things his time.
  • Options
    fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shajib1234 wrote: »
    felony charges for exploiting a game lol, you got to be kidding.

If they could actually link your account to you in real life, these are actually actions that would end up with a felony charge. It is illegal to do these things.
  • Options
    kassadiskassadis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of the positive feedback are from new accounts may 2013 rofl!?
  • Options
    jennchantjennchant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... I just created my first character this morning and if the rollback is complete then I will loose everything? Will I still be eligible for the thank you pack?
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    affdeus wrote: »
    XP Booster inc!

/dream_off

That is one of the items Cryptic should include in the package gift they'll be giving out. XP boosters to those that lost levels due to roll back.
  • Options
    lexabelllexabell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted an ETA on servers being up. =D
  • Options
    mandrabmandrab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only joined this game at the 18th. Managed to get to lvl 20, epic horse from the lock box and over all, very pleased with my character. Have read over some of the complaints here and I would tell you, from an experienced players point of view, this action is better than not doing any thing, or do as SOE did with SWG.
    Every time they had a rollback (mind you, that game where not in beta, it was live and had been for some time), they gave the players 2x, 3x, 4x the xp to compensate for rollbacks. It ruined the game really, since that game had an alpha class that needed lots of xp.
    Some players in that game duped money through an exploit. The duped money where not removed from the economy and it made a mess of the economy until the end.

So i am glad they do this and do a rollback, so that every one now and in the future start and continues on the same lvl field.

Keep up the good work. The game it self feel a bit like SW:TOR/WoWish and at the same time not. Its as far from a sandbox you can get, but i still look forward to see what this game can bring.
  • Options
    noshiznoshiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for keep us updated.
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    swedishtrexswedishtrex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sofademon wrote: »
    Please dial down the idiocy. If you had actually read the post you would know that more than 99% of the exploit occurrences were in those 7 hours, and the ones before that are being dealt with on and individual account basis.

As far as "not actually punishing" those using the exploit, did you miss the part about permanent bans? And as for design implementation, unless you are professional programmer who has worked on products of this scale, please just shut up. You sound like a self entitled dip. They had the Auction House and AD exchange off within hours of this coming to light, pulled in everyone on their team on a weekend, and devised a plan of action in less than a day. Considering the scope of what they are dealing this I find that impressive.

what this guy said, we should copy paste this answer to everyone of you numpties out there who keep qqing about same stuff they already answered in the faq.

And seriously people threatening to try todo charge backs ? seriously untwist your panties already, nerd raging is verry old.
  • Options
    kaliestiaraynekaliestiarayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's really simple... I don't see how people can't understand a rollback... It's almost like you never logged in in that time... hit the rewind button on your toons till the rollback time... I don't see how you need this explained any further... anything you did in that time is gone... yes, it sucks, but oh look, unlike most companies, they're giving us all free stuff... on top of the umpteen billion appologies ... free stuff they didn't have to give us... don't get erked by the company having to roll everyone back and loosing a days worth of gaming... be erked at the jerks and morons who took advantage of a bug and put us all here in the first place. Really simple.
  • Options
    fallenweeblefallenweeble Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the way to day one. If this really is a beta, that shouldn't be a problem. Let people keep their Zen they bought with real money, and let it go from there.
  • Options
    vinchonctvinchonct Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    evilmasta1 wrote: »
    I love how people are attacking other people for spending money on a game.

NEWSFLASH

If PWI isn't making money off of people, Then they couldn't maintain the free game ya'll are playing. Without people spending money in the cash shop, you couldn't even play the game.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with spending money on an mmo. I mean I have but not up to $450.
  • Options
    smurph115smurph115 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was chat banned around the time of the rollback. Tried to make a ticket but it didn't work. It was for an entire day. Will I have to wait an entire day AGAIN? Thanks. Also...make the chat bans scale please. 5min/10min/25min/1hour/3hours/6hours/12hours/1day plz.
  • Options
    dukkhardukkhar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First I much say, I'm very impressed by the information from the company. Usually it feels like gamecompanies only communicate when they have something positive to say and shut up as soon as there are any troubles.

My concern is the celestial coins, I have 5 characters and 3 of them reached 7 yesterday so I traded them in. I don't care if I loose 1 coin, but I`m afraid I will loose all of them since I`m at work and will not get be able to pray for another 8 hours.
  • Options
    zerkrage22zerkrage22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol c'mon start up the game I'm bore, -.-
  • Options
    tswericreedtswericreed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For a Question and Answers Fourm; This seem to be more about the news. Whatever They are planning we need patience and wait. When they are finished we will be able to play again. Be Patience and let people Ask the Questions of OP.
This discussion has been closed.