FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

1235761

Comments

  • cyrcle
    cyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Our hope is that the majority of currency that was gained illegitimately was removed from the game.

    Wait, wait, wait. Now you HOPE? I thought you KNEW that this roll back will remove all the illegitimate currency.
  • commissarmike
    commissarmike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really happy the Foundry stuff wasn't rolled back. I spent like 8 hours on it last night/early AM.
  • js3b
    js3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its 3 day exploiting, and they rollback 18h.. wow ...
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision


  • sectirious
    sectirious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe One Free Respec token in the gift pack? :P But thanks for the update ^_^
  • sykotikkyten
    sykotikkyten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm really really disappointed so far in this thread. Two questions, ones that aren't even that needing of an answer immediately, were answered. And that's it so far. The really pertinent, important, big questions are just being ignored. Why.
  • drexl420
    drexl420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genryu20 wrote: »
    LMAO all you people are too funny. Seriously why would anyone drop hundreds of dollars into a game period? Let alone one thats just starting out, coming out of testing beta. People just want something to complain over

    Word. Thank god I pirate all my games and play only F2P online games. LOL at the idiots who actually pay for their games.
  • gavynne
    gavynne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about any items that users may of had posted on the AH... will we at least be able to get them back to sell for coin during this time?
  • brendoverrr
    brendoverrr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with dnh2, I started playing this game and fell in love with it and I wanted to support this game that i enjoy so much. but looking at the two million astral diamonds i received. which sounded astronomical, turns out to be completely out of tune with the economy. some items are way to cheap... and some things are expensive. exmaple being you can purchase a full set of scavenger armour for less than 50k astral diamonds, but one purple belt with an augment in it costs 3 million. it's completely imbalanced and is concerning.

    I still love the game, i just wish you guys had responded to the exploit when it began. not when your servers were rampant with explotations.
    dnh2 wrote: »
    It really annoys me that I paid real money for this game and even with this rollback, other players are able to make millions of times more than me by cheating. Really makes me think twice about ever spending money in an online game again.

    Oh well, I guess it's a good start to cleaning up the mess.. but I personally don't feel it's worth the risk to spend money on this game. My confidence is gone.
    ~There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side~
  • vampero
    vampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great post ! Thanks for all the info and being truthful !! :cool:
  • raritylol
    raritylol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm fairly certain this bug existed prior to may 19th. Also the 1 shot bug which also hurt the market due to the spam post of high quality gear on the AH existed weeks prior. What are you going to do about the overpowered gear that was sold prior to may 19th that was only obtained due to bugs and exploits? People made thousands of dollars off of this exploit, that amount of selling doesn't happen over the course of one day. If something like this is to be done it should be done correctly so nobody gets benefits from exploiters.
  • zylaxx
    zylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Our hope is that the majority of currency that was gained illegitimately was removed from the game.



    Instead of "hoping" all illegitimate currency is removed (which we know it will not be because this bug is more then 7 hour old and the economy is irrevocablly damaged) why not "INSURE" all illegitimate currency is removed and completely wipe the servers. This decision boggles my mind and will not fix it since we all know this bug has been going on since the game went open beta.

    Seriously considering quitting because of this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • stonew00t
    stonew00t Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... if they dont do IP bans they will just come back and cause trouble.. gold sellers should get IP ban also.. would make life easy.. and the list of fake proxy's are out there online add them to the auto ban list lol. i am SO sick of gold sellers we need to band together to fight them!
  • rustedheartz
    rustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope we don't lose the packs purchased after that time and the respecs.
  • aqchris
    aqchris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where do I turn for a refund?

    Not only will I be losing 20 levels on a game I hardly get enough time to play, yesterday was one of those days where I got the time to actually play and now I will be losing those 20 levels.

    Hench spending the money I've done on this game for nothing. No where did it say "Spend money on foundry pack and Zen market then get all the time you spent on the game reverted".
  • vivinana
    vivinana Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so we dont get a full wipe.
    ok.
    fine.
    whatever.

    can we have a new server that wasnt affected by the exploit?
    i dont care at all if it means re-rolling. leveling isnt that hard. judging by the number of people posting about wanting a wipe i think it's safe to say a lot of others wont mind re-rolling either.

    CAN WE HAVE A NEW SERVER PLEASE?
  • icehandfrosti
    icehandfrosti Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d3war wrote: »
    How are you planning to handle the religion tokens that may have been lost during this time? IE, you require us to log in and pray every 28 hours to keep our tokens, but a large portion of prime time was lost today, as well as the fact that the server revert will have put me back to before I prayed this morning.

    +1 I would like to know this as well
    NW-DULDNU5HG - A New Evil. ~15min Healthy balance of story and action.

    @Daranar
    Adriana - 41 Control Wizard - 10 Tailor - 4 Leader - Mindflayer
    Daranar - 6 Guadian Fighter - Mindflayer
  • xilinear
    xilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mulej.png
  • gambitclick
    gambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Q: What happened?

    A: Early Sunday morning a very small group of players discovered and abused a game exploit within the Neverwinter Open Beta that affected the Auction House and Astral Diamonds.

    It wasn't "a very small group of players." There were hundreds, if not thousands of players posting negative amounts on the AH for millions to exploit this bug Sunday morning. Also, the exploit started getting more widespread Saturday night, not Sunday morning. You're rolling back to the bare minimum period so that your playerbase will cry less about losing their progress. However, the servers needs to be rolled back to Friday.

    You didn't say what is going to happen to those who exploited this bug from day 1... You know, the people who already have hundreds of millions and in certain cases, billions of AD. They already sold their AD to RMT sites and are laughing at your "plan" of action right now. This isn't a recent phenomenon so please don't act like this bug popped up out of nowhere and was discovered and abused by "a very small group of players." They need to be perma-banned and you need to assure us they are going to punished severely for their actions.
  • magilzeal
    magilzeal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Great! Now, about all the people who amassed fortunes using this exploit before 5am today...
    Rise of the Fell King - A Forgotten Realms campaign (work in progress) NWS-DS38FJ5R8
    Part One: The Fell Cavern (looking for feedback!) NW-DTWX9RBQH
    Hopefully more to come!


  • aqthedruid
    aqthedruid Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a question. I made a Neverwinter account a while ago but I just downloaded the game last night, I was going to play it today but cause of the problem I was unable to. Will I still get the ingame thank you or no?
  • eggylisk99
    eggylisk99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Answered-
  • divineding
    divineding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    u know the easiest thing to do is to ban those who exploited since the beginnings give them a permanent ban . These will remove their ADs which broke the economy from the market. You have all the logs You do know who has alot of ADs and you do know if these ADs are from legitimate sources.
  • soleone
    soleone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Instead of "hoping" all illegitimate currency is removed (which we know it will not be because this bug is more then 7 hour old and the economy is irrevocablly damaged) why not "INSURE" all illegitimate currency is removed and completely wipe the servers. This decision boggles my mind and will not fix it since we all know this bug has been going on since the game went open beta.

    Seriously considering quitting because of this!

    I'm considering quitting too.. and charging back a lot of money...
  • erin93
    erin93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about glory gain? Was that reverted to the reset time as well, I assume? :< At least it wasn't too far of a rollback though..
  • jaecern
    jaecern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Niceness! Now I can get back to my Neverwinter life. Yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teekaynine
    teekaynine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not happy right now. Going away for a week (no net) so spent all last night grinding and farmed myself a sick rare sword just to find it went all for naught. 5 hours of my life totally wasted by some jerks. btw I actually spend money on this game too >:/
  • woodlandwoods1
    woodlandwoods1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, we get to look forward to having rollbacks every time something like this happens?

    I can kiss that Phoera that I got yesterday goodbye.
    The gift better be damned good.
  • spongeylicious
    spongeylicious Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope the gift is a cat.

    That would be excellent!

    I'm just happy we have a resolution to the problem -- even if it has been there since release at least there is something done about it and we can finally move the f$@^ on...

    Excellent work team! =D
  • stonew00t
    stonew00t Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Instead of "hoping" all illegitimate currency is removed (which we know it will not be because this bug is more then 7 hour old and the economy is irrevocablly damaged) why not "INSURE" all illegitimate currency is removed and completely wipe the servers. This decision boggles my mind and will not fix it since we all know this bug has been going on since the game went open beta.

    Seriously considering quitting because of this!

    IF they keep wiping it then why have it in beta? WORST CASE they fix a ton of problems before full game and THEN HAVE TO WIPE. all real life bought zen returned and we get over it that we have to do it again... but i disagree witha wipe YET only LATER once they find more glitches like this that affect the game or else we could be wiping every month till they are all found!
  • brendoverrr
    brendoverrr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Majority yes, but without either completely wiping the game or going back to when the exploit first started. the economy is still going to be out of whack. It would be nice to see a little more support from the developers for their players. especially those players that paid to support the developers.
    ~There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side~
This discussion has been closed.