What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    himemidplzhimemidplz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why couldn't you do a partial transaction rollback only for the exploiters and the ppl who had interacted with them ? It was feasible, and everyone would've been happy...
  • Options
    divinedingdivineding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how bout the exploiters? were they dealt with? I think this is the most impt question? A server rollback to 7 hrs but exploiters allowed to free reign?
  • Options
    t3abagg3dt3abagg3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i claimed a founders pack today on my 3rd build...which was a lvl 10 drow GF at the time of crash...since i already claimed those items what will happen to them? :(
  • Options
    sizzurpersizzurper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so when will the servers be back up so I can grind back all the levels I lost?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Now if only this rollback was done earlier with the GF exploits as well, the game would've been perfect..
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    kulsveinkulsvein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good decision, if a little tardy, however i guess it was a Sunday_) when deciding what to send us, nothing combat related please, or cosmetic. Maybe a little proffession love? or even a 12 slot bag?
    The stupid questions are the ones you do not ask;)
  • Options
    dannymccoydannymccoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    What will happen to the "small group of players?"
    PLEASE PLEASE do the right thing and permaban these scumbags, after all, regardless of root cause (your code), they purposely bought the game economy down and ultimately cost 10000s of people progress.

PERMANENT BAN is the only response. Very unlikely these idiots spend RL cash anyway, so no reason to keep them for that ;)

The strongest thing you can do now for your community is to send a message that permanent bans will be in effect

thanks
  • Options
    darthokdarthok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info! The rollback time is way less than I expected. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    iamtreaveiamtreave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally got my avatar of war boots from Frozen heart, plus i sold stuff yesterday...Im down almost 1.2 mill Ad :/
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happened to no roll back?

I've seem them say no wipes. I have never seen them say no roll backs.
  • Options
    ctrlaltgeekctrlaltgeek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtfwuzat wrote: »
    Amazing how much information they DO provide, yet an eta is still nowhere to be found.

learn to read
  • Options
    tyeztyez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks guys
  • Options
    tooonetwotooonetwo Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Why this wasn't done with every other exploit I have no idea.. your team labels it as a beta and treats it as live. There is a massive list of exploits that have been going on during this "beta". It is about time you actually take the servers offline and fix something rather than turning your cheek, so you can continue to cash in from the zen shop, but the in game economy goes to hell. Epic set pieces selling for 5k AD's is just plain stupid, but thanks for not addressing that.
  • Options
    dunecandunecan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds good guys
  • Options
    frayofrayo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What will happen to all the items that were on the AH as of 5:20 last night? I had some stuff up there that I am rather fond of.
    4QRF0.gif
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I purchased a Founders pack after May 19 5:00 AM, will I have everything intact from the pack?
  • Options
    additionalpyloadditionalpylo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about accounts and characters created during this time? Also, I find it ludicrous that the rollback is 7 hours and no mention is being made of the select few that knew about this beforehand. There are posts all over the internet (cough, reddit, cough) with players claiming to have earned thousands of dollars in real money by abusing this and similar exploits for weeks now. Are these perps being singled out and identified? Are mule accounts by the 'real' exploiters being searched for? All that is happening now is punishment and reset of the dumb majority that found out because the bug was leaked and spread like wildfire, but what about those who are much more involved with this kind of activity?
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Q: What happened?

A: Early Sunday morning a very small group of players discovered and abused a game exploit within the Neverwinter Open Beta that affected the Auction House and Astral Diamonds.

Sorry to break this to you but this was happening for more than 2 days prior to Sunday. There are even posts on reddit with a screenshot on Saturday. I submitted a ticket mid last week about negative bid values and negative dates in the ingame tickets and got that the issue was marked resolved. Please no need to BS!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aanuun wrote: »
    We were told, time again, there would be no rollback. And here we are. This was in closed beta, and has been reported. This was in Star Trek Online.

We were told no server wipes. That's completely different than a rollback. A wipe is a totally clearing. A rollback is to a specific period in time. I think 7 hours is a decent compromise. I will lose a bit of progress but nothing that can't be made up quickly.
  • Options
    jamesbessjamesbess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am confused (it happens easily), but everywhere you look (twitter, facebook, reddit...) you see people talk about this exploit being know and used by many for weeks now. from what most say it blew up big-time more than 7 hours before servers were shut down. Is the 7 hr determination coming from when people cleaned out the AD exchange only? It just seems that 7 hours is a little too short of a time to roll-back and that tons of AD will still be left in game.
  • Options
    liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow.. this is a surprisingly small change. very little damage.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ad%20exploit.png

i say give us this shirt as an in game item. I didn't make it but i found it on the neverwinter twitter feed.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am kinda confused by this 7 hour rollback. Even discounting the fact that people have apparantly been abusing the exploit on a much smaller scale since closed betas it still started long before that.

If I am getting my timezones right 5am pdt would be about 1pm gmt, but Dragon was seeing the zen market being bought out completely over and over again from about 5 hours before that.
  • Options
    radiodreadradiodread Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That rollback is not nearly far enough.

My buddy and I watched the exchange going through all sorts of crazy fluctuations (talking hundreds of AD in price) before midnight PST. There was shenanigans way before 5am.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I'm getting a package, and my Foundry progress will not be lost. I am a happy camper. Thanks a lot, devs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This I can live with. Good thing I was at work for that time period and I will be unaffected. Now to wait for the server to come back up.
  • Options
    amateurgaminamateurgamin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the hire/train things for our professions? 8 hours is kind of a loooong time to wait all over again. Or is that something that's gonna be covered in the box as well?
  • Options
    aanuunaanuun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This exploit has been around and abused since open beta began. Perhaps not to the extent it was this weekend, but it still has been out there, having a negative impact on the economy since the start. Why are you only focusing on the damage done today only when the sum total impact of this exploit since beta began has surely been similar or even worse?

Were you the one who posted on reddit about your tickets getting "lost"? @edgenw
  • Options
    mrkiomrkio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q: But... I won the Armored Nightmare from a lockbox! I'll never get that lucky again!

A: We know how much that would sting. We are looking into ways we can make it better, but we don’t have an exact plan yet. Stay tuned and keep checking here for updates.

LOL cause that's exactly what happened to me... zzzz Armored Inferno along with 4 epic enchantments, sigh, guess we'll see what craptastic replacement items i get when i open the same 10 lockboxes when the server comes back online.
  • Options
    faithles666faithles666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same bug from STO in this game, a year later, and you idiots REALLY believe we're going to let that **** slide? This issue has been APPARENTLY EXPOLITED since CLOSED BETA, ALPHA stages... as per the hundreds of people confirming this on these forums, other forums and on your twitter page you continually keep deleting posts from. Do something about your ALREADY months into failing economy. Seriously. You just shat ALL over your loyal supporters. Obviously the people making the business decisions behind this game are too blind to care about the realistic expectations of their paying customers. Wonder how long it takes PWE to delete this post, in their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> effort to PR spin this.
This discussion has been closed.