Comments

• Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright then. See you guys tomorrow.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hadn't played since last night at about three AM [Central time] or a bit later, but I noticed at some point during that gaming session that all the Zen in the market was already bought up. All the Zen.

All of it, thousands and thousands of dollars worth of Zen, all purchased up by the exploiters.

Please be very sure that your chosen time to rollback is long before these Exploiters began buying up all the Zen in the Market.

I'd almost certainly think it goes back much later than the seven hours you are rolling back too, probably at least ten to twenty hours earlier.
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I bought a Guardian Pack after 5:20 AM. What happens?
  • Options
    xzctxzct Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why 7 hours?
  • Options
    dnh2dnh2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It really annoys me that I paid real money for this game and even with this rollback, other players are able to make millions of times more than me by cheating. Really makes me think twice about ever spending money in an online game again.

Oh well, I guess it's a good start to cleaning up the mess.. but I personally don't feel it's worth the risk to spend money on this game. My confidence is gone.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happened to no roll back?

It was our original goal to avoid doing a rollback, but unfortunately we discovered that this was the only way to ensure that any illegitimate currency was removed from the game in a manner that was fair to all players.
  • Options
    skennyjensskennyjens Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the upside, I don't need to respec >.<
  • Options
    icehandfrostiicehandfrosti Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very fair fix guys. Thanks! In the end, this is just a small rollback that everyone should be reasonably able to deal with. Most importantly from me, thank you for saving foundry progress!

I too would like to know about the 18 hour weavers I had in my hopper that should be done now. Am I going to be looking at another 10 hours or so because of the rollback? If so, I think in your "care package" you should keep in mind us artisans and the progress we lost :)
    NW-DULDNU5HG - A New Evil. ~15min Healthy balance of story and action.

@Daranar
    Adriana - 41 Control Wizard - 10 Tailor - 4 Leader - Mindflayer
    Daranar - 6 Guadian Fighter - Mindflayer
  • Options
    nojo2211nojo2211 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    So what about all the Zen disappearing from the AD/Zen exchange during the past week? The rumor is this exploit has been in the game since closed beta. Is that true?
  • Options
    uristqwertyuristqwerty Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    The last 7 hours was probably when the exploiters really started abusing it as much as possible, and destroyed the economy. So, reverting 7 hours put the economy back in a usable state, while removing the least progress from legitimate players.
  • Options
    frodinthronefrodinthrone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Early Sunday morning a very small group of players discovered and abused a game exploit"

That's simply not true. I hope that's not how you understand the situation.
  • Options
    eggylisk99eggylisk99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's in between Delves - my Valiant Helm from MD is now gone. :|
  • Options
    atemi777atemi777 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how long till servers are back im confused as to if time has been posted.
  • Options
    flipsydesflipsydes Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happened to no roll back?

Can't tell if trolling or just stupid.
  • Options
    mownage123mownage123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly what is being done to the identified exploiters?
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Q: What happened?

A: Early Sunday morning a very small group of players discovered and abused a game exploit within the Neverwinter Open Beta that affected the Auction House and Astral Diamonds.

Really... really? It was discovered WAY before yesterday morning.
    STO had the same exact exploit as well. *screenshot*
  • Options
    dnaidarkfirednaidarkfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to see action being taken, I'm hoping all the ill gotten gains will be removed from the game. :)
  • Options
    sudo8sudo8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm assuming that all earned seals will be lost too? Anyone know?
  • Options
    xydlexydle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and what going to happen to the bug abusers?
  • Options
    alicedesualicedesu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about characters created in the time span of the roll back?
  • Options
    lothientearlothientear Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it was a very reasonable solution. Rollbacks are always a pain (oh man, I was kinda liking my new companion and i'll have to start training it all over again), but i think a 7 hour rollback is better than a 7 day rollback, or worse. A very elegant solution for a problem that might have done much more damage if not addressed so quick.

Of course the usual trolls will troll, and the usual cry babies will cry, but it won't be any different from every other situation like this (bugs eventually come up and must be dealt with on every single MMO. its part of MMO player's life). In the end those who like the game will keep enjoying it, and the ones who don't like it will move somewhere else.

Can't wait for the servers to go back online so i can start over my companion training and general orc hacking and slashing around the Clock Tower...
  • Options
    justicebringer3justicebringer3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    learn to read
    That was from an earlier draft. It's since been removed.
  • Options
    akaiifsakaiifs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    btking01 wrote: »
    And there goes my T2 from this morning.

IKR, I had two T2 weapons and T2 chest drop. GG
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dnh2 wrote: »
    It really annoys me that I paid real money for this game and even with this rollback, other players are able to make millions of times more than me by cheating. Really makes me think twice about ever spending money in an online game again.

Oh well, I guess it's a good start to cleaning up the mess.. but I personally don't feel it's worth the risk to spend money on this game. My confidence is gone.

Our hope is that the majority of currency that was gained illegitimately was removed from the game.
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    LMAO all you people are too funny. Seriously why would anyone drop hundreds of dollars into a game period? Let alone one thats just starting out, coming out of testing beta. People just want something to complain over
  • Options
    darknessfalls5darknessfalls5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds to me like this exploit has been around for awhile now and should have been addressed when it first was abused. I would like a refund of my money that I spent on Zen and like others have noted I do not feel comfortable spending anymore money on this game. The whole situation seems fishy. Why if this exploit was around for so long did you let it go unnoticed? People have reported it only to have lost their tickets in game. Seems to me Cryptic or whoever was making some extra cash due to this exploit and if thats the case then that is seriously wrong. I would hate to see that proved somehow because it wouldnt go very well for you.
  • Options
    technicx13technicx13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 1st disappointment NWO gave me . Please no next time. NWO is a really good game compare to Dragon Nest Online , and I love it . May I know when the server will be back online ? In GMT+
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    It was our original goal to avoid doing a rollback, but unfortunately we discovered that this was the only way to ensure that any illegitimate currency was removed from the game in a manner that was fair to all players.

so why such a short rollback even though you guys know it was going on way before ?
  • Options
    d3ward3war Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How are you planning to handle the religion tokens that may have been lost during this time? IE, you require us to log in and pray every 28 hours to keep our tokens, but a large portion of prime time was lost today, as well as the fact that the server revert will have put me back to before I prayed this morning.
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Results:

- The ones that exploited this bug since launch, get away with it. Enjoy your billions of AD
    - Everyone else, have a special gift for taking away 7 hours of your hardly earned progress.
This discussion has been closed.