Install Arc
Options

Exploit Follow up

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    crow2000crow2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess that explains why the A/H was/is so insane.
  • Options
    rawhedrexrawhedrex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How is this game the biggest fail in MMO history?
    Where is your evidence and facts to support this?
    Oh wait.....you don't have any.
    Learn the legalities of a class action lawsuit before spouting your poison here.
  • Options
    lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    madmedic62 wrote: »
    I am completely opposed to a full on wipe, but you make a fantastic point, I could live with a lot of this, the issue is doing it correctly. Obviously having a team of high schoolers pretending to be programmers isn't working out too well for them...

Well, after reading the Forums for the past 4 hrs, I don't think the Teenagers are the Admins.....and Insulting them doesn't make them want to work any harder on SUnday in the middle of the night....now DOES IT? Well DUH
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • Options
    kaldana420kaldana420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally think there should be a wipe. Hopefully making those purchases of HotN and Guardian will stay with, if that was the case, I'm down. It's gonna be hard to ban every single person. So what? You have to level again? It will balance everything out, and make it even again, as long as exploit is fixed, this game wont be broken. Only way I can see to fix it is to wipe it completely. How can you tell when the first person did this? lol
  • Options
    hevochevoc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    It won't. Only way to normalize it is with a complete wipe, but PW/Cryptic are too greedy/lazy to do this as proven by Reddit.

And Reddit strikes again. This game is dead. Absolutely no way to fix it now. People have billions of AD and bought out all the Zen. Wipe, no wipe - you already lost and NWO goes on record as the biggest fail in MMO history.

If I was a HotN player or Guardian, I would try for a class action law suit.

Heh... whoever said this is dead and the biggest fail of a MMO in the history of MMO's has their head up their butt so bad they need a mining hat. first off, many MMO's have made it with a horrid economy if the gameplay is good (which I believe Neverwinter does have). Second, even if it did fail it still does not top that mess SWTOR had figuring the money that was thrown at it.
  • Options
    crouton230crouton230 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hevoc wrote: »
    Heh... whoever said this is dead and the biggest fail of a MMO in the history of MMO's has their head up their butt so bad they need a mining hat. first off, many MMO's have made it with a horrid economy if the gameplay is good (which I believe Neverwinter does have). Second, even if it did fail it still does not top that mess SWTOR had figuring the money that was thrown at it.

Completely Agree!
  • Options
    warpuppy001warpuppy001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they knew it was there, it wouldn't have gotten this far. That's why we have an open beta. Closed for a few people, find and fix the obvious issues. Then open beta, throwing thousands of people in the mix. This tests server stability and uncovers a lot more of the unknown issues. These DEVs don't suck, they're following a working model of how an MMO gets to gold. There will be many more exploits discovered, I'm sure. And we'll have another thousand forum posts about how bad things are and bla bla bla.
    This is how it goes. And in my vast experience, these ladies and gentlemen are doing a great job of it. It's SUNDAY, for fkks sake, and they've been at this all day, even calling in back-up to help get us in-game as fast as possible.
    So why not just spend this downtime reading about every other MMO open beta in the history of MMOs and see just how much better we have it here, with the communication and ***-busting on a SUNDAY.
    Or just hit Post Quick Reply and flame my ***. I don't take anything said by QQers on a gaming forum to heart. Love ya ;)

Here here well said :D
  • Options
    kaldana420kaldana420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hargeo wrote: »
    Create another shard and move all nefarious behavior and assets there. Block zen transfer from this shard. Its not always a bad thing having exploiters if they can be controlled in isolation =).

Dude. Awesome idea. They should just leave this one and make another without the exploits and everyone who wants to cheat or hack or whatever can use that server and the one that blocks their parties and rids of exploits would be great. Something as of Battle.net when they did the open and closed servers. It seemed to work well for Diablo 2.
  • Options
    mewfoxmewfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hevoc wrote: »

Agreed. The biggest fail in MMO history goes to Final Fantasy 14. The initial release was so bad, they had to unlaunch the game and overhaul it. The overhauled version is currently in alpha, or so wikipedia says.

Hopefully, they've decided to do what Blizzard did with Diablo 3's AH fiasco a week ago and are trying to track down and remove the excess AD so they don't have to do a rollback. But if they do, I'm not going to get too hung up on it. This is an open beta. Emphasis on the word beta. It's not the final release product yet, so I expect things like extended server down times for major bug fixes and will choose to instead focus on the thing that matters: having fun.
  • Options
    noshiznoshiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Is the whining ever gonna stop? Everyone is mad, but whining wont make anything work better, that's for sure.
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    okoko1plokoko1pl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    game is offline about 12 h and U talking about nothing
    i want to play!!!
    thx viper
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    noshiz wrote: »
    Is the whining ever gonna stop? Everyone is mad, but whining wont make anything work better, that's for sure.

I know right!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "We're literally posting an update right now".

Thats what Neverwinter said on Twitter!
  • Options
    viper2003930viper2003930 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New twitter update: We're literally posting an update right now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    New twitter update: We're literally posting an update right now.

Copy cat! hahaha!
  • Options
    proxythotzproxythotz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really interested in seeing how this ends up being fixed. I personally hope for a wipe, that would fix all things imho.

If a full wipe does happen, I hope that the the players will be willing to accede that being an "open-beta" "soft-release" or whatever of the several things I've heard it called, are implemented expressly for the purpose of bringing these types of exploits and errors to light. Betas are made to give the devs the ability to limit or stop these things, and players should not be upset when something is uncovered that requires a beta-time reset and re-roll to make it work correctly with as much balance as possible on release. I was not involved in the exploit, but believe that the exploiters actually did the game a favor by identifying a massive problem and actually exposing it (sure it took them too long to come forward, or more like - get caught at it-, idiots.). I for one think they deserve no specific retribution, aside from losing the actual ill-gotten gains, however this would only be fitting if this ends up being a a wipe and a following "official release" with all real dollars spent being re-rewarded upon initialization (I think this ample compensation for all founders as it was expressly stated that they'd get early acess to BETA, not Official Release). This would also mean that the game economy would be a brand new, beautifully paved fresh road instead of a massively potholed wreck of a road that is in bad need of being torn up and shored up before it sinks into the ground. This is what I'd like to see, but I think I'm just dreaming.

I believe that f rollbacks end up being the course of action, the in-game economy will most likely still require a thorough overhaul to stop it spiraling down like flotsam in a flushing toilet. I think this would end up being much more work for the devs and about as convenient for the players as a 5 dump truck road crew working on the street at the end of your driveway. And, until it's fixed, be warned that the purchase a set of worn shears for the low, low cost 200 cats may be the norm (as well as the forum criers chanting out "this isn't fair!" when the price drops again and they're holding items purchased for 5 cats that aren't even worth 90 copper now). Of course, retribution would need to be swift and hard on the exploiters or the players would be reluctant to trust the in-game economy again. Just to point out the fact that to continue making $, the devs require a "healthy" in-game economy with a reasonable exchange rate for real$, and therefore I don't really think that leaving the economy as it is, or how it was 24, or even 72 hours ago is a wise choice.

As much as I would hope otherwise, I believe the devs will choose the latter as the prudent way of handling this situation, and of course, that's why we're all cruising the forums instead of playing right now. Just waiting for the road crew to finish up.

Can't wait to see how it's ultimately handled!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    proxythotz wrote: »
    Really interested in seeing how this ends up being fixed. I personally hope for a wipe, that would fix all things imho.

If a full wipe does happen, I hope that the the players will be willing to accede that being an "open-beta" "soft-release" or whatever of the several things I've heard it called, are implemented expressly for the purpose of bringing these types of exploits and errors to light. Betas are made to give the devs the ability to limit or stop these things, and players should not be upset when something is uncovered that requires a beta-time reset and re-roll to make it work correctly with as much balance as possible on release. I was not involved in the exploit, but believe that the exploiters actually did the game a favor by identifying a massive problem and actually exposing it (sure it took them too long to come forward, or more like - get caught at it-, idiots.). I for one think they deserve no specific retribution, aside from losing the actual ill-gotten gains, however this would only be fitting if this ends up being a a wipe and a following "official release" with all real dollars spent being re-rewarded upon initialization (I think this ample compensation for all founders as it was expressly stated that they'd get early acess to BETA, not Official Release). This would also mean that the game economy would be a brand new, beautifully paved fresh road instead of a massively potholed wreck of a road that is in bad need of being torn up and shored up before it sinks into the ground. This is what I'd like to see, but I think I'm just dreaming.

I believe that f rollbacks end up being the course of action, the in-game economy will most likely still require a thorough overhaul to stop it spiraling down like flotsam in a flushing toilet. I think this would end up being much more work for the devs and about as convenient for the players as a 5 dump truck road crew working on the street at the end of your driveway. And, until it's fixed, be warned that the purchase a set of worn shears for the low, low cost 200 cats may be the norm (as well as the forum criers chanting out "this isn't fair!" when the price drops again and they're holding items purchased for 5 cats that aren't even worth 90 copper now). Of course, retribution would need to be swift and hard on the exploiters or the players would be reluctant to trust the in-game economy again. Just to point out the fact that to continue making $, the devs require a "healthy" in-game economy with a reasonable exchange rate for real$, and therefore I don't really think that leaving the economy as it is, or how it was 24, or even 72 hours ago is a wise choice.

As much as I would hope otherwise, I believe the devs will choose the latter as the prudent way of handling this situation, and of course, that's why we're all cruising the forums instead of playing right now. Just waiting for the road crew to finish up.

Can't wait to see how it's ultimately handled!

Look at the link I posted. It tells you everything you want to know. No wipe will occur ever.
  • Options
    proxythotzproxythotz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hahah, yep. I saw. And that's exactly what I thought would happen. as stated in my last paragraph ;) But I'm still interested in seeing how it works out in the long term. I did the guardian pack and am interested to see how much the economy had been effected before 5:20 AM. Luckily I was busy all week and only really had time to log on to pray for my character's salvation. This may give me an insight into how much change had happened.

Still can't wait to see!
  • Options
    himemidplzhimemidplz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Edited this message cause wrong topic.
  • Options
    riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well for someone who has been playing all weekend and who is not about to do all that **** again ... goodbye.
  • Options
    maiki1970maiki1970 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wipes those accounts i say :)
  • Options
    bndcntaccssforumbndcntaccssforum Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, my account was banned about 34 hours ago. I have no idea, only conclusion is I lured the spider boss off the edge once. Now, in doing that, as i am sure ALOT of you have done, she dies, she drops loot, you win. How is this an exploit, when clearly you can send mobs off the edge to their doom?
  • Options
    xunekaathxunekaath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad they are getting this fixed, what I want to know is why my 2 week old game breaking issue that has been ticketed with support for those same 2 weeks hasn't had a single answer yet!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have logged about 30 tickets since I started with pre-entry access and only 2 have been answered. 1 was a stupid reply that didn't even state an answer.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is there a way to get my $249 back?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    [removed the quote -Dezstravus]
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
This discussion has been closed.