Options

Exploit Follow up

Comments

• Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aldemm wrote: »
    Diablo 3.

Also, there's always going to be problems when you can sell all end-game gear through the AH-- specially when that can be influenced with real life money.

I don't think so, what killed D3 was more the lack of end-game content and the shi*tty itemization than the actual AH. There was just no incentive to get gear anymore. The AH was just blamed because people had nothing else to do in the actual game. Blizzard (or should I say Jay Wilson), also tries to blame the AH as being a mistake instead of stating the actual shortcomings of the game. NO END GAME PERIOD !
  • Options
    cioclodelcioclodel Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    It's simple.
    1. Permanently ban Exploiters
    2. Rollback the servers at least 24-hours.

One of the reasons we need a rollback is because people are now using CATS as currency. One person was offering a free cat to anyone who joined his guild. Most of the people selling or trading cats and other things like this obtained them knowing fully well about the exploit and wanted to profit from it from a round about way.

They don't have the mechanisms to reroll the game for 24 hours. Just character rollbacks or full server wipes.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cioclodel wrote: »
    They don't have the mechanisms to reroll the game for 24 hours. Just character rollbacks or full server wipes.

Excuse me? Care to explain this statement?
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The solution is very simple.

Roll-back only all the selling and buying in the action house and the zen market for the last 24-48 hours. Nothing else.

If you sold gear, you get them back and lose the diamonds you got for it. If you bought something you lose the stuff you bought, but get the diamonds back.

This will delete the mass exploiting and we can keep our stuff that we had. We just have to resell/rebuy it. All the XP/EXP would still be there and all the gear you picked up will also still be there. If you traded zen for diamonds it reverts and vice versa.

Then they just need to hunt down the exploiters and ban them and take the diamonds

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    visceral37visceral37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need to do something...rollback seems like the best option unless they are really good and do better. But when you have real money involved..for example Diablo 3, and we know how well that went. This has the potential to be a good game, dont lose players to a couple of ******bags..ban them, ban their accounts, ban all their info in dealings with PWE. That is if you really want this game...and your name to be worth anything.
  • Options
    mzlatermzlater Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe or roll back they BETTER roll back my zen that i bought earlier today and all my purple boxes i just opened and the zen I used to purchase my purple gear in the auction house this is utter BS!!!! not a happy camper I used my hard earned money to buy my zen so I could purchase my keys and if I loose them i'm going to be pissed!!
  • Options
    kaeringkaering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, fortunately, it IS beta, so they can do whatever is necessary to fix the issue, as long as people keep stuff, that they purchased with RL money. If the exploit was going on for quite a while, it will probably not be possible to trace the earning - AD gained could be easily moved around between accounts and stashed on clean accounts; profits can be kept not in cash, but in items purchased and later mailed around possibly many times.

Banning people will really get only the small and medium fish, big exploiters with a little brain will have at least 80% chance to get away with their profits. Sure, they should also be banned, but I don't believe, that the issue can be solved without a rollback or even a total wipe.

However, even if the bug is in from the start, maybe it was just a very few people, who knew about it less than a day or two ago, and then they could be traceable, and a comparatively small rollback should suffice... otherwise, wipe would seem necessary.

Create a "veteran packet" with a nice outfit and good looking mount as a compensation for every existing player, and it's a much better start, then launching the game with economy messed up by exploiters.
  • Options
    missusmissus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It isn't impossible to trace currency and goods changing hands, just time consuming. We could do it in EQ1 when I was a senior guide there, and that game is far, far older.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just commented on Facebook -
    Hello Everyone - Gateway and the Astral Diamond exchange have been taken offline temporarily to resolve a bug. We apologize for the short notice and will keep you in the loop as we make progress towards a fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
  • Options
    darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe and give those poor founders some zen as compensation.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why not just do an auction house roll back for everything bought and sold in the last few days?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    franckeyfranckey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rollback or game is end...
  • Options
    aldemmaldemm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People are selling items for cats now.

You heard that right, the main driving force of the economy now is cats.

Yeah, there's no way they can just investigate every case individually when the issue has proliferated this far.
  • Options
    foosoofoosoo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    PAYING players...this is your chance to make a difference in the game you love.

Submit a ticket respectfully requesting a rollback.

You and i both know....if there is none...our dollar is worth less than it was 24 hours ago....this is bad.
    A roll back of MINIMUM 24 hrs will rectify the rash of exploit, and return the exchange rate to where it was comfortable and where we were spending money.

Please take 5 minutes of your time and word it nicely to the company.
    It is a reasonable request unlike the wipe BS and given enough feedback...they might consider it.

It helps all of us.

SURE a rollback won't catch and hang EVERY exploiter...but it will return the game to 24hrs ago when it was TOLERABLE.

Hope you see the simple logic.

If they can reroll the game 24 hours so in effect go back 24 hours in time then that is fine, as my losses will be limited, but makeing me back to lvl 1 and non of my gear would suck, i would want refund and instant quit tbh, why would i want to lvl my guy all over again.... sound funfunfun -,-
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cioclodel wrote: »
    devlinne wrote: »
    Excuse me? Care to explain this statement?

I'm sorry, I can't tell you how I know this, but just trust me... they can't rollback for a specific period of time. They can only do that on characters themselves but not on the server. It's either a full wipe or no rollback at all.

You will see in the following days that there will be no rollback.

Also, why do you think they went so fast and started banning everyone? They are trying to control this mess, because they know they can't rollback. Otherwise, they would've rolled back and then handled the bans. Problem is that it's way too late now, the damage is done and the game is dead.
  • Options
    nova1690nova1690 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    missus wrote: »
    It isn't impossible to trace currency and goods changing hands, just time consuming. We could do it in EQ1 when I was a senior guide there, and that game is far, far older.

Because Game X can do something doesn't mean Game Y can.

Different game engines, different functionality and such.
  • Options
    visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    They just commented on Facebook -
    Hello Everyone - Gateway and the Astral Diamond exchange have been taken offline temporarily to resolve a bug. We apologize for the short notice and will keep you in the loop as we make progress towards a fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

I may have to 'Like' them on Facebook to actually get a current update.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mzlater wrote: »
    If they wipe or roll back they BETTER roll back my zen that i bought earlier today and all my purple boxes i just opened and the zen I used to purchase my purple gear in the auction house this is utter BS!!!! not a happy camper I used my hard earned money to buy my zen so I could purchase my keys and if I loose them i'm going to be pissed!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.. joke's on you.
  • Options
    wctp0wackowctp0wacko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just do a wipe, it's still in Beta. Save the Zen info for people who paid RL $, but everything else, wipe it.. pretty simple.
  • Options
    lgh1982lgh1982 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wctp0wacko wrote: »
    Just do a wipe, it's still in Beta.
    A MMORPG exits beta once its cash shop starts charging RL money.
  • Options
    mrbaracumrbaracu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    The most people don't know what a wipe is huh? I mean all good people they play the right way lose all (level, items etc.).
    A 24h-48h rollback will be enough in my opinion. Ban the exploiters and good is!
  • Options
    accidental0accidental0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow this is crazy I just bearly got my second 200k AD and now not sure whats going to happen and I can't even enjoy it right now... lol Well I hope something gets figured out soon. I am new and will be moving to a new place and not sure if I will be able to get on here anymore from there so I am enjoying it while I can. O wells that ends well.

Accidental
  • Options
    ampzkiiampzkii Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ejziponken wrote: »

Roll-back only all the selling and buying in the action house and the zen market for the last 24-48 hours. Nothing else.

If you sold gear, you get them back and lose the diamonds you got for it. If you bought something you lose the stuff you bought, but get the diamonds back.

This will delete the mass exploiting and we can keep our stuff that we had. We just have to resell/rebuy it. All the XP/EXP would still be there and all the gear you picked up will also still be there. If you traded zen for diamonds it reverts and vice versa.

Then they just need to hunt down the exploiters and ban them and take the diamonds

Agreed on that. That's the solution to go for in my opinion.

As you said all stuff just returns and players only have to resell/rebuy items.

The problem I can see with this is if someone bought item(s) with diamonds and then gave away/traded the item(s) so another player has it, it can be hard to track down if the system don't log items with individual ID's.

The other problem I see are if the diamonds someone got from selling item(s) in auction are used so there is no/not enough diamonds to give back for the item(s) sold. But do it simple and just take all the diamonds available. The buyers are anyway the ppl who have exploited the glitch most I think.

Someone may have a suggestion that is better than this, but based on this principle. Please do write in this case, so we can get the best possible solution to this problem. The main thing is anyway that you are doing a rollback on just what happened on the Auction House for a suitable time (24-72h, that you see in the logs when the issue exploded).

Best regards
    Tommy
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why people throw cash on pixels can be argued.
    Why people throw cash on BETA pixels can't be BETA argued.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What is CATS??? I am Noobe and don't know that term.
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the amount of cats etc being sold is sickening. I really hope you are taking good action against these exploiters devs.. cause this is insane..
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    raelynn75raelynn75 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ejziponken wrote: »

Today i went to the auction house, i've seen that the Shard for the Vorpal Enchantment jumped to real big prices, over 25.000.000 astral diamond, i didn't know about the exploit and then i've put on AH my 2 shard for about 9.000.000 astral diamonds. Well now that i know how this happens i've no problem for a Rollback and i completely agree with the one i'm quoting...
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What is CATS??? I am Noobe and don't know that term.

cats.. you know.. cat, cats, multiple cats. Furry meowing creatures..?

cat_shot_by_arrow-1.jpg
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    lessietronlessietron Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excuse the slight irrelevance of this remark but i've seen economies of small countries go to hell with less butthurt than this thread is portraying.It's not unjustified butthurt mind you, and my point is not to dumb down the importance of major virtual economic crisis. I actually just wish people would give the same amount of fcks in real life when this happens to them and it has happened lots of times throughout history.Is virtual reality becoming more important? Are people becoming so self-involved? Am i trolling? All viable questions....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ummm how do you use CATS as Money in a game like this? or are they a item or companion in Game?
This discussion has been closed.