test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exploit Follow up

Comments

• tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it is unfortunate that you will always find low-life, scumbags who will exploit any and every game they play. Perfect World is just not perfect. No game is. While I haven't spent any money on this game as of yet, you PoS exploiters should count your blessings that I am not one of the dev's. I don't know too much about computers but I'm sure there is a way to find your IP, hack into your computer and systematically destroy your pc. With any luck, you paid a lot of $$$ for your computer and don't/won't have the $$$ to get a new one.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Fraud.

Yeah, not seeing it.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• bobherkamerbobherkamer Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    This is how these people make their money, These games are just a money making scam. Grab all they can before the game dies out and they move onto something else.
  • blackwolf3090blackwolf3090 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will the server be back up?
  • melissandramelissandra Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is how these people make their money, These games are just a money making scam. Grab all they can before the game dies out and they move onto something else.
    I might agree if this was 3 years running, but in open Beta???
    This game is an absolute failure until now anyway.
    This exploit was a known issue from Alpha and they didnt even care.
    Better solution? Shut the game down. GG

So you knew it in Alpha and didn't bother to report it? Then you're one of those that should be banned.
  • melissandramelissandra Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I might agree if this was 3 years running, but in open Beta???
    This game is an absolute failure until now anyway.
    This exploit was a known issue from Alpha and they didnt even care.
    Better solution? Shut the game down. GG

So you knew it in Alpha and didn't bother to report it? Then you're one of those that should be banned.
  • plissconplisscon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bunch of whiners. The game is fine, play it and enjoy.
  • viper2003930viper2003930 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    plisscon wrote: »
    Bunch of whiners. The game is fine, play it and enjoy.

plisscon, its not fair to those who dont have the $$$ to spend on getting zen, but yet still want to get a chance to get the rare mounts and items that come from the zen store, but the fact that ppl are exploiting a way to make thousands upon thousands of AD which they can than turn into thousands upon thousands of zen which they can than buy the stuff from the zen store and basically repeat the cycle isnt the least bit fair to those who wanna enjoy the game and earn that rare mount or rare companion the legal way....
  • t3abagg3dt3abagg3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am really surprised that the cheat engine program worked for AD....but why do it? all that work on your char. just to get banned out...thats alot of time wasted for nothing..and for what?....to buy items....big deal...i really hope the DE gets fixed soon...im still waiting to claim my 2,000,000 AD from my founders pack :(...i hope its not bugged cause i was looking for them earlier and coudnt find them :(......but anyway if you had half a brain youd know to use cheat engine on single player games, not online games where your every move is tracked idiots...i hope us that played legit dont get punsihed as well with a wipe or roll back
  • psychoxbalisticpsychoxbalistic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i only agree to this if im refunded zen and ad ive made trading for zen... that cost alot of people real money, they will not wipe
  • xeogamezxeogamez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your advise causes headaches for both companies. You should always try to get refunds from a company first or you will not only irritate the company you do this to but your own cards company as well.

Please do not advise people to do this. If people wish to get a refund they must contact support.

-Ambisinisterr
  • blackwolf3090blackwolf3090 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally, some sense. If you don't like, delete thegame from your hard drive and let us,who enjoy the game,play in peace
  • chaossouljachaossoulja Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution - REMOVE ALL AD/ZEN CURRENCY FROM GAME - GOLD/SILVER/COPPER TO BE ONLY CURRENCY.
    PROBLEM SOLVED.
    REFUND ALL REAL CASH PURCHASES.
    NO MORE PROBLEM. AT. ALL.
    ALSO.
    TAKE OUT ALL ITEMS PURCHASED FROM ZEN WITHIN GAMES RELEASE AND MAKE THEM GOLD-PURCHASEABLE
    <-- INCREASE GOLD DROP RATE BY 15%
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please take the same action with those who exploited in the astral diamond/gateway issue. Ive never seen an MMO be so badly damaged that it would die off (as some are claiming) if this kind of stuff is handled quickly. On the other hand, I have seen MMOs go south when they ignore it.
  • igglypigglyigglypiggly Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    please ban by IP, no one in their right mind would have left the spoils of the exploit on their main accounts. i dont know how you'd catch laundered goods though
  • starkillianstarkillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    waiwar wrote: »

Ohh a kiddie on reddit posting! Sorry, means nothing. They are handing out the bans and getting rid of scumbags, already know several that are gone.
    garamore1 wrote: »
    Sure, but only if you promise to keep quiet if you are one of the unlucky souls who get the banned IP the next day/week and can't play because of that..
    IP Addresses are not necessarily fixed to a household.. this is only the case for certain connection types and of course businesses/servers. Otherwise they may change as often as every 24 hours and are redistributed between the customers of that internet provider/region.

Nope.. good luck though, your pocket lawyer will read the Terms of Use and license agreement that you apparently just scrolled through without reading and clicked "accept". I'm sure they say somewhere that they can not be held responsible for things like that.

Other than that.. why threaten legal action immediately? only makes you look stupid.. just talk to billing support, I'm very sure they will understand. Cryptic/PWE support may have all hands full and not be able to respond immediately, but they generally are very generous and understanding. If you specifically ask for a refund, you should get it.

Wrong, there is cause to do a lawsuit if they do a complete wipe. The purchasers of HotN and GotN packs were told in writing there would be NO MORE WIPES after the 25th of April. If they proceed with a wipe there is most definite grounds, if you agree or not is irrelevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got up this morning. Hopped on Neverwinter for most of the day once I got my morning stuff squared away around 10:30-ish. Hopped off to make dinner. Came back and tried to log back in:

Report_zps2afff950.png

Now I can't get ahold of customer support to try and get this thing straightened out. I don't know who used my account to do this, but I'm thinking it was someone on the forums since the "New Computer" e-mail came shortly after I made several posts about the exploit (not detailing it) getting people into trouble and customer support helping people out who had been screwed up by the people using this exploit.

I would really appreciate some help getting into contact with customer support, if it's viable, Community Team.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • papabloodpapablood Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution - REMOVE ALL AD/ZEN CURRENCY FROM GAME - GOLD/SILVER/COPPER TO BE ONLY CURRENCY.
    PROBLEM SOLVED.
    REFUND ALL REAL CASH PURCHASES.
    NO MORE PROBLEM. AT. ALL.
    ALSO.
    TAKE OUT ALL ITEMS PURCHASED FROM ZEN WITHIN GAMES RELEASE AND MAKE THEM GOLD-PURCHASEABLE
    <-- INCREASE GOLD DROP RATE BY 15%
    LOL... I like it ... problem is its a F2P game with the biggest source of revenue for Perfect World is the stuff bought with Zen... So thats not gonna happen ... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
  • monomadrox2monomadrox2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In most cases it is not the account that gets banned but rather the ip address they are using to play online with...
    edited May 2013
    papablood wrote: »
    LOL... I like it ... problem is its a F2P game with the biggest source of revenue for Perfect World is the stuff bought with Zen... So thats not gonna happen ... lol

Well, they could always put in a new currency for the cash shop, just call them diamonds instead of zen/astral diamonds, have diamonds be cash-shop only for mounts/pets/bags and have the gold be the actual trading and auction house currency. This could in turn fix many aspects of the games trading systems, and still yield them a sufficient profit without the need to do a full restart.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please ban by IP, no one in their right mind would have left the spoils of the exploit on their main accounts. i dont know how you'd catch laundered goods though

IP bans do nothing except block legitimate people from playing as changing or spoofing your IP address is a piece of cake and IP addresses are shared by hundreds of users.
    edited May 2013
    Edit: don't know why it posted twice.
    edited May 2013
    In most cases it is not the account that gets banned but rather the ip address they are using to play online with...

sadly this is not always the case. many people lost the accounts that they did the exploit on but have mules they transferred their money and items to, untouched. many, many people who did this got away with it scott-free. especially the ones who transferred their goods AND used proxies
  • mynameisbigrichmynameisbigrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    papablood wrote: »

Good idea. We can start to eliminate all the free to play broken down pieces of garbage that play because they are hooked and can't get jobs to spend on subscriptions. Then, we all pay $15.00 a month for a more stable environment. The only problem with that is the game is currently advertised as free to play, so people that actually have money can't spend it any more because the free and low class element like my cousin that calls and begs me to borrow seven dollars for a bus pass because they don't have the notion to look for work rot out the game from the citizens that actually have money.
    There was a reason that birth rate among spastic video game nerds went up every Tuesday during the WOW dynasty... Some of you are going to showing up to sponge soon. I can't hardly wait.
    I vote pay to play and eliminate all free-loader scum.... You'll get your money from subscriptions, like you got 60 and 200 from all of us. Then people called the pay for players self-entitled. Yep, I'm entitled to do whatever I want with my money because it's more than most of you can have hot fantasies to.
  • tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Horrible plan to those who worked hard for what they have. My group has ran t2 dungeons for roughly 150 hours already, going without more than 3 hour of sleep a day just to get our gear. The horrible drop rate of good gear and 40 to 70 minute spellplague dungeon is a horrendous experience to re-farm for five people again. No one even noticed an issue until the zen bubble burst around 1 am pst. If anything, roll back to when the issue began. I'd like to mention that I am consistently under 200k AD because the drops simply never favored my class in several of the dungeons and was forced to buy off AH. The AH standardized prices of items was actually being undercut by 50% on most items listed FYI. This means that the economy was functioning as intended up until around 2am this morning. Example: I received a pair of sinister shade boots from th efrost dungeon t2 item and was recommended by AH to sell for 750k AD.. but due to the market conditions was forced to place up for 300k to compete with supply. This game doesn't need a substantial rollback. It needs the accounts of all involved banned, without a chance for redemption. All individuals who have traded with said individual ought to be properly investigated and banned as well to avoid item mules existing on separate accounts. A full refund to all purchases may be even more difficult to simply "roll back" as well, due to the horrendous RNG system in place within the zen market.

A rollback to noon yesterday would be painful for me (for some of the same reasons you noted) but far less painful than what people are suggesting. I put money into the game because there would be no wipe. And, as you say, things were being undercut on AH, which is how I was able to manage to get a 60 purple earlier this week. Economies, both real world and game, do recover from things like this. The first influx of gold sellers way back when damaged game economies, too, but the response was always banning those profiting and not punishing everyone else.
  • dngrmse1dngrmse1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well heck. I drove 6 hours today, (work related), and was looking forward to some fun Neverwinter play at the hotel. I even installed the client on my laptop! I was even going to buy some Zen today.....just to find out what's in those neat purple boxes I have.
    edited May 2013
    On Star Trek which is also owned by PW it is like that.... We have an exchange on there and stuff bought off the exchange is done with EC (Earned credits) its not an auction at all ...Dilithium is to STO what AD is to NW .... So I was kinda wondering why with this new game they switched it to an Auction instead of an exchange and to use AD instead of their gold, silver and bronze...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
    edited May 2013
    On Star Trek which is also owned by PW it is like that.... We have an exchange on there and stuff bought off the exchange is done with EC (Earned credits) its not an auction at all ...Dilithium is to STO what AD is to NW .... So I was kinda wondering why with this new game they switched it to an Auction instead of an exchange and to use AD instead of their gold, silver and bronze...
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    IP bans do nothing except block legitimate people from playing as changing or spoofing your IP address is a piece of cake and IP addresses are shared by hundreds of users.

in that case there has to be a way to see who bid a negative value on the gateway auction house, ban them and any account they sent items or money to. oh and delete all the **** cats.
  • dngrmse1dngrmse1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tirwen1 wrote: »
    A rollback to noon yesterday would be painful for me.....

That would spell the end to my Half Orc TR, which I started yesterday. His gear is 'meh' though, so leveling him back up would be a pretty quick exercise.
This discussion has been closed.