Install Arc
Options

Exploit Follow up

Comments

• Options
    chaossouljachaossoulja Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    papablood wrote: »
    On Star Trek which is also owned by PW it is like that.... We have an exchange on there and stuff bought off the exchange is done with EC (Earned credits) its not an auction at all ...Dilithium is to STO what AD is to NW .... So I was kinda wondering why with this new game they switched it to an Auction instead of an exchange and to use AD instead of their gold, silver and bronze...

If they eliminate the nonsense of the tons of different currencies and stick to just gold/silver/copper and "diamonds" for the store-bought items (which should NOT) be tradeable. (or for that matter, if they are tradeable, not be the "best" items in-game. Example: the 110% mounts.
  • Options
    fishgutbobfishgutbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I call MULLIGAN.

It's a game, yes, but there be real money involved here,
    so give it all back and redeal.

The cheaters were playing with real enough money
    (in damages to PW) that the worst offenders might
    be pursued as cyberthieves I s'pose, right?

Them who got dealt 'aces' will understandably
    argue against a mulligan and feel cheated...
    but it was a bad deal for all of us.

Mulligan.
    May Tymora be with you!
  • Options
    papabloodpapablood Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anybody know how long the servers are gonna be down ... At least on STO you can find something in the forums from an Admin of the game telling you how long servers are gonna be down and if it runs past that time they update it ... I cant find a single thread talking about down time here tho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
  • Options
    viper2003930viper2003930 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fishgutbob wrote: »
    I call MULLIGAN.

It's a game, yes, but there be real money involved here,
    so give it all back and redeal.

The cheaters were playing with real enough money
    (in damages to PW) that the worst offenders might
    be pursued as cyberthieves I s'pose, right?

Them who got dealt 'aces' will understandably
    argue against a mulligan and feel cheated...
    but it was a bad deal for all of us.

Mulligan.

i agree, i think any players NOT banned that paid for zen/AD/ETC should at least get the amounts they paid for put back onto their new character when they make one, i also saw a comment on a thread, dunno if its this one or not, but change the AH to copper/silver/gold, but make AD still trade-able for zen, i believe that the ability to get zen thru the "AD Exchange" is a very viable idea, im not sure how it works exactly, considering i havent used the "AD Exchange," but if it doesnt work like this, id say it should be modified to where the players that put zen up in the "AD Exchange" get the AD used to buy the zen, but also leave the AD vendors that sell the "good gear" up as well, but i believe if you were to eliminate AD from the AH and make it copper/silver/gold, itd relieve a bit of the pressure these exploiters have put onto the Economy....
  • Options
    magismagis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LMAO .... The game community is self destructing with a polarizing issue about 25% pop is lost as there not happy with whatever happens could be higher depending on outcome and you you post in one of the threads any idea when servers are coming back up .. people are screaming for the server to be brought out back and Shot like old yeller .. .. go play another game this ones down for a while.
  • Options
    fantherefanthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twitter 31 mins ago:
    "Update: we're hoping to have more info for you soon, and are still working on the issue. thanks so much for your patience! "
  • Options
    igglypigglyigglypiggly Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    please delete all the **** cats.
  • Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So sad the server is down on a sunday due to a handfull of whiners who spend more time crying on the forums then playing the game.
  • Options
    crouton230crouton230 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Srry but I cant post threads atm, so is the server down for everyone and what is going on?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jim1771 wrote: »
    So sad the server is down on a sunday due to a handfull of whiners who spend more time crying on the forums then playing the game.

Oh I see now lol. Srry.
  • Options
    papabloodpapablood Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just found this...

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline
    Hey All,

The Astral Diamond Exchange and the Auction House have been temporarily taken offline to resolve a high priority bug.

At this time we are still investigating the details regarding the issue and will post more information as the situation progresses.

As the issue involves in-game currency, we understand that there may be questions regarding the follow up actions needed to ensure that the economy remains fair and balanced. At this time we are still in the process of collecting the data, but plan to share details regarding follow up actions once the investigation concludes. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we continually smooth out issues during open beta.

Sincerely,

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.
    Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!
    Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!
    Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!
    Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours. We’ll have more updates for you soon. Thanks for your support and patience as we continue smoothing things out during Open Beta!
    Update 2:00PM Pacific: We're still investigating and should have more information soon. Thanks for sticking with us!
    Update 2:30PM Pacific: We're still working on resolving the AH/AD issue and are making great progress. Thanks for your patience!
    Update 3:00PM Pacific: We're hoping to have more info for you soon, and are still working on the issue. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    crouton230 wrote: »
    Srry but I cant post threads atm, so is the server down for everyone and what is going on?

yes they are, and the mods are trying to eliminate the exploits with AD that've been occurring for quite some time apparently
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    Update 4:00PM Pacific: The Neverwinter Team is working to address this issue still including a very thorough investigation. More information will come with our next update.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yes they are, and the mods are trying to eliminate the exploits with AD that've been occurring for quite some time apparently
    Good, ok now things are cleared up for me. All we can do right now is sit back, relax, and wait for the servers to come back up. Thanks for the reply. I guess this is considered good server downtime lol.
  • Options
    t3hwh173f0xt3hwh173f0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great idea... oh wait, there is a problem with that and it's the most fundamental underlying problem of the entire world. The company needs to make money. I'm not sure what plane of existence you're from, but in this plane (called reality) it costs money to pay developers to make the game and release new content, costs money for admins to maintain the servers, costs money to keep these forums up, costs money just to rent the building which holds the server which runs the game... so no, that won't solve any problems it will simply create a far far far more severe problem, the "lack of capital to support the game" problem and I'm sure we don't want that. Not trying to troll you or sound condescending, but sometimes freeloaders need a nice serving of reality and reality is best served cold.

EDIT: Woops i screwed up the quote xD
    I was referring to the guy who said we should eliminate AD and Zen and refund all Zen purchases
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update on Twitter - Follow

Neverwinter
    @NeverwinterGame
    @Kajsa_Soderlund No ETA just yet. We're probably looking at multiple hours, though.
    Reply Retweet Favorite More

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336250693054787584
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Great idea... oh wait, there is a problem with that and it's the most fundamental underlying problem of the entire world. The company needs to make money. I'm not sure what plane of existence you're from, but in this plane (called reality) it costs money to pay developers to make the game and release new content, costs money for admins to maintain the servers, costs money to keep these forums up, costs money just to rent the building which holds the server which runs the game... so no, that won't solve any problems it will simply create a far far far more severe problem, the "lack of capital to support the game" problem and I'm sure we don't want that. Not trying to troll you or sound condescending, but sometimes freeloaders need a nice serving of reality and reality is best served cold.

I was referring to the guy who said we should eliminate AD and Zen and refund all Zen purchases

if your talking about me, i never said eliminate AD and zen completely, i said to make the AH copper/silver/gold, but to keep zen and AD, but make them used specifically for buying things from the zen store, or to do the "AD Exchange" to get zen from a player, than the player who put up the zen into the "AD Exchange" gets the AD's used to buy the Zen
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I agree with you on that. To eliminate AD and Zen would absolutely be the dumbest thing they could possibly do! And this is why I haven't purchased anything with real money yet. Before I do I want to see where the game will eventually end up. Not trying to be a frealoader at all. And viper2003930 I read your post. I know you weren't saying eliminate AD and Zen completely, I just agreed that doing so would be horrible lol.
  • Options
    ubiquinoneubiquinone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not like this has never happened before !! http://i.imgur.com/oA6Z8.jpg

Solution: fire the moron Cryptic staff asap.

Even animals lower on the evolutionary ladder learn from their mistakes.
  • Options
    lilownylilowny Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree I think Gold / Silver / Copper should have more value in AH
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lilowny wrote: »
    I agree I think Gold / Silver / Copper should have more value in AH

Yea I think this would be a great idea. Gold / Silver / Copper doesnt have enough value as it is I dont think.
  • Options
    netjunky321netjunky321 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have a record of everyone who bought zen online for the game just wipe the servers and reimburse the zen that was paid for with RL cash to the accounts. I don't care about starting over just don't want the cash I spent to be wasted!. I'll just start again with a bunch of Zen and others who cheated will have nothing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You have a record of everyone who bought zen online for the game just wipe the servers and reimburse the zen that was paid for with RL cash to the accounts. I don't care about starting over just don't want the cash I spent to be wasted!. I'll just start again with a bunch of Zen and others who cheated will have nothing.

but what about those who spent a ton of AD to buy zen off the "AD exchange?"
  • Options
    rocyarebornrocyareborn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I disagree with this. I legitimately exchanged AD for Zen and got my Howler. This would screw me on my mount.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I disagree with this. I legitimately exchanged AD for Zen and got my Howler. This would screw me on my mount.

Yes you are right it would screw you. But I beleive if you send them a ticket and they look into your account to see you didnt exploit, then I think you will get your mount back and any other things you spent your AD on. It would probably be a long process but I think it would be worth it to get your stuff back.
  • Options
    t3hwh173f0xt3hwh173f0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, not u viper. I was referring to one 'chaossoulja'
    sry bout the mixup
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stupid cheaters always ruin online games. I say ban them forever. Use that one time code they send out to find them.
  • Options
    lylevertigolylevertigo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jarfaru wrote: »
    Stupid cheaters always ruin online games. I say ban them forever. Use that one time code they send out to find them.

Yep, cheaters will always cheat, permaban only solution. :3
  • Options
    seatheseathe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a cash player. I buy zen and use it. After what I have heard about the AD/AH exploit, i feel the only way to solve this issue is to do a complete wipe. Refund all the zen back to the accounts of the ones that paid real cash for it. The founders packs will still be available to any one that purchased it when they create a character after the wipe. This will wipe out all the hundred of billions of AD and all the wrongfully purchased cats in the game. Some people will quit, some will stay, but it will solve the issue. As for them saying no character wipes after I certain date. Appologize, have everyone that had a character before the wipe, get a few exp boosters to help them level back up. Problem solved.
  • Options
    gress01gress01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think there should be some reimbursements for founders and people that paid for zen though kind of a big deal with this exploit
This discussion has been closed.