Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inu755 wrote: »
    I dont get why everyone is so mad this game has some bugs yes and the dev team is trying to fix it, calm ur nips ppl its not there fault if anyone its the plays who stole money from NW and yes this was steeling little boys and girls who know nothing

And as for every one who thinks this is live a present just for you
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0)

now SHUT THE **** UP AND WAIT FOR THE DEV TEAM TO FIX IT

thank you all ppl who feel the same way i do

lol the company that has it out considers it "live" bro. Look at the game listing page on Perfect World's main page. They have a legend showing what the little icons next to the name mean. Next to neverwinter is a little green L. Means LIVE.

AND, if there won't be any character resets when the game "goes live" for you, then that means the game is live now, for all intents and purposes.
    Don't see people getting the keep the progress they make on World of Warcraft beta tests, closed or open. Don't see people getting to keep what they get on the public test realm for new patches either.

"Open Beta" has become a label that gets slapped on games that aren't ready to be released, but the game company higher ups don't want to wait to see profits for another quarter of the year, so they make an "Open Beta" but resets don't happen when the game gets pushed into "Live" or "Release" mode.

With all of the founders I see in the game, and the constant admin messages about people getting Inferno Nightmares, they've made quite a bit of money thus far. Each key costs $1.25. There is no way around this. Yes you can exchange Zen for AD, but that Zen needed to be paid for by someone at some point, so they got that $1.25 for that key. Each nightmare admin message you see is a MINIMUM of one key to obtain (and thats if you got lucky and rolled the 0.1% chance of getting it) otherwise you got 10 trade bars, which you need 2500 of to buy the mount from the vendor, or 250 keys. The only way you can obtain it without them making money is buying it on the AH for AD. and at the millions of AD it costs, not many people are anywhere close to that. The average player has 100k AD or less right now, since they don't understand the easy *** ways to make it. (believe me... its astounding how many people are like "I only made 5k AD leveling up to 60... how do you guys have so much?!" Umm well I read things the game told me instead of clicking it off as fast as I can to get to the next quest or Tutorial Tip.
  • Options
    mono124mono124 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that is a point game breaking things will happen all through, But I think now it might be worth thinking about an character wipe and refund for release. you could even give a 2x gold, xp ad for the week of release and those who brought a pack x4 and x6. The idea was stolen shamefully from someone on nwrp.

It's ok, they probably won't do it, even though I think my idea is probably one of the best solutions they could have.
  • Options
    stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    That $60 you spent is an account unlock. Whatever iteration the game is, your account has those. Any other account unlock is exactly the same so, basically what you're saying is refund all my money, give me free stuff.

Sorry, but the Guardian pack gave me 3 days of time before the game was open to everyone.
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    nuromal wrote: »
    and you sir just proved you are 12

Anything that makes an awkward noise while bellowing out of your rear end, and stinks, is inherently funny. You don't necessarily have to be 12 to appreciate the transcendent humor of flatulence - or the randomness of it's appearance in this thread.
  • Options
    mrlewkymrlewky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit.

whats the big deal ? Why are people all bent out of shape.
  • Options
    griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    So, what's the final plan?

To dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    That $60 you spent is an account unlock. Whatever iteration the game is, your account has those. Any other account unlock is exactly the same so, basically what you're saying is refund all my money, give me free stuff.

Umm, well yeah...its a free to play game.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Todays drama has actually renewed my desire to keep playing the game. I was getting kind of bored with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    esarphie wrote: »
    For those of you just joining us, allow me to summarize this thread using a one-word synopsis for each post:

Panic. Rage. Confusion. Rage. Rage. Panic. Lecture. Rage. Confusion. Reason. Rage. Rage. Insult. Rage. Panic. Pontificate. Panic. Rage.

Just repeat that list 228 times, and you've pretty much read the entire thread.

Congratulations!

LAWL, so true.
  • Options
    moshpet02moshpet02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a good thing the people coming out with this 'action plan' are not leading soldiers into battle, or the battle would have been lost 5 hours ago. I swear Cryptic was doing much better before Atari and now PWI.

M.
  • Options
    ninjakhan3ninjakhan3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's dryly amusing to me that the more information we receive, the farther away the solution seems to be. It's kind of like that concept of by always moving one half the distance to an object you will never actually reach it, but in reverse. On the plus side they are taking their time to address it, on the minus side this actually happened with real money in play.
  • Options
    slugormasterslugormaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    I was away for a week, but got to 60 and like 10 mil AD and 3000 zen stuff and epics all legit - and a cat too.
    Right now I'm worried cuz I can't login to check my account.
    But I hope no one hacked my account and did stuff when I was gone.
    If so, I hope they realize that most of the stuff I got legit - and I get to keep it after the 72 hour ban.
    Otherwise it's not very fair.

HOW did you get 10,000,000 AD in just 20 days? That's IMPOSSIBLE. Period. You can only process 24,000 AD a DAY legitimately, so by my math, ANYONE with over 500,000 of AD is suspicious. Of course, those who bought the 2 Mil AD pack are exempt, but even they would be hard pressed to come up with more than 3,000,000 AD (assuming they spent NONE of it) in just 20 days.
  • Options
    ewecaniaewecania Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_mc3v8fRc3l1rtcfaqo1_250.png
    Luvia is Best Girl
    tumblr_prax0mUctH1w0vpwco1_250.png
    zaShunina [Warden] | Cadmus Imoogi [Justicar] | Shyvar Imoogi [Whisperknife] | Caelven Zepphyr [Assassin]
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how was this allowed to slip thru from closed beta? i know of a bunch of people that reported this excact same issue from closed beta and it got in to "open" beta.....

This...a million times, this.

The downtime isn't what I find frustrating, the rollback/wipe/whatever isn't what I find frustrating, trying to keep my inner troll surpressed while reading this thread...nope not that either.

What I DO find frustrating, and even a bit disgusting, is that this was known during closed beta and reported, yet ignored. This was also an issue in sto, yet they learned nothing from it. Much the same as the early network issues. The same things happened to CoH when CO launched, and then to CO when STO launched and now both of those when the NW OB launched. Seems to me that the entire company has some sort of issue with learning from past mistakes. Im sorry if that was harsh or offensive, it honestly wasn't meant to be. Having played sto for the past year+ I've got a rather bad taste in my mouth for they way things are handled and was/am truely hoping that NW will wash that taste away, but I'm seeing a pattern forming.
  • Options
    r3ds0nowr3ds0now Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for your guys hard work. I would like just to let u know your work matters.
  • Options
    balanadrusbalanadrus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think griffinthemad's link was probably the most productive thing on this thread. Cheers.
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prosecute those responsible

That's so American
  • Options
    aeonflushaeonflush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That would be awesome if they start a new shard from zero after fixing at least the xp and ad bugs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This post, Panic.
  • Options
    dariyanorndariyanorn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are still only planning to release this post announcement, which is just that, a plan of action. I won't be surprised if this plan was to say that the game will be down for another 12 hours.
  • Options
    threadedthreaded Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lose people if you don't wipe, lose people if you do wipe... my my, you have gotten yourselves in quite a pickle here haven't you?

The absolute game breaking bug has been abused since day 1, no amount of bans, fixes, or anything creative is going to fix an already long undermined economy. I wonder, how many AD vendor bought items have been bought and handed out prior to this weekend? Friends, guild mates, family...perhaps even randomly handing it out to strangers for fun?

All of those same things happened at a widespread lightning fast pace during the weekend too and unless you ban everyone who was touched by the people who AD duped... well let's say those AD sinks were there for a reason aye?

Gangrene is a terrible, terrible thing to have my friend, especially to the extent you currently have in your foundation. I know you'd very much like to undergo debridement in order to save a portion of your "foot" but you're risking a lot instead of amputating.

Risking your life for a portion of a limb is...unwise.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This post, Rage.
  • Options
    inu755inu755 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fattynicks wrote: »
    lol the company that has it out considers it "live" bro. Look at the game listing page on Perfect World's main page. They have a legend showing what the little icons next to the name mean. Next to neverwinter is a little green L. Means LIVE.

NW considers it out however look at the game site they still have not posted these words "out of open beta and now live" there will be the true live till then this is still considered open beta even though the meaning of an open beta has little to no sense anymore because it really just means the game is live,but this is still beta so yah
  • Options
    tymefortymefor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is all a conspiracy to get more twitter followers, they have 10000 more followers than 8 hours ago!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This post, Confusion.
  • Options
    morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    from Twitter "Fixes are already in the process of being applied."
  • Options
    kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »
    That's so American

No, American is: Hurry up and wait until the system can find a more clever way to deceive you... lol
  • Options
    veteranheroesveteranheroes Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone tell me what caused the servers to be down so long?
    What was the "exploit" about?
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    HOW did you get 10,000,000 AD in just 20 days? That's IMPOSSIBLE. Period. You can only process 24,000 AD a DAY legitimately, so by my math, ANYONE with over 500,000 of AD is suspicious. Of course, those who bought the 2 Mil AD pack are exempt, but even they would be hard pressed to come up with more than 3,000,000 AD (assuming they spent NONE of it) in just 20 days.

I have about 6.5 million, a whole suit of master assassin armor, greater lightning and greater tene enchants. Its not hard. All I did was hover over the AH and do bidding vs doing buyouts. I picked up my master assassin helm for 350k, they sell in the millions in a buyout. I do it for all items, those I don't need I resell for profit. Its easy to do if you are not lazy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This post, a Lecture.