test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• darthfader67darthfader67 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noppers12 wrote: »
    Also, I laugh hard at anyone who says "it's not the developer's fault....I know, I've worked in the industry.....etc etc".

Sorry folks, but it IS the developer's fault. It's their game. Take responsibility for YOUR actions, as I'm sure the developers are going to take responsibility for this one on their part. Just remember that the developers are quite happily using the internet as their test bed for fault finding.....so please save your sympathy.

The Best QA Environment ever; PRODUCTION
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    21361004.jpg

wow, I've seen some trolls in my day, but you are one sophisticated troll, for sure..
  • regenfrithuregenfrithu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Two things:

1. Thank you for making my day.
    2. You mean I could have been watching this video for the past how many years and I'm just seeing it now for the first time.

I feel cheated
  • ikronianikronian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't blame the developers, I blame those who try to duplicate the ADs and go against the user agreement. It's a free to play game and guess what it's in Open Beta. Things like this will happen. If you are flipping out because the game is down... you may have an issue. (trust me, I fully realize that it is the weekend, I have to be up quite early on Monday and get to work too)

So the lesson learned? Don't try and cheat. You will end up making it worse for everyone.
  • entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Also, I laugh hard at anyone who says "it's not the developer's fault....I know, I've worked in the industry.....etc etc".

Sorry folks, but it IS the developer's fault. It's their game. Take responsibility for YOUR actions, as I'm sure the developers are going to take responsibility for this one on their part. Just remember that the developers are quite happily using the internet as their test bed for fault finding.....so please save your sympathy.

I think your mistake is that you're using developer in the correct sense of the word, while everyone else is using it to denote the programmers at Cryptic. It's not (just) the programmers fault, it's the fault of the entire development house (or at least the part that's involved with making this).
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Many people have said to have an option to go to a shard made specifically for this after what has happened but what about when someone exploits that shard? It would happen, Its not a matter of if but when. This is a now win situation. Luckily for me I like the games content and am not too worried about the games economy or the auction house, thats just a added bonus . As long as I can go to a dungeon and get cool gear im fine.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all the love that is sacred. Please let the PoA be a trollface img.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    21361004.jpg
    Joseph-Ducreux-Memes.jpg
    va8Ru.gif
  • justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    He actually mentioned those in his post, though it might have been edited in later. Kinda pointless though as the person he was responding to claimed to have had 10 million. You only can get that much by playing the AH. And if you were its more than likely that at least some of your AD came from tainted sources.

A lot.. a LOT less than more if those items being sold weren't end game uber rares. If it was cash shop items and end game gear, ya... you probably were benefiting from an inflated market. Non end game was pretty GD stable... when you could sort through the 400 items that werent buyout, lmao.
  • ivikatashaivikatasha Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Folks, I have a plan of action!

It is that we all go to bed or get more popcorn.

Wait.... forgot to confirm this plan of action....
  • donfernandodonfernando Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cho83 wrote: »
    They said "we are getting closer" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5pqnRgIfiU ....like this or ?

no like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIHZr_FKb5I
  • zarvuszarvus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I-dont-always-test-my-code-But-when-I-do-I-do-it-in-production.jpg
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sorry folks, but it IS the developer's fault...

I wouldn't take that stance normally. But the fact that people are claiming it was reported in closed beta. People are posting old screenshots of STO with the same bug. And others are saying it was in CO as well. That has me kind of disappointed and wondering what exactly caused this.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    improbably yes impossible no. If you spend time trading on the AH you can amass a large sum of AD simply by reposting items that were way under market value. It isn't about how much you process yourself. You could also have used the AD/Zen trade and bought keys or other items from the cash shop that have a much greater AD value than zen value because so many people were and still are oblivious to this feature.

***Sorry this was in reply to the post regarding someone legitimately making 20 million AD in 20 days.
  • helenisdeshelenisdes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bedwyer wrote: »
    Unless they own a laptop and work from home and the kiddo's just knocked their coffee on the thing and blasted our entire economy...ban the kiddo's, it's their fault...or maybe get a bigger coffee mug...

.... Or one with a lid
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    ikronian wrote: »
    I don't blame the developers, I blame those who try to duplicate the ADs and go against the user agreement. It's a free to play game and guess what it's in Open Beta. Things like this will happen. If you are flipping out because the game is down... you may have an issue. (trust me, I fully realize that it is the weekend, I have to be up quite early on Monday and get to work too)

So the lesson learned? Don't try and cheat. You will end up making it worse for everyone.

unfortunately, the ones that ruin it for everyone probably don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about anyone else
  • poddkillerspoddkillers Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stop crying over the game it will be back when it back
    i know real life is hard for some of you but deal with it
    let them work and dry your tears
    Life Goes On
  • astalion2kastalion2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My apologies for being so bold to ask you guys, if you plan on making a server-rollback or wipe now or in the future, will you re-imburse used up respecc tokens for those of us who plays the game honestly and have used it up already?, (both the founders pack, and non founders one`s), and if you also planned on giving back the amount of Promo AD`s that has been spent from the founders pack?, thanks in advance for some clues/answers, would be most appreciated, wish you all the best of luck both in the game and real-life (devs and gamers alike, cya in the game later)
  • fishwhisperer#8695 fishwhisperer Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @zarvus lmao

I wonder how many MBA types are approving the communication before they are allowed to post it...
  • phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    esarphie wrote: »
    For those of you just joining us, allow me to summarize this thread using a one-word synopsis for each post:

Panic. Rage. Confusion. Rage. Rage. Panic. Lecture. Rage. Confusion. Reason. Rage. Rage. Insult. Rage. Panic. Pontificate. Panic. Rage.

Just repeat that list 228 times, and you've pretty much read the entire thread.

Congratulations!

That would make a stone hearted near emotionless Half Orc chuckle.
  • bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    A home only for top guilds? Won't happen. The VIP room is used by ALOT of people. The area itself is just known as an RP hub and it is used as such though plenty of idiotic trolls come in and out on a daily basis.

I would love to actually find some RP'ers, I can't find any groups other than the "Zergers" who just run as fast as possible and cuss me when i look around. lvl 60 CW 10.3 GS and yeah I bought most of it from AH...well rings and amulet anyway, the rest is glory gear or delzoun gift for founders pack. Oh i bought the belt too. Silverhand@bedwyer
    Silverhand
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rodnilax wrote: »
    You are a sad sad little man, allow me to explain how you can make a lot of AD. You can only REFINE 24k AD made per day in quests, that does NOT mean you can only earn 24k a day.

Read the following:

Buy a $40 zen card. Sell the Zen at 370 each. that's 1.48 million AD. then you take and BUY zen when the market dips to 350 each. well now you have 4228 AD, so you sell it back out at 360 well that's 1,522,080 AD. that's a profit of 42k AD. I have a friend that strictly does this and has made over 3m AD from the 600k he got from the founders pack and hasn't spent anymore money than the initial $60.

Its basically a stock market...but there is only one company to buy into.

Why is he a sad little man?
  • scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh good we're 'getting closer'. How horribly vague.

Internally they're routing a position paper on how they're going to deal with the situation and someone apparently has a real life and isn't answering their emails. Aka asleep at the wheel. Literally tens of people are waiting to play now, and they're unable to get the cheese on the phone?

...how incredibly vague and worse - off putting how inconsequential we all are.

LOL... i feel you. Perhaps when Amex asks why my payment hasn't reached them... i will reply, Its "Getting Closer".

Yea... not the type of answer i would expect from adults.
    If I approached my job with an answer like that that, i would find myself out of a job by sun up.
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • shylamonster95shylamonster95 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two things:

1. Thank you for making my day.
    2. You mean I could have been watching this video for the past how many years and I'm just seeing it now for the first time.

I feel cheated

Yup. night made.
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Yay 250 pages!
  • okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    I have about 6.5 million, a whole suit of master assassin armor, greater lightning and greater tene enchants. Its not hard. All I did was hover over the AH and do bidding vs doing buyouts. I picked up my master assassin helm for 350k, they sell in the millions in a buyout. I do it for all items, those I don't need I resell for profit. Its easy to do if you are not lazy.

I think dealing with issues related to this is perhaps the biggest problem with this whole exploit issue. People are selling stuff in AH. Stuff that is of high value, and was obtained through perfectly legit means. When unlimited AD was introduced to the economy, the obvious result is that prices will escalate very fast, when this unlimited AD is used to purchase all the legit high-end gear from the AH. Obviously, at that point you could sell anything worth obtaining, for several million AD, and people with unlimited funds would buy it all the same.

The question you then face is, what should happen to those AD? Should the people who sold the legit items for the inflated prices, be able to keep the AD? Should the transaction itself be rolled back, and items returned to original seller? What if the seller had obtained it from auction house, when the prices had not escalated quite so much yet? What will you consider the 'start' of the chain of buying and selling?
  • galbaturex1galbaturex1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel this thread should be closed it is not in any way helpful as to the time the game will be back up and there are a lot of People trolling 250 Pages of Complaining and Trolling.
  • bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ad%20exploit.png

i didn't make it but some other guy posted it on the twitter feed. made me laugh
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »
    That's so American

Yeah, we know we are all a bunch of self-involved arrogant d-bags who believe in social darwinism, but we don't let that get in the way of our having a good time. If you actually knew any of us personally - you'd probably wouldn't think we were total POS'es.

Some of us that live in the the rural parts of the country tend to celebrate ignorance a little more than those that live in the more populated areas. In actuality we're a difficult bunch to generalize.
  • rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    Aliens they stole all the AD! Tin foil hats are needed in the Zen store! Or at least sell us the foil so we can make our own tin foil hats so we know they have not been tampered with, or is the tin foil laced with unknown elements!?

... Wish I had pcitures of the crafting interface. Make a leadership "Gather Tinfoil" and "Fold Tinfoil Hats" picture.
    -Rajani Isa