test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• slugormasterslugormaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    I was away for a week, but got to 60 and like 10 mil AD and 3000 zen stuff and epics all legit - and a cat too.
    Right now I'm worried cuz I can't login to check my account.
    But I hope no one hacked my account and did stuff when I was gone.
    If so, I hope they realize that most of the stuff I got legit - and I get to keep it after the 72 hour ban.
    Otherwise it's not very fair.

HOW did you get 10,000,000 AD in just 20 days? That's IMPOSSIBLE. Period. You can only process 24,000 AD a DAY legitimately, so by my math, ANYONE with over 500,000 of AD is suspicious. Of course, those who bought the 2 Mil AD pack are exempt, but even they would be hard pressed to come up with more than 3,000,000 AD (assuming they spent NONE of it) in just 20 days.
  • ewecaniaewecania Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_mc3v8fRc3l1rtcfaqo1_250.png
    Luvia is Best Girl
    tumblr_prax0mUctH1w0vpwco1_250.png
    zaShunina [Warden] | Cadmus Imoogi [Justicar] | Shyvar Imoogi [Whisperknife] | Caelven Zepphyr [Assassin]
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how was this allowed to slip thru from closed beta? i know of a bunch of people that reported this excact same issue from closed beta and it got in to "open" beta.....

This...a million times, this.

The downtime isn't what I find frustrating, the rollback/wipe/whatever isn't what I find frustrating, trying to keep my inner troll surpressed while reading this thread...nope not that either.

What I DO find frustrating, and even a bit disgusting, is that this was known during closed beta and reported, yet ignored. This was also an issue in sto, yet they learned nothing from it. Much the same as the early network issues. The same things happened to CoH when CO launched, and then to CO when STO launched and now both of those when the NW OB launched. Seems to me that the entire company has some sort of issue with learning from past mistakes. Im sorry if that was harsh or offensive, it honestly wasn't meant to be. Having played sto for the past year+ I've got a rather bad taste in my mouth for they way things are handled and was/am truely hoping that NW will wash that taste away, but I'm seeing a pattern forming.
  • r3ds0nowr3ds0now Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for your guys hard work. I would like just to let u know your work matters.
  • balanadrusbalanadrus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think griffinthemad's link was probably the most productive thing on this thread. Cheers.
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prosecute those responsible

That's so American
  • aeonflushaeonflush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That would be awesome if they start a new shard from zero after fixing at least the xp and ad bugs.
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    This post, Panic.
  • dariyanorndariyanorn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are still only planning to release this post announcement, which is just that, a plan of action. I won't be surprised if this plan was to say that the game will be down for another 12 hours.
  • threadedthreaded Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lose people if you don't wipe, lose people if you do wipe... my my, you have gotten yourselves in quite a pickle here haven't you?

The absolute game breaking bug has been abused since day 1, no amount of bans, fixes, or anything creative is going to fix an already long undermined economy. I wonder, how many AD vendor bought items have been bought and handed out prior to this weekend? Friends, guild mates, family...perhaps even randomly handing it out to strangers for fun?

All of those same things happened at a widespread lightning fast pace during the weekend too and unless you ban everyone who was touched by the people who AD duped... well let's say those AD sinks were there for a reason aye?

Gangrene is a terrible, terrible thing to have my friend, especially to the extent you currently have in your foundation. I know you'd very much like to undergo debridement in order to save a portion of your "foot" but you're risking a lot instead of amputating.

Risking your life for a portion of a limb is...unwise.
    edited May 2013
    This post, Rage.
  • inu755inu755 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fattynicks wrote: »
    lol the company that has it out considers it "live" bro. Look at the game listing page on Perfect World's main page. They have a legend showing what the little icons next to the name mean. Next to neverwinter is a little green L. Means LIVE.

NW considers it out however look at the game site they still have not posted these words "out of open beta and now live" there will be the true live till then this is still considered open beta even though the meaning of an open beta has little to no sense anymore because it really just means the game is live,but this is still beta so yah
  • tymefortymefor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is all a conspiracy to get more twitter followers, they have 10000 more followers than 8 hours ago!!!
    edited May 2013
    This post, Confusion.
  • morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    from Twitter "Fixes are already in the process of being applied."
  • kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »
    That's so American

No, American is: Hurry up and wait until the system can find a more clever way to deceive you... lol
  • veteranheroesveteranheroes Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone tell me what caused the servers to be down so long?
    What was the "exploit" about?
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    HOW did you get 10,000,000 AD in just 20 days? That's IMPOSSIBLE. Period. You can only process 24,000 AD a DAY legitimately, so by my math, ANYONE with over 500,000 of AD is suspicious. Of course, those who bought the 2 Mil AD pack are exempt, but even they would be hard pressed to come up with more than 3,000,000 AD (assuming they spent NONE of it) in just 20 days.

I have about 6.5 million, a whole suit of master assassin armor, greater lightning and greater tene enchants. Its not hard. All I did was hover over the AH and do bidding vs doing buyouts. I picked up my master assassin helm for 350k, they sell in the millions in a buyout. I do it for all items, those I don't need I resell for profit. Its easy to do if you are not lazy.
    edited May 2013
    This post, a Lecture.
  • bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soon as we go live again, I'm gonna buy me some more Zen...just because I can...don't really need it, just gonna...and I'm gonna buy me something, idk what yet, i'm just gonna buy something...I fully support this game...now, a small request:

1. Make the rare gear actually be "Rare".
    2. Make the very rare gear unable to be "purchased" in the AH.
    3. Add in some quests that have to be completed in order to gather the components needed to craft epic gear though professions.
    3.5 Don't make professions class specific.
    4. Get better coffee.
    5. Give us a reason to use the "VIP Room".
    6. Would a guild house unique to the top guilds be possible in the future?, Kinda like Wizard101 let's you buy a house and decorate.
    7. I did say small huh?, oops, kinda like these updates "Soon" every hour or so...
    Silverhand
  • gsnaitsgsnaits Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer."

Suck my balls. Give some real info so I know if I should wait or go to bed.
    edited May 2013
    This post, I will try Reason.
  • maxmagicmaxmagic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post, Confusion.

what do we learn from this word: "Cryptic"?
  • razelskirazelski Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People why all these crying and hate talks? Most of you dont even know how the game development work looks like. I worked at company that makes game for several years and I can tell you - IT ALWAYS TAKES LONGER THEN ESTIMATED. After they fix the problem they need to test and try to find out if there arent any similar bugs. It can take a while. So be patient. You can only complain about people who actually used that exploit instead of raport it cause they are the main reason for this disturbance. It is not developer fault cause they cant test everything the same way like milions of players. And it is still beta phase - where 90% of a game should work correctly and it is.
    edited May 2013
    This post, I shall Pontificate.
  • bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    For me, flatulence humor is a quality of life issue - especially when sprinkled with a modicum of subtlety into a thread full of people throwing tantrums about game servers being down.
  • noppers12noppers12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not good enough PW. If it looks like a Diablo III and feels like a Diablo III.....

Jest aside, once again I feel like I'm losing out as a customer to the need to make money. Given the limited time I have available for gaming, this sort of downtime and major flaw does nothing but push me away from investing in the game long-term. Sorry, but it's just not good enough.
  • naero111naero111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. I'm not an exploiter and if they wiped my account, that certainly wouldn't be a "win" for me.

If you want your account wiped, go ahead and send in a ticket and ask them to wipe your account. Shove off and stop speaking on behalf of me and everyone. I don't want anything to do with your arrogant, heavy-handed "solution", I just want to continue to enjoy the game, minding my own business. Yes I hope the exploiters are dealt with (as severely as possible), but punishing ME for THEIR actions is one of the dumbest "solutions" I've ever heard.

You sir are already being punished for their actions, or you would be playing instead of raging on the forums. And likely you will buy items at a inflated rate because of their actions after the servers come back. So shove off with your oblivious ignorance.
  • maxmagicmaxmagic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post, I shall Pontificate.

There must be a gods plan and you figure it out...
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morfedd wrote: »
    from Twitter "Fixes are already in the process of being applied."

Guess they did the fix, but waited for the PW Family to give the nod to apply