test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Twitter post indicates that plan will be up tonight, but servers won't be online until tomorrow at best.

The cylons had a plan too... I wouldn't advise putting too much stock in either. :)
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • Options
    sillmarisillmari Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A little something to watch while the game is down. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
  • Options
    bagladykillerbagladykiller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xjsperia wrote: »
    this game sucks. no wipe, no cash from us anymore.

Good, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off and let us play in peace.
  • Options
    goodbiscuitgoodbiscuit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...what's going to happen to all of those cats?
  • Options
    silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    To put it simple:
    Closed Beta = testing
    Closed Beta to Open Beta = Full system wipe and everybody starts for scratch in Open Beta
    Open Beta = Game is essentially live, testing still in progress, cash shop is open, rollbacks to address major issues expected.
    Open Beta to Live = No character wipe, testing finished, major problems have been fixed, only minor ones remain.
    Live = Game officially opens, no major problems. Only major issues normally result in rollbacks.
  • Options
    djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL @ ANYONE who thinks this game is in beta, at this point beta is literally just a word, there will be NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOW AND WHEN THE GAME IS "RELEASED".
  • Options
    astyanathastyanath Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok 6 hours and 15 mins since last update of progress.. really
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dalgomar wrote: »
    Yea they already stated on Twitter they would be giving every one 3 month subscriptions free.

I better get a lifetime free subscription out of this you can have the 3 month one. Lol
  • Options
    neoohmneoohm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dalgomar wrote: »
    Yea they already stated on Twitter they would be giving every one 3 month subscriptions free.

Hahahahaha! :D
  • Options
    lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really kid? You mean you weren't around when they did the *SAME* exact thing in STO?

It's not that they didn't learn their lesson... this was planned. There won't be a wipe because this event will inflate ADs, making more people buy Zen. They did this before, maybe the first time in STO it WAS an honest mistake in the the hard code, but they did very well from the effects it had on the economy for a good while thereafter

Yeah, sounds like a conspiracy theory huh? So you would rather believe they made the SAME EXACT mistake two times in a row?

YO...Paranoia will Destroy you! Do you belong to the "Conspiracy Theory of the Week" Club? :p Just Saying...
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • Options
    golargegolarge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys keep deluding yourselves, gaming PR guys are experts at NOT saying certain things and only giving out dangling carrots of information such as this. which in turn causes this very conversation to happen on every other MMO beta board in existence and they all end the same way. with full server wipes before live launch. No where in those statements does it specifically say that they will not wipe characters at the end of beta phase.

They've said it over 3 times now on twitter. "No, there will be no character wipe between open beta and live launch.", "Characters and accounts will be unchanged between Open Beta and Live.", "No, there will be no character wipe with the Live launch.",

I don't know how much more specific you can get than that.
    Conscience is the voice in the back of your head that warns you somebody may be looking.
  • Options
    clownaclowna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is a shard wide rollback?
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    REAL MONEY is rolling here man. Not fake, or virtual coin - REAL money. You do know what that is don't you? You *DO* understand that some people work and make gold in REAL LIFE. Real life, you do know what that is don't you? Can you appreciate the difference between a virtual fantasy world and reality?

I don't care what you call it: Beta, open beta, alpha, soft launch, fake launch... call it what you will, but we are NOT playing with fake money here. People have invested real money into this, money they earned by working.

You know what, never mind, asking people like you to think is akin to asking americans to grow the hell up and act like adults. Just move along.

You might be wasting your time here. Either the guy is trying to troll you to get under your skin or he is just a kid stealing his parents credit card and has no idea what it is like to work for money.

I highly doubt there would be a total wipe at all because it places Cryptic in a potential lawsuit situation. Even if they were to grant all zen to those who purchased zen it can still be a potential liability on their part and I think they are aware of this legal issue. Which is why they state they won't do character wipes.
  • Options
    asyariaasyaria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> saying that a "real money" store wouldn't be available in beta releases obviously have never played Marvel Heroes yet.
  • Options
    bigbadrabbitbigbadrabbit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This whole process is getting pretty old. Especially annoyed with the fact that the servers have been down all day for something like this.
  • Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    i hear eso sucks bad my friend told me that races are faction based between 3 factions (breaks es lore) also the fact that each race can only do certain things like a nord can only be good with melee while high elf is only good for mage
  • Options
    gamico1gamico1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i see what you did there.
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to know how you will be able to tell the "live launch" from "open beta".

If it's anything like they did in Forsaken World the only way you will know the game went "live" is a zen sale & new items in the cash shop. lulz
  • Options
    ssoftmaidenssoftmaiden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another update on how long it will be, I'm addicted :P and am missing the game atm.. it's been over 8 hours now hasn't it ?
  • Options
    scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    einric99 wrote: »
    Will my prayer currency expire during this downtime?
    Not too bad for me since I only have 7 but what about others?

I have the same fears, having done them every day from the HoTN head start till yesterday. I dont want to loose them because of all this brouhaha.
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • Options
    dwillbdwillb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just give me some free character slots and we'll call it even.
  • Options
    bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a game can be both beta and charge real money for in-game items

welcome to the new model. and if you've spent money, you've supported the new model.

what you decide to call it doesn't matter.

the game is beta. AND you can buy things with real money in the game.

it is both of these things.
  • Options
    eidalaneidalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand that there were supposed to be no character wipes after the 25th of April, however in a situation such as this, I think a wipe is the best course of action. As well as banning all offenders.

Also, I seem to remember there being the word "BETA" under the Neverwinter logo at the Character Select screen.
  • Options
    megatokyo176megatokyo176 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look guys, There will not be a wipe. They have said so! Chill the hell out, and just wait. Theyre going to compensate us for the time that could have been spent Improving our stats and getting loot.
  • Options
    chaos134chaos134 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They'll be more content probly after game goes live. I'm still waiting to see Training books get released. My cleric is way under powered to heal me at higher lvl zones. I do enjoy this game and I want to keep playing.
  • Options
    vagrantzerovagrantzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »
    I better get a lifetime free subscription out of this you can have the 3 month one. Lol

That worked out great for the Champion's Online players. :p
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's been 2 hours since they said they had a plan to post and no announcement. Someone must have tightened that vice all their balls are being squeezed it.
  • Options
    superdeluxe75superdeluxe75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 hours ago they announced that they would announce a plan-of-action timeline...

2 hours later, they are still finalizing the post about it... 2 hours to get a post done about it... How many hours do you think they ll need now to actually do the fix they will announce :p
  • Options
    baountbaount Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djdopeamin wrote: »
    LOL @ ANYONE who thinks this game is in beta, at this point beta is literally just a word, there will be NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOW AND WHEN THE GAME IS "RELEASED".

Sigh , you sir must be one of the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people alive on this side of the universe ..
    It's in a Open Beta since there are major bugs and problems , and yes , there will be a difference between now and when it goes Live , you dumb thundercunt ...
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    golarge wrote: »
    They've said it over 3 times now on twitter. "No, there will be no character wipe between open beta and live launch.", "Characters and accounts will be unchanged between Open Beta and Live.", "No, there will be no character wipe with the Live launch.",

I don't know how much more specific you can get than that.

i dont have a twitter account so you will have to provide links to those posts