test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djdopeamin wrote: »
    34282940.png

This game is NOT IN OPEN BETA.
    \

You ignoring Trailturtle? I think you are. He stated it 'IS IN OPEN BETA' and it is a error on the site.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    implodeme wrote: »
    The game is in Beta
    I'd agree, in the event of a reset you should get the = amount of money spent to what was purchased.
    It's a game, you are using time, playing a video game, no matter what happens with it, you are still using time to play a video game. You're time is worth nothing, no ones time is.
    34282940.png
    Not in open beta, idiot
  • wileeecoyowileeecoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still remember the day I got home and open beta had started. My character was wiped and I totally forgot that I was playing beta. LOL I was crapping missile salvos until I had something to eat and actually took a moment to allow neurons to connect!

Can you imagine the screaming from everyone if they wiped? I kind of liked starting anew once I got back in. I wouldn't mind doing it again.
  • archaicsealarchaicseal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You were dropped on your head as a kid, weren't you?

REAL MONEY is rolling here man. Not fake, or virtual coin - REAL money. You do know what that is don't you? You *DO* understand that some people work and make gold in REAL LIFE. Real life, you do know what that is don't you? Can you appreciate the difference between a virtual fantasy world and reality?

I don't care what you call it: Beta, open beta, alpha, soft launch, fake launch... call it what you will, but we are NOT playing with fake money here. People have invested real money into this, money they earned by working.

You know what, never mind, asking people like you to think is akin to asking americans to grow the hell up and act like adults. Just move along.
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    djdopeamin wrote: »
    34282940.png

This game is NOT IN OPEN BETA.

I been arguing that the sky is NOT blue too, but you know, all these people keep saying it is. I just keep saying it's purple though, regardless of the facts presented to me.

facepalm.jpg
  • ivikatashaivikatasha Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems like 'beta' is being thrown around as an excuse. If this were a true beta no way would the zen shop be open.
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »
    Well my guess is servers will be down until tomorrow. They are waking up the stakeholders, asking them if it's cool to do some sort of roll back and then once ok'd will post that message Then do the fix tomorrow

So glad it's a holiday in Canada tomorrow

Normally I'd agree with you......but I'm working tomorrow..... :(
  • speedmaggot1speedmaggot1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait you guys, I need to make some more popcorn. This is the best soap opera I've seen in awhile.
  • demannerdemanner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how about an update?
  • cut1625478945213cut1625478945213 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here are two exact quote from twitter in the last hour
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 25m
    @Jebus_125 There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this.

and then
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 6m
    @epictoplanewill No, there will be no character wipe with the Live launch.

So there us not going to be a wipe and any game that is taking real money and is promising no wipes will happen is no longer in "beta"
  • xshane2013xxshane2013x Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wileeecoyo wrote: »
    On to Elder Scrolls!

Lol...get me a beta invite, would ya!!??
  • dalgomardalgomar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamico1 wrote: »
    do we get any sort of in game compensation for making everyone wait 12hrs+ missing out on professions, dungeons exp etc? it's understandable as to why the game has been taken down but surely there is something for the people of the community that have been forced to wait nothing short of a lengthily amount of time.

Yea they already stated on Twitter they would be giving every one 3 month subscriptions free.
  • swell1swell1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was under the impression that "Soon" was Trademarked by another MMO . . .

WWSD
    (Harbinger of Soon)
  • xjsperiaxjsperia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this game sucks. no wipe, no cash from us anymore.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vekool wrote: »
    There was drama when the bug was found:

"OMG such a game breaking bug and they are doing nothing - close the server, wipe all data etc"

The drama after they closed the server:

"OMG I can't play, It was Sunday, how long will it take? What are they doing"

If they are trying to rollback the transactions (which would mean that for those who didn't cheat there is nothing to worry about as your progress will be saved) + banning the account holders; without a server wipe or complete rollback. Then let them take there own time doing so.

Great googly moogly, if you think the drama is bad now, then you have no idea how explosive it would be if they did a wipe or days-wide rollback. The stuff you're reading right now would seem VERY tame in comparison.

Also keep in mind, MANY of the people crying for a wipe would IMMEDIATELY turn around and start writing posts about how they're leaving due to the wipe/rollback; either using alt accounts or the same accounts (for lulz).

The usual meme-sourcing suspects are here in full force right now. A lot of the drama you're seeing is completely manufactured. It would be a HUGE win for those kids if they actually influenced a big publisher/studio's decision in a way that would lead to a game's failure. If a wipe or rollback commenced, the REAL customers would show up to make their final posts.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • wileeecoyowileeecoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ivikatasha wrote: »
    It seems like 'beta' is being thrown around as an excuse. If this were a true beta no way would the zen shop be open.
    It was open during closed beta as well. It was open the moment they started selling the Flounder packs.....
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ivikatasha wrote: »

Correct. They can't wipe it like they could in an actual beta because they are selling service. All the "it's beta" morons need to wake up. Bottom line is the game is a mess and they've taken cash transaction so this just makes it even more complicated for them to fix, thus the extended delay.
  • einric99einric99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will my prayer currency expire during this downtime?
    Not too bad for me since I only have 7 but what about others?
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    dalgomar wrote: »
    yea they already stated on twitter they would be giving every one 3 month subscriptions free.

trollololololol
  • bagladykillerbagladykiller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xjsperia wrote: »
    this game sucks. no wipe, no cash from us anymore.

Good, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off and let us play in peace.
  • sillmarisillmari Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A little something to watch while the game is down. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
  • scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Twitter post indicates that plan will be up tonight, but servers won't be online until tomorrow at best.

The cylons had a plan too... I wouldn't advise putting too much stock in either. :)
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • goodbiscuitgoodbiscuit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...what's going to happen to all of those cats?
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    To put it simple:
    Closed Beta = testing
    Closed Beta to Open Beta = Full system wipe and everybody starts for scratch in Open Beta
    Open Beta = Game is essentially live, testing still in progress, cash shop is open, rollbacks to address major issues expected.
    Open Beta to Live = No character wipe, testing finished, major problems have been fixed, only minor ones remain.
    Live = Game officially opens, no major problems. Only major issues normally result in rollbacks.
  • djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL @ ANYONE who thinks this game is in beta, at this point beta is literally just a word, there will be NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOW AND WHEN THE GAME IS "RELEASED".
  • astyanathastyanath Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok 6 hours and 15 mins since last update of progress.. really
  • doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea they already stated on Twitter they would be giving every one 3 month subscriptions free.

I better get a lifetime free subscription out of this you can have the 3 month one. Lol
  • neoohmneoohm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hahahahaha! :D
  • lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really kid? You mean you weren't around when they did the *SAME* exact thing in STO?

It's not that they didn't learn their lesson... this was planned. There won't be a wipe because this event will inflate ADs, making more people buy Zen. They did this before, maybe the first time in STO it WAS an honest mistake in the the hard code, but they did very well from the effects it had on the economy for a good while thereafter

Yeah, sounds like a conspiracy theory huh? So you would rather believe they made the SAME EXACT mistake two times in a row?

YO...Paranoia will Destroy you! Do you belong to the "Conspiracy Theory of the Week" Club? :p Just Saying...
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • golargegolarge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys keep deluding yourselves, gaming PR guys are experts at NOT saying certain things and only giving out dangling carrots of information such as this. which in turn causes this very conversation to happen on every other MMO beta board in existence and they all end the same way. with full server wipes before live launch. No where in those statements does it specifically say that they will not wipe characters at the end of beta phase.

They've said it over 3 times now on twitter. "No, there will be no character wipe between open beta and live launch.", "Characters and accounts will be unchanged between Open Beta and Live.", "No, there will be no character wipe with the Live launch.",

I don't know how much more specific you can get than that.
    Conscience is the voice in the back of your head that warns you somebody may be looking.