test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta is now live. Log in and play now!

Comments

• Options
    jared56322jared56322 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel the same way...
  • Options
    tedgramtedgram Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server is still down. What is going on?
  • Options
    dracosdandracosdan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tedgram wrote: »
    Server is still down. What is going on?

I can't find any information anywhere about ETA .. the server died at 12:30pm PST
  • Options
    fvillhafvillha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apparently PW is dealing with some Auction exploits/hacks, and the hackers that took advantage of the system. I don't expect the servers up for a while. Just pray there's not a server wipe to make up for the auction issues.
  • Options
    dracosdandracosdan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am ok with a wipe as long as we get a refund for money spent
  • Options
    godwithacomplexgodwithacomplex Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still down. I hope I don't get a full wipe but I would like the option to redo all of the quests (even if I don't get XP) because I didn't get everything I was supposed to (like the bag in the cemetery).
    Mmm, yes - indubitably, this is indeed quite a kerfuffle.
  • Options
    illeyesilleyes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time is money too, and they will if at all possible do everything they can not to wipe the slate clean because of the tremendous amount of effort and time on their part that it would take to refund everyone that has purchased anything through them.
  • Options
    cdivinelkcacdivinelkca Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah,

I'd be just fine with a wipe as long as zen is returned. I play for fun and wouldn't mind doing it all again.
  • Options
    camirdracamirdra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been following it on twitter. They are not going to do a wipe, perhaps some rollbacks. I am eager to get on though... I need to pray and I have gamer food all ready to rock and roll!
  • Options
    torgganntorggann Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idc about any of it, tomorrow is my day off I just wanna use it to play...
  • Options
    nuclearferretnuclearferret Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    camirdra wrote: »
    Been following it on twitter. They are not going to do a wipe, perhaps some rollbacks. I am eager to get on though... I need to pray and I have gamer food all ready to rock and roll!

What @ or # are you using to follow it on twitter?
  • Options
    wardragon3wardragon3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just tried to log in and found that the game servers are down for an extended maintenance... so the game has been down since noon?.. wow that is a long Maintenance I hope to play soon..
  • Options
    carello1carello1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well ****** all... i just wanna kill some orcs! whats so wrong with that.....
    :(
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its 11 PM central time, during the entire day the server has been down for me and I haven't seen one message explaining why its down, before I always knew when it was down and an estimated time for it being down, and that it was due to maintenance
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, I simply PvP... level 50 gaining 2 to 4 levels each and every day where the last non-daily quest completed was around level 18. I can't find Lenny to complete a lake quest so gave up on questing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Servers are down due to some peoples exploiting the Auction house and amassing tons of Astral diamonds. They are figuring out who and taking care of business making sure the in game economy is back in balance.
  • Options
    eviltiteviltit Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i paid an still cant play whats up yo
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    im with you homie
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    to figure it out its all the people on streams
  • Options
    friendpactfriendpact Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I'm just being a dumb developer, but rather than taking down the entire system for an extended period of time, and preventing everyone from playing, while trying to frantically track down exploiters...

... why not just temporarily suspend the AH and AD transfers while the exploiters are tracked down in the background. Players who actually play and earn their own loot can continue to do so. AH, AD, etc can then be re-enabled days later with a complete solution. Remove the ability to sell their product (AH) and I think you'll find the exploiters can do no more harm.

As part of the complete solution, I suggest introducing bind on pickup items and making the large majority of purple gear such.
  • Options
    ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to play...have not had time and my guy is almost at 60....cannot wait
  • Options
    ravenblood11ravenblood11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the server here is offline....it would be my first day playin' NVW
  • Options
    vegas6614vegas6614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    friendpact wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just being a dumb developer, but rather than taking down the entire system for an extended period of time, and preventing everyone from playing, while trying to frantically track down exploiters...

... why not just temporarily suspend the AH and AD transfers while the exploiters are tracked down in the background. Players who actually play and earn their own loot can continue to do so. AH, AD, etc can then be re-enabled days later with a complete solution. Remove the ability to sell their product (AH) and I think you'll find the exploiters can do no more harm.

As part of the complete solution, I suggest introducing bind on pickup items and making the large majority of purple gear such.

There you go... making sense! Here's another one... will we all lose celestial coins & such for not logging in? To do this on a weekend is also crazy, what's one more day at this point?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Leave it to the greedy to ruin it all for the rest of us
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    changing conversation...are those hero of the north packs still good???.....last I heard they were going to be sold for the last time in April sometime...I might get one for the AD
  • Options
    luvvyyyluvvyyy Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am wondering (since it appears to be connected with the Astral Diamonds?) if there is a malfunction in the hourly praising gods, I notice it gives a LOT of Astral diamonds. Maybe I am wrong and that is not what is being investigated but I am just throwing that out there for thought.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I hope not...I am looking at getting some sick armor once my wizard is at level 60.....I already have the gems for it
  • Options
    mrhackett78mrhackett78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *BIND ON -***NEED***-* is something they need to do.... if you NEED on it, it binds to you! (will help eliminate the ninja needers at least)
  • Options
    nefernefernefernefernefernefer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mr.Hackett. That is a brilliant idea. I salute you!
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    should have a trap if you need more then 5 times in a row 98% hp loss and 10% xp loss de-level those ninjas lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
This discussion has been closed.