test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, dunno why it did that.

i myself want a wipe, but only an economy wipe with complete zen refund, they should also rollback the AH so people can get back any items that exploiters bought with dirty AD.

but whatever happens I will still support the game.
  • crypticice1crypticice1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant login to neverwinter what do i do the sever status is green but the server disconnects each time
  • pimpinaintezpimpinaintez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why the hell if 61% of the community want it.. would they not do a full wipe.
  • gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    i myself want a wipe, but only an economy wipe with complete zen refund, they should also rollback the AH so people can get back any items that exploiters bought with dirty AD.

but whatever happens I will still support the game.

If there's a wipe, there's no need to roll back the AH. None of those items were looted.
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    The issue is if there is no wipe then the economy will forever be broken with billions of ill-gotten Astral Diamonds and Equipment floating on the market. A total wipe is the only surefire way to start from scratch. But never fear they already stated that isnt going to happen so in essence the game will forever be broken because of this. Regardless of how you feel!

make sure you keep the timeline for a full chargeback of every investment into the game in mind. if theyd on't do a wipe, just do the full chargebacks of every purchase. why feel frustrated, ripped off, and force yourself to log into a broken game just so you don't feel AS Much that you just tossed your money to a stranger and walked away out of the dementia of your heart.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
    edited May 2013
    10/char
    I <3 Scientology
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if wipe it is, repay the whole zen you must. ...
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• sircainsircain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tommy6pack wrote: »
    We're in Beta, not Live, so Early Head Start has not happened yet... But, if they can do it once. They can surely do it again for such a serious exploit is my point.
    [HTML]http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=875411[/HTML]
    You are a hero of the north and didn't know your headstart started back in April? Sorry about that but yes headstart is over.
  • myth1064myth1064 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.
  • xivilynxivilyn Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    gimpyloser wrote: »
    i've spent $70 on zen and have no regrets about it. However, if a full wipe was done, i wouldn't reroll. Of course it is all a mute point because there won't be a wipe. They already said they wouldn't wipe and because they did, millions of dollars of zen was purchased. They can and will fix it, but it won't be by wiping.

its a mute point? As in silent? Why is it so quiet wtf
  • combatcascombatcas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see complete wipes with purchased AD (not won AD or even AD totals from playing the market, what you paid for only) credited to accounts.

The game won't die from wipes, it might be hurt but that's already happened. The only question is what's best for the game as a whole, the community isn't everything and we can pretend that we matter most but the guys with the money decide what matters most and profits always win. I'm sure the exploits and lost Zen cost them, the question is "how much?"..
  • gamzecikgamzecik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pls give us a new clean shard that will never merge with the corrupted shards.
    Whatever decision you make with corrupted shards wont please majority.

I am not asking for any purchased zen either.
    I am just asking for a reason to continue playing this game.
    And i will trust the guys on this new shard to be more honest trustworthy for picking it, i will feel less cheated and even more eager then the game launch.

Do whatever you pls with the corrupted shards.

And everyone is happy.
  • tommy6packtommy6pack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sircain wrote: »
    [HTML]http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=875411[/HTML]
    You are a hero of the north and didn't know your headstart started back in April? Sorry about that but yes headstart is over.

Hmm I actually have a job, life, college.. I started 4 days ago. The point is Not about the Early Headstart, it is the fact that they can Do a wipe for that (no real importance involved), but not for something that affects the game so drastically?
    Yes, it didn't matter they already did it once. If they can do it once "They can surely do it again for such a serious exploit is my point" And I obviously said (If they can do it once)... nice troll though. Didn't work.
  • thulsudoomethulsudoome Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a Crazy Idea!

Reset everything except Level (and maybe even non-exploitable items), then reimburse all Zen purchased since "open beta" launch.

I know, crazy idea.
  • styifeestyifee Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well a full char wipe not happening is a good thing in my book, ive worked hard, not spent any money and done things the hard way I.E farming dungeons for gear and doing all my dailies...all the people whining and moaning that i've seen so far should just suck it up. Why spend so much money on a game? You all moan that you have spent this and spent that but at the end of the day it's a F2P game, you could of got it all with a little patience.
  • omfgvexeromfgvexer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why not just completely wipe the economy and so when everyopne logs in they all have a fixed amount... say 5 gold or something and NO AD or anything
  • thulsudoomethulsudoome Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't have to give back any real money in my opinion. If they just give back the zen used, no one will care about AD.

Levels = Time; people don't want to feel it wasted.
    Zen = Real Money; take away items bought with zen, give back zen. No harm, no foul.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    make a new server

+1

Also, a roll back to the other shards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
    edited May 2013
    myth1064 wrote: »
    [/B] We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else.

the problems are the mules that most of the diamonds and gear went to, and the multiple IP addresses used making it difficult to link them with the exploiting accounts any way other than through interactions between those accounts while recognizing innocent bystanders in the process. if they actually CAN do something to effectively wipe out at least the majority of the exploited AD, then that would honestly be as good as a wipe over all since it couldn't eliminate all of it but most might be possible with a lot of good eyes and detailed analysis of logs and account interaction. having most not all of the AD wiped but keeping our progress otherwise would about even out to a completely level playing field in exchange for time reinvestment from my point of view I guess. I wouldn't mind keeping my glory so long as at least most of that AD including what is stockpiled and has been passed between mule accounts has been destroyed and the people who were stupid enough to make it easy to associate them with trade for real world money are sued or something or at least their public information posted for everyone with a nailed up baseball bat.

In other words, if at least most of the AD on the mule accounts hoarding it is annihilated, i would be satisfied since it wouldn't have too large of an impact afterword though it would create a need for those epxloiters to make new accounts and seek out new exploits which theyw ould obviously do on a full wipe anyways.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    If they are close to releasing the Ranger and/or Warlock, it would be enough to mitigate a wipe. As people will be happy with their new character types. Free Zen to all effected. Not a lot but enough to buy a couple of small items. Or even a choice between an adventurer pack or profession pack.

But there other than making sure no money is a complete loss, there needs to be some compensation or people will start asking for refunds on founder packs and that will be financially devastating.
  • goneinsanenzgoneinsanenz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see a wipe, give me back my zen and AD, too think of all the stuff i wasted money on that if I had to do over I wouldn't do again, as a part time player it took 2 weeks to get to 60. Once they release new classes we will build new characters etc. it's only time and like $500, not like the world is going to end tomorrow.
  • kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    well it seems wipe would win by far XD
  • lotsabulletslotsabullets Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind a complete wipe, but I do mind ban being lifted.
    People that were banned were part of the problem. They'll just find another exploit and we'd be back to the same point.
    If they do end up doing a server wipe, I pray that they keep the garbage out.
    edited May 2013
    omfgvexer wrote: »
    why not just completely wipe the economy and so when everyopne logs in they all have a fixed amount... say 5 gold or something and NO AD or anything

I would lose about roughly 50 dollars if that happened. I didn't expect this sort of bs to happen, so i invested some of my zen into diamonds a week or 2 ago in expectation of being able to more zen back with them as the market settled. If i got my about 4500 worth of zen back, then sure thing, if not, then you have a new exploite rony our hands since osmebody would owe me. also anew phisher and keylogger donator.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • fluffyhairballfluffyhairball Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe everything, but not the bans.
  • ondesvinondesvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i support a complete wipe or a new server!
  • eoxideoxid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prefer complete wipe !
  • aft3rmath3raseraft3rmath3raser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say wipe it. Now it is going to be unbalanced if you put it back in the way it is, and not find other accounts that could have used the exploit. Add that on to the dungeon exploit everyone was using and not banned, and its even more unbalanced. Wipe it all, patch it up, and start fresh. Anyone who disagrees probably used the exploits anyways. Just do it and get it over with. I back you guys 100% and am sure we would get reimbursed if not even possibly a good bonus weekend to come. As Nike says, just do it.
  • styifeestyifee Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what about all the innocent players who have done nothing but grind and save? It's bang out of order.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe is necessary. Refund all zen purchases or rather give everyone the same amount they bought previously. As PWE says, zen has no monetary value.