test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• Options
    jerchakjerchak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    indeed. Agreeable. I worked my butt off to get where I am at but it seems to be a big tipping point that is hard to recover from and it seems enough pay to play players will walk that it will make a dent
  • Options
    rizzariarizzaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Voted something else: middleground

If there is a full wipe, there will be players that leave due to time lost. If there isn't a wipe, players will leave due to all the ill gotten gains which will still be in circulation (not talking AD here, but gear/items).

Hows about making some new shards, so those who feel they can continue on a corrupted economy can do so, and those of us who wish to play on a balanced one can choose to. People who purchased zen for real cash, should imo have that (total) balance available to them on the new shard of their choice.
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    omnlnk wrote: »
    I really hope there isn't a wipe...I JUST got to 60 and I want to keep all my stuff..BTW I'm a founder as well as many others.

I think they can totally wipe out the server but still give some compensation for people having paid and spent a lot of time in the game, example :
    - of course packs should be back like in day 1 for people whom bought some, as the amount of zen equal to the real money they spent
    - some epic loots and a fair amount of AD for people having reached 60 already, some prices (mount +3, companion + 3, etc...)

They totally could wipe out the server but still make people not feeling totally screwed in the end.
  • Options
    lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    No wipe (I mean seriously LOL) with temp Bans (It's beta)
    Rollback for characters involved, and markets.
  • Options
    yensideryensider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just have an odd question..this is beta right? Is it not pretty much standard that betas get wiped?
  • Options
    bhanchobhancho Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This my friends is the real picture I have been playing games since the first freaking PONG game was put into the 7-11 near me -ultima online, EQ, SW, wow, and every other online game I could check out till now...Wipe this sucker back to the stone age I'm level 40 and I've played almost 3 hours a day with 3 chars to here deleting a few along the way all in less than 6 days and yes I'm a founder I say again Just Wipe it :)

founder w/o title?
  • Options
    qwisperqwisper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More to the morale of the story:
    Failing a tradeskill combine, yes they arent all auto success. Losing epic pieces because the person before you screwed it up, so the mobs item counter was messed up. Cant find a teleport so a 1 hour boat ride, IF THEY WORKED! Followed by a 30 minute run, or more. then you get to the group and it breaks up 5 minutes later. Walking into a zone and instadeath from the train that was left at the zone edge. Raid mobs that roam the zone. Being level 15 and have to run through a level 30 zone to get to the 15-20 area. Having to look at the ground because spell effects take your frame rate to 0, and you couldnt turn enough stuff off. Being chased in water and your screen says" Swimming (2)!".

Haha:
    Being level 15 and falling off the boat in OOT (before Luclin and teleporters) and swimming around till your endurance bar is depleted and not being able to find any kind of land, eventually diving too far and drowning only to repop in Kelethin, Having no idea even how to get back to OOT to find your corpse or even where to look if you did find it and knowing that it was too deep to recover without drowning again anyhow.
    Luckily I ran into an older/wiser druid who asked me why I was neked and teleported us to OOT and found my corpse for me was I able to get my uber loot back. Taking 3-4 months to get to level 50, then another month or two to get to 60 after PoP came out. Raids that took 4-5 hours and 50-70+ people running naked through high level zones for 30+ minutes after a wipe and taking another 30+ minutes for the rogues to do the corpse runs, then another 30+ minutes for everyone to get buffed and ready to wipe again, yeah these gamers nowadays have it rough.
  • Options
    darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXPAZJvbH1s

Wipe the servers.. and let us play
  • Options
    pahnyepahnye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new shard I can live with as long as I get my HoTN package. I paid $200 for the package. Also we should be given free moves to the new shard for a limited period of time.
  • Options
    bbfoxbbfox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People ... Come on ... Its open beta ..

Fix the problem
    patch the problem
    wipe the server
    refund zen
    open server
    let us play !

ITS EASY !
  • Options
    rizzariarizzaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pahnye wrote: »
    A new shard I can live with as long as I get my HoTN package. I paid $200 for the package. Also we should be given free moves to the new shard for a limited period of time.

if they allowed free transfers to a new shard, it would make a new shard pointless as people could just mule over some of the ill gotten gains and destroy the new economy.
  • Options
    pellathyiapellathyia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open 1 or 2 new shards with anyone that has a founder pack and purchased Zen the chance to get all their Zen and AD back without the ability to transfer anything to another server for a month or 2. That way you have 2 shards that can start over with the economy. Rollback the other servers. This way you might have a chance to keep around the most players possible. Rollbacks will be available for those that only want them and new servers are there for those that want a wipe.
  • Options
    wolfiswolfis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waste of time thread, they said there wouldn't be any wipes which is the only reason people bought Zen. So they couldn't wipe without refunding.
  • Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complete Wipe.

As it stands now, there is no motivation to even continue playing.
  • Options
    chibidanichibidani Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    My question is will the 100+ hours I spent in the foundry making my epic conquest the Dragon sisters be effected by the wipe :o... I barely touched the in-game >.>....
  • Options
    ifeeldeadpeopleifeeldeadpeople Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to point out how absurdly easy it would be to launder through the AH with dummy accounts and some AH work, that's what I would do, and I know of many who have done exactly that.
    If they don't wipe exploiters still have most if not all their AD's after this is all said and done, I doubt they will get all of the exploiters accounts, I know a number of people that made a bundle selling to the the gold sellers.
    From my view, they really ought to do a wipe, otherwise the economy is probably screwed in the long run, I personally know of several that displayed a little discretion and forethought when it came to laundering and have secreted AD on dozens of other toons.
    On the plus side of things, if they do a full wipe, it will screw the gold sellers hard, which I personally find hilarious.
  • Options
    pahnyepahnye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rizzaria wrote: »
    if they allowed free transfers to a new shard, it would make a new shard pointless as people could just mule over some of the ill gotten gains and destroy the new economy.

Hey when yer right yer right. I beg to apologize for my oversight. I can still live with a new shard Just give me my HotN package when I select it
  • Options
    amyciaamycia Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfis wrote: »
    Waste of time thread, they said there wouldn't be any wipes which is the only reason people bought Zen. So they couldn't wipe without refunding.

they re refunding ZEN VIRTUAL MONEY but they ll keep the REAL MONEY spend for it, for exemple a player who spent 100$ for 10000zen since lauchn would have his 10000 zen back after wipe, not the $, it will stay in them pocket
  • Options
    koloskikoloski Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great game, I want to play it for a long time to come. I'm ok with a full wipe as long as I get my Zen back. I'll spend it again on the game.

I can't stand economy crippling exploits like this and I'm ok with losing some time with this game.

Dumb to have an open beta without character wipes if they are necessary.

Do the right thing and wipe the shards. The only people who will be really pist are those who exploited.
  • Options
    pellathyiapellathyia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback existing servers and open up 1 or 2 new servers. Everyone can have what they want then. Just have the new server unable to be transferred to or from for 1 or 2 months. Also on the new servers, players that are founders and what not can get all their items back as well as people that have purchased Zen.
  • Options
    maxx1223maxx1223 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure why they don't consider just wiping everyone's inventory, gold, AD, and in game zen. good or bad, who cares, its beta. yah exploiters would still have gear, but any temp accounts would be cleaned out, and lets face it.. how long would it really take most people to "rebuild" the inventory of **** they dont need or are just waiting to sell.... they could give everyone some adventure booster pack or something to "sooth" the pain of having to collect all of the materials or enchants and whatnots.

yup, wipe all inventories of everything not equipped. of course you'd have to do the whole credit anyone who transfered zen INTO NW (i.e. people who paid) , but there are records of that.
  • Options
    cutegaycutegay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to point out how absurdly easy it would be to launder through the AH with dummy accounts and some AH work, that's what I would do, and I know of many who have done exactly that.
    If they don't wipe exploiters still have most if not all their AD's after this is all said and done, I doubt they will get all of the exploiters accounts, I know a number of people that made a bundle selling to the the gold sellers.
    From my view, they really ought to do a wipe, otherwise the economy is probably screwed in the long run, I personally know of several that displayed a little discretion and forethought when it came to laundering and have secreted AD on dozens of other toons.
    On the plus side of things, if they do a full wipe, it will screw the gold sellers hard, which I personally find hilarious.

If they do NOT do a complete WIPE + Zen Rollback I am OUT. \edit I have level 60 characters too.

There is no confidence in a game where you play next to exploiters that get to keep there exploited money.

F%&^ you Craptic and a CRAPTASTIC WORLD Entertainment.
  • Options
    weaponguy117weaponguy117 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forgive me for being oblivious, but i really do not understand what is going on. Why do some people want a wipe? do they want all characters to be removed, with everyone having to start from lvl 1 again?
    thanks, and please reply
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rizzaria wrote: »
    Voted something else: middleground

If there is a full wipe, there will be players that leave due to time lost. If there isn't a wipe, players will leave due to all the ill gotten gains which will still be in circulation (not talking AD here, but gear/items).

Hows about making some new shards, so those who feel they can continue on a corrupted economy can do so, and those of us who wish to play on a balanced one can choose to. People who purchased zen for real cash, should imo have that (total) balance available to them on the new shard of their choice.

I agree with this if the zen balance is available in full on the new shard for real $ purchases, otherwise i would be screwed by these pricks & the devs who are allowing things to stay as they are. I had invested most of it into diamonds never dreaming of this happening, and prices eventually settling t o where I could have a little more zen back. As it stands I lose money no mater what I do, if i leave it as diamonds and refuse to take a loss, or the other option which i won't even say since I will never give in and do it. I don't think i can wait until this coming weekend to do a chargeback, I know they will allow the exploiters to keep what their mule/piggy bank accounts have because there is no way they can track all of those resources down. I may wind up just doing it later tonight or some time tomorrow and being done with Epic Fail, I mean cryptic, for good.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cutegay wrote: »
    If they do NOT do a complete WIPE + Zen Rollback I am OUT. \edit I have level 60 characters too.

There is no confidence in a game where you play next to exploiters that get to keep there exploited money.

F%&^ you Craptic and a CRAPTASTIC WORLD Entertainment.

I agree completely. sto is a pos, don't fear losing access to that pos and allowing craptic to keep your money along with these exploiters who got you tobuy their zen just because you're afraid of losing access to that ****ty sto also with a chargeback. take your **** money back, and send a message if there is no wipe. people need to begin sending messages like this, or else conditions will only worsen to the point these games aren't worth playing or making any more. i hope it bankrupts them if they refuse to wipe, then they can get a taste of what it feels like to get screwed.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    ifeeldeadpeopleifeeldeadpeople Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forgive me for being oblivious, but i really do not understand what is going on. Why do some people want a wipe? do they want all characters to be removed, with everyone having to start from lvl 1 again?
    thanks, and please reply

What it boils down to a known bug from the closed beta made it through to the open beta, people used this bug to dupe billions, possibly trillions of AD (Astral Diamonds), which has led to massive inflation of AD, which has destroyed the in game economy. A number of people, myself included see a wipe as the only way to ensure that none of the exploiters are able to keep their ill gotten goods, not to mention a plague of other exploits that have been very detrimental to the game.

Further Thoughts:As many have pointed out, this is beta, as long as they refund all items purchased with actual money, I fail to see why a reset is an issue. Since the open beta has not been live for a very long, the time investment lost should be relatively small in most cases, though there are some that would be much more affected by this than I, and I can understand their irritation, but is probably better in the long run.
  • Options
    eseregoneseregon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop trying to burn the candle at both ends. Whatsoever you do, many will be pissed off. And cause you pissed them off, they will stop playing or not play as much or whatever. Just merge all the servers, wipe all accounts and start fresh. "Open Beta is over!" Time to move along and get the customer base playing the game as you need. Sitting idle and not playing has players going back to play in other places and/or about ready (unless many have done so already) erase your game off their drives.

We all wish to play and enjoy the game as you put out for us to actually do that. Yes, it sucks if you wipe that so many innocent players will be hurt, but slapping hands for 72 hours is only a minor statement. Full wipe, reinstate all zen/Founder ADs to those that did purchase said packages/zen and get us back to playing the game.

Better to save the Realms from the few evils that ruin it for the many, then lose the Realms in the Maelstrom.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eseregon wrote: »
    Stop trying to burn the candle at both ends. Whatsoever you do, many will be pissed off. And cause you pissed them off, they will stop playing or not play as much or whatever. Just merge all the servers, wipe all accounts and start fresh. "Open Beta is over!" Time to move along and get the customer base playing the game as you need. Sitting idle and not playing has players going back to play in other places and/or about ready (unless many have done so already) erase your game off their drives.

We all wish to play and enjoy the game as you put out for us to actually do that. Yes, it sucks if you wipe that so many innocent players will be hurt, but slapping hands for 72 hours is only a minor statement. Full wipe, reinstate all zen/Founder ADs to those that did purchase said packages/zen and get us back to playing the game.

Better to save the Realms from the few evils that ruin it for the many, then lose the Realms in the Maelstrom.

I agree!! has anyone at Cryptic taken note of the top of this page? A full 61% of your player base are demanding a complete wipe, including almost all of us who paid to see this game become reality. Wake up and smell the roses! It will cost you a lot more to not wipe then to wipe.
  • Options
    kardisskardiss Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe them all!
  • Options
    dleggdlegg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I desperately would like to see a new server created. Could we do a new poll with that as an option? I would love to think that if there is enough community support for a new server that our wish would be granted.