What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    gfortgfort Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a wipe of all banks, all currency of any type, all gear/companions/mounts/etc. Then give a chest with a package of basic gear equivalent to the level of the characters on the account, gold and Nightmare Lockboxes equal to the half the level of the character. A basic mount for levels 20 and above.
    Reset all feats and powers to zero spent.

Then, for all legitimate Zen purchases, refund the Zen to the account.

This way you get to keep your progress, and the economy is reset.
  • Options
    yurateiyuratei Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013

No, that is not another 1650 votes.

First of all, the likelihood of having many of the votes in that poll being from the same people who voted in this one is quite high. Therefore, you cannot simply say it's 1650 more votes.

But even more importantly, the options in the other poll you linked are distinctly different. So, no, those votes cannot just be added to the ones here because the options given were different.

And again, it still does not in any way shape or form address the fact that the huge majority of players would not be represented even if you added the number of votes in both polls as you suggest.
  • Options
    slikeyslikey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full Wipe, Keep foundry Content, reserve names, return originally purchased zen. The game has had to many exploits.... Dont make the same mistake as D3 did with there audits/we will fix the econ. Just reset... only takes a week to hit max level. Would make the game fun again to have a real level rush.

Alternatively Open a new server and credit us the zen we spend on the old server so we can CHOOSE to start over.

Thanks
  • Options
    fearnight1fearnight1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm fine with a full wipe IF the economy is damaged beyond repair. We don't know what solution they have come up with yet.
  • Options
    lasus67lasus67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the exploits, ban the cheaters, and wipe all characters.

In other words Start Over.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gfort wrote: »
    How about a wipe of all banks, all currency of any type, all gear/companions/mounts/etc. Then give a chest with a package of basic gear equivalent to the level of the characters on the account, gold and Nightmare Lockboxes equal to the half the level of the character. A basic mount for levels 20 and above.
    Reset all feats and powers to zero spent.

Then, for all legitimate Zen purchases, refund the Zen to the account.

This way you get to keep your progress, and the economy is reset.

And I loss my kitty I worked hard for doing peak time skirm/dungeon runs, Zen/AD exchange (pre-tanking around the 300-400 mark). Nope. Just got my cat to lvl 9 for christ sake don't take Lucifer away from me.

I still say fix the problem by returning ALL AH items to seller and make the items bind on pickup. All top tier (especial class related) should be Bind-on-Pickup anyways. That would help with those that like rolling NEED on everything also.
  • Options
    wyntiawyntia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a casual who has spent quite a bit on preorder/zen I also support a full wipe!
  • Options
    qwisperqwisper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe that the only real way to fix the problem would be to
    1) Make a Eula which players must agree to every time that they log in which contains an agreement not to cheat or exploit.
    2)Ban all of the accounts utilizing the exploit.
    3) Do a complete server wipe.
    4) Give the Zen and packs etc. back to all the players who have purchased it to start anew.

After all this is still "Beta" so a wipe should technically be eminent.
    And for the people who are FtP ^ see above.
    For the people who have purchased packs and zen, now that you know more about the game you would probably be able to spend it more wisely, I am sure there are quite a few who have spent some of their zen in ways that they would like to do differently if given the chance.
  • Options
    nausumnausum Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Yep, that's true.

It's not true that just because the forums represent 10% of the population, that we don't know what the other 90% think. The forums are a random sample - or even better - they represent users that are looking for longterm commitment to the game, rather than the P2 population that is going to give up after a week. Therefore, the minority reflects the majority.

Then again, there's also the botting aspect to consider; every post in this thread is not made by a bot, whereas a poll system can easily be abused by gold farmers who are excellently skilled at spamming in game; they can bot the poll to prevent a reset, thus securing their previous thefts.

A mass reset doesn't fix the problem, because the problem is exploits, and no one can predict those. They just happen and hopefully are mitigated. A mass reset corrects the game, which is heavily dependent on sales, and must occur from time to time, since the results of exploits cannot be reversed easily.
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    If in a one in a trillion chance that a character wipe occurs, then all Astral Diamonds from Founder Packs and Zen transferred to Neverwinter will be refunded like they did with Zen spent during the Beta Weekends. Converting Astral Diamonds to Zen won't have Zen refunded.

Cryptic wiping the Foundry missions would be an incredibly stupid decision, but if there are any exploit missions they missed, then I could see them deleting those missions.

No idea about Celestial/Ardent Coins or Glory, but I doubt they would allow us to keep those.

Some form of compensation is usually given in these types of situations that cause massive grief to the population. Even if no wipe occurs, I except some sort of compensation.

I believe a character wipe would be the worst possible thing that could happen to the game since it would decrease the amount of players that are playing the game and are interested in the game. I am certain that a huge amount of Neverwinter players aren't even aware of all these problems since it seems to be mostly endgame content. A wipe would come out as a shock for them and be seriously irritated that they lost their character.

the game is new, there will continue to be new players, there will be plenty of ex-customers without a wipe. and i hope to god they all chargeback, that's called incentive, to not allow this sort of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to happen again when they've allowed the same exact thing in previous games supposedly and supposedly knew about this in beta from it bein reported some claim. I don't know about that part, but I've seen screenshots posted about the auction bug in an older crytic game earlier. this is assinine. even more azzinine without a wipe. the wipe would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off free players that have had to work alittle harder yes, but they don't matter when it becomes a choice of losing them or people who have spent real world currency on the game. it's a simple choice. not to mention the well-deserved bad mouthing the game and company will get without a wipe. i don't suppose that will deter a lot of potential new customers? or does wow they wiped and made us feel like our money was actually a worthwile investment again, great job! (Good PR)
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    darksnakesdarksnakes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Approximately 27.75% of people have used exploits and profited from them :)
  • Options
    errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    yuratei wrote: »
    No, that is not another 1650 votes.

F... Yes I can. At that time that poll alone had more than 1650 votes in total. The guy asked for quantity. Learn to place things in context.
    yuratei wrote: »
    And again, it still does not in any way shape or form address the fact that the huge majority of players would not be represented even if you added the number of votes in both polls as you suggest.

I didn't suggest anything and you need some basic understanding of what a poll is.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level 60 is not that great. I support a full wipe as long as my Zen is refunded.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    I am a big fan of full wipes usually but I do not know if this is a good idea as I think half the players I know playing will just quit so I imagine there will be a mass exodus.

most of them would probably be freeloaders and exploiters, big loss.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also, I would like to say that I support the mass wipe in its entirety, and hope it will be done consistently and fully.

Diablo2 is still going strong all these years because they reset every 6 months; they have a ladder system. I'm not a big D2 fan, but a word of advice goes a long way ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    F... Yes I can. At that time that poll alone had more than 1650 votes in total. The guy asked for quantity. Learn to place things in context.

I didn't suggest anything and you need some basic understanding of what a poll is.

Polls and forum tallies are both random sample minority groups. Polls can be exploited very easily though, do you not understand this? How much does 1000 proxies cost - probably not a lot. Captcha breaking isn't very hard and this forum doesn't even have captcha. I bet you can't name a single poll in the history of the internet that was protected by a captcha, because I've been around since before the dot com bubble and haven't seen a single one (without getting into my profession).
  • Options
    jonjonlegendaryjonjonlegendary Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    full wipe and ip block !
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thank the gods the forums are only a very small percentage of the player base....
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's all Obama's fault.
  • Options
    satjitsatjit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    I imagine there will be a mass exodus.

You don't think this has already started happening? Without a wipe the hoarded currency on dummy accts will still be there. The founders and legitimate zen purchasers mostly agree to a wipe. Those that used the fast lvl exploits and other various ill gotten gains are pressing for no wipe. Either way wipe/no wipe, the axe of failed f2p launches has fallen.

Reddit has a nice write up on all the various exploits, dupes, work-a rounds still active at the time of the servers going down. The zen/ad/ah thing is only the most blatant. We will be right back here again next weekend...
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game is new, there will continue to be new players, there will be plenty of ex-customers without a wipe. and i hope to god they all chargeback, that's called incentive, to not allow this sort of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to happen again when they've allowed the same exact thing in previous games supposedly and supposedly knew about this in beta from it bein reported some claim. I don't know about that part, but I've seen screenshots posted about the auction bug in an older crytic game earlier. this is assinine. even more azzinine without a wipe. the wipe would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off free players that have had to work alittle harder yes, but they don't matter when it becomes a choice of losing them or people who have spent real world currency on the game. it's a simple choice. not to mention the well-deserved bad mouthing the game and company will get without a wipe. i don't suppose that will deter a lot of potential new customers? or does wow they wiped and made us feel like our money was actually a worthwile investment again, great job! (Good PR)

<
    Not a free player, doesn't want a wipe. There goes the hour it took you to post that.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    satjit wrote: »
    You don't think this has already started happening? Without a wipe the hoarded currency on dummy accts will still be there. The founders and legitimate zen purchasers mostly agree to a wipe. Those that used the fast lvl exploits and other various ill gotten gains are pressing for no wipe. Either way wipe/no wipe, the axe of failed f2p launches has fallen.

Reddit has a nice write up on all the various exploits, dupes, work-a rounds still active at the time of the servers going down. The zen/ad/ah thing is only the most blatant. We will be right back here again next weekend...

I don't agree. Don't speak for others.
  • Options
    unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First of all, I support a full wipe.

The exploits listed below are game breaking and have ruined the economy of the game.

1. Trading items at the pvp vendor for glory, then selling said items for AD.

2. Foundry exploit 60 in one hour (while this doesn't effect the economy directly and does indirectly based on number 3 exploit)

3. One shot bosses for loot, then fixed, then a new workaround to do the same exact thing.

4. Double AD.

These four alone have ruined the current state of the game and are imo valid enough to roll the entire game back. If these issues happened in any other MMO I am quite sure a restart would be in order. I am a HOTN+Guardian and will surely get my AD back that I paid 260.00 for, and I believe all real monies should be reimbursed in the form of Zen to the account holder.

There is no nice outcome for this. No one will be completely happy. You guys dogging us that paid are forgetting the fact that we lose ALL that headstart time to gain benefits over new players. We paid for that, not exploited it.

IF anything they could make a new server and I assure you myself and majority of others who love the game will happily switch over like its Day 1.

All you folk who desire the game in its current state can remain with your 9999BIL AD. I want my time to feel valuable. I want my account to feel valuable.

As a founder I thought 3.2MIL AD would last forever. That's nothing atm. In the headstart a phoera companion costs 600k AD, and dropped to 100k AD live. That's the one common denominator as AD prices should drop, NOT RISE! Otherwise what was my 260.00 purchase good for? A bag, wolf, panther, spider, glowie?

Prices should be low in live as the majority of the playerbase is F2P earning 20k AD a day on quests, and 50-100k a day on Leadership over lvl 16 (which takes ALOT to get too.)

At least make us a brand new server. Watch how many move. I will be one. I had a slight edge due to my purchases but this is just outright crazy.

How many people will be banned for above exploits? I assure you the population will drop ALOT.

Just make a new server if you aren't going to start over. You owe us that at a minimum imo.
    Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Thank the gods the forums are only a very small percentage of the player base....

It's a random sample, they represent the majority, if not better (because any who will take 2 seconds to post and write detailed comments is more likely to be looking for long-term commitment to the game).
  • Options
    errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    nausum wrote: »
    Polls and forum tallies are both random sample minority groups. Polls can be exploited very easily though, do you not understand this? How much does 1000 proxies cost - probably not a lot. Captcha breaking isn't very hard and this forum doesn't even have captcha. I bet you can't name a single poll in the history of the internet that was protected by a captcha, because I've been around since before the dot com bubble and haven't seen a single one (without getting into my profession).

lol. Yeah people disagreeing with you being a majority got to be one big conspiracy. Maybe there's a conspiracy the other way as well? woah!
  • Options
    darksnakesdarksnakes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Assuming realistically 25% of people used these exploits, then they of course are voting for no wipe so only around 2% of legitamate players don't want a wipe.

personally i voted for yes, i only downloaded this game few days ago but from reading redit and the forums it does sound like a ruined economy and not something i would be motivated to start playing.
  • Options
    unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The exploits listed below are game breaking and have ruined the economy of the game.

2. Foundry exploit 60 in one hour (while this doesn't effect the economy directly and does indirectly based on number 3 exploit)

3. One shot bosses for loot, then fixed, then a new workaround to do the same exact thing.

4. Double AD.

These four alone have ruined the current state of the game and are imo valid enough to roll the entire game back. If these issues happened in any other MMO I am quite sure a restart would be in order. I am a HOTN+Guardian and will surely get my AD back that I paid 260.00 for, and I believe all real monies should be reimbursed in the form of Zen to the account holder.

There is no nice outcome for this. No one will be completely happy. You guys dogging us that paid are forgetting the fact that we lose ALL that headstart time to gain benefits over new players. We paid for that, not exploited it.

IF anything they could make a new server and I assure you myself and majority of others who love the game will happily switch over like its Day 1.

All you folk who desire the game in its current state can remain with your 9999BIL AD. I want my time to feel valuable. I want my account to feel valuable.

As a founder I thought 3.2MIL AD would last forever. That's nothing atm. In the headstart a phoera companion costs 600k AD, and dropped to 100k AD live. That's the one common denominator as AD prices should drop, NOT RISE! Otherwise what was my 260.00 purchase good for? A bag, wolf, panther, spider, glowie?

Prices should be low in live as the majority of the playerbase is F2P earning 20k AD a day on quests, and 50-100k a day on Leadership over lvl 16 (which takes ALOT to get too.)

At least make us a brand new server. Watch how many move. I will be one. I had a slight edge due to my purchases but this is just outright crazy.

How many people will be banned for above exploits? I assure you the population will drop ALOT.

Just make a new server if you aren't going to start over. You owe us that at a minimum imo.
    Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    unclesalty wrote: »

4. Double AD.

Unfortunately, that won't work. I'm pretty sure there's really only one server to begin with, but they're planning to merge all shards into one anyway.
  • Options
    turlamturlam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe is by far the worst thing for a fix. Balance the scales and at the end of the day PWE/Cryptic would lose more players on a wipe than they would be on a rollback.

Rollback is still, in my opinion, the best solution. I am curious as to why it took them almost 12 hours to respond to an exploit that many players were openly using and discussing in chat. The impact to the already ruined in game economy from an AH exploit probably should have been a priority.

The other thing I am curious about is how far into the obvious are they going to investigate? Are players getting a 72 hr slap on the wrist or a full ban? Once the plan is decided on and implemented I almost feel as if I as a legit player am due a write up of the plan to fix this.
  • Options
    darfyxonedarfyxone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that if you already causing many imbalance
This discussion has been closed.