What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    yurateiyuratei Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    This poll is meaningless. As of this post, there are fewer than 300 votes on it. It would be completely ridiculous to assume how the people who are not coming to the forums and reading this would vote, nor would it be smart to assume anything about what percent of the cash-shoppers do and don't read the forums. If I were PWE and looked at this poll, and the number of people voting on it, I wouldn't even give it a second thought.
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    koiju wrote: »
    I support roll back not full wipe, I don't wanna re-level 2 level 60 characters :P

Full wipe is excessive and would be very bad publicity, roll back server and ban any associated accounts is far more sensible.

the problem is that it's a free to play game they can only ban that account not ip ban. they can just make a new account and start all over. unless they fix the problem
  • Options
    hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Foundry maps which give lvl 60 in hours, then items that 1 shot bosses and now unlimited money?

It's still beta, wipe it.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • Options
    errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    yuratei wrote: »
    This poll is meaningless. As of this post, there are fewer than 300 votes on it. It would be completely ridiculous to assume how the people who are not coming to the forums and reading this would vote, nor would it be smart to assume anything about what percent of the cash-shoppers do and don't read the forums. If I were PWE and looked at this poll, and the number of people voting on it, I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262762-The-current-situation-what-would-want-them-to-do/page42

Here's another 1650 votes currently.
  • Options
    koijukoiju Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bghost wrote: »
    the problem is that it's a free to play game they can only ban that account not ip ban. they can just make a new account and start all over. unless they fix the problem

Well DUH!

Surely I didn't need to state that they should also fix the exploit, I think we can all agree that's priority number one! :P
    I didn't think you'd be silly enough not to think I was also already including for them to fix the exploit!
  • Options
    eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHo cares if theres a wipe, its a beta as you all like to remind us!
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kindly request, and suggest, that you avoid punishing the entirety of the player base with wipes or days-wide rollbacks. A rollback used within hours can be a necessary inconvenience; a days-wide dragnet rollback is a punch in the gut to every honest player on behalf of a few criminals/exploiters.

If you have criminals to punish, then please go and find them, and punish them directly--and I hope that you will. If you're unable to do that, then please take a long, thoughtful look at your game mastering and administration tools. If you sacrifice days of progress for your entire playerbase on behalf of the criminal element, you're still giving the criminal element the last word. That's an unnecessary and unearned punishment for the rest of us.

All I've done is play and enjoy and love your game. I sincerely request not to be punished for this.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    maspien83maspien83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Still does not account for the majority of players that don't come to forums. In addition that poll is biased towards wipe/rollback because that's the only two things to pick. The 3rd is just a joke.

It is long known that the forums are full of the vocal minority of a game. The threads filled with a handful of people inflating the post count and vote count with alts, double post, and them talking to each other saying the same stuff over and over.

Since I am a betting man I bet most of the people would quit the game if they did a complete wipe and a good chunk would quit if they do a roll back.
  • Options
    clonzoneclonzone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Why a wipe won't work.
    Any game not in maintance mode gets updates
    updates can contain bugs
    bugs can be exploited
    sometime in the future you'd be asking for a wipe again.

You're confusing 'game-breaking exploit bugs' with typical 'walking through walls and **** bugs.' And if something like that were to occur later in the 'release' other than the 'open beta' then a rollback could be implemented, but since these bugs have been in the game since the closed beta and not been acknowledged, a full wipe is completely logical.
  • Options
    clonzoneclonzone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maspien83 wrote: »
    still does not account for the majority of players that don't come to forums. In addition that poll is biased towards wipe/rollback because that's the only two things to pick. The 3rd is just a joke.

It is long known that the forums are full of the vocal minority of a game. The threads filled with a handful of people inflating the post count and vote count with alts, double post, and them talking to each other saying the same stuff over and over.

Since i am a betting man i bet most of the people would quit the game if they did a complete wipe and a good chunk would quit if they do a roll back.

what is public opinion and how does it work
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maspien83 wrote: »
    *snip*.

All your accusations could just as well be made against the other side of the argument and those questions don't seem biased at all but rather neutral. A few thousands is usually a good number for a political poll anyway in most countries. It sound like you're just mad that people don't agree with you.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    92% of the no-voters don't want to lose their advantage in the ruined economy. Making up facts is fun.

I always loved this argument. The sad thing is, it's the most common one: If you don't want a wipe, you're an exploiter. I've seen it in every thread regarding wipes. Personally, I'm tired of the implication that:

1. I've played a lot of games, so I'm an exploiter that moves from game to game exploiting. I've seen this one used in an attempt to shut up people that don't want a wipe.

2. Because I value my time more highly than somebody else, I must be a cheater.

3. That because I only spent money on this game because there was supposed to be no wipe I'm an exploiter because I expect the company to live up to what it said before I spent my money.

Frankly, if these are the best arguments that can be brought to bear on people that don't want a wipe, why bother posting. I mean, if accusing someone of being a troll is an offense on the forums, why isn't accusing somebody of being an exploiter? I'd bet if they handed out a few forum bans, it would ease up the pressure on the forums.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    reichstar2reichstar2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I put $50.00 of real cash in on this game, just finally got my Cleric to 59th level after working my *** off in game and started working on my Mage Toon to 30th level, earning everything along the way when this BS started happening!

I vote NO WIPE! It will serve no purpose but allow the crooks to win, they win buy destroying the game, there intent anyhow. Fix the game by not allowing players to control the economy in the first place, NO AUCTION HOUSE...PERIOD! Do away with AD, refund everyone who bought them with ZEN, let them purchase something else, allow purchases only at NPC Vendors for items and sales at NPC vendors only for GOLD/SILVER/COPPER etc. Increase the amounts for Money drops so people can buy better items then and so it doesn't take as long. Economy Fixed!
  • Options
    bloodpoolzbloodpoolz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And here you folks go Wipe will not happen.
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.
  • Options
    dudezelldudezell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Why a wipe won't work.
    Any game not in maintance mode gets updates
    updates can contain bugs
    bugs can be exploited
    sometime in the future you'd be asking for a wipe again.

this is true, but if they could wipe the game +give zen/ad back to founders.. and keep everyones level the same. i think it would be a great idea, who cares if they lose half there player base they will gain it back. and i highly doubt they would lose half there player base, everyone knows this game needs a wipe one way or another.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I always loved this argument. The sad thing is, it's the most common one: If you don't want a wipe, you're an exploiter. I've seen it in every thread regarding wipes. Personally, I'm tired of the implication that:

1. I've played a lot of games, so I'm an exploiter that moves from game to game exploiting. I've seen this one used in an attempt to shut up people that don't want a wipe.

2. Because I value my time more highly than somebody else, I must be a cheater.

3. That because I only spent money on this game because there was supposed to be no wipe I'm an exploiter because I expect the company to live up to what it said before I spent my money.

Frankly, if these are the best arguments that can be brought to bear on people that don't want a wipe, why bother posting. I mean, if accusing someone of being a troll is an offense on the forums, why isn't accusing somebody of being an exploiter? I'd bet if they handed out a few forum bans, it would ease up the pressure on the forums.

Just accusing people you don't agree with of being an exploiter as a way of patronizing them doesn't deserve much respect in return. I'm all for a rational debate though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    (Edit: Timeout seem to have caused a double post.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    reichstar2 wrote: »
    Well I put $50.00 of real cash in on this game, just finally got my Cleric to 59th level after working my *** off in game and started working on my Mage Toon to 30th level, earning everything along the way when this BS started happening!

I vote NO WIPE! It will serve no purpose but allow the crooks to win, they win buy destroying the game, there intent anyhow. Fix the game by not allowing players to control the economy in the first place, NO AUCTION HOUSE...PERIOD! Do away with AD, refund everyone who bought them with ZEN, let them purchase something else, allow purchases only at NPC Vendors for items and sales at NPC vendors only for GOLD/SILVER/COPPER etc. Increase the amounts for Money drops so people can buy better items then and so it doesn't take as long. Economy Fixed!

auction houses are a big hit in any MMO why would they get rid of it? and more money drop and buying stuff your self from vendors.. ... "no auction house" def made me laugh.
  • Options
    shaggy73shaggy73 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe will not happen and if it does this game is officially pay to play rather just pay a monthly fee and not have people buying their way through.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    reichstar2 wrote: »

auction houses are a big hit in any MMO why would they get rid of it? and more money drop and buying stuff your self from vendors.. ... "no auction house" def made me laugh.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shaggy73 wrote: »
    Wipe will not happen and if it does this game is officially pay to play rather just pay a monthly fee and not have people buying their way through.

pay to play: means your paying a monthly fee or buying the game.. no where does it say pay to play... if a wipe happened and they refunded the donors they still only payed once, back to it not being pay to play.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe. I doubt they have cleaned everything out since it goes way back to the head start period, so if they don't wipe or do a longer investigation I don't see the point in continuing playing this game. Basicly most people won't get punished for exploiting, just because they where lucky that they didn't exploit during the "known period" when it was widely known how to do the exploit. And it will keep being like this in future exploits, they need to have a harder policy against exploiting than what they currently have.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing how I have just now been able to get my cat (via AD store and not given to me) via playing the game legit and questing, skirmishing/dungeon runs during the right time and nearly 60$ zen purchase, and my lvl 55 DC and 37CW, crafting time spent at work on the gateway I would have to so no.

Send all AH items back to the seller make the items bind on pickup and lets move on.

Sad to think my one day off from work this week would be spent watching a Server Down Dev post. :(
  • Options
    panini49panini49 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to the Foundry, the leveling content is constantly changing.
    I will enjoy grinding through the content again and seeing what people have contributed.
  • Options
    rykerjames93rykerjames93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only way I'd support a full character wipe is if all of the Zen we had bought was placed back into our wallet and the Astral diamonds from anyone's Founder's Pack was also replaced.
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    myxlplyk wrote: »
    If there were options other than leveling thought the exact same leveling content again it wouldn't be so bad. But if you already have a character at 60, and maybe an alt there too... How much do you want to play the leveling content again? Maybe if they also made it so that you could level though Foundry quests and just whenever it was time for your 12 slot bag quests Knoxy would just give them to you.

Even then, I don't see the viability of a full wipe. A substantial portion of the user base who have paid real money for the game so far would probably walk and those are the LAST people you want quitting. People who haven't paid a penny probably wouldn't care as much, but they also aren't the ones paying the bills.

Yeah!!!!! have quests like the original Everquest. Not a linear storyline that you have to follow. If you are strong enough to get your jboots at lvl 20, so be it, go get the quest. Most excellent idea ive seen on the server all day long. Would love to level through the foundry mostly because there's some awesome content out there. But I can't do too many or I'll lvl to high to do my stupid linear questing.
  • Options
    gfortgfort Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a wipe of all banks, all currency of any type, all gear/companions/mounts/etc. Then give a chest with a package of basic gear equivalent to the level of the characters on the account, gold and Nightmare Lockboxes equal to the half the level of the character. A basic mount for levels 20 and above.
    Reset all feats and powers to zero spent.

Then, for all legitimate Zen purchases, refund the Zen to the account.

This way you get to keep your progress, and the economy is reset.
  • Options
    jaredmergeljaredmergel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Support this.

As long....as they make gear BOP. It is really frustrating having other players hit 60, buy all epics and then attempt to run T2s with no knowledge of any fights. All endgame is already pointless. T2 should be built up to over a week or two of work.
  • Options
    aeonflushaeonflush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are more casuals the core active player that don't participate in the forums. This poll does not take the casuals into account, so it is not fully representative of the player base.

Also, people have multiple accounts, so this poll can be skewed somewhat.
This discussion has been closed.