test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

Comments

• Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh no. You had fun for two days and it was wasted?!
  • Options
    adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    You know what I would like? A "most wanted" list. These exploiters probably go from game to game and try to exploit the same bugs. They probably have a "bag of tricks" they go through as well. They must have similar naming systems, mull creation system, email addresses and such or some internet fingerprint system. If they created a list of these nutjobs (worst name I can think of without getting forum banned) and it was universally distributed across all MMO's so they can never play again that would be awesome. I know if it is possible but you hear about the FBI banning certain people. That would be just awesome. I would love to catch a person and report them and get them on that list.
  • Options
    anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It seems, the bug has nothing to do with me, and doesnt affect me.

A wipe of my character and effort would upset me.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That dude pulled 25% from the percentage of people that voted NO to a full wipe.

Oh, you mean the numbers he made up?
    darksnakes wrote: »
    The 25% of players using exploits is an assumption made by me, since around 27% of players voted for no wipe and 25% of players voted no wipe because they exploited, hence 2% of legit players don't want a wipe and 98% do want a wipe, though the 25% could be totally wrong, its just my guess.

Thx for not providing a screenshot...
    Technically, the poll should be only for anyone that's has paid into the game whether Founder, Guardians, or paid for any Zen. Since these are the paying customers who have more vested into the game and are supporting Cryptic's ability to develop and host the game.

Hey, it's this opinion again: If you're not spending, you don't have a right to an opinion. Yep, have seen this before, and it is just as tired and lame this time as the last time I saw it. The only requirement for posting on the forums is an active account. If you want to only hear from specific people, go make your own forums. This from someone that actually bought a Founder's Pack.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If i get my AD and all the zen i have purchased back, sure.
    "Drive it like u stole it"
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anashim wrote: »
    It seems, the bug has nothing to do with me, and doesnt affect me in anyway.

Because your opinion is contrary to the majority in the poll, you'll now be labeled an exploiter... That's the bully mentality of a lot the community here.
  • Options
    pizzenpizzen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a wipe as long as I get my Zen back.
  • Options
    supamelasupamela Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't care if you want a wipe. it won't happen.
  • Options
    triggermentriggermen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't support a full wipe.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    leadsaidleadsaid Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    400 dollars in, three 40s, and frankly, anything LESS than a full wipe or something equally comprehensive, will leave me pretty disappointed in Cryptic. Shut the game down, fix the exploits, wipe everything.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I support a full ban of exploiters, with investigation to find and ban their mules, and a full wipe of everyone that wants one, so they can start over while the rest of us laugh at them.:p
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's pointless asking for wipes. Devs already confirmed NO WIPES>
  • Options
    alberelleonhartalberelleonhart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anashim wrote: »
    It seems, the bug has nothing to do with me, and doesnt affect me.

Anyone that thinks this doesn't affect them has no understanding of economics and is incredibly naive.

Billions of ADs have been created from nothing causing massive hyperinflation of the economy. Cryptic/PWE will not be able to remove all of this currency because it has been going on since launch and much of it is now in the hands of innocent players who traded for it.

Hyperinflation means skyrocketing prices. If you did not get hold of these duped ADs in some way you will not be able to afford a single thing on the AH. It has everything to do with you and does affect you.

Bans and character-specific rollbacks of the the exploiters will not be enough as the ADs are now in the hands of innocent players. A general rollback will not be enough as this has been going on since launch. The only option to fix this is a complete wipe.
  • Options
    mwdalemwdale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am with you buddy.
  • Options
    n3rdhamm3rn3rdhamm3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe so long as I am refunded the ZEN I purchased.
  • Options
    leadsaidleadsaid Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sure. But now they have some evidence that there is support for a wider solution. May have an impact, even if they half-*** a fix the first time around.
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Obama-intimidating-on-facebook.jpg
    The American Public demands you wipe these servers, NOW!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Anyone with IQ higher than room temperature would like to see evidence that this exploit affected the economy in a hopeless way, deeply impacting the gameplay. Other than that, it's just a silly game of goofball opinions.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey, replace Obama with Nixon, and you'll get the idea of how much credibility using PotUS has for getting anything done.
  • Options
    mrchaos17mrchaos17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe as long as we get our Zen back :)
  • Options
    abominabomin Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support full wipe
  • Options
    smelcamismelcami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    do general cleaning, but to people spending their pocket money to help the server must return every penny or they will lose many people.
  • Options
    perjure2013perjure2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrchaos17 wrote: »
    I support a full wipe as long as we get our Zen back :)

I agree 100%
  • Options
    drachemitfahredrachemitfahre Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't support a wipe. If there is one, I won't be back. People who have worked weeks or months on their characters are simply told "sorry" start over?

This same thing happened with Runescape. An exploit screwed over the economy. They didn't wipe everyone. They deleted the characters involved (and those were a lot of them) and moved on.
  • Options
    bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double my ardent coin, replace my AD and Zen, double exp/glory for a week. Make rare and very rare items true to definition. How about some unique items? or even quests to get the parts for items that professions come into play during assembly?
    Silverhand
  • Options
    qwisperqwisper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't support a wipe. If there is one, I won't be back. People who have worked weeks or months on their characters are simply told "sorry" start over?

This same thing happened with Runescape. An exploit screwed over the economy. They didn't wipe everyone. They deleted the characters involved (and those were a lot of them) and moved on.

The thing here is that they are still calling this "beta" so honestly a wipe would be a good thing. They are finding bugs and have a chance to fix them. If you're going to do something then for heaven's sake then do it right.
  • Options
    piddunwpiddunw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yea but since players are the comunity, if a major part of it feels unfair to don't wipe at this point, i don't think they will be happy to play it again.
    @ if we have to reroll our character or so, why we don't care? Because those who want the wipe probably have played most of the game in "legit" modes and don't have anything to lose, if you like the game you can play it again from zero.
    But i feel there are lot of player who actually liked the game, just because they could exploit things making shortcuts all around, those players don't like the wipe idea.

If this pool represents the feeling of the comunity, almost 3/4 of the player base will not be happy to come back and play. Would you risk to lose 3/4, just to " save " those who probably have exploited anything for days?
  • Options
    kaedan69kaedan69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Months? The game has been out what...two weeks since soft launch? This might be open "beta" but to me that's just justfication to @#% up as much as they want while happilly taking everyones money. This has to be one of the most broken launches I've ever seen, be it open beta or not. From a technical side it's been fine, but with these huge GAMEBREAKING exploits being ingame since closed and only now being fixed..wtf.

They let some known bugs go on for days, the foundry exploits went on for almost a week, the GF bug went on for days, the ridiculous amount of t2 exploits that are still going on. If this game ever had a shot at any sort of economy or endgame it was on life support before what happened today even happened, all someone did today was trip over the cord and yank it out.

Everyone should be refunded and the game should fix these ridiculous exploits, and relaunch under a less broken state.
  • Options
    bayliebaylie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I DO NOT SUPPORT A FULL WIPE! If a full wipe happens, I am requesting my money back and if they do not charge it? Thank GOD My CC will give it back to me!

This is ridiculous! I think all the people in favor of this are the ones who exploited. I DID NOT CHEAT! I should not be punished for something I did not do! I do not want to lose hours and hours of gameplay! If that happens, this game will DIE. This is the most ludicrous thing I have seen. I can't believe people are in support of this.

You actually WANT to start over? WOW! If they do this, I hope the game crumbles.. FAST!

And having to relevel for some people may not be a big deal, but it is to me! I don't have all the time in the world to play 24/7. I level slow! I just got to 60! So yeah, I'll be super pissed.
This discussion has been closed.