• Options
    deepblue5deepblue5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lag forced double post /facepalm xD
  • Options
    wennidwennid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    I wonder how many times the words idiot, moron and stupid have been used in this thread:rolleyes:.

It's over 9000!
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm willing to bet that the server downtime isn't counted toward the CC countdown.
    So.... if we are not able to log in today... what happens to our coins? The ones that we pray to our god(s) for... the ones that I have been doing every day, that I hope will not be lost.

Anyone thought of this yet?
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well if they have to wipe i think we all should get free 250 zen! so least we can buy sum keys to see whats in them lockboxes :)

It's beta, they don't owe us anything for a wipe!!
  • Options
    naero111naero111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    Ok so your claim that "most people that are in favour of a server wipe are working adults" is based on one post in a one hundred page thread...

That's amazing!

*golf clap*

Working adult...supports a wipe.
    +2....
  • Options
    deepblue5deepblue5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously I dont know why people are even still discussing the options of to wipe or not to wipe - The Staff have already officially posted:
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 59m
    Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue.

So how about you save making mine and others eyes bleed with the broken record and just let them do what they got to do...this is gaming, bugs happen, exploits happen, botting happens - there is not one company out there that has a 100% clean MMO game at all times - as long as there are bored individuals who want to spend their days trying to hack their way around game files and processes there will ALWAYS be a new bug/exploit/way to bot...especially on a game that is as new as this and in the early stages of its potential development. Every new update, patch, added piece of content has the potential to have a huge bug/exploit attached to it, yes the testers try to eliminate as many of these as possible and in most cases they do but there will always be the chance of one appearing that was not noticed during the testing stages..thats gaming for you. You can blame the exploiters or the developers as much as you like, neither are at more or less fault then the other - yes the devs might have missed a bug, they are only human - yes the morally corrupt fellow human beings didn't report it and used it to their own advantages - ranting on the forums isn't helping anyone, scaremongering and spreading propoganda isnt helping anyone - being patient, constructive, polite and just learning to deal with it when something that interrupts what you would rather be doing happens will not only give yourself peace but the rest of us peace too.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aphrid wrote: »
    the only people upset over a wipe are the ones who made the AD exploiters $ by using 3rd party transactions to gain Ad in game.People who spent $ in zen don't really care because a wipe would return that zen to them, but the AD/gold buyers would be **** out of luck with no one to complain, and AD/gold sellers out of stock and out of a fast supply to. Legit players would just start over again with a market that was stable with prices they could afford in auction. the only thing that would really be lost is ardent coin count from time spent playing, which they could just do a gift or something to compensate.

I assure you that's not always the case. Myself, I could care less about a wipe. If they do I get my zen back. I made some poor choices early on so I wouldn't mind getting it back. And if they don't I keep my character's progress. Win - Win for me. My kid however would be devastated. She doesn't get as much time to play as me. And couldn't afford the zen shortcuts I could. I am sure there are many more people that would feel the same way as her. So not everyone wanting to avoid a wipe is an exploiter.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    You are an idiot as well. They were exploiting with a standard mobile device and web browser. They posted the negative prices not through the game interface but the web/browser interface. They didnt use their regular game accounts!!! Guess how many mobile phones share the same public IP address behind Verizon and AT&T Nat'ed routers? Wait, let me guess. 8th grade was the hardest 3 years of your life?

It would seem that by calling everyone an idiot you would make yourself a genius. Again you fail. You assume that every mobile device used in such an exploit was connected via 3G/4g/LTE. Once again NAT has nothing to do with validity of an IP ban.

Tracking down the actual user(s) is a different story. I do hope they get the servers up soon so you can stop making such a fool of yourself.
  • Options
    ronochronoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    it's simple let me tell you how this will end up...

They will do as much as they can to "fix" the problem but the exploited AD will still be takin advantage of after all this is said and done, whether it be in items etc. There will be groups of ppl super strong from taking advantage of this and rich that slip through the cracks. The economy will go back to normal in time but still, there will be ppl able to purchase any and everything they wanted.

They don't care about you all they care about is your money!
  • Options
    kithrankithran Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, so bad....

Can't even be bothered to properly update their "Update" thread...

After the last "update" they gave, this is now what we see...

Sincerely,

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.
    Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!
    Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!
    Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!
    Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours. We

PWE, you should simply be ashamed...

P.S.

No I did not cut anything off or change anything on what I copied. At the time I posted this, what I pasted is literally what the OP says....great QA going on here.
  • Options
    chewy067chewy067 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yoyoyom wrote: »
    I say we play a game and everytime we see one of those words we have to take a shot LOL

game on buddy lets do it lol
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guess 2 mill in AD was like pocket change to you then huh?
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naero111 wrote: »
    Working adult...supports a wipe.
    +2....

+ whatever number its up to now....
  • Options
    masarykmasaryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    I wonder how many times the words idiot, moron and stupid have been used in this thread:rolleyes:.

Only a moron would wonder how many times an idiot said stupid. Fool!

Haha j/k. I love you.
  • Options
    infamousdojo7infamousdojo7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are the servers still down?
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »

Three of you so far...
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    I would prefer there isn't a wipe because I want to continue using my original character. If there happened to be a wipe, I certainly won't quit, and I'll still enjoy the game. I would be a little disappointed, is all.

You could just remake the character. You can give him the same name, same looks, and run the same quests. As long as everything you did was legit, you can recreate him/her.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    carlitakos wrote: »
    Please, do not bother your mind with something you have absolutely no clue about!

You're right, I don't truly understand this. I'm a software developer, not a network engineer. I do remember reading somewhere that there is such a thing as multi-homed ISP's who might use it for something. And also there's Carrier-grade NAT, which is an implementation of NAT at the ISP level, but used for different things than I described. So in short, yeah, I'll concede that I don't know enough about networking to comment.
  • Options
    chewy067chewy067 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »

put me down for i dont care i play the game to kill time

+1 for unemployed adult who DGAF!
  • Options
    xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, no you are an idiot for calling him an idiot. Your point that you are so helpless to make is that banning the IP does ban the person behind it. NAT has nothing to do with it.

NAT is the technology inside the public facing router that rewrites the IP headers as it passes through the router. It is the #1 technology allowing many mobile devices, sharing the same public IP address, that were exploiting the negative prices to post those items on the AH. NAT is 95% of the reason they cant ban people, by IP address, for the exploits. It wasnt an in-game exploit. It was through their web interface to the Auction House. The exploiters didnt use their regular accounts, you cant trade AD or Xen directly, so they laundered the exploited AD through the Auction House.

So, please tell me, why the original poster thought it was possible to ban people based in IP? He doesnt understand the technology, the neverwinter web gateway, AH or game mechanics that all lead to the exploit.
  • Options
    iicepik257iicepik257 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This exploit has devalued the A.D. I feel for all those who supported the game buying founders packs with hard earned money only to have them worth maybe 50 cents on the dollar. A wipe or significant roll back is the way to go.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deepblue5 wrote: »
    So how about you save making mine and others eyes bleed with the broken record and just let them do what they got to do...

Probably because the twitter person didn't even know people were asking for an actual wipe. If you read the earlier post... "I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen." People were talking about a wipe over this exploit in the forums since yesterday and they didn't even know?
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    You could just remake the character. You can give him the same name, same looks, and run the same quests. As long as everything you did was legit, you can recreate him/her.

A remake is not the original.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iicepik257 wrote: »
    This exploit has devalued the A.D. I feel for all those who supported the game buying founders packs with hard earned money only to have them worth maybe 50 cents on the dollar. A wipe or significant roll back is the way to go.

You can't devalue something that has no real-world monetary value.
  • Options
    kithrankithran Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    Three of you so far...

FYI, on the two polls that are currently going for "who wants a wipe"

60.82% in favor

and

70.86% in favor

total of approx 2000 votes..

apparently more than three....
  • Options
    cutegaycutegay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kithran wrote: »
    LOL, so bad....

Can't even be bothered to properly update their "Update" thread...

After the last "update" they gave, this is now what we see...

Sincerely,

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.
    Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!
    Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!
    Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!
    Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours. We

PWE, you should simply be ashamed...

P.S.

No I did not cut anything off or change anything on what I copied. At the time I posted this, what I pasted is literally what the OP says....great QA going on here.

'Shard wipe roll back' wonder what that means? Considering this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has been going on since day 1.

Always wondered how in day one I read on website 'We sell 400mil AD for $100 dollars'
  • Options
    nojo2211nojo2211 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Here's a solution, open a new shard and make the decision to start over optional. Guarantee it's the most popular shard you'll have. Clean slate for those of us that want it.
  • Options
    maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iicepik257 wrote: »

I like seeing people that do understand, that Founder Pack purchasers are the ones that are getting (@# over here. I don't really see it affecting many others like those that spent money to buy AD to support the game for that perk to be, just like you said, worth half at best now.
  • Options
    toolkit68toolkit68 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The point is that most of us working adults dont have time on a sunday/holiday to spend here and put our fingers up because you want us to. We left when we figured that they are working a major issue and will come back whenever its running again. There goes your math for today.

+ a couple of adults