test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    darkstarx3darkstarx3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the mistakes of a few can screw with everyone hell i spent serious time making my AD through dungeon and pvp runs and IF they roll back my hard earned AD or time im gone for good and never touch another PW game
  • Options
    wombleywombley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Real cash should not have been used in a "beta" release. You reap what you sow.
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I prefer a rollback. 24-48 hrs maybe. This didnt balloon until then.
  • Options
    ladywillow15ladywillow15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archiewind wrote: »
    u cant catch them all

But...but... I wanna be the very best!

Humor aside, I guess I don't understand the value of you all continuing to carry on the "character wipe" conversation. They aren't doing it under any circumstances whatsoever. It isn't even a remote possibility.... so why keep beating a dead horse?

I'm reminded of an interesting saying: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".
  • Options
    bnotoriousbnotorious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of these internet forum lawyer are cracking me up!
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *grumble* *grumble*

I just love how what was originally stated to be just two more hours (after the first hour) is now 5 to 6 hours. On a Sunday. Now entering prime time. Gotta love it. Even more so, that us who spend almost all of our time in the Foundry to make them free content can't even do that while they take care of these exploits... which they have known about since March but didn't do anything until now. Fantastic. Please, add some potatoes to my sarcasm steak while we're at. ;)

Seriously though, I can't be too annoyed for a free game (for me at least). I just wish they'd separate the Foundry from being always online, then just sync up/authenticate when we publish or do updates.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    brozzebrozze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they roll back and I lose my level 60. I am quitting. It doesn't take a few days to get to level 60. It took a few days when people exploited the foundry exp. It took me a few weeks to get to level 60. Of course not fully always questing/pvping/duneon runs.

They're not wiping, they even said on the post..
  • Options
    noelynotnoelynot Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    There may/will be rollbacks of everything? Toon level progress? Crafting progress? Money progress only?
    Should I even play at this point? Or will I lose any progress? May? Will? Etc.?

This post could be so much more informative.

IT'S BETA!!! If an issue like this during beta causes you to want to quit, then no, you shouldn't even play at this point. And as they stated CLEARLY in their post, they have not determined what steps will be needed yet.

They WILL fix the problem and it WON'T require a complete wipe, so that is good news. It sucks that the server is down, but if you can't be patient with issues like this, wait until they announce full product release and THEN play.
    What am I supposed to do with all this gold?
  • Options
    drpicklewhipdrpicklewhip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toolkit68 wrote: »
    Risking to be the bad guy now - but the founders pack doesnt automatically entitle you to elaborate premium extra services - you agreed to the same ToS as anyone else. You basically did an investment - like into a stock. When the stock isnt rising as you hoped for you wont be able to claim a refund either nor could you expect to get more information or service than any other.

clearly you do not understand how preferred stock works
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, just to clarify something... when you say the "plan of action" isn't yet determined... does that mean that you haven't actually started fixing things? Be straight with us, here...

When the initial assessment of 1 hour downtime was given... was that just hot air?

Can we expect to be playing at all tonight/today?

When they gave the original 1 hour downtime estimate they said that was to study the problem. Not to fix anything. Obviously they realized how complicated it was after they looked into it. As for playing tonight... at this point who knows.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    milkstashmilkstash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is outrageous! I demand at LEAST three taco's as compensation. Any less then three is unacceptable, I can't believe there is problems with this game that is in open-beta, I am definitly in a position to make demands! I am filing a lawsuit if i don't get these taco's, I will BACKTRACE this! the game has been down for more than 5 hours!
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a full wipe were to occur, I would not just want Zen I purchased to be refunded to my account. I'd want Zen to be refunded back to my credit card as well as the Founder's package.
  • Options
    zerowaitzerowait Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But then again, think about how many days has this bug exploited?
    How many players/characters were created to stash the Items, Astral Diamonds & Zens?

We're screwed people.
  • Options
    alchemydevilalchemydevil Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Music Soothes the Savage Beast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMX8GRXP-E
  • Options
    metalgeard20metalgeard20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.[/color][/b]

You should really search for accounts that have over 3 million AD on characters below 60.
    And delete them.

The "mule" accounts that are packed full of epics and AD are still going to blow up the economy.
  • Options
    yeahmunyeahmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    talg8or wrote: »
    This IS a beta, right? This is when we want the problems to occur and the debugging to occur.
    Yes! Somebody else gets it! If I could I'd give you a trophy sir for thinking rationally! Considering most of the juveniles posting/spamming/trolling on the downtime well...need we say more? keyword being "juveniles"... Everything will be dealt with within a timely manner, these people are fortunate for the level of response given by the NW staff! I've been watching social media networks since the server went down and they have been spamming out individual responses all day! Cut the guys some slack and let them do their job. We'll find out what course of action happens soon enough...
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    There sure are a lot of assumptions being made and a whole lot of people who failed to read the latest update before posting. They may simply rollback players who were involved in utilizing the bug. So no I don't feel bad if you benefited from actually using the exploit and now it is being taken away. It's nothing you earned that you are losing nor is it a punishment in any way shape or form. It is simply rectifying an error. I'm somewhat surprised that with this being an option they didn't rollback the characters who leveled from 1 to 60 in an hour. It doesn't matter if somehow it's the best loot you've ever acquired either. If it's loot that you acquired through this exploit and you are threatening to quit because you are going to lose it, I hope you don't expect a going away party. That being said it's understandable that it would be upsetting to lose progression but in the long run a small sacrifice for a much greater gain. It brings value back to whatever you may have deservedly acquired.
  • Options
    dnh2dnh2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    I hope to get in game soon. Drinking beer starting now until I get back into game(and probably when i get back into game too). Hopefully I dont pass out.

LOL, good plan
  • Options
    xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh the conversation within the conversation. You might want to do a little more research on NAT. It does not re-write any headers. NAT translates source and destination as needed.

I don't know why the original poster thought it was possible to ban people based on IP. I only know that you calling him an idiot and stating that NAT was the reason makes you every bit the idiot that you would name him.

"In computer networking, network address translation (NAT) is the process of modifying IP address information in IPv4 headers while in transit across a traffic routing device."

Wow. I guess I am once again right, and you are, hum... Wrong? The router maintains the connection table and rewrites the IP address in the header and checksums. My god you really dont know your OSI layers or technologies do you. Tell me, how many college campus PC's, users, etc share the same public IP? How many mobile devices? How many corporate devices? How many Starbuck and Internet Cafe? Because they are NAT behind public routers. Please, go back to school. Banning by IP is completely impossible.
  • Options
    cutegaycutegay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wipe is the only way to go because people who bought Zen will be asking for refunds since people who used the exploit used the Astral Diamond to buy the Zen.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nwinue wrote: »

I'd like to thank the developers and the company for the following:
    • Working on a sunday WHILST OPERATING A 24x7 SERVICE MODEL
    • Supporting concerns in the gaming community for a free MMO while in beta INTO WHICH MANY PEOPLE HAVE PAID RL CASH
    • HOPEFULLY rectifying the problem and developing an action plan

Fixed it for you...
  • Options
    metalgeard20metalgeard20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    damnyankeedamnyankee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nwinue wrote: »
    Oh this is pure comedy. A full day wasted by not being able to play a game - or is it not being able to replay? Need some more grammatical accuracy there.

I'd like to thank the developers and the company for the following:
    • Working on a sunday
    • Supporting concerns in the gaming community for a free MMO while in beta
    • Rectifying the problem and developing an action plan

Working in software development I understand how much work it is taking to go through and review/research, update and reload. Thanks for the professionalism and the quick response and updates. It goes a long way.

while I am a cook, and know little of comp tech, I agree wholeheartedly with your comment, Tho, i feel I must add this...they should string those exploiters up by the shorthairs
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.[color]

Then you have decided to NOT address all the exploits.

Why allow the exploiters to keep they ill-gotten gains? A full wipe is the only way to insure an even playing field.

Are you refunding part of the money we paid for Founders Packs? The value is certainly less than the $700 you advertised.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    davidcoppafeeldavidcoppafeel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UPDATES ARE HERE https://www.facebook.com/NeverWinterGame
    https://twitter.com/neverwintergame

And why is everyone still talking about a wipe? They stated in facebook and in twitter IT WILL NOT BE AN OPTION! Only the possibility of banning and rollbacks. The polls were not created by PWE or Cryptic, only Players. Although personally, I would support a wipe. There are some really good things being said here in forums. But please people; only trust what comes from the company in their thread posts, not the gaming community itself.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote:
    You're right getting to 60 only takes a couple of days and that's when the game begins, what takes longer is the hundreds of hours invested in crafting and obtaining T2 & T3 gear & high level enchantments.

What I suspect will happen is they will looking into data mining all the exploited transactions & laundering, if they can't do that they'll just do a short rollback instead.
    Wrongo mr leveling genius, some of us can only play an hour or so a day or less. It took me considerably longer to level to 60 not to mention the days I spent getting my Crafting skill up, don't be so free to throw away other peoples time...some of us value time more than money.

I see you're another one having extreme difficulty following a simple conversation did you even read what I wrote?

The emphasis of my post is specifically based on the value time invested but somehow in contrary you managed to translate this into being based on value of money.

You make two short planks look like a computer....
  • Options
    papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    I hope to get in game soon. Drinking beer starting now until I get back into game(and probably when i get back into game too). Hopefully I dont pass out.

Halfway through 2nd.
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I prefer a rollback. 24-48 hrs maybe. This didnt balloon until then.
  • Options
    darkwingduck315darkwingduck315 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    freaking server is still down.. wtf man
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ondesvin wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks this is the poll that is going on atm. for a full wipe or not and at, we are 71% for a full wipe with allmost 400 votes
    A big percentage of the forums are founders or people who have bought zen.