What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    In other news, I just saw that Elder Scrolls is accepting beta applications.... ijs
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ambermaj wrote: »
    Or perhaps they feel a couple of days to relevel to 60 is a small price to pay for a functioning economy (kinda a mature way to look at it). As for money, I expect PWE could do the same thing they did during the closed betas. They can just refund all bought Zen when they wipe/restart.

I am personally hoping they find a good way to avoid a wipe. I like my characters. I'll accept one if it turns out to be the only way to get the game back online with a working economy though.

You're right getting to 60 only takes a couple of days and that's when the game begins, what takes longer is the hundreds of hours invested in crafting and obtaining T2 & T3 gear & high level enchantments.

What I suspect will happen is they will looking into data mining all the exploited transactions & laundering, if they can't do that they'll just do a short rollback instead.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they could just load a backup till before they had the issue with the ah, dont they keep logs backup ?
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    deepblue5deepblue5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grr again with forum lag causing double post...
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and those 30-40% against it would quite likely quit. and thats a large number.
    And that 2000 is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compared to real number of players.
  • Options
    wennidwennid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nojo2211 wrote: »
    Here's a solution, open a new shard and make the decision to start over optional. Guarantee it's the most popular shard you'll have. Clean slate for those of us that want it.

Good idea. +1
  • Options
    deepblue5deepblue5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Probably because the twitter person didn't even know people were asking for an actual wipe. If you read the earlier post... "I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen." People were talking about a wipe over this exploit in the forums since yesterday and they didn't even know?

Actually they asked if thats what the person meant, then they had it clarified that they were talking about a full wipe and then they answered with full wipe being off the table - If you read the "whole" conversation and twitter feed ;)
  • Options
    eatabageatabag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to all you PWE sea-lawyers sharing your limitless knowledge of the inner workings of this company......now lets hear from someone who actually works for the company.
  • Options
    toolkit68toolkit68 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    I like seeing people that do understand, that Founder Pack purchasers are the ones that are getting (@# over here. I don't really see it affecting many others like those that spent money to buy AD to support the game for that perk to be, just like you said, worth half at best now.

Risking to be the bad guy now - but the founders pack doesnt automatically entitle you to elaborate premium extra services - you agreed to the same ToS as anyone else. You basically did an investment - like into a stock. When the stock isnt rising as you hoped for you wont be able to claim a refund either nor could you expect to get more information or service than any other.
  • Options
    belgarion44belgarion44 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cipher

If your out there watching and i'm sure your monitoring. Any chance we can get a heads up on an eta for restart?

Bel
  • Options
    mynamehere74mynamehere74 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say bring the servers back up. Don't need the Astral Exchange anyway. Using Astral Diamonds in the AH instead of in game gold was a bad idea from the start. Astral Diamonds should be char bond no trade.
  • Options
    jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maicakat wrote: »
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.

*clap* This is exactly what their response should be. Bravo PWE!
  • Options
    druftiexdruftiex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that they say "there is no reason to go back to the start" when this very exploit has been used since the start. Oh well, just make a new server for those who want to leave the ruined economy and all is fine...
  • Options
    atasi246atasi246 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a full wipe is not in the plans, then I will be quitting. Its ****ing stupid to have a full day or even two of my time wasted, when I had nothing to do with the exploit. Id rather start from scratch with a full refund then have to start and do the ****ing pirate zone over again.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kithran wrote: »
    LOL, so bad....

Can't even be bothered to properly update their "Update" thread...

After the last "update" they gave, this is now what we see...

Sincerely,

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.
    Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!
    Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!
    Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!
    Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours. We

PWE, you should simply be ashamed...

P.S.

No I did not cut anything off or change anything on what I copied. At the time I posted this, what I pasted is literally what the OP says....great QA going on here.

It's a known issue with the forum software that it cuts off if you use certain special characters.

Chances are whoever updated the main post had to rush off before checking if it had gone through properly, there was something that pulled whoever ran the twitter AFK for 40 mins so there could have been a meeting about it that whoever updated the post had to run off to deal with.
  • Options
    xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once again NAT has nothing to do with validity of an IP ban.

NAT is the #1 reason an IP ban wont be valid. You keep strengthening my answer, not weakening it. Please, keep commenting. You are only helping my case.
  • Options
    trailturtleadmintrailturtleadmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.[color]
  • Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    iicepik257 wrote: »
    This exploit has devalued the A.D. I feel for all those who supported the game buying founders packs with hard earned money only to have them worth maybe 50 cents on the dollar. A wipe or significant roll back is the way to go.

I completely agree. I personally would like to see a rollback now and a wipe later. This isn't the only outrageous exploit people have used and at some point we'll need a refund for zen and a whole server wipe.

Otherwise you can expect to see some people demanding for refunds as what you advertised as a $500 value will soon be obviously less than he $200 we paid.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foxwater wrote: »
    Sigh.

No wipe is not a good idea. I know it would have pissed off a lot of people but it would have restored faith in the community as well. The 'no wipe' means your going to miss a group of them, they are going to return and they are goign to destroy the economy completley again, and you will be back to square one.

Or, your left with leaving several happy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who can completely overpower anybody in pvp because they have godly equipment slotted, or who can fund endless expansions to their guild or friends because they have too much zen, or artificially keep the prices on transfer high cos they have so much...etc

Thats not even talking about th large mass of idiots who steamrolled from 1-60 in 2-3 hours, then not knowing how to play their class at all for the most part proceeded to complain on forum about everything and anything...(Frankly no matter how much experience you have, if you went 1-60 via exploits you didnt have the time required to really get to grips with your class and shouldnt be commenting balance. at all.)

Oh well. I'll keep playing and having fun but I guess the economy is going to take months to recover.

months is far too long for me. hopefully I get an invite into elder scrolls beta, otherwise I already marvel closed and launch is soon, and rift goes ftp in june and I'll hopefully get some bonuses for my old account and sub from last year. I'd also rather sit and play with myself than deal with the bitterness I'll have everytime I see the outrageous diamond prices of every little thing int he game come up, and have a bunch that i do nothing with since the exchange rates will likely be **** for months and I WILL NOT take aloss on zen bause of it ont he exchange rates, since I bought the zen that made those diamonds with USD and planned to save them for the expected settling of better conversion rates if this **** had all never happened in the f irst place. and I thought I was the smart one. fromt his point on, any and every exploit I getw ind of I am taking full advantage of on other accounts through proxy, I'm something for the choice between a loss in overall zen I paid actually money for to dikweeds who paid nothing at all or waiting months until i dont have to take laoss on it, HOPEFULLY, which is not acceptable to me I will not wait months and it owuld be too late for chargeback then as well . god I am pissed.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow this thread is going places.

Round and round in circles maybe.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kithran wrote: »
    FYI, on the two polls that are currently going for "who wants a wipe"

60.82% in favor

and

70.86% in favor

total of approx 2000 votes..

apparently more than three....

Apparently you're having some troubles following a simple conversation...

The claim is "the majority of players who want a complete server wipe are working adults" but no evidence was posted along with the claim.

The polls also seem like a pointless endeavor since Perfect World have already stated on several occasions today that there will be categorically and absolutely no server wipe.
  • Options
    dadkkmallleksmmdadkkmallleksmm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    You're right getting to 60 only takes a couple of days and that's when the game begins, what takes longer is the hundreds of hours invested in crafting and obtaining T2 & T3 gear & high level enchantments.

You realize that for some of us it takes many weeks because we have jobs, families, responsibilities, other interests. We don't have the luxury to sit at our computer 12 hours a day and play a game.
  • Options
    slimyrock54slimyrock54 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is in beta testing, they aren't passing the game off as a finished product, quit whinning..
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    full wipe may not be needed if they have the options to remvoe any bug influences items - you dotn have to reset levels, archievements, quest progress, craft progress and such for that.
  • Options
    lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im a legit level 60 player and got the best loot of my 7 day play time 12 hours ago, if you roll back at all I will quit.
  • Options
    jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say bring the servers back up. Don't need the Astral Exchange anyway. Using Astral Diamonds in the AH instead of in game gold was a bad idea from the start. Astral Diamonds should be char bond no trade.

I have to agree 100% with this. I was pretty shocked the first time I visited the AH and found it was all AD. They didn't do that with STO and Dilithium so I don't know why they decided to go with AD on the Neverwinter AH. Would have made much more sense to stick with Gold on the AH and make AD used just like Dilithium is in STO.
  • Options
    xzorphynnxzorphynn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eatabag wrote: »
    Thanks to all you PWE sea-lawyers sharing your limitless knowledge of the inner workings of this company......now lets hear from someone who actually works for the company.

Hear, Hear!!! Seriously, lets get the game back up!
  • Options
    snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    NAT is the technology inside the public facing router that rewrites the IP headers as it passes through the router. It is the #1 technology allowing many mobile devices, sharing the same public IP address, that were exploiting the negative prices to post those items on the AH. NAT is 95% of the reason they cant ban people, by IP address, for the exploits. It wasnt an in-game exploit. It was through their web interface to the Auction House. The exploiters didnt use their regular accounts, you cant trade AD or Xen directly, so they laundered the exploited AD through the Auction House.

So, please tell me, why the original poster thought it was possible to ban people based in IP? He doesnt understand the technology, the neverwinter web gateway, AH or game mechanics that all lead to the exploit.

Ahh the conversation within the conversation. You might want to do a little more research on NAT. It does not re-write any headers. NAT translates source and destination as needed.

I don't know why the original poster thought it was possible to ban people based on IP. I only know that you calling him an idiot and stating that NAT was the reason makes you every bit the idiot that you would name him.
  • Options
    dadkkmallleksmmdadkkmallleksmm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »

What I suspect will happen is they will looking into data mining all the exploited transactions & laundering, if they can't do that they'll just do a short rollback instead.

You realize that for some of us it takes many weeks because we have jobs, families, responsibilities, other interests. We don't have the luxury to sit at our computer 12 hours a day and play a game.
  • Options
    snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    NAT is the technology inside the public facing router that rewrites the IP headers as it passes through the router. It is the #1 technology allowing many mobile devices, sharing the same public IP address, that were exploiting the negative prices to post those items on the AH. NAT is 95% of the reason they cant ban people, by IP address, for the exploits. It wasnt an in-game exploit. It was through their web interface to the Auction House. The exploiters didnt use their regular accounts, you cant trade AD or Xen directly, so they laundered the exploited AD through the Auction House.

So, please tell me, why the original poster thought it was possible to ban people based in IP? He doesnt understand the technology, the neverwinter web gateway, AH or game mechanics that all lead to the exploit.

Ahh the conversation within the conversation. You might want to do a little more research on NAT. It does not re-write any headers. NAT translates source and destination as needed.

I don't know why the original poster thought it was possible to ban people based on IP. I only know that you calling him an idiot and stating that NAT was the reason makes you every bit the idiot that you would name him.