test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If theres no wipe, I'm done.

worzabonkworzabonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Sorry guys, I mean, it's been a fun ride, it really has. You have a gem of a game here, and myself and my wife both really enjoy playing.

But the exploits over the past few weeks...lets face it, the AD AH exploit is just the tip of the iceberg. We've had so many exploits in the last month, those of us who don't cheat, who refuse to cheat, who avoid cheaters, cheating and exploits like the spellplague, we're at a disadvantage.

We leveled via questing. We didn't farm ogres in cages to fly to 60 in a few hours.

We didn't abuse the AH to make enormous amounts of AD, which we then palmed off to mule accounts and/or sold it for real world profit.

We BOUGHT zen, and supported your company.

We didn't farm t1-2 dungeons via exploits for insane gold and items.

We played the game legitimately. And we lost. The economy is totally broken, overvalued, and those of us lowly non cheaters are, for the most part, priced out of the market totally.

And you've just confirmed via twitter you will not be wiping, not resetting the very obviously broken servers, not putting us all on a level playing field. And 72 hour bans for exploiters? Yeah, I'll pass. All that says is 'please, exploit all you like, you'll make a few thousand bucks in profit, destabilize the market, ruin it for everyone else, but hey that's cool, see you in a few days'.

So Cryptic, PWI, it's been fun, it really has. I've enjoyed your games, NW, and STO. I enjoyed my Neverember guard, and my numerous starships from your Zen store. But this is it for me. I'm not going to sit back, and watch the exploiters, and those who benefitted from those exploits power ahead and leave me, us, in the dust.

This is not rage. Just...sadness. It's been a fun ride.

Stay Hoopy.
Post edited by worzabonk on

Comments

• Options
    kinome777a1kinome777a1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    K.

Can I have your account?
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See ya.

Not to mention you don't even know what the market is going to look like in a day. Or much less two weeks from now.

Although anyone who exploited the AH thing really needs a permanent ban.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leave. There's a lot of people like you threatening to leave if there isn't a wipe, but the Foundry authors are collectively against it, and one of them is more important to the longevity of this game than a hundred whiny players like you in the long run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, unlike the rest of the jackasses who appear to be posting here. I'm right there with ya bud. I'm not saying I'm there yet. I will wait it out and try to make them see reason. But I certainly cannot fault you for dumping this title at this time. The people at DDO have to be LOVING this.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wish you luck, I'm waiting to see OFFICIAL word on what PW is gonna do. The thin line they are walking it could go either way but the outlook looks bleak imo.
  • Options
    wildstylerzwildstylerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There has already been given out perm bans to some users though? Go check out the subreddit called Neverwinter for clarification.

Personally, i have spend a good 300 USD on the game aswell. I'd be in favor of a wipe of everything, as it's already pretty screwed over >.< Few day rollbacks could possibly sort it aswell, and character rollbacks on said exploiters, could solve it aswell though.

For OP, I'd suggest just sticking around, and seeing what their solution is. For me personally, not all hope is lost yet. Who knows, perhaps it all works out fine =)
  • Options
    poptunepoptune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why you complain about ah prices? You wanna get epics for free? Big **** mistake in this game was to make all epics BOE, not the ah exploit prices.

And if they do wipe the characters then im quitting. I didnt exploit, i didnt do anything wrong, but i just cant bother to level new character trough those boring zones
  • Options
    sappho225sappho225 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    worzabonk wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I mean, it's been a fun ride, it really has. You have a gem of a game here, and myself and my wife both really enjoy playing.

But the exploits over the past few weeks...lets face it, the AD AH exploit is just the tip of the iceberg. We've had so many exploits in the last month, those of us who don't cheat, who refuse to cheat, who avoid cheaters, cheating and exploits like the spellplague, we're at a disadvantage.

We leveled via questing. We didn't farm ogres in cages to fly to 60 in a few hours.

We didn't abuse the AH to make enormous amounts of AD, which we then palmed off to mule accounts and/or sold it for real world profit.

We played the game legitimately. And we lost. The economy is totally broken, overvalued, and those of us lowly non cheaters are, for the most part, priced out of the market totally.

And you've just confirmed via twitter you will not be wiping, not resetting the very obviously broken servers, not putting us all on a level playing field. And 72 hour bans for exploiters? Yeah, I'll pass. All that says is 'please, exploit all you like, you'll make a few thousand bucks in profit, destabilize the market, ruin it for everyone else, but hey that's cool, see you in a few days'.

So Cryptic, PWI, it's been fun, it really has. I've enjoyed your games, NW, and STO. I enjoyed my Neverember guard, and my numerous starships from your Zen store. But this is it for me. I'm not going to sit back, and watch the exploiters, and those who benefitted from those exploits power ahead and leave me, us, in the dust.

Stay Hoopy.

Welp they have said on twitter no wipe, so can i has your stuffs?
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    do it like me. recharge your money via paypal - credit card.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    gameoveryoulostgameoveryoulost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just started playing Neverwinter and I'm nervous to start leveling and then get all my stuff wiped.... could I get a official word on If there Is gonna be a wipe or not?

Thanks again --
  • Options
    cthulhuslawyercthulhuslawyer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens... See how hard the Ban hammer hits, if at all. Im in favor of a wipe if i get the Zen and some compensation for my lvl and gear lost !!!
  • Options
    karmariuskarmarius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Stay Hoopy.

Ok, bye, who cares...

No wipe at all --> https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336253117937090560
  • Options
    revelantgamesrevelantgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree:

1. There is no bonus in supporting the release of a game and being shafting in the end by declaring a server-wide wipe.

2. Allowing exploiters to continue to exploit your game to internally and externally create setbacks that place other players at risk.

3. Prevent players, who refuse to abuse the gameplay mechanics by choosing to play fair, from keeping earned labor. As awkward as this may sound, the exploiters have helped as well as hurt the community a great deal.
    3b. Without the access to certain items, some players might have taken their business
    elsewhere. The crowd turnout could be less, and other player
  • Options
    draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    davan9k wrote: »
    do it like me. recharge your money via paypal - credit card.

Explain this please. I see people claiming this but they don't explain it.
  • Options
    agalexionagalexion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just started, if it's wiped, I'm quitting.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipes or days-wide rollbacks.

Don't punish me for playing, enjoying and investing hundreds of dollars in your game.

Dear Cryptic, want to help NCSoft twist the knife in my back a little further after City of Heroes? Because that's what would be accomplished.

I want you to find those exploiters, and don't just punish them but punish them and make an example of them.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    shadestealshadesteal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't let the door hit you on the A** on the way out!.... waaa waaaa no wipe me want refund waaa ..... Please leave, you will help the game immensely if you do.

You purchased a digital product said product is working as advertised, founders pack / zen ect.. therefore you will not get a refund.... Period... BS or Photoshop yourself a lie if you need too no one will believe you.

While you are at it read the TOS it tells you everything they can do with THERE game that they let you play for free.... its your choice to spend money on it, no one forces you.. so when you finish crying refund.. tell me... What do you want to be when you grow up?
    wait don't bother its probably social security pay-outs...
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im in your same boat . My wife is laughing at me . Shure she was annoying during my 5 day head start . But once she started playing it was a hoot . I really like the combat in this game . And I did not mind starting a cleric to follow her around . But all along she has been " I'm not paying any money , its a free to play game " . Which is fine . its her choice . Me , obviously I bought the HotN and during the April sale 50 bucks of discount Zen . Almost bought a howler last night , but decided to wait till after May bills get paid to buy one .
    Now the market will be broke . Just like Rift , but even worse . That's why we stopped playing rift around the second month . An honest player just couldn't afford anything . Then D3 , once again people exploiting gold drove the prices way to high . And I had bought us both ' collector editions ' to play D3 together .
    To be honest were both a bit seasoned , our best gameing days are behind us. I just have really crappy reflexes now days. there is no way casual gamers will be able to enjoy this game past leveling up. Once we get to max level , we wont be able to afford the gear . Nor will we be able to farm it .
  • Options
    yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    If they're smart they'll do a 6-10 hour rollback. That would get most of the exploited AD without punishing people too badly. They can give everyone 500 zen to make up for it and I doubt many people would be too angry.

Then go and ban all the exploiters accounts and remove any AD that was exploited from before the rollback and it'll probably be just enough to save the economy.
  • Options
    yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    If they're smart they'll do a 6-10 hour rollback. That would get most of the exploited AD without punishing people too badly. They can give everyone 500 zen to make up for it and I doubt many people would be too angry.

Then go and ban all the exploiters accounts and remove any AD that was exploited from before the rollback and it'll probably be just enough to save the economy.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yukishiro3 wrote: »

This would be a MUCH more reasonable solution, and I don't see enough cool heads asking for such. Yukishiro, you have my respect.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    cutegaycutegay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    poptune wrote: »
    Why you complain about ah prices? You wanna get epics for free? Big **** mistake in this game was to make all epics BOE, not the ah exploit prices.

And if they do wipe the characters then im quitting. I didnt exploit, i didnt do anything wrong, but i just cant bother to level new character trough those boring zones

The people who don't want a wipe are people like you who hate this game and don't wanna re level.

I actually LOVE playing this game, I have a level 60 but the quests are fantastic so I wouldn't mind a wipe.

What you fail to realize is that you should go play WoW and see how long it takes to get to max level there.
  • Options
    iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Stay Hoopy.

I am wondering what is up with all these doom and gloom posts. We all know you are staying man... As to why you post this and think that anyone cares I really don't have a clue... Is it attention seeking? Is it pure boredom? Is it just plain stupidity? Who can say why people that have payed money for this game think that anyone believes them when they say they'll quit or why do they think that anyone cares.. It is also very very VERY funny that a guy that spent money on power gearing complains about being put "on a level playing field". You missed some facts man. Try to think a bit harder
  • Options
    worzabonkworzabonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadesteal wrote: »
    Don't let the door hit you on the A** on the way out!.... waaa waaaa no wipe me want refund waaa ..... Please leave, you will help the game immensely if you do.

You purchased a digital product said product is working as advertised, founders pack / zen ect.. therefore you will not get a refund.... Period... BS or Photoshop yourself a lie if you need too no one will believe you.

While you are at it read the TOS it tells you everything they can do with THERE game that they let you play for free.... its your choice to spend money on it, no one forces you.. so when you finish crying refund.. tell me... What do you want to be when you grow up?
    wait don't bother its probably social security pay-outs...

Erm...what? I never once said I wanted a refund. I spent the money, its my own **** fault *shrug*. Hell, I pay more for games I finish in one weekend than I spent here for 2 weeks of playtime, so I dont much care about a refund...so Im not entirely sure what you're on about.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Im in your same boat . My wife is laughing at me . Shure she was annoying during my 5 day head start . But once she started playing it was a hoot . I really like the combat in this game . And I did not mind starting a cleric to follow her around . But all along she has been " I'm not paying any money , its a free to play game " . Which is fine . its her choice . Me , obviously I bought the HotN and during the April sale 50 bucks of discount Zen . Almost bought a howler last night , but decided to wait till after May bills get paid to buy one .
    Now the market will be broke . Just like Rift , but even worse . That's why we stopped playing rift around the second month . An honest player just couldn't afford anything . Then D3 , once again people exploiting gold drove the prices way to high . And I had bought us both ' collector editions ' to play D3 together .
    To be honest were both a bit seasoned , our best gameing days are behind us. I just have really crappy reflexes now days. there is no way casual gamers will be able to enjoy this game past leveling up. Once we get to max level , we wont be able to afford the gear . Nor will we be able to farm it .
    Invest in a steelseries merc keyboard..program your hotkeys in and watch your toon own. I'm 44 and keep up with the youngest of them.
  • Options
    silky1979silky1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all i know is i have about 650k AD and it better still be there when i log on or i 2 will be done
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess everyone saying if there's no wipe, they're done are done?
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.
    Source
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Invest in a steelseries merc keyboard..program your hotkeys in and watch your toon own. I'm 44 and keep up with the youngest of them.

Well done Marilyn,You achieved greatness
  • Options
    rebeldaddyrebeldaddy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »

This is why a wipe is necessary. Their reputation is evidently not worth anything to them and after seeing how long this is taking them to resolve as well as how they are communicating, they are going to lose more people than they are going to save. Those that do stay will not invest any money until the market stabilizes or if they do they dont care and have more money than sense.
    Like the game but already looking for another. This situation is not tolerable. To bad they shagged this game.
  • Options
    mistatosmistatos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder how long this will set back my ticket that I made on the 15th. Still no Guardian Founder Pack received, but it is purchased and verified.

Well, here comes another 4 days of waiting. :(