test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Protector's Enclave - Keep getting ported back to start of zone

uggsmashuggsmash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Both my dwarven cleric and tiefling wizard keep getting teleported back to the start of the Protector's Enclave zone after running for about 30secs. I've also noticed I can't interact with the vendor NPC's, or type in zone chat.
One persistent time, I noticed it said I was afk, which I clearly wasn't, so obviously the zone has an issue recognizing that I'm even there.

Also, when loading into the actual game, it freezes about an inch before the end. It takes about 3 restarts before I get in, but of course now I can't get past the enclave.
Post edited by uggsmash on

Comments

• Options
    uggsmashuggsmash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    Third character(half-orc fighter) made it to the Vault, but now back in Protector's Enclave, I keep getting ported back to the vault.
  • Options
    laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    Please consider following the instructions in this thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?69201-Reporting-Client-Responsiveness-Issues

We are interested in learning more about this problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm running CrypticError, but it says it will take 8hrs, does that sound right?
    My comp should be more than able to handle the game, duel vid cards, 16mb RAM, SSD drive, Win7.
    Can I just do the ingame recorder, or do you need both? Not sure I can wait for 8hrs.
    And should I wait for the game to actually load before sending the error report, or do it in one of its failed load attempts?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Uninstalled the game, reinstalled and patched(after patch stalled many times and had to restart it), but the game is still stalling about 75% of the time on load screen, and if it gets through I'm still trapped in the teleport to start of zone loop in Protector's Enclave.
    I don't have the data on my plan to do the 1GB sending on Cryptic Error(5-8hrs as well).
    I have done the ingame recording, should I send that?
    Is there anything else I can try on my end, I'd really like to get my moneys worth this weekend.
    Thanks
  • Options
    sebukaisebukai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been having this exact problem as well. And I've pretty much tried everything in the book to make this work. Sending in a report right now but yes, the projected time is about 8 hours for that to finish :P
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    At least someone else is having these issues. Please let me know if you get a response, I'll do the same.
    I've just reinstalled the game so I can document the issues from a fresh start. I can't do that massive upload, so hoping for some suggestions from tech support before the weekend is over.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I tried updating windows, disabling firewall/UAC, forwarding the recommended ports(which seemed to fix the patch problem), reinstalling, disabling the dual video cards, everything I've read on the forums and friends could think of to do - still trapped in the Protector's Enclave loop. Even tried /killme someone recommended, but the game doesn't register that I'm there(can't report bug ingame).
    Put a ticket in on the PW website, but with a 3-4 day waiting period for a reply, thats this beta weekend lost. Regretting the $200 now.
    You had any luck sebukai?
  • Options
    sebukaisebukai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was able to log onto one of my lowbie characters for a little while but upon leaving an instance I got the same problem again and no amount of relogging/pleading/asking politely seems to fix it.

I did notice that the game stopped sending outward traffic every time I couldn't log on but as to what causes it I have no idea. Was hoping somebody on the forum had been able to sort it out, or a GM being able to talk me though it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Still no response to the ticket, I'll keep you updated.
    I am running:
    Dual Radeon 5800 video cards running on crossfire, (currently disabled)
    AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 965 Processor 3.40GHz
    Windows 7(64 bit), 16GB RAM, Intel SSD 120GB HDD
    Internode, with a Billion 7401-R3

You running something similar?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Also, did you send the CrypticError report?
  • Options
    grolfpgrolfp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey Ugg.. I posted this in one of the other threads, but it worked for me (after much frustration).

I have an Asus motherboard, and have installed their AI Suite II software. Part of this software is a program called "Network iControl". Long story short.. I disabled this and things are fine with Neverwinter. I turn it back on.. things are not fine.

If you have the same, I suggest disabling this and see if it resolves the issue. If not, maybe you have something similar getting in the way.

In any case.. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The Asus AI Suite worked for me, from the http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?72211-Beta-unplayable-rubberbanded-logged-out-for-inactive-no-interactions
    by grolfp
    Finally get some game time :)
    Did it work for you?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    lol, didn't even see your post there grolfp, saw it in the thread though, thanks again, much appreciated :)
  • Options
    dragonx1980dragonx1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had same problem when trying to load back into Enclave. I walked away and left it for 10 mins let it keep trying to load came back and I was back in town. I think the game did some type of patch mid game in top left corner it said "Patcher blah blah" thats why i left it to do its thing.

Perhaps you folks might be closing the game down before it has a chance to get through slow load time.
  • Options
    finaljeopardyfinaljeopardy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grolfp wrote: »
    Hey Ugg.. I posted this in one of the other threads, but it worked for me (after much frustration).

I have an Asus motherboard, and have installed their AI Suite II software. Part of this software is a program called "Network iControl". Long story short.. I disabled this and things are fine with Neverwinter. I turn it back on.. things are not fine.

If you have the same, I suggest disabling this and see if it resolves the issue. If not, maybe you have something similar getting in the way.

In any case.. Good luck!

This worked for me bro, thanks a million!