Install Arc
Options

If theres no wipe, I'm done.

Comments

• Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    worzabonk wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I mean, it's been a fun ride, it really has. You have a gem of a game here, and myself and my wife both really enjoy playing.

But the exploits over the past few weeks...lets face it, the AD AH exploit is just the tip of the iceberg. We've had so many exploits in the last month, those of us who don't cheat, who refuse to cheat, who avoid cheaters, cheating and exploits like the spellplague, we're at a disadvantage.

We leveled via questing. We didn't farm ogres in cages to fly to 60 in a few hours.

We didn't abuse the AH to make enormous amounts of AD, which we then palmed off to mule accounts and/or sold it for real world profit.

We BOUGHT zen, and supported your company.

We didn't farm t1-2 dungeons via exploits for insane gold and items.

We played the game legitimately. And we lost. The economy is totally broken, overvalued, and those of us lowly non cheaters are, for the most part, priced out of the market totally.

And you've just confirmed via twitter you will not be wiping, not resetting the very obviously broken servers, not putting us all on a level playing field. And 72 hour bans for exploiters? Yeah, I'll pass. All that says is 'please, exploit all you like, you'll make a few thousand bucks in profit, destabilize the market, ruin it for everyone else, but hey that's cool, see you in a few days'.

So Cryptic, PWI, it's been fun, it really has. I've enjoyed your games, NW, and STO. I enjoyed my Neverember guard, and my numerous starships from your Zen store. But this is it for me. I'm not going to sit back, and watch the exploiters, and those who benefitted from those exploits power ahead and leave me, us, in the dust.

This is not rage. Just...sadness. It's been a fun ride.

Stay Hoopy.

/agree

I also lost because I didnt exploit but meh, you talk with your money in games like this. Just stop playing, I plan to stop playing once ESO came out but if I log in and cant buy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the AH because of all the exploiting going on then I will have to join this man and talk with my money....off to other games

GG, PW L2 do business.
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    QQ dude QQ

I farmed legitly, EVERYTHING legit. I found out about the game 24hrs before it went OB so I didnt know about any of the exploits anyway else who knew about the game did.

I wear a full tier 2 set, basically only thing I need are ancient daggers, and rank 8 enchants.

People want FULL WIPES so they can have a chance to be the "best" again. A level playing field per say.

People cry for them all the time in MMOs, when in reality when a new server is released. These same kids never find their way to the top, do you k now why?

Because if you were that good at the game you wouldnt need a wipe, you could still rise tot he top as is. But you sir, we never destined to be a top tier player.

I suggest you play the game at your own pace, and let the GGs handle well, the GG part of this ordeal.

Not everyone's life is so pitiful that they need to take solace in a game and claim to be "legit" or "the best," kid.

These numerous exploits make the game other than what was intended. That's what exploits do.

Get a life.
  • Options
    bayliebaylie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah and if there *IS* a wipe all the people that spent hours playing this game collecting stuff without cheating will leave. it will do more harm than good just to satisfy a few whiners. absolutely. if my **** gets wiped I'm charging my money back too.
  • Options
    soppiannasoppianna Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    , I would be forced to call upon Captain Falcon

Falcon PUNCH!!!!!
    , then invoke my hearthstone
    Bubble first!

Humor sorry, humor :(
  • Options
    neoohmneoohm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agalexion wrote: »
    I just started, if it's wiped, I'm quitting.

Just started and you quit if they wipe?!
    I mean, how many hrs will you loose from a wipe? LOL!

If you just started, a wipe is not that bad u know..
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    neoohm wrote: »

Because he didn't just start. He probably exploited his way to 60, with or without exploited AD.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not everyone's life is so pitiful that they need to take solace in a game and claim to be "legit" or "the best," kid.

These numerous exploits make the game other than what was intended. That's what exploits do.

Get a life.

That's really sound advice, you should perhaps take it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    neoohm wrote: »

And you could extend that to EVERY person on here that claims they'd quit if there was a wipe.

Oh, you played a GAME for a few weeks and feel it was work? You should quit anyway, if that's how you feel.

If a few weeks is not a minute fraction of the time you'll spend playing this game, you not only won't be missed by any of the players, Cryptic won't miss you either.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Their out of game service (the gateway), which is a website which you can use to trade in-game items & check up on your character, had a huge oversight in the code. People who put in a negative bid on an item (via that gateway) got that much AD put on their character instantly, and could do so as many times as they liked. So people were literally creating money out of thin air.

Furthermore, people who put negative bids on items people were actually trying to auction, could actually win the item AND get free money, while the person who posted the item gets a full 1 AD for their troubles. They are patching up the exploit as we speak.

However, this has already affected the entirety of all 3 servers. The market is completely torpedoed atm. Everything of value was bought up instantly or stolen, There IS no zen on the market anymore because players have bought it all up. It's also impossible to tell how long this exploit has been going on. The gateway's been operational since the start of Open Beta. Most of this conjured AD has already permiated the market, been given away to innocent people / traded, etc.

But no clearly no wipe needed, everything will go back to normal in a few hundred years when billions in non existent AD is stabilized from the economy. No way I'm leveling back up to 60 cause of a few billion in fake zen that would take like 3 days, come on.
  • Options
    kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lmn1182 wrote: »
    Money I can make again..time is something I will never get back. Yes I enjoy playing the game but I do not appreciate having my time being wasted for nothing. I was happily in the middle one of the solo instanced quests when the servers were brought down.

I come to the forums to find out why and find a tiny minority of the games population whining about something a lot of us didn't even know was happening. Whining that the economy is broken and that everyone should be punished because of something they clearly know nothing about.

But then...that is always the problem with MMORPG's isn't it. A tiny minority always ruins the game experience for others. Whether it be exploiters or the self obsessed forum babies.

Here is the crux of it, there are many other MMO's on the market today, if they were to commit company suicide, and do a full wipe and that means everything goes, then people will leave and play something else. Why do you think games companies like Blizzard cut the early game content and boosted XP games significantly. So people didn't have to grind hours upon hour to reach end game.

Cryptic already have a **** reputation, a full wipe would really hurt their ability to produce games. If their reputation with the customer base goes really bad PW will keep the licenced tech (foundry etc) and shut them down. Pretty much the only reason they bought Cryptic was for the licenses.

If they waste my time, I will simply uninstall and double click the GW2 icon on my desktop. I lose...nothing except time already spent, they lose my custom and any chance of me getting friends onto the game.

Fail statement sorry if u have time play mmorpg u have time to start over, ever heard of alts? you be starting from scratch again anyways, if your type make one char, well still if your time so precious why are u playing this? go do something else worth while.

Love these rants i read enough threads with same things, if u are so upset about game, development, etc. Just GO AWAY do something else, personally people won't miss you.
  • Options
    fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTF is the point of a server wide wipe? Ban the exploiters, the accounts they muled to. Get the duped currency out of the game... whats the issue after that? I don't get people...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fail statement sorry if u have time play mmorpg u have time to start over, ever heard of alts? you be starting from scratch again anyways, if your type make one char, well still if your time so precious why are u playing this? go do something else worth while.

Love these rants i read enough threads with same things, if u are so upset about game, development, etc. Just GO AWAY do something else, personally people won't miss you.

Fail statement. If I wanted to start over, I would be in favor of a wipe, I don't want to start over, and, I'm not in favor of a wipe. You should also take your own advice since: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Gateway-Offline means that there will be no wipe. If you are so upset about game development, just go away, nobody will miss you. Am I doing it right?
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    See ya.

Not to mention you don't even know what the market is going to look like in a day. Or much less two weeks from now.

Although anyone who exploited the AH thing really needs a permanent ban.

The OP has made a decision based off of factual data and he is completely correct in his observations. Players in these throw away F2P MMO's talk with their wallets, and this is a good example of one (2) wallets walking away and will no longer be giving money to support this company.

People should not be happy to see others go, it just hurts themselves in the long run with less content and lower quality of life in game due to decreased production budgets.

I too am with you OP, best of luck.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    worzabonk wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I mean, it's been a fun ride, it really has. You have a gem of a game here, and myself and my wife both really enjoy playing.

But the exploits over the past few weeks...lets face it, the AD AH exploit is just the tip of the iceberg. We've had so many exploits in the last month, those of us who don't cheat, who refuse to cheat, who avoid cheaters, cheating and exploits like the spellplague, we're at a disadvantage.

We leveled via questing. We didn't farm ogres in cages to fly to 60 in a few hours.

We didn't abuse the AH to make enormous amounts of AD, which we then palmed off to mule accounts and/or sold it for real world profit.

We BOUGHT zen, and supported your company.

We didn't farm t1-2 dungeons via exploits for insane gold and items.

We played the game legitimately. And we lost. The economy is totally broken, overvalued, and those of us lowly non cheaters are, for the most part, priced out of the market totally.

And you've just confirmed via twitter you will not be wiping, not resetting the very obviously broken servers, not putting us all on a level playing field. And 72 hour bans for exploiters? Yeah, I'll pass. All that says is 'please, exploit all you like, you'll make a few thousand bucks in profit, destabilize the market, ruin it for everyone else, but hey that's cool, see you in a few days'.

So Cryptic, PWI, it's been fun, it really has. I've enjoyed your games, NW, and STO. I enjoyed my Neverember guard, and my numerous starships from your Zen store. But this is it for me. I'm not going to sit back, and watch the exploiters, and those who benefitted from those exploits power ahead and leave me, us, in the dust.

This is not rage. Just...sadness. It's been a fun ride.

Stay Hoopy.

See ya, bye!
  • Options
    soul99soul99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    You know I've only read the first 5 pages or so but I am amaze that pwe community first response to someone grieving over an error that cryptic & pwe is don't let the door hit you on the way out or don't come back. Shows how great/warm the pwe community is. If I were someone who is new to the community I'll probably never give the game a try.

I don't know the best way to resolve this but a roll back and a exploit patch sounds like the most reasonable and less hurtful way to deal with the problem.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raal1 wrote: »
    See ya, bye!

^..Great example of just how bad this community is. Idiots like this happy to see other possible paying customers leave...just less money going into the game you enjoy playing, ******bag.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fail statement. If I wanted to start over, I would be in favor of a wipe, I don't want to start over, and, I'm not in favor of a wipe. You should also take your own advice since: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Gateway-Offline means that there will be no wipe. If you are so upset about game development, just go away, nobody will miss you. Am I doing it right?

cry more? hey not my problem u spend 200 dollars game is "free to play" what u paid is just ingame service if u want your money back go talk to customer service. QQ on forums doesn't do much, I don't care if u lost your time, u got time if u invest alot into mmorpg, plus lvling isn't hard in this game clearly must be not end game yet. I never said anything supporting the wipe i wouldn't care less, i can always get it back I enjoy the game very much even with issues personally i played worse. NW probably one most fun mmo's i played in ages im having blast using cleric nice to play mmo makes playing healer fun with different play mechanic.
    teethx wrote: »
    /agree

I also lost because I didnt exploit but meh, you talk with your money in games like this. Just stop playing, I plan to stop playing once ESO came out but if I log in and cant buy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the AH because of all the exploiting going on then I will have to join this man and talk with my money....off to other games

GG, PW L2 do business.

again still this game isn't end product its still in beta stages, don't like the game u can leave anytime.
    Personally i think ESO going fail hard, they should just stick to solo play experience what made Elder scroll series so good, think most they should do is have just co op play like have your buddy jump into your game or vise versa would be better.
  • Options
    archaicsealarchaicseal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadesteal wrote: »
    Don't let the door hit you on the A** on the way out!.... waaa waaaa no wipe me want refund waaa ..... Please leave, you will help the game immensely if you do.

You purchased a digital product said product is working as advertised, founders pack / zen ect.. therefore you will not get a refund.... Period... BS or Photoshop yourself a lie if you need too no one will believe you.

While you are at it read the TOS it tells you everything they can do with THERE game that they let you play for free.... its your choice to spend money on it, no one forces you.. so when you finish crying refund.. tell me... What do you want to be when you grow up?
    wait don't bother its probably social security pay-outs...

You sir (or ma'am) are a completely inept and wholly moronic human being. Just as are those of your ilk. The kind that says <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this to people who are GROSSLY dissatisfied with a product. Eventually said people do leave, as do many of the others who reach a point either now, or somewhere down the line of taking enough bull from both the developers as well as the community (read: your sorry ***.) In time the servers grow empty and destitute and YOU and those LIKE YOU then finally start to complain about how the game has failed miserably.

You ALL follow this M.O. to the letter, because you are too moronic and mentally inept to realize that YOU and those LIKE YOU are the root of the problem that causes critical failure in the long run.

Any human being with even a modicum of intelligence realizes that criticizing a product that is broken and continuously breaks down tends to force the creators of said product to make it better in the end. Supporting said product like a "fan boi" just promotes apathy and complacency of the developers of that product. It's part and parcel to business 101 man, but then again having expected you and people like you (read: current day westerners) to have learned anything beyond what is in comics is laughably stupid. As are you and those like you.

Honestly, I once though that this particular community of players sucks, but now I realize this problem is far more endemic in American culture than anywhere else.

We want to see the game succeed. We want to have a fair and balanced game. Don't give me the "this is open beta <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>," because it's NOT. We complain and even walk away (for awhile or for good) and won't spend money to show a result in the numbers at the end of the day to the developers. Nothing else is quite as effective to make them move to fix the product, but then again you wouldn't know that.

And if you don't believe me, look at AoC and what happened to it when the developers didn't listen to the community. But, like Cryptic under PWE, Funcom is and was straight fail.
  • Options
    mortishimortishi Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I laugh every time I see the welfare gamers (freeloaders not paying a dime) whine because a PAYING customer is voicing a complaint about the service that they PAYED for.

paying customer voices reasonable concerns

freeloader A "goodbye!"
    freeloader B "I want to keep my exploited gains!"
    freeloader C "Stop whining about our free exploited stuff that we didn't in any way earn, we are entitled to get 500 times the stuff you paid for for free!"
    freeloader D "Cheating is awesome-sauce YO!"

and my personal favorite....

freeloader E " Your an idiot for paying real money, you could have just cheated and got way more like I did!"

the punchline...

The company has already stated it will not wipe the servers, catering to the freeloader (zero revenue) crowd..
    now that is a sound business model. I mean why would they want to keep their PAYING customer happy? That's just silly...

3 day bans on previous game-breaking exploits...

new bans for the new exploiters.. (laughable since this has been abused and reported since {REAL}beta{REAL} and they didn't lift a finger until some code-kid made it general knowledge and the snowball of welfare cheats hit this morning)

Is there such a thing as a perma-ban in a game that takes 30 seconds to create a new account?
    nope...

As others have posted in other threads with real, factual explanations, it is impossible to remove ALL the exploited currency and items gained from just this newest cheat with out a wipe. Once currency changes hands and amounts X number of times it becomes a grey area .. Legitimate players that did not exploit/cheat at all may have had contact with the exploited currency.

I doubt they will wipe out all accounts that had any contact with he exploited currency and items directly purchased with said currency. Once currency changes hands many times it's not a black and white case anymore. Legitimate accounts would be targeted and wiped. So a portion of this exploited currency will be laundered and remain in the economy to unbalance the market and further devalue legitimate currency purchased by PAYING customers.

With small group of exploiters using the gateway to effectively print money since release ( or what some ignorantly call "open beta" ), and the masses of freeloading cheaters doing it for 8-ish hours this morning, almost everything is partially tainted by this exploited currency. If even 1% of the the exploited currency evades notice, that's a large amount of FREE, unaccounted currency.

So yes, this is definitely a serious problem that will not go away in a couple days..

Final thoughts..

It is a free to play game and the majority of players are not actual customers..

Does the company try to...

A) appease the masses and not wipe in hopes of keeping population up, further hoping a percentage of that population actually buys something.
    B) appease your actual customers, the ones that actually have spent real money.

stay tuned and find out! :D

It's like a bad soap opera!
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fattynicks wrote: »
    ..Get the duped currency out of the game... whats the issue after that? I don't get people...

That's exactly the point of a server wide wipe you soggy brained nincompoop. The amount of people asking for "exploited items to be removed" but are against a wipe is just staggering. No one cares that you leveled to 52 it's not hard, this game isn't hard, leveling isn't hard, and you haven't done anything in a week of playing that's gunna take more than a week to do again.
  • Options
    tallenntallenn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so I'm a complete newbie to Neverwinter. I mean, I've kind of kept an eye on it from afar, I signed up for closed beta (which I didn't get into), and just today, decided to go ahead and try the open beta. This thread caught my eye, and so I started reading it, wondering what they heck the OP was talking about- after all, ALL games wipe all the characters at the end of beta. Come to find out, not this one. Strange, I thought to myself, then went to read a bit more about it.

I'm sure I'll be corrected, but it seems to me that the claim of "open beta" is just an excuse in case the launch (call it what is) didn't go so well. Really, if there's no wipe, what's the difference between the open beta, and the yet-to-come release? What exactly about it will make that a release and the open beta not a release?

But anyway, yeah, if the economy is already trashed before the game isn't even "released", I don't really see any point in investing any time in it. I love D&D, and I love Forgotten Realms, but I was skeptical about Perfect World running this thing. It appears my skepticism was not wasted. I suppose I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Don't mistake this for taking the OP's side. I honestly don't care if there is a wipe either way. I have absolutely ZERO invested in this thing. I'm just glad I was able to avoid future headaches and heartaches that would inevitably have manifested, had I chosen to devote time and emotion into this game. **** shame though.

EDIT: LOL, four-letter word for newbie is filtered? That is fraking hilarious!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cry more? hey not my problem u spend 200 dollars game is "free to play" what u paid is just ingame service if u want your money back go talk to customer service still just QQ on forums, im basically drinking my tears I don't care if u lost your time or my time, u got time if u invest alot into mmorpg, plus lvling isn't hard in this game clearly must be not end game yet. I never said anything supporting the wipe i wouldn't care less, i can always get it back I enjoy the game very much even with issues personally i played worse. NW probably one most fun mmo's i played in ages im having bast using cleric nice to play mmo makes playing healer fun with different play mechanic.

It's funny you should say that, since I'm not the one threatening to, or quitting because I didn't get my way. If we look at the first page, there was at least one duplicate of "if no wipe, I'm gone" threads. I have stated my opinion on it, and in this case, at this time, I happen to be supported by what PW has said is going to happen, no wipe. So I have no reason to cry. If they decide to wipe, I still have no reason to cry. They breached their promise of no wipes, a promise which got me to spend money, and then wiped. Grounds for a refund. I'll get my money back, and go play something else. I've already been accused of being an exploiter for having multiple games on my PC. My VIP sub is running full time on another game, I'll go hit that up, and actually have more than once. The difference is, when I go, I won't be posting a "look at me" post on the forums, I'll just go.
  • Options
    fermifermi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    ...everything will go back to normal in a few hundred years when billions in non existent AD is stabilized from the economy.

Um... you realize that it didn't take Germany a few hundred years to restabilize when they had hyperinflation, right? You realize that there are literally dozens of sinks built into the economy to suck diamonds out of it, right? You realize that they can track all the large transactions and even write a quick program to eliminate resulting huge caches of resources, right?

In other words, you rather obviously haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    ^..Great example of just how bad this community is. Idiots like this happy to see other possible paying customers leave...just less money going into the game you enjoy playing, ******bag.

Or a great example from the OP about how bad the community is always crying about quitting if there's no wipe. That's why people respond the way they do because Cryptic has said numerous times THERE WILL BE NO WIPE yet we keep getting these sort of posts over and over. If you want to quit go ahead. Contact customer support and try getting a refund if you spent any sort of money otherwise STFU and move on. I don't want to see any paying customer go but those people need to accept reality.
  • Options
    mortishimortishi Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love these threads..

The unashamed entitlement freeloaders replies never fail to amaze me! keep it up!

Just for fun we ought to discuss the MASSIVE difference between customer and community in regard to free to play games ..

I'd love to see the replies..

I'm guessing that allot of the "community" does not understand that they are not "customers" or even what a customer actually is....

here.. let me help!

Customer- a person who purchases goods or services from another; buyer; patron.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mortishi wrote: »
    I love these threads..

The unashamed entitlement freeloaders replies never fail to amaze me! keep it up!

Just for fun we ought to discuss the MASSIVE difference between customer and community in regard to free to play games ..

I'd love to see the replies..

I'm guessing that allot of the "community" does not understand that they are not "customers" or even what a customer actually is....

here.. let me help!

Customer- a person who purchases goods or services from another; buyer; patron.

Account type: PWE User. Yep, that carries a lot of weight.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twitter: "There won't be any character wipe before the live launch, so we have to act on things like this." might see one just after the beta period is over then.
  • Options
    draconianumdraconianum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Bye bye =)
  • Options
    ca7as7r0ph3ca7as7r0ph3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been playing Neverwinter only for the past week and very much enjoyed myself even though I do have gripes. Was considering purchasing the $50 Founders pack after I heard that the offers will be ending soon, but was unsure if it would be carrying over into the real game.

I have to say that a wipe should be pretty much required of a game after launch. Especially if there has been a history of huge bug exploits during the Beta. The Beta is, after all, the time during which a company finds all of their bugs and fixes them.

My only problem is about players who spend money for Zen and what will happen to their purchases of items once a wipe happen.
  • Options
    lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mortishi wrote: »
    I laugh every time I see the welfare gamers (freeloaders not paying a dime) whine because a PAYING customer is voicing a complaint about the service that they PAYED for.

paying customer voices reasonable concerns

freeloader A "goodbye!"
    freeloader B "I want to keep my exploited gains!"
    freeloader C "Stop whining about our free exploited stuff that we didn't in any way earn, we are entitled to get 500 times the stuff you paid for for free!"
    freeloader D "Cheating is awesome-sauce YO!"

and my personal favorite....

freeloader E " Your an idiot for paying real money, you could have just cheated and got way more like I did!"

the punchline...

The company has already stated it will not wipe the servers, catering to the freeloader (zero revenue) crowd..
    now that is a sound business model. I mean why would they want to keep their PAYING customer happy? That's just silly...

3 day bans on previous game-breaking exploits...

new bans for the new exploiters.. (laughable since this has been abused and reported since {REAL}beta{REAL} and they didn't lift a finger until some code-kid made it general knowledge and the snowball of welfare cheats hit this morning)

Is there such a thing as a perma-ban in a game that takes 30 seconds to create a new account?
    nope...

As others have posted in other threads with real, factual explanations, it is impossible to remove ALL the exploited currency and items gained from just this newest cheat with out a wipe. Once currency changes hands and amounts X number of times it becomes a grey area .. Legitimate players that did not exploit/cheat at all may have had contact with the exploited currency.

I doubt they will wipe out all accounts that had any contact with he exploited currency and items directly purchased with said currency. Once currency changes hands many times it's not a black and white case anymore. Legitimate accounts would be targeted and wiped. So a portion of this exploited currency will be laundered and remain in the economy to unbalance the market and further devalue legitimate currency purchased by PAYING customers.

With small group of exploiters using the gateway to effectively print money since release ( or what some ignorantly call "open beta" ), and the masses of freeloading cheaters doing it for 8-ish hours this morning, almost everything is partially tainted by this exploited currency. If even 1% of the the exploited currency evades notice, that's a large amount of FREE, unaccounted currency.

So yes, this is definitely a serious problem that will not go away in a couple days..

Final thoughts..

It is a free to play game and the majority of players are not actual customers..

Does the company try to...

A) appease the masses and not wipe in hopes of keeping population up, further hoping a percentage of that population actually buys something.
    B) appease your actual customers, the ones that actually have spent real money.

stay tuned and find out! :D

It's like a bad soap opera!

I honestly had to stop reading after seeing freeloader and paying customer in the same sentence as the above poster makes it sound like anyone who bought the founder packs are paying for the game without realizing those he claims are "freeloaders" will possibly buy an item from the zen store as they play the game. If those who bought founder packs were actual paying customers then they would be paying a subscription but since there's no subscription they're not actually paying customers. Did they buy a founders pack? Sure, but that doesn't mean they're paying customers no more than if a f2p player later bought items from the zen store. Buying a bundled pack of items is no different than buying said items off the zen store, you're not actually a paying customer as that'd require you to actually be paying a subscription. Before calling people freeloaders, do realize that a lot of those "freeloaders" actually spend more than those who buy bundled packs.