Install Arc
Options

And the servers are down.

Comments

• Options
    squidjoesquidjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    iakky wrote: »
    I see that they are able to see who is cheating and who not.. and I know that someone is cheating that means someone gets some thing in some tricky way..
    BUT.. I heard that players were sending reports on those cheaters.. So I am curious how players gets to conclusion that someone is cheating... I mean you cant just point finger on someone in shinning armor... I mean Cryptic can see that.. but how ordinary player can report someone cheating and gaining stuff? It is not written on that stuff that it was obtained by cheating.. or you just point finger on someone? How players report that?

Because most people that do it can't keep their mouths shut about and they brag. Human nature, "I pulled one over on the man!".

All transactions are recorded, they can go through and see exactly who did what. Makes me glad I was too busy to play today. I never cheat, well, aside from knocking a mob off a bridge so I don't have to actually fight it. I used to play poker with the hard boys, guys got shot or at the very least got beaten and thrown out the door into the mud for cheating. I like to play a game for the game, not the rewards. If you can't do well or win within the rules, you don't need to be playing.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10paf0m.jpg
  • Options
    brickster51brickster51 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree Squid...
    squidjoe wrote: »
    Because most people that do it can't keep their mouths shut about and they brag. Human nature, "I pulled one over on the man!".

All transactions are recorded, they can go through and see exactly who did what. Makes me glad I was too busy to play today. I never cheat, well, aside from knocking a mob off a bridge so I don't have to actually fight it. I used to play poker with the hard boys, guys got shot or at the very least got beaten and thrown out the door into the mud for cheating. I like to play a game for the game, not the rewards. If you can't do well or win within the rules, you don't need to be playing.
  • Options
    litakitten88litakitten88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So is that officially what is going on here? I cant seem to figure out exactly what is going on with the servers being down and i see no official post from PW
  • Options
    sanomi78sanomi78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, i don't worry too much. Seeing it IS still a Beta things like this are to be expected.
  • Options
    yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone up for a game of checkers you know there are no cats in that game LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So is that officially what is going on here? I cant seem to figure out exactly what is going on with the servers being down and i see no official post from PW
    thats because they want to post everything on twitter and forget those of us who use the forums
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yes, this is what is going on. I'm sure they have to work out the code, that takes a bit of time, but going through the AH records takes time as well and probably takes more man hours than code. If they are banning, and they should, there should be a process to appeal and I would hope they are double checking. After all, every banned account is an account that won't be spending money.
    They have a bad habit of using twitter for updates. I don't use twitter. Anything I have to say usually takes a lot more than 140 characters, anything worth reading does.
  • Options
    e3p0e3p0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like to play a game for the game, not the rewards. If you can't do well or win within the rules, you don't need to be playing.

Indeeed. Agreed...
  • Options
    scorpion2112scorpion2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    If the servers are down much longer, I'm going to fall asleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 1m
    @Kajsa_Soderlund No ETA just yet. We're probably looking at multiple hours, though.
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
    3:43 PM - 19 May 13
  • Options
    frocktusslefrocktussle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how long are the servers expected to be down??......anyone know??
  • Options
    dbacksfan46dbacksfan46 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nooooooo....need to play...lol
  • Options
    iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Knocking off mob from bridge is cheating? I never actually saw it as cheating.. I saw it as a cool way of fighting and I am mad when some game doesnt allow it.. I mean fight has no rules.. you just have to kill that mob.. and that is also what I like about action combat.. you just jump around, confuse opponent, run him around, stab him in back and so on... you use environment to get him fall somewhere.. I see it as beauty of action combat... And I loove to ckick mob from cliffs just because it so so cool not because I would make it easier.. it is just so much cool when I can in some game kick opponent from cliff or something... So I always try to find way how to do that... I think that combat (special action) should not have any boundaries in the sense of the game environment.. just use anything you want..
    I cant really see what I would consider as cheating during combat.. it would be probably use of some bug.. but I would not consider things like "using environment" as using bug... I could imagine cheating gin combat as only in those single player games when you write some cheat in to command and that makes you super powerful or immortal...
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • Options
    maquegyvermaquegyver Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If the error was reported pre-open beta (open beta lul) the blame certainly needs to shift to PWE and Cryptic for knowing about it and doing nothing until it exploded in their face. If a loophole is known to exist it is their job to close it being beta (lul) after all.
  • Options
    shadathshadath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yoyoyom wrote: »
    thats because they want to post everything on twitter and forget those of us who use the forums

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Auction-House-Offline

Yeah they totally didnt post updates on the forums. In that link. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well if what I read on twitter is correct then it seems they are having difficulty with this and are thinking of a full wipe cause they are talking and saying no one will lose RL money so that sucks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iakky wrote: »
    Knocking off mob from bridge is cheating? I never actually saw it as cheating.. I saw it as a cool way of fighting and I am mad when some game doesnt allow it.. I mean fight has no rules.. you just have to kill that mob.. and that is also what I like about action combat.. you just jump around, confuse opponent, run him around, stab him in back and so on... you use environment to get him fall somewhere.. I see it as beauty of action combat... And I loove to ckick mob from cliffs just because it so so cool not because I would make it easier.. it is just so much cool when I can in some game kick opponent from cliff or something... So I always try to find way how to do that... I think that combat (special action) should not have any boundaries in the sense of the game environment.. just use anything you want..
    I cant really see what I would consider as cheating during combat.. it would be probably use of some bug.. but I would not consider things like "using environment" as using bug... I could imagine cheating gin combat as only in those single player games when you write some cheat in to command and that makes you super powerful or immortal...

I used to spar with some SCA buddies, years ago. I couldn't help laughing in glee when I could make them run into a tree or slip in the mud or sand as I came in for a kill shot. I wish we could do more of that in games.
  • Options
    drakonacidedrakonacide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013

it takes just a click to see whats going on why be that lazy?

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    guess ill play another game with my wife ;)
  • Options
    litakitten88litakitten88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great so i guess im going to have to make a twitter account v.v
  • Options
    ozzonelayyer69ozzonelayyer69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And the servers are down.
    Started by draekus, Today 12:17 PM

1 2 3 ... 14

Replies: 138
    Views: 15,965

squidjoe
    Today, 03:51 PM Go to last post

16k views in a little over 3 hours.
  • Options
    lorentzo02lorentzo02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    go play battlefield!! and boring wait on server come up agian
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well if what I read on twitter is correct then it seems they are having difficulty with this and are thinking of a full wipe cause they are talking and saying no one will lose RL money so that sucks

I really don't think there will be a wipe and can't see how one would be justified. Maybe a rollback of a few hours to a previous save, but not a wipe. I expect the problem is probably ah code that doesn't completely disable the ah. As for catching the miscreants, well, that may take time to get them all, but one way is to flag any account that has received an inordinate amount of AD in the last few hours and have someone look to be sure that 1. The AD were received from the AH and not from a micro-transaction. and 2. That however it was received it was a legitimate transaction. They may even try to sweep up some of the gold seller transactions in the process, 2 birds with one stone. The game may be down for several hours, so not point getting all in a rush.
  • Options
    shadathshadath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m

@omgitzslashgame I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.

there, an official statement guaranteeing a wipe wont happen. We can stop talking about it now. :)
  • Options
    drakonacidedrakonacide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great so i guess im going to have to make a twitter account v.v

no you dont have to make an account you can see whats being posted without one. ;p
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • Options
    eldani82eldani82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    we ALL know what BETA is for and yes, it is for times such as these.
    I would be a hundred percent with you on that .... IF Perfect World wasn't monetizing this beta period already.

The thing is, that the game has already begun, so to speak, because with the beginning of the open beta, no character wipe was planned and everything done now will carry over for all time. As soon as the operators of this game started the ZEN market and introduced real money into the equation, the beta excuse became invalid. That's how I see it and that's why I feel a bit cheesed off at Cryptic/PW, because I have reacted the same in the past, when I bought other games, that didn't work or weren't finished at their release.

Judging by the latest info on twitter, the guy at the keyboard has absolutely no idea what's going to happen or how long this downtime will last. But even he can see, that it is probably more severe than initially expected ("We're probably looking at multiple hours, though"). What began with a server shutdown that was to last for an hour, may now become half a day or more. It's 1 am here in Europe, so that's it for me. A wasted Sunday evening waiting for this game to come back online. Nighty night.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I really don't think there will be a wipe and can't see how one would be justified. Maybe a rollback of a few hours to a previous save, but not a wipe. I expect the problem is probably ah code that doesn't completely disable the ah. As for catching the miscreants, well, that may take time to get them all, but one way is to flag any account that has received an inordinate amount of AD in the last few hours and have someone look to be sure that 1. The AD were received from the AH and not from a micro-transaction. and 2. That however it was received it was a legitimate transaction. They may even try to sweep up some of the gold seller transactions in the process, 2 birds with one stone. The game may be down for several hours, so not point getting all in a rush.
    I thought there was a daily AD cap too or is that just from missions... and not including the AH?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I thought there was a daily AD cap too or is that just from missions... and not including the AH?

To refine, not to receive.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 2m
    @DjDazzled Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue.
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
    4:01 PM - 19 May 13