• Options
    coachingperfectcoachingperfect Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server sign says its down again. :'[
  • Options
    dngrmse1dngrmse1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    catterd67 wrote: »
    I would like an official update from them as to when they think the servers will be online.

I doubt they'll say much until they have concrete information to pass on to their players. They're not going to say "Well, we think, that maybe, if the entrails read right, and the tea leaves do not predict imminent doom, we'll have the servers up in one hour". That will be taken as a promise of having the servers up in exactly one hour by a rather large number of players.

Yeah, it's frustrating having to wait...but that's the nature of the beast.
  • Options
    mckittehmckitteh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. 5 hours and it is still down. This has to be a record especially since closed beta was mostly weekends.

I am glad this has happened now rather then later but a full wipe would negatively affect those who have put time and effort into not only reaching 60 but starting to acquire pvp gear. One could argue that someone so addicted could restart and have the same level in no time but I know of a lot of partners out there who would hate such a prospect. Especially when attention is already being competed for with STO.

For all these comments the staff may be left with little choice. I would hope that in this event, any zen that has been purchased would be put back into our accounts (just as zen not $) to be used on fresh characters / other PW projects.
  • Options
    dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Makes me wonder what the team is doing while the server down... make sitting around doing nothing? Maybe having a Christmas party? Maybe their killing each other? Maybe their breaking their computers as they rage from all the rage mail that was sent to them...
  • Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    dngrmse1 wrote: »
    I doubt they'll say much until they have concrete information to pass on to their players. They're not going to say "Well, we think, that maybe, if the entrails read right, and the tea leaves do not predict imminent doom, we'll have the servers up in one hour". That will be taken as a promise of having the servers up in exactly one hour by a rather large number of players.

Yeah, it's frustrating having to wait...but that's the nature of the beast.

"We'll have an update for you shortly.... "
    45 minutes later, "we'll have an update for you shortly..."
    1.5 hours later, "We will have the servers off line for an hour..."
    1 hour later, "We will be extending downtime for an additional hour..."
    3 hours later, "UPDATE: We have isolated the issue, and will have an update for you shortly"
    1 hour later, I eventually go to bed.
  • Options
    aznp33nrocketaznp33nrocket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Kristingrave. There's someone else here with some sense to back me up here ^_^
  • Options
    caitatoniccaitatonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The humorous part is they were criticized for not taking the servers down at first. Now they're being criticized for having the servers down.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    3 hours later, "UPDATE: We have isolated the issue, and will have an update for you shortly"
    >1 hour later, I eventually go to bed.<

LOL good sense of humor
  • Options
    dngrmse1dngrmse1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 hour later, I eventually go to bed.

Thank you for proving my point.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    caitatonic wrote: »
    The humorous part is they were criticized for not taking the servers down at first. Now they're being criticized for having the servers down.

Don't worry if no one criticized them for anything I'll be sure to criticize them for everything... EVERYTHING IS THEIR FAULT!!! Not shutting the servers down AND not putting the servers back up
    ^ a supposed more realistic version..
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People calm your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, isolating issues like these takes time, and rounding up all the cheaters takes time as well. That and it's a weekend, means less staff is probably at work right now. Also for the last time to those who are still going on about it.
    There will not be a server wipe, ever.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay everyone sit down and calm down so you don't do anything that you'll regret such as going across the street and committing a crime...
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There will not be a server wipe, ever.

I bet those who are saying they support a wipe are players that just started and also I bet these same players haven't spent any actual money. I think they are hoping for a way to "catch up" for lost time while others have been playing for weeks.

The problem with a wipe is that it could potentially lead to legal issues. Not saying that there is definitely a case for legal action but I can see aspects of how the zen store is run that could lead to lawsuits if a wipe were conducted. I think Cryptic is well aware of this fact and probably plays a role in their reminder that they will never character wipe.

So all of you hoping for a reset so you don't feel left behind can suck it up and deal with arriving late to the party.
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one is really arriving in that late honestly, it only takes a good week or two to get to 60. The leveling curve is easy.
    You can also always just PvP your way up in levels, since that's even faster then questing...given your team wins and all.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    I bet those who are saying they support a wipe are players that just started and also I bet these same players haven't spent any actual money. I think they are hoping for a way to "catch up" for lost time while others have been playing for weeks.

The problem with a wipe is that it could potentially lead to legal issues. Not saying that there is definitely a case for legal action but I can see aspects of how the zen store is run that could lead to lawsuits if a wipe were conducted. I think Cryptic is well aware of this fact and probably plays a role in their reminder that they will never character wipe.

So all of you hoping for a reset so you don't feel left behind can suck it up and deal with arriving late to the party.

Well in a sense free to play players never payed anything because their smart enough not to spend money on a beta which isn't technically completed players that chose pay to for a game regardless if it was beta or not PWE would of course not take any blame for it for disclosure agreements. Those who lost their money during a beta were aware it was still being tested yet still chose to buy something from the game.

At least along those lines. It may sound like a rip-off and people may argue with me... but by no means is PWE going to give your money back no matter how people put up a fight...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    double post lag issue
  • Options
    gbpackers12gbpackers12 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was pretty excited to roll a new GWF and take a days break from my TR today since I have nothing but time on Sundays.

So much for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Technically online purchases for virtual items aren't seen that greatly in court.
    Even PayPal doesn't deal with refunds that have to do with virtual items.
    So it's basically a money sink for whoever is throwing cash at the game right now, but if you want the items then by all means go for it and buy whatever you want, you are helping the game stay afloat. :3
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    gbpackers12gbpackers12 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was pretty excited to roll a new GWF and take a days break from my TR today since I have nothing but time on Sundays.

So much for that.
  • Options
    stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    Don't care what you think Krumple..you assume wrong. The people that cheat and have this atttitude in life and want to "rush rush rush" like an absolute loser are the ones ruining MMOs. They constantly whinge that they don't get what they want..which in simple truth is EZMODE. Wow what losers..thanks for ruining great games because you all don't get what you want in life.

Bring on the wipe..get rid of losers that ruin and imbalance our great game. Losers that pick only certain classes because they are considered "super" and aren't patient. Don't really care if we lose 30%.. most of them are in this game for the wrong reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I saw this video posted earlier. And being bored, I had to make a gif of it. I think it relates to today.
    5fm8e9.gif
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    grugokgrugok Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is there another update on the servers yet?
  • Options
    grugokgrugok Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw this video posted earlier. And being bored, I had to make a gif of it. I think it relates to today.
    5fm8e9.gif

hahaha this is great!! perfect!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    grugok wrote: »
    is there another update on the servers yet?

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 3m

@teuvernilli Not at this time. We may have an estimate soon, but I'm not certain.

I would estimate another hour or two.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol I wish I was that guy dancing on side walk while cats pop randomly on their hind legs and started dancing along with me. So pro
  • Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caitatonic wrote: »

The not so humorous part is that apparently this was reported during CLOSED Betas and they never bothered to fix it until now. I wonder if some of the Turbine folks are working for PWE/Cryptic now (get notified of bugs, etc. during closed beta, ignore, release product, causes all sorts of problems and have to take servers down for hours to try to fix what they were too lazy to fix before).

Oh well, time for some DDO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dracoth wrote: »
    lol I wish I was that guy dancing on side walk while cats pop randomly on their hind legs and started dancing along with me. So pro

Same, now just to become black get a white suit and become a man. Then hire dancing cats, and go walk around the streets of San Fran to this song.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5fm8e9.gif

Mike Diva's a baws lol.
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same, now just to become black get a white suit and become a man. Then hire dancing cats, and go walk around the streets of San Fran to this song.

No problem, you can do all that in Thailand.