test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And the servers are down.

Comments

• plentyoskillzplentyoskillz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yoyoyom wrote: »
    well if what I read on twitter is correct then it seems they are having difficulty with this and are thinking of a full wipe cause they are talking and saying no one will lose RL money so that sucks

Where are you reading that at? All I see is ...

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 14m
    @DjDazzled Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue.

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 13m
    @DreamStalker199 Right now, we're focused on fixing the issue, rather than looking past it. We do understand players have lost time, though.

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 33m
    @btreif ... I'm not certain. One way or another, if we do have to do character-specific changes, we'd be working to limit the changes.
  • malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what exactly happened and what does this have to do with cats?

I was away for most of the day. Did I miss fluffy kitties?
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    So what exactly happened and what does this have to do with cats?

I was away for most of the day. Did I miss fluffy kitties?

Fluffy kittens that were used on the ah to exploit AD. I can't give you any details, due to eula but I'm sure if you read the posts you can get the gist of it. So yes, you missed fluffy kittens.
  • coachingperfectcoachingperfect Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long does it take for the servers to reboot?
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    How long does it take for the servers to reboot?

They are doing a lot more than just rebooting servers. This may take awhile.
  • volstokvolstok Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not a reboot, they are fixing the game.
    edited May 2013
    I just got the game downloaded today, and I wanted to play a little. Next thing I know the servers are down after about an hour of playing. :'[
    edited May 2013
    So is there no estimated time?
  • yotharyothar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not surprised about there being a glich in the game,since it is a beta. Well, off to wow, maybe I can get some pvp in tonight.
  • gebertengeberten Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...it's just a game, you take it much too serious!
    ==================================================
    --- Stay heavy! \m/ ---
    ==================================================
  • pmiillepmiille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can support full wipe. whether you worked to get very far or not, it's your time. the rest of us, who didn't abuse a game glitch, would rather not be punished for what PW failed to do right and others took advantage of. it's a bit ridiculous that they didn't test this out very much before implementing it, then they got glitched. when everything is tied to zen and AD, people are going to abuse any glitch they can find to get more of either. just wish they'd try a little to avoid making such huge mistakes, before putting them out, when it's no longer a closed beta that is down for 5 days between 2 day stints of access. when it's down for 5 days, who cares if they wipe on monday, to fix a problem they created and someone exploited?

would be very nice if they'd post something on the news feed, so you can at least see that the servers are down and will be until they get a problem resolved, instead of having to come all the way into the forums and search for a topic. it's not like they haven't known all day that the servers are down.
  • pmiillepmiille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ***double post***
  • bloodygatitabloodygatita Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Yup...

Just thought you might want to know.

Anyone need a drink? Wind Dixie had 1800 on sale.

A little O3, some lemon and lime and a splash of OJ!!
  • silvrbluesilvrblue Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its still a BETA.. Tho, technically its not.. Ppl have already opened their wallets.. Buying stuff, in a BETA, who does that??

Ive just started playing. Nothing to loose, except customizing character. I support wipe, cause of BETA status, and economy.
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone know what time the servers will be back up??
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually connecting to server but it times out right now.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    pednick wrote: »
    actually connecting to server but it times out right now.

Which means you're not connecting
  • missqucymissqucy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like this game.
  • fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    B double E double R UN, BEER RUN!
    ~T. Snider
    Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres,
    Stripped of will and soul. Only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • arntoyarntoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waiting.. waiting.. waiting..
    As a GWF, this is how I beat TR/CW!

[frnXxyM.gif
  • imperius85imperius85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silvrblue wrote: »
    Its still a BETA.. Tho, technically its not.. Ppl have already opened their wallets.. Buying stuff, in a BETA, who does that??.

EverQuest 2 did that.
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stadulator wrote: »
    Which means you're not connecting

Of course but it no longer says "server unavailable" so it's progress.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • aznp33nrocketaznp33nrocket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doesn't matter that its a BETA. When developers open the market to to the customers they cannot wipe out stuff players PAY for and use the "BETA Excuse". If PW is comfortable enough to open up their marketplace then they are comfortable enough to prevent a full wipe. Also, they have stated that they will not do a full wipe, so stop talking about support of a full wipe. Do some research please.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 2m

@Grescon Not just yet, unfortunately. We'll have an update on this soon.

Update just came in, hang tight people. xD
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
    edited May 2013
    Yeah same. So Im guessing the servers will be up soon. It says they are
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the update mate! Stalking their twitter account was getting me nowhere!

8P

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doesn't matter that its a BETA. When developers open the market to to the customers they cannot wipe out stuff players PAY for and use the "BETA Excuse". If PW is comfortable enough to open up their marketplace then they are comfortable enough to prevent a full wipe. Also, they have stated that they will not do a full wipe, so stop talking about support of a full wipe. Do some research please.

This 100 times over.
    I see so many people in game talking about a full wipe coming around once they 'launch' the game. PWE/Cryptic stated many times all ready that there will not be a full wipe, they even specified that in one of their twitter replies today. Roll back maybe, but even that I don't think is going to happen, reason they are taking such a long time. A roll back would be fairly quick and they can open the servers again, but they are trying to locate all of the people (or as many as they can) that took part in this cat frenzy bs.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After reading this post It reminded of a funny youtube video where part of the scene was a enemy that was loading... Main character was thinking if he should kill or it not before it loaded... then made a PS3 comment on how they also load so slowly... I like funny parodies
  • catterd67catterd67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like an official update from them as to when they think the servers will be online.
    Nothing Funny to read here.
    edited May 2013
    Update:
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.

Since not everyone is keeping an eye on Twitter or the other post.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..