test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

And the servers are down.

draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We wait with bated breath...
Post edited by draekus on

Comments

• Options
    creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Yup. I got dropped too.
  • Options
    bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope they dont rollback else my last 13 hours levelling are gone and its back to WoW.
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's a CATastrophy!

Dragon players know what I'm talking about...awww yea.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    deathicarus817deathicarus817 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what a ****ty excuse for a server. get yalls **** together. ive only been playing like 2 weeks and this **** happend like 15 times. seriously. **** yall.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    and then there was silence
  • Options
    visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Que the suspenseful background music!
  • Options
    ironman1967ironman1967 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    psst...hey buddy...wanna buy a cat?
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aww I was in the middle of a run right near a boss. I knew you well servers. ; ;
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You really don't know the reason. All morning it has been a lag fest due to the Auction House fubar. If they rollback, oh well, it doesn't take long to get back to where I was. I'm more concerned with them fixing these exploits and removing the griefers that used them. Servers go down, I know its an imperfect world but deal with it. Ranting like my five year old isn't going to help much.
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
  • Options
    kyouapple24kyouapple24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was there... as the chat floods the server
    i was there... as the zone chat is filled with the same theme
    i was there... as everyone spcm, scream, and troll the exact same things in caps over and over

i was there... as the cats invaded

i was there... at the catpocalypse

remember us
  • Options
    muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not only the game servers were down but for a brief time even the forum server was down.
  • Options
    tannjitannji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a world message would be nice. I had no idea that the AH had issues or that there were exploits ongoing. I just get dumped with no warning.
  • Options
    shirkahnshirkahn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An hour downtime for the AH issue. Heard they were going to fix the glitch people were exploiting and banning those using it. Any confirmation on that would be good though from them rather then just dropping it without a word.
  • Options
    tigerwstigerws Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What was the deal with the cats anyway??
  • Options
    draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was a good day to sell Cats I'll tell you that much.
  • Options
    stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    draekus wrote: »
    We wait with baited breath...

According to the twitter page they have been brought down to address the AH exploit, they are estimating an hour down time. As with any MMO such estimates usually mean little.
  • Options
    eyeofgruumsheyeofgruumsh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a beta, meh. It'll be back when it's back.
  • Options
    forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Servers are down for maintenance - will be back in about an hour (so says twitter).
  • Options
    namininamini Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cyguard1 wrote: »
    Servers go down, I know its an imperfect world but deal with it.

I see what you did there. ;)
  • Options
    tannjitannji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone want to fill us in on what happened with cats? Didn't see it, sounds crazy
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hope they bring'em back up ASAP. Nothing sucks more than a weekend server crash, because most of the staff isn't working on weekends and those are the busiest days of the week for any MMORPG.

/sigh

It's times like these that $15/month subscription based MMOs look good.
  • Options
    ironman1967ironman1967 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i saw three different guilds doing old west cat drives out of Protectors Enclave, 5,000 heads of cat
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The cats... they poured in through the walls as shadow, consuming all that obstructed their path... Within minutes, everyone... everyone was gone... Into the void of fur-balls.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • Options
    karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLoHifu6aM

I'm like cats cats cats cats cats, back in the day, it was cats cats cats.
  • Options
    mklein2836mklein2836 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    looks like I got off just in time. Now I get why people were selling cats for 17gold. I paid full price for mine a couple days ago, he better still be there.

Frickin scum...hope they perma ban every single one of em
  • Options
    troublex2troublex2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The last time they warned us about maintenance they gave us the wrong date. They apologized and said that they wouldn't do that again. Did anyone see an in-game message or forum post this time that I missed?
  • Options
    namininamini Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    servers are down for maintenance - will be back in about an hour (so says twitter).

so say we all!
  • Options
    xjdx6xjdx6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice if us Zen buyers got something from all this, feel a bit cheated as ofc people who didn't crazily exploit this will end up probably keeping their AH output (Fishes always get through the net).
  • Options
    stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    tannji wrote: »
    a world message would be nice. I had no idea that the AH had issues or that there were exploits ongoing. I just get dumped with no warning.

Have to agree, a few minutes notice would have been nice, to allow people to move to a safe area.
  • Options
    galthisgalthis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "it is beta" excuse is getting a bit old. What we have here is the result of a large game getting less than 2 weeks of closed beta testing. What we have here is the result of not even bothering to CB test a large portion of the game at all. It is a result of a company using CB as a marketing and revenue generating tool, not as a way to test for bugs.

Yes, it is beta. But it is becoming a bad beta. Now, there is clearly panic sweat forming. Servers just turned off with no warning at all, hours after the horses are already out of the barn. 8th graders are picking the code in this game apart. It is getting hard to like this game.