Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ronoch wrote: »
    Lol you need to go play a single player game sir. You are obviously not competitive which is all MMOs are about, spending money/ time etc to be the best and ofc having fun. If everyone thought/played like you then they would have no game.

You have played WoW much too long...
    Being hyper competitive only makes you the type of player most others avoid, there are tons of non competitive MMO players, sticking your head in the sand and pretending they're an anomaly is silly.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    rhaanarhaana Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so I feel silly by asking, but what exactly happened in the AH? I know there were "exploiters" but what does that mean exactly? What were they doing to disrupt the economy?
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    evdlKba.png

If you have any questions regarding the rotation, do not hesitate to contact me ingame at Byona@Byonah.
  • Options
    soth007soth007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

post from a previous exploiter about getting a mild slap on the wrist. sold astral diamonds to selling sites for over $6000
  • Options
    t3abagg3dt3abagg3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so whats wrong with the AH?....i have 3 lvl 60's and still have yet to use it
  • Options
    linkthisgoddammilinkthisgoddammi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    Hey at least the D&D nerds are off the streets, think what harm would come to society and the world economy if they ever were to be allowed outside!!

WTB +3 Hoodie Of Freedom, Boots Of Fascist Stomping PST
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This company is looking more and more like a joke to me..im beginning to regret spending money on any of their games....

Come on ESO and EQ Next, lets get the show online!
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    omidawnomidawn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, for those of you who got in late. From what I understand the cheat has been around since the beginning. It has been used to generate unlimited AD, Zen, and Gold on the Auction House market, but generally was kept a secret until last night when someone posted it publicly (I think on one of the market threads). Everything in the Auction House emptied out in one night using the cheat (this has been discussed earlier in the thread, I think.) The cats were purchased by the cheaters with the AD that was generated (apparently the best Companion that can be purchased and resold easily) in order to launder the AD currency back into the marketplace and off of their account. This is what I have gleaned from listening to other people, so this is heresay.
  • Options
    pois0nmanpois0nman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sorry but, LOL at todays news / findings, all this exploiting, the economy is all Fed up... No roll backs or complete wipes... ah, funny stuff!

Cryptic / PWE, this is also why you don't charge real money during beta, wipe at the end of beta, and the do the launch on a clean, hopefully mostly bug-less state.

Isn't wiping multiple times during beta and then once more after beta is complete, prior to launch, like MMO development 101?

The Zen Store and Auction House could have both been tested for Free (you know the real free, not charging people :-P ) during beta and wiped for launch.

When you don't treat your customer's like wallets they tend to be more willing to report bugs and exploits!

And are these other reports of this being the same bug / exploit from STO true as well?
  • Options
    rayverayve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe we can roll back IRL to before our world economy went to ****? And then we can ban the exploiters for life!

Problem solved, problem staying solved.
  • Options
    shamazzleshamazzle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All this talk of a shard-wide rollback as the preferred option...

Presumably this would have to be 2, maybe 3 days?

In the last two days I plumbed maybe 18 hours (sad I know) game-time into NW, and cancelled my WoW subscription having finally found a significantly superior game.

On last log off I had got my GF to level 49, 3 days ago I think he was about level 16...

Having to re-do that sort of leveling grind through the same quests would be soul destroying, I appreciate the dire need to fix the economy but a per-exploiter basis seems far fairer - I mean I've already spent ~
  • Options
    knifecityknifecity Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    salpro wrote: »
    Server status is on the top left of the launcher. My gripe is that I get limited time to play, I work during the week, Sunday afternoon is prime time. Please just fix the bug, ban the exploiters later. lets get the servers back up plz.....

That's just selfishness at it's peak. They won't bend over backwards for you. Too bad if you get limited time to play. Them's the breaks. I call for a ban on exploiters and a bug fix and I really could care less how long it takes. I'm tired of seeing these exploiters/dupers/hackers running in on games and wrecking it for everyone. I feel that the ban should spread to people who've purchased cats but that's just my opinion. The reason for this being a no-nonsense show of force that will make people think twice about mooching off exploiters. Despite any claims of innocence, EVERYONE knows that had they had solid knowledge of this, they would have jumped to buy a cat for like 15 gold. Too bad if you get banned. People should know that you only enable them by buying the items. Yeah, it's tempting but they need YOU to transfer their ill-gotten funds into legit assets. You aid them which makes catching them and taking care of the problem more difficult which means more time allotted for this which means the general populace including the moochers who used the exploiters/dupers to their own gains complains saying that the game sucks or "they" aren't doing a good job at this or "omg where's the update/notifs"

Go google that ish

Not hard.
  • Options
    lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I hope this is resolved soon. Neverwinter IS the AD/Zen exchange.
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How to recognize an exploiter?

Exclusive picture taken today in the backstreets of Neverwinter

catladys.jpg
  • Options
    counsil101counsil101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is the game still down?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soth007 wrote: »
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

post from a previous exploiter about getting a mild slap on the wrist. sold astral diamonds to selling sites for over $6000

MMmmmm that is four days old...if you look at the massively post and some of the Neverwinter twitter responses what's happening now is a bit more than a slap on the wrist. But who knows what will be what until they update us.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    magnabravmagnabrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pois0nman wrote: »
    I am sorry but, LOL at todays news / findings, all this exploiting, the economy is all Fed up... No roll backs or complete wipes... ah, funny stuff!

Cryptic / PWE, this is also why you don't charge real money during beta, wipe at the end of beta, and the do the launch on a clean, hopefully mostly bug-less state.

Isn't wiping multiple times during beta and then once more after beta is complete, prior to launch, like MMO development 101?

The Zen Store and Auction House could have both been tested for Free (you know the real free, not charging people :-P ) during beta and wiped for launch.

When you don't treat your customer's like wallets they tend to be more willing to report bugs and exploits!

And are these other reports of this being the same bug / exploit from STO true as well?

This is worthy of a thumbs up, but since I don't know how to manipulate such magic on this it shall be replaced with a smiley emote.

:)
  • Options
    kattara1kattara1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Boss adds were added because of these people, sure they could handle everything in epic gear, and where crying it is too easy.
  • Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    f5wp56.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suntzukhansuntzukhan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mungo112 wrote: »

...Tears rolling out my eyes from laughing...

You friend made my day.
  • Options
    dawgpounddudedawgpounddude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aerong1 wrote: »
    hope the server come up soon, i wanna play some epics XD,
    Developers, if you read this, i want to thank you for your job, i understand the game is in beta and there are a lot of bugs, like in epic caverns of karrundax droping seal of the pegasus instead of drake, or boss fights where the adds dont stop spawning even when the boss is death.
    Just wish to see the following:
    Raids
    New kind of PvP (arenas, mode, etc)
    Puzzles in the dungeons, like the real DnD dungeons.
    Bosses fights where you actually dont need to fight more than adds and solve a puzzle at the same time to complete the dungeon or raid.
    Extraplanar adventures
    The story is really cool, AWESOME, but could be better (i mean, i want to feel like part of the story and not just another adventurer)
    Deadly traps that need the job of a rogue to pass through them
    With more deadly traps you should give the rogue the ability to disarm traps even in the middle of the fight
    I know you are going to introduce more classes but i say the next because i want some classes in particular (Warlock, Favored soul, Druid, Shaman, Monk, Sorcerer, barbarian, and if possible the artificer from the stormreach campaing).

And for the ppl who read this, if you are not a developer copy and paste this in other forums, facebook or something.

Well-said, sir.
  • Options
    someguywhoplaysgamessomeguywhoplaysgames Member Posts: 1,546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it would be great if you kept the accounts used for this open in good faith...

but make the bids used in these AD transactions absolute values, then reprocess them.

Consider it the same as taking out a loan that is too big.

You will win <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> points with me, Cryptic.
    zX1y498.png
  • Options
    moldiver42moldiver42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the fixing exploits , but stating everything is open we're not doing any wipes, opening the gates to buy from them. Then doing it. Doesn't want me to continue playing or paying. Because what if in a month someone else finds some horrible exploit and they wipe again. So everything that you worked for is deleted and have to start over. Repeat. If it was a beta like any other game I'd know just to run around have fun without a care in the world. But to say we're happy, just got to tweak somethings, and you can continue we're letting it go as is. Then someone has an exploit and we're wiping. It's to much. I rarely even comment ever, let most things roll by. But there are tons of legitimate players, foundry guys, crafters, people that have put time under that assumption. That everything will stay only to have it deleted? I've put a little money into the game because I thought it was good and they deserved it, and I got some perks.
    But it will be another NGE like from Star Wars Galaxies, they will do this and lose a huge chunk of player base. Some are fine but your talking thousands of people and only a dozen* are abusing the system, and maybe a dozen* are saying wipe. Then you lose 3k people because you did.
    I'm not whining , I'm stating a fact. Sure I can make up levels or crafting back up, get my items back EVENTUALLY. But I was logged in when I could or all the time for days crafting to get what I needed . And they are going to wipe 72 hrs out, I want 72 hrs of my life back.
  • Options
    t3abagg3dt3abagg3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

thats bad ***....so in other words we are going to shut the game down all day because other people are making money.
    yea i guess i would to...i mean who needs money for anything? i kno id pass up a deal if i could make $6000...screw that deal
  • Options
    darkwingduck315darkwingduck315 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And this is what you get when you wont pay for a game. Suck it up.... free to play implementations have these issues. Server has been down for hr's now. Guess this is still in beta regardless of the fact were spending real money buying items.

Between the gold sellers and the constant exploiters... how in the hell is this game going to ever get a foot hold. Everytime they remove one exploit another one shows up. And its always the people playing the game fairly that seem to suffer for it.

/**** happens
  • Options
    zaruch2013zaruch2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HAHAHAH best idea for last 12 h in Neverwinter ... n/c

http://i.imgur.com/YTVqC4X.png
  • Options
    galatheraliengalatheralien Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mcgugan88 wrote: »
    I fully Agree with everything and feel the same way been gaming online since Bulletin Boards and paying by the hour to play.

Remember when the WWW was only available through AOL or CompuServe? Just being logged in was pay-by-the-hour. Playing ASCII games on BBs was awesome and free.
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it is still down. They said that it would be down for at least 2 more ours at 1.30 pm, so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    ewecaniaewecania Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE being PWE, what else is new?
    Luvia is Best Girl
    tumblr_prax0mUctH1w0vpwco1_250.png
    zaShunina [Warden] | Cadmus Imoogi [Justicar] | Shyvar Imoogi [Whisperknife] | Caelven Zepphyr [Assassin]
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    moldiver42 wrote: »
    I get the fixing exploits , but stating everything is open we're not doing any wipes, opening the gates to buy from them. Then doing it. Doesn't want me to continue playing or paying. Because what if in a month someone else finds some horrible exploit and they wipe again. So everything that you worked for is deleted and have to start over. Repeat. If it was a beta like any other game I'd know just to run around have fun without a care in the world. But to say we're happy, just got to tweak somethings, and you can continue we're letting it go as is. Then someone has an exploit and we're wiping. It's to much. I rarely even comment ever, let most things roll by. But there are tons of legitimate players, foundry guys, crafters, people that have put time under that assumption. That everything will stay only to have it deleted? I've put a little money into the game because I thought it was good and they deserved it, and I got some perks.
    But it will be another NGE like from Star Wars Galaxies, they will do this and lose a huge chunk of player base. Some are fine but your talking thousands of people and only a dozen* are abusing the system, and maybe a dozen* are saying wipe. Then you lose 3k people because you did.
    I'm not whining , I'm stating a fact. Sure I can make up levels or crafting back up, get my items back EVENTUALLY. But I was logged in when I could or all the time for days crafting to get what I needed . And they are going to wipe 72 hrs out, I want 72 hrs of my life back.

u r whinning its beta if they wipe they wipe