test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lymprecht wrote: »
    Hopefully there's no punishments for the people who did this. It's a beta afterall.

Hopefully there is. Beta or not. People did it knowing that it was a broken mechanic.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    mtmdksmtmdks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So did Dev team give up and go home? or are they still clueless on how to fix the issue and dont want to admit that it might take days to fix? come on wake up and give us an update on when game will be up and running dont care if its days just tierd of checking forum and trying to log into the game with the same offline result....
  • Options
    mmartine1mmartine1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dwg38 wrote: »
    Seriously, dude? Personally, I'm against a wipe, but that's never going to happen anyway. But "soul-destroying??" Don't you think that's overstating it, just a tad?

My soul might be slightly dented.
  • Options
    rhaanarhaana Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mtmdks wrote: »
    So did Dev team give up and go home? or are they still clueless on how to fix the issue and dont want to admit that it might take days to fix? come on wake up and give us an update on when game will be up and running dont care if its days just tierd of checking forum and trying to log into the game with the same offline result....

Quoting their twitter feed "Definitely sometime today (Pacific time), measured in hours not minutes. Unfortunately, I don't have an exact ETA."
  • Options
    naero111naero111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya i just read that. guess it pays to exploit after all
  • Options
    rasenjinrasenjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    singedkittysingedkitty Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully there's no punishments for the people who did this. It's a beta afterall.
    I think it would be great if you kept the accounts used for this open in good faith...

but make the bids used in these AD transactions absolute values, then reprocess them.

Consider it the same as taking out a loan that is too big.

Not worried at all, are yah guys? :p
  • Options
    un4seen88un4seen88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Out come the "All Mighty Ban Hammers" .... lol. Was logging in to see why servers were down, so long as they are taking out the trash .. take your time . Glad to see them doing this unlike so many other gaming companies who'd just let them slide.

Wish some were more understanding of this.
  • Options
    estelwen43estelwen43 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why on earth you would want to cheat in a game is beyond me. I don't mind waiting as long as the issue is resolved. I love this game thus far.
  • Options
    am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aeofell wrote: »
    Its Beta. 10Char

It's not Beta. It's Live. Get your facts straight.

http://www.perfectworld.com/

Notice the 'L' next to Neverwinter? That means 'Live.' If this was still an Open Beta, it would be an 'O.'
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Might want to follow the twitter instead. They said its going to be today, but probably hours not minutes away.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    geeboi37geeboi37 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 53s
    @DjDazzled Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue.
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No Wipes people. Leave it be.

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 1m

@DjDazzled Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue.

"Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.

So NO WIPE obviously...
  • Options
    phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Barkeep! A Tankard of Gutbuster, I believe I reached the end of this thread! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Edit: Wow, it double posted. Snap. Cleared for edit!

• Options
    vladdkayvladdkay Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, I just hope they wipe and start from day 1. Everyone who bought whatever they bought should get it back, and start over with us. This is a beta, everyone needs to quit crying about this. The people who are responsible will have consequences, but that doesn't mean that it will reverse the damage. A ton of zen has been laundered to numerous accounts, everyone in-game was trading in CATS, this is beyond sad that everyone and I do mean EVERYONE in the community got involved, and basically 90% of the accounts are tainted and guilty.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad they are banning the exploiters instead of punishing everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    Update 4:00PM Pacific: The Neverwinter Team is working to address this issue still including a very thorough investigation. More information will come with our next update.
  • Options
    sykotikkytensykotikkyten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, full wipes are off the table.

Relax plx.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336255428541444096
  • Options
    mikemotamikemota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no wipe? so the bank store of my guild will keep the large amounts of nightmare inferno/training mounts II and III/tier2 sets/cats

all that in 4 slots

thx
  • Options
    runoutofnamesno1runoutofnamesno1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heard all the rubbish spouted.
    Its the developers fault and if you don't do what I say then I am going to sue you for my money back BWAAH,and when someone opposes your view of a total wipe oooo lets all start insulting the few people who have brains.
    Seems like this forum is just like very other one look at me I have got all the shiny gear and yes I may be very good at auction house sim but now I am a super duper high level game player I must know more than you.

But here is the rub the people who are causing this problem are greedy same as the greedy exploiters you get in all the games but you being the auction house tycoon feed these people because they feed that over blown ego of yours by selling all the exploited stuff on the auction house.But there again you are so angry that you probably can't see it.

So I am a newbie don't bother much with the auction house so have not fed those nasty greedy exploiters and vendered most of my stuff yes I am poor but I am having fun but then I do not care who is the baddest or the best just that people are nice and have fun and are polite.

Again some of the posters' here have failed miserably on those listed points,me I will wait and give the company a chance to rectify the situation caused by most peoples' greed.
  • Options
    darkwingduck315darkwingduck315 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just read a post about the exploit. Some lvl 60 guy that made close to $7000 real money selling AD he got using a hack. The economy is done... i dont see it recovering from this. All the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that has happened in the last 2 weeks. Just hope cryptic can fix it.

Just goes to show you that you real cant trust people to do the right thing. Everyone is just to me oriented to do the right thing.
  • Options
    vegetafh1vegetafh1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [colour green]Update 4:05PM Pacific: Admin screws up trying to recolour the updates to the thread in the OP [/colour green] (haha fail colour)
    Update 4:06PM Pacific: Admin posts the updates to the thread on the last page of the thread

Well done dude, VERY funny :D

Also, id love to note, that i love these admins
  • Options
    mystic586mystic586 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

IF they had done it then promptly reported it to the Devs, then I would agree with you 100%. But, instead they not only kept doing it, but also encouraged others to do it as well. If they decide to do a full wipe, I will stand behind the Devs. While this is a beta, the attitude of "lets see if we can destroy the entire game's infrastructure, and make money while we do it" should get you a perma-ban.
  • Options
    mtmdksmtmdks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Might want to follow the twitter instead. They said its going to be today, but probably hours not minutes away.

Yeah think ill just forget it for to day and check it tomorrow, and i dont use twitter :P
  • Options
    mmartine1mmartine1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

When you don't know exactly what the problem is, you have no way of estimating a time to fix it. And even when you do know what the problem is, you still have almost no way of knowing when it's going to be fixed. And if you try to estimate it, you will either be wrong or full of BS. Better to be honest about it and not give an ETA because they'd have no hope in hell of being accurate.
  • Options
    kattara1kattara1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    Hopefully there is. Beta or not. People did it knowing that it was a broken mechanic.

This sound more and more like a cheat engine, not a bug.
  • Options
    bigslikbigslik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speak for yourself Vlad your comment that everyone was involved is False in every sence of the word!!!!