Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xenobias wrote: »
    Man I tell you, these forums would be a wonderful psychological tool. The mass hysteria, paranoia, the attempts at information manipulation, even the trolling out of boredom.

It seems most of you either have poor reading comprehension or simply ignore anything that doesn't fit into your idea of what may happen.

The updates for this issue are showing up about every 30mins or so.

In those updates only once was the word 'roll-back' ever used. It obviously was referring to the accounts that used the AH exploit.

It said nothing about foundry, the accounts that didn't use the exploit, items, zen, professions-none of that.

Now a later update did mention looking at how the exploit effected the game as a whole-this may change what the company will do.

I said MAY-which depends on what they find.

They will let everyone know what they have decided to do.

As of the 2:30 update-the only roll back being considered is an account specific one for those accounts that utilized the exploit.

I realize you people are frustrated and bored but most of you must have some tiny bit of common sense. Quit the whining and wait for more information.

I also realize that some of you are unable to distinguish between reality and fantasy-you can't be helped. You need professional intervention.

It's really pathetic seeing people in their 20's 30's and 40's whining like little school children especially about something they have absolutely no control over.

The game is nice. The game is fun. The company staff and personnel are doing a very good job.

The only thing that gives me a slight twinge about this game is that the controlling interest is based in China.

LOL There is no need for all this reason and logic, who the heck do you think you are!!!??
  • Options
    naero111naero111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xhotsaucex wrote: »
    So what do people do who bought zen and opened boxes and bought respecs during that time. I will be never playing this game if i get screwed out of my 30 dollars.

I dont see why they couldnt refund zen, and wipe. What they need to do is look at how Blizzard delt with their RMAH mess, and do the EXACT OPPOSITE !. I liquidated all my items, sold evrything in Diablo and converted it to zen. bye diablo
  • Options
    lrdthorrenlrdthorren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're perma-banning people that used the exploit even those that reported the bug via the bug report. My son found this exploit and reported, he got perma-banned. So I highly doubt they'll be wiping the server.
  • Options
    exstremistexstremist Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stop spamming wipe and rollback admin said no wipe/rollback why you cannot understand it and arguing about something that not even exist at this moment
  • Options
    m1sgfnsmc1m1sgfnsmc1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yRBFMr5.png
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    FiX the Bug whipe everyones account and stat over ...Fixed
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    papabear27 wrote: »
    Complete wipe with a refund of AD and Zen spent is the only way to restore full confidence in the player base.

Correct. Besides, will give me a chance to reroll a CW instead of the ****ty GWF I first started out with.
  • Options
    tsakmir11tsakmir11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cyberkat wrote: »
    Folks, Neverwinter is in beta testing. Things like this are expected to happen.

moldiver42 squawking about the unfairness of it all during a beta is stupidity. You knew it was a beta when you signed up to participate. We all did. So suck it up bud!

They are perma-banning the exploiters. Clearly PWE did not expect this to happen.
  • Options
    himemidplzhimemidplz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello everybody,

I've been playing for only two days, and my idea might be a bit naive, but isn't there a way to just rollback the transactions ? If their databases are well organized, they can manage to use a simple algorithm to restore the state of the server.

They have the AH database, so they can identify all the negative-bid transactions, and get the exploiters list.
    Once it's done, you have the first list for your transaction rollback algorithm. Identify ALL transactions from there, and generate the list of all ppl who have traded with the first list : NPCs, AH, classic trades, etc. You have your 2nd list. Then, from the 2nd list, generate the 3rd list of ppl who have traded with the 2nd, and so on.
    Once you've generated all the lists up to the shutdown of the servers, just rollback from the last list to the first one (it might take some time, cause the complexity is quite exponential, but i feel like PWE could just get servers for the calculation from a specialized company, for the duration of the fix).
    For each player in one of the list, you would have to cancel all the upgrades bought from the NPCs (mount upgrade...), refund them, so the amount could be rollbacked if needed.

Once it's done, all the non legit AD would be on the first list accounts (the exploiters), which would get banned forever. I think that's the only way to avoid a wipe/total rollback, which would obviously cost a lot to PWE.

People who have traded with the exploiters would lose nothing, and even if the exploiters have mules or w/e they would be empty. All the AD sold to the internet sellers would disappear.

Of course, there are some adjustments to add to what I said, but I really think they can do something of that sort.
  • Options
    hendrixfoxhendrixfox Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    I've played a lot of betas too, like GW2 where we knew it would be wiped and we would get our gems refunded at launch. We were told so.
    Here we were told there would be no wipe and we have been encouraged to spend real money. Me and a lot of other gamers, might be ****ing crazy, but that does not change the facts.

Exactly. A game that's trying to actively make money in the cash-store (as opposed to the pre-purchase stuff like the Founders Pack, etc.) during their *beta* stage has a rather nasty problem with their business model. Granted, this *is* the first time that Cryptic has been doing a f2p game from the beginning (their others started subscription, then converted later), but that's still not much of an excuse. The *right* way to have gone was to have implemented a stipend of 'fake Zen' to spend in the cash store during the beta stage (and *not* allow actual Zen to be transferred into the game) to test it--and then a well-publicized complete wipe at the final release date.

Frankly, what we have now is most definitely *not* a proper beta--it's at best a head-start, with the early players getting a jump in progress compared to the ones who show up for the 'actual' release.
  • Options
    zootallurezootallure Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wish people would quit posting they just need a clicky for the admin to just keep us updated
  • Options
    debikichidebikichi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the easiest solution would just be to give every character a free cat.
  • Options
    brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter
    Update: we're hoping to have more info for you soon, and are still working on the issue. Thanks so much for your patience!
  • Options
    phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everytime I think I finally reached the end of this forum thread, there's more to read.
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so do we know if its going to be up today
  • Options
    rude81rude81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krehlmar wrote: »
    ROLLBACK for the love of all that is good...

AD can be used to buy/progress:

PROFESSION/CRAFTING
    GEAR
    PETS
    PETS LEVELS
    GOLD

The economy is ****ed on all fronts and if you CAN rollback every single account affected by the AD then go ahead, it'll spare me some hours of crafting.
    BUT; I would not accept letting half the scammers get away with lvl 20 crafting spewing out "Hero"'s and blacksmiths all over the place.

You are right. I totally forgot that you can do that too. Ok, so keeping the crafting levels is not an option. :-/
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    exstremist wrote: »
    stop spamming wipe and rollback admin said no wipe/rollback why you cannot understand it and arguing about something that not even exist at this moment

Don't bet on that.

p.s. Fixed your little format problem there for ya. You are welcome.
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    37970559.jpg
  • Options
    n0ut4j4n0ut4j4 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like they are manually "removing" every single exploiter, that would atleast explain the lenght of the downtime.
    A rollback or wipe wouldve already been dealt with.
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    You don't have to annoy everyone with those huge red letters you know...

Also, they did NOT say there would be no wipe/rollback. Matter of fact, they said:
    "We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback."

That is actually IN THIS THREAD, in the first post.
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    do we know if the servers will be up today
  • Options
    deferentesmortisdeferentesmortis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    m1sgfnsmc1 wrote: »
    yRBFMr5.png

epic is epic
  • Options
    dizmalonedizmalone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed on all points. This is how I play.

Grom

Same here :)
  • Options
    rhaanarhaana Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    Correct. Besides, will give me a chance to reroll a CW instead of the ****ty GWF I first started out with.

I completely agree at a complete wipe with a refund of AD and Zen spent is the only way to restore full confidence in the player base.
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    82202126.png

^ Excellent.
  • Options
    myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can see some account specific bans or rollbacks. BUt they won't do anything on a wide enough scale that it could even remotely affect cash paying users who didn't exploit. SO expect to see a ton of people celebrating "Cat-a-palooza".

IT goes back to the adage I have seen in every mmo I have played. (which sadly means almost every major mmo release in the last decade) : Exploit early, exploit often.

The exploiters in this game aren't even people who had to pay for a game client. THey have zero they are risking other than needing to create a new account. Just like the exploiting gold farmers in WoW, the cost of getting caught doesn't outweigh the benefits of not getting caught. Or the dupers in Rifts, or any other mmo that's been out. (they've all had one expliot or another).

So you folks need to settle down, unrustle your jimmies, unknot your panties, and accept that the servers will come back up. A few people will get banned, and in 2 days it will be a rarely mentioned folk story about "Cat-a-palooza weekend".
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ey KID, Y U no haz readz? See thread begn which you post
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.
  • Options
    zak0024zak0024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm fine with a currency reset across the board. Give the founders the ability to claim their reward again and reset all currency to 0. PPl that need to exploit to enhance gameplay just shows how truly useless they are in games like this. The game has so much going for it. Its a shame that a few failures can effect our community so much. That being said I have a rogue at 60 in full pvp gear that I have earned and a GWF that's about to hit 59 and he has his full set of gear I personally kick any player I can that trys to afk in battlegrounds so I will be highly upset if my chars get wiped to lvl 1
  • Options
    hultegrenhultegren Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aeonaheart wrote: »
    Just FYI for those who are confused...
    Also... every PW game I've played has database issues in their auction houses. It's like their Achilles heel. The game Perfect World Intl. still has the same issues with searching for an item and unless someone holds your hand and teaches you, trying to use their auction house is a nightmare. That's been like that since PWI beta... and all these years. Welcome to their idea of Perfect.
    I have really been stunned at how bad the AH search interface is. I find it hard to believe anyone but a kid just out of school wrote it. Now you say they have similar problems with all their games? My guess the reason we are still waiting for the game to come online is the code is just so bad they can't easily find a simple place in the rat nest to fix the problem.
  • Options
    impact24gimpact24g Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    papabear27 wrote: »
    Complete wipe with a refund of AD and Zen spent is the only way to restore full confidence in the player base.

Couldn't agree more.